Edema is also known as oedema, hydropsy and dropsy. It usually affects the ankles, hands, legs and feet. Common symptoms of edema include puffiness, swelling, stretched or shiny skin. There are various home remedies for dealing with edema in feet, legs and ankles. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat of edema in feet, legs and ankles? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 8 home remedies for edema in feet, legs and ankles. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 8 Home Remedies For Edema In Feet, Legs And Ankles You Should Follow
Here are 8 best home remedies you are looking for:
Tea tree oil is one of best home remedies for edema in feet, legs and ankles. Especially, it helps reduce pain and swelling from edema due to its analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. For best results, you can use the oil as follows.
- Put tea tree oil (a few drops) on a cotton swab and then apply it on the troubled area. Leave it for a few minutes and next to wash it off with warm water. You can repeat this remedy as needed.
- Another option is add tea tree oil (a few drops) to any carrier oil and then use it to massage the affected area. It is recommended to repeat this remedy two times per day for some days until the pain and swelling are gone.
Apple cider vinegar is another home remedy for reducing edema symptoms. It helps reverse fluid retention and replenish potassium levels in your body thanks to its potassium agent. Furthermore, Due to anti-inflammatory property, it also helps decrease swelling and pain. You can use the vinegar as follows.
- Add unfiltered or raw apple cider vinegar (1 or 2 teaspoons) to one glass of water. Afterwards, you had better consume it twice daily.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and warm water and then dip a towel in the mixture and apply it on the affected area for a few minutes. It is suggested to repeat this a few times per day.
One of an effective home remedies for edema in feet, legs and ankles is using Epsom salt. It helps you get rid of inflammation, swelling and pain because of edema. Plus, it also help toxin from your body and draw out excess fluids. For instant effects, the salt is used as follows.
- Mix Epsom salt (2 cups) in warm bathwater.
- Soak in it for about ten minutes.
You should repeat up to three times a week.
Parsley is also effective in decreasing swelling and pain caused by edema. For positive effects, you can use parsley as following options.
- Add dried parsley (1 teaspoon) to two cups of water. Boil it for ten minutes and then strain it. It is recommended to drink it once each day before eating breakfast.
- Another option is to make a paste by crushing parsley leaves and then apply it on the troubled areas. Wait it on for half an hour and then wash it off with warm water. You should repeat two times a day.
- Or, you can add parley to salads, sandwiches, soups, and other dishes in your diet meals.
Dandelion is considered as an excellent home remedy for edema. Especially, it helps encourage the draining of fluid and balance out sodium in the body thanks to its natural diuretic and potassium properties. For best effects, you should use it as follows.
- Mix dried or fresh dandelion leaves (1 teaspoon) in one cup of hot water.
- Cover and steep for 5 to 7 minutes and then strain it.
It is suggested to drink two to three cups of dandelion tea daily.
Read more: The Book Of Curing Thrush
Coriander seeds are also helpful treatment for edema. The coriander seeds’ anti-inflammatory property can help decrease swelling and pain. Plus, the seeds also encourage good blood circulation. The seeds are used as follows.
- Mix coriander seeds (3 tablespoons) in 1 cup of water.
- Boil it and then simmer till the mixture reduces by half.
- Strain and let it to cool.
You should consume this two times per day until the symptoms of edema are gone.
Flaxseeds are an effective home remedy for edema in feet, legs and ankles. It helps reduce swelling and get rid of harmful toxins due to its anti-inflammatory property. For quick results, you had better use it as follows.
- Add one-half teaspoon of ground flaxseeds to one glass of warm water. It is suggested to drink it two times daily.
- Another option is to massage flaxseed oil on the affected area a few times daily.
Massage is another useful way to decrease swelling and pain due to edema. For best results, you can gently massage the troubled area with the warm oil. It is recommended to repeat this several times per day.
Related articles on hand and feet problems:
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. Try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of edema in feet, legs and ankles. You should use above remedies for at least one or two months to receive positive results. After studying the writing of top 8 home remedies for edema in feet, legs and ankles, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to deal with edema in feet, legs and ankles fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Gas saving switch review – how to save money on gas?
- 21 Natural ways to treat eczema in babies and adults
- 11 home remedies for itchy eyes and runny nose due to allergies
- Stop tiredness now review – will this guide really work?
- Top 10 natural home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain
- Natural urticaria & angioedema treatment system review
- 9 Signs Of Unhealthy Vagina That You Should Be Aware Of
- List of healthy foods for teens should be known