Crohn’s disease is also called Crohn syndrome and it affects to every part of the body from mouth to your anus. This disease is very common in America and it affects more than 700,000 Americans according to a report of Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation of America and it happens to anyone at any age, almost from 15-35 and some common symptoms of Crohn’s diseases are diarrhea, bleeding abdominal pain, constipation, weight loss, fatigue, night sweats, appetite loss, etc. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 9 natural home remedies for Crohn’s disease pain with a hope that you will get some useful treatments for the condition shortly and naturally. This writing is for informational purpose only so you should consult your doctor if the problem is severe.
Top 9 Natural Home Remedies For Crohn’s Disease Pain You Should Know
Scientists cannot locate the reason of Crohn’s disease; nevertheless, researchers advise that infectious conditions, excessive smoking, or weak immune system might be the causes of this disease. Here are top 9 natural home remedies for Crohn’s disease for you:
Ginger is one of the most natural home remedies for Crohn’s disease pain because it includes antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This simple ingredient is valuable if you want to reduce inflammation as well as aid your digestion. The way of using ginger in healing the problem is:
- Mix a glass of hot water with ½ teaspoon of grated ginger, cover, steep it for 10 minutes. Then you strain and add some honey if desire, drink it immediately. You can do this method 2-3 times each day to get the perfect result.
- Another option is to get ginger supplements after asking your doctor.
Learn more: The Book On Neuropathy Solution
Cod liver oil is high in omega-3 fatty acids, EPA, and DHA. This ingredient also has anti-inflammatory agents that can decrease inflammation and treat Crohn’s disease effectively. The way to use cod liver oil is to take some teaspoons of cod liver oil every day. Alternatively, you can take cod liver oil capsules before consulting your doctor.
Carrots are useful home remedies for Crohn’s disease due to its great source of nutrients. They include antioxidants that can help you cure symptoms of Crohn’s disease well. In addition, carrots will improve immune system as well as digestion. The method is:
- Cook carrots until they get tender and soft, put some salt and then eat the recipe. You can eat it several times each day.
- Another way to use carrots in healing Crohn’s disease is extract carrot juice and mix with honey and lemon juice, drink it several time daily to get the result.
It is necessary to add probiotics in your diet if you have Crohn’s disease. The reason is that probiotics are good bacteria that can improve your digestion, improve food processing and absorption. How to add probiotics? You can take probiotic supplements before asking a doctor. You also can eat yogurt to get natural probiotics.
Green tea is a beneficial ingredient to eliminate Crohn’s disease because it has antioxidant, anti-carcinogenic and anti-inflammatory properties. Additionally, green tea is helpful for your immune system and decrease risk of colon cancer. Here is the instruction how to use green tea for treating Crohn’s disease:
- Mix a cup of hot water with a teaspoon of green tea leaves.
- Cover, steep for 5 minutes, strain and add honey.
- Drink tea more than 3 times each day.
Seeking home remedies for Crohn’s disease, you should not ignore marshmallow because it will soothe gastrointestinal tract as well as cure Crohn’s disease effectually. This ingredient can lower inflammation, cancel irritants, and heal inflamed lesions. This is the way to use marshmallow for Crohn’s disease:
- Combine a cup of hot water, some dried marshmallow root, and some dried marshmallow leaves.
- Cover, steep, strain and drink the tea.
- You can drink this tea 3 times every day.
- Avoid using marshmallow if you get diabetes.
Being good in anti-inflammatory and demulcent agent, slippery elm will improve your digestion and will improve bowel movements. In addition, this herb will prevent electrolyte imbalance and nutritional deficiencies if you have Crohn’s disease.
- In order to treat Crohn’s disease, you mix a cup of hot water, a teaspoon of slippery elm powder, steep, and drink it. You can use this method 2-3 times each day.
- You also can combine sugar, slippery elm in some glasses of hot water to consume. You can use this treatment twice each day to get the best outcome.
Turmeric is an effective home treatment for Crohn’s disease. It has anti-inflammatory agent that can reduce swelling and inflammation in tract of digestion. Here is the detailed guideline how to use turmeric for Crohn’s disease pain:
- After asking doctor’s advice, you can take curcumin or turmeric supplements 3 times daily.
- Another way is to add turmeric powder in healthy recipes to improve health.
Lack of vitamin D is one of the most reasons that cause Crohn’s disease. As the result, you should add more vitamin D to reduce symptoms of Crohn’s disease such as cramping, abdominal pain, fatigue, mouth sores, etc. Taking enough vitamin E will improve your immune system and reduce signs of Crohn’s disease and reduce inflammation. You can take vitamin D supplements following doctor’s instruction or the best way is to eat vitamin D-rich foods. For example, you can use cod liver oil, oily fish, mushrooms, cereal, tofu, caviar, dairy products, pork, eggs, dairy alternatives, and so on.
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading the article about top 9 natural home remedies for Crohn’s disease, I hope that you have learned some useful treatments to get rid of pain and symptoms of the disease naturally and effectively. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Related articles on Crohn’s disease: