Dry scalp will be a real threat in case you really take care about a healthy hair. The dry scalp may cause head lice, dandruff, itchy scalp & finally hair loss. However, this common hair condition can be treated at your own home in case you are not in the severity stage. Recently, VKool.com made a writing of top 11 natural home remedies for dry scalp. This writing is a collection of top healthy, effective and easy solutions for common hair problems from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 11 Natural Home Remedies For Dry Scalp
1. Tea Tree Oil
The tea tree oil has powerful antibacterial and antifungal properties that make it be a great homemade natural remedy for dry scalp. This natural oil offers excellent moisture and nourishment that combat dryness, itchiness, and flakiness and thus prevent conditions linked to the dryness of scalp. When using tea tree oil for treating dry scalp, you need to dilute it before you apply it to your scalp.
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for dry scalp using tea tree oil:
- You mix 5 to 10 drops of the tea tree oil with the water
- You shampoo as normal
- You rinse your hair and scalp with this mixture after shampoo
2. Lemon Juice & Honey
This mixture does not only help you cure a sore throat, it also works perfectly in dealing with a dry scalp. Lemon has cleansing properties and honey has antibacterial properties. Only need to mix these ingredients together, and then apply it to your dry scalp, and you will see an amazing result. However, you need to remember that you should not use lemon for broken, irritated skin because it will cause the stinging sensation.
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for dry scalp using lemon juice & honey:
- You squeeze a lemon
- You take the juice
- You mix lemon juice with an amount of honey to maximize its benefit
- You massage it on your scalp for about a few minutes.
- You rinse off with water
In addition, you can mix lemon juice with rosemary oil, extra virgin oil, and other essential oil. Easily, you cut a pure lemon, and then you take the juice. You use a little of lemon juice and mix it with any essential oil you want. Then, you apply to your scalp and rinse off with water.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar, Rosemary Oil & Peppermint Oil
If you apply apple cider vinegar onto your scalp, it may help you balance the pH of your scalp and then relive itching & dryness. However, apple cider vinegar should be diluted with the water before using.
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for dry scalp using apple cider vinegar:
- You combine a handful of rosemary with 3 cups of water in a saucepan
- You bring this mixture to a boil
- You lower the heat to a simmer
- You cover & cook slowly this mixture for about 45 minutes
- You strain this mixture into a medium bowl or a bottle
- You let cool
- You add ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with 8 to 10 drops of peppermint oil and 10 drops of rosemary oil
- You put into spray bottle
- You keep in the shower
- You use generously after shampooing
- You leave in or rinse out with water as normal
4. Sesame Seed Oil
Like tea tree oil, the sesame oil can work by moisturizing and nourishing the scalp, thus treating a dry scalp. You should massage this oil into your scalp for about 10 minutes just before a shampoo for best results.
5. Olive Oil
The olive oil is rich in vitamin E & monounsaturated fatty acids that can help you in combating the dryness of your scalp. Simply, you heat the extra virgin olive oil & then you gently massage it into your scalp. Next, you leave it on for about 30 minutes. Finally, you will rinse off your hair and scalp thoroughly.
6. Coconut Oil
The coconut oil is known as one of the popular home remedies for dry scalp. This oil will help restore the natural moisture of your scalp and prevent dryness & flakiness. Simply, you just need to massage gently the warm coconut oil into the entire scalp. Then, you leave it in for about 60 minutes, and then you rinse off with the water.
7. Honey & Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for dry scalp using honey & extra virgin olive oil:
- You warm the extra virgin olive oil in some minutes
- Then you mix 2 teaspoons of pure honey into this oil
- You gently massage it onto your scalp.
- You let it stay on for about 10 minutes
- Then you rinse off with herbal shampoo.
- You use a hot towel to cover the scalp that will help you hold the moisture.
8. Apple Cider Vinegar & Olive Oil
You should use apple cider vinegar like a natural conditioner for some minutes after applying the hot oil treatment. Then, you rinse off with the fresh water. Apple cider vinegar and olive oil will help reduce inflammation caused by dry scalp. Apple cider vinegar is also used as the natural ingredient of conditioner. In addition, it is mostly found in popular home remedies for dry scalp and other hair problems.
9. Grapefruit, Coconut Oil & Lemon Juice Mixture
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for dry scalp using grapefruit, coconut oil & lemon juice:
- You take an amount of the organic coconut oil & then you warm it
- You let it cool down to the room temperature
- You prepare your grapefruit juice & lemon juice.
- You blend some grape & cut a lemon
- You crush fresh lemon juice
- You mix 2 tablespoons of grape juice and lemon juice
- Then you mix them with coconut oil
- You let it dissolve appropriately for some minutes
- Then you gently massage this mixture on your scalp
- You take a hot towel & wrap it on head in order that it will hold the moisture
- You let it stay for about 10 minutes
- Then you shampoo as normal
10. Sugar Scalp Scrub
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for dry scalp using brown sugar and olive oil:
- You put 5 tablespoons of brown sugar in a bowl
- You then slowly add the olive oil or any essential oil you like to this bowl to form a paste.
- Next, before shampooing section the hair, you apply this paste into your scalp
- You rub gently in the circular motion
- Next, you shampoo & condition as normal.
11. Apple Cider Vinegar Only
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for dry scalp using only apple cider vinegar:
- You take ½ cup of the water and 1/2 cup of the apple cider vinegar
- You mix them well & you use the mixture to massage the scalp and hair
- You let this mixture sit on your scalp for roughly 10 minutes
- You rinse your hair with your favorite shampoo
- You clean your scalp and hair with cold water
- You then take a cotton and you dip it into your apple cider vinegar solution
- You stick your scalp with this cotton
- Then you leave it on for about 10 – 15 minutes
- You wash your scalp and hair with cold water.
- You should repeat this remedy 2 times a week.
To see all of our writings about hair care recipes, tips to treat common hair problems and homemade hair remedies, go to our main Hair Care page. After reading the writing of top 11 natural home remedies for dry scalp, hope that this writing helps you understand more about healthy benefits of herbs, essential oils and fruits on hair care and helps you find out the best remedies for your hair problem. However, it is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for dry scalp, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to treat blackheads at home naturally – 6 tips
- How to get rid of alcohol addiction naturally – 9 tips
- Homemade green tea face mask recipe: 26 best solutions
- Natural cucumber face mask: 15 homemade recipes
- 19 Tips On How To Treat Achilles Tendonitis Naturally At Home
- Benefits of argan oil for skin & how to use it properly
- 11 Health benefits of holy basil tea
- Discover the tale of a healthy hair