Dry mouth, also scientifically named “xerostomia”, is a very popular health issue that many people have to face every day. The mouth’s dryness can be due to the reduced salivary flow or some changes in the saliva’s composition.
Home Remedies For Dry Mouth At Night – Natural Tips To Apply:
Dry mouth can be one unwanted effect of some medications that people use to treat anxiety, neuropathy (nerve pain), and depression, as well as some pain medications, muscle relaxants, decongestants, and antihistamines. Other possible triggers are nerve damage, diabetes, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and autoimmune diseases.
Dry mouth is also often one symptom showing that the salivary glands cannot work properly as is usually associated with drinking alcohol, smoking, depression, snoring, anxiety, stress, dehydration, and aging. Breastfeeding or pregnant women may also get dry mouth due to their hormonal changes and dehydration.
In this article, I will reveal some of the best home remedies for dry mouth at night that people should learn and apply for good! The home remedies include:
This is the first out of the natural home remedies for dry mouth at night that I want to introduce in this full article.
In fact, you can make use of ginger for treating this condition fast and effectively. Ginger is considered very efficient in saliva stimulation, and this spice can make the mouth feel fresh longer.
- You can drink 2 – 3 cups of honey mixed in ginger tea every day for stimulating your salivary glands.
- You can also slowly chew a small piece of fresh ginger. Apply this tip many times per day to reduce and eliminate the symptoms of dry mouth.
This is actually an Ayurvedic remedy for dry mouth. Chewing a pod of cardamom will help to moisturize your mouth effectively, as well as reduce bad breath fast.
- You can gargle with lukewarm cardamom tea twice per day.
- Do this once or twice daily: Add 1 tsp. of cardamom powder to a glass of hot water. Let the cardamom tea steep for about ten minutes and drink it.
- Thoroughly chew a pod of cardamom after having any meal or whenever you feel your mouth dry.
Read more: Eat, Drink, And Shrink Recipes to learn how to remain a healthy diet to improve the immune system and fight against every disease due to bacteria, including dry mouth.
Lemon juice can help to boost the production of saliva and reduce the symptoms of dry mouth. In addition, the acidic nature of lemon juice can help to cleanse the mouth and stop bad breath.
- Sprinkle a little salt onto a small piece of lemon. Rub the lemon piece onto your tongue to stimulate your taste buds.
- You can also make lemonade at home and drink it to cure dry mouth. You should make use of lemonade without sugar for better results.
- Add a little honey and an amount of lemon juice taken from half one lemon to a glass of water. To stay hydrated, you should sip this mixture throughout the day.
Grapeseed oil is also one of the best home remedies for dry mouth and throat at night that people should make use for good. Its moisturizing properties can help to coat your mouth and keep it moist for a sufficient time period. In addition, grapeseed oil is very rich in vitamin E, so it can help to heal any sore you might have in your mouth.
- Use your fingers to rub a little grapeseed oil onto the inner cheeks and the tongue.
- Leave it on overnight
- Next morning, use warm water to rinse your mouth off and brush your teeth as usual.
- Repeat this method every day before bedtime.
This is an “ancient” home remedy for dry mouth that many people love to apply. It can help to protect the sensitive tissues in your mouth and enhance your taste buds as well.
- Use a cotton swab to apply the pure gel of aloe vera around your mouth. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing your mouth off with cool water. Apply this tip two to three times per day.
- You can also gargle with the juice of aloe vera 2 to 3 times a day.
- Drink ¼ cup of aloe vera juice in a daily basis to treat dry mouth.
This is the last but very important out of the home remedies for dry mouth at night that I want to introduce in this entire article and want my readers to remember to apply for good!
The flavonoids contained in fennel seed can help to boost the saliva flow, and hence it can help to relieve the symptoms of dry mouth. In addition, the aromatic flavor of fennel seed can help you fight against bad breath which is often associated with dry mouth.
- You can mix equal amounts of fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds together. Dry roast them in a pan, and thoroughly grind them with a little salt. Eat half one tsp. of this mixture after eating every meal.
- Munch on fennel seeds many times every day to deal with dry mouth.
If you think that the best home remedies for dry mouth at night that I revealed in the article above are exactly what you need to know to stop your own condition, and if you want to share this list with other people you know who also want to stop having dry mouth at night, you should feel free to help them with this entire writing. In addition, as an author, I really welcome all of my readers’ personal thoughts, so leave your comments and feedbacks in the form below.This is the list of 6 best home remedies for dry mouth and throat at night that are proven useful and safe for readers of VKool.com and other people who want to stop suffering from this terrible and stubborn condition. These home remedies are 100% based on nature so that people should feel secure about them and do not worry about the possible side effects.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to increase productivity in the workplace – 7 useful tips
- 10 home remedies to quit smoking: best and effective ways
- 15 Benefits Of Loquat Fruits And Leaves For The Whole Health
- 10 Natural Healthy Sugar Substitutes That You Should Know
- Natural cures for skin infections among athletes
- 29 awesome benefits of cucumber for health and beauty
- Basic and general facts about Down syndrome – 6 facts
- The body of your dreams review – does the book work for you?