Gallstones are hard deposits forming inside gallbladder, an organ located behind liver on the right of abdomen.
Gallstones range in different sizes from small like sand grains to large like golf balls. There are about 80% of gallstones made of the hardened cholesterol, which develops due to a large amount of cholesterol in gallbladder, according to the Medical Association, US. Other causes of gallstones include the concentration of bile in gallbladder and high levels of bilirubin.
Obesity, pregnancy, diabetes, a sedentary lifestyle, liver disease, a high fat diet and anemia may be some high risk factors of gallstones. Those, who are older than 60 also have higher risks of gallstones. Here on the VKool site are effective & quick natural home remedies for gallstones. Read and apply some remedies for removing your gallstones as well as improving your health fast!
Effective & Quick Natural Home Remedies For Gallstones
You may develop gallstones but you don’t know it. When gallstones obstruct your bile duct, they may cause some common symptoms like severe pain in the right of your abdomen, nausea, back pain, vomiting, indigestion, bloating, clay-colored stools and chills. The pain caused by gallstones may last for a few minutes to several hours.
Gallstones may cause terrible pain and they need be treated fast for getting rid of the risk of sudden death. Thereby, consult a doctor for your proper diagnosis as well as effective treatments. There are various natural home remedies for gallstones, hence you should consider using some first, with the advice from your doctor. It’s is possible to treat your gallstones and prevent them from coming back.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
The acid of apple cider vinegar can help stops your liver in producing cholesterol, which is responsible for causing common types of gallstones. In other words, this acid plays an important role in alleviating pain and dissolving gallstones.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the vinegar in a half glass of fresh apple juice. Drink this mixture in the morning or whenever gallstone attacks come. This can significantly ease your gallstone pain within 10 to 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, add 2 teaspoons of the vinegar and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice to ½ glass of water. Mix them well and drink the mixture on your empty stomach in the morning. You should use warm water to get the best result. Do this regularly for several weeks and your gallstones will be dissolved fast and you can also get rid of gallstone pain immediately.
2. Lemon Juice
Next to home remedies for gallstones, try lemon juice for letting your gallstone attack in your control. This simple juice can help stop the liver from producing cholesterol that assists in your faster recovery. Moreover, the pectin in fresh lemon juice is proven to cure gallbladder pain that can be attributed to gallstones.
Additionally, the antioxidants in lemon can make cholesterol become more water soluble that can promote the faster elimination of wastes and toxins in the body.
Read on: Crunch Cholesterol
- Drink fresh lemon juice squeezed from 3 lemons daily on your empty stomach. Apply this drink every morning by mixing the lemon juice with a half glass of warm water. Follow this remedy for a full week and notice the improvement.
- Alternatively, drink 4 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice that are mixed with a glass of water every morning on your empty stomach. Follow this remedy for a few weeks until your gallstones are removed from your body.
Peppermint can help aid the digestive system by stimulating bile flows and digestive juices. Also, peppermint contains a compound, called terpene, which can dissolve gallstones effectively. Moreover, peppermint is believed to relax the spasms as well as relieve the acute gallbladder pain.
- First, boil 1 cup of water
- Add 1 teaspoon of peppermint leaves for several minutes
- Then, remove from the heat, and steep for 5 minutes
- Next, strain, add 1 teaspoon of honey
- Your peppermint tea is ready
- Enjoy the tea when it’s still warm, twice a day for about 4 to 6 weeks
- Drink the tea between your meals for the best results
4. Vegetable Juice
When it comes to remedies for gallstones, it is essential for you to cut down on fatty, spicy and fried foods. For 1 week or 2 weeks, follow your strict diet basing on vegetable and fruit juices. Mixed vegetable and fruit juices that are made of cucumber, carrots and beet root are also the best home remedies for gallstones.
Cucumber is high in water content so that cucumber juice is great for detoxifying gallbladder as well as liver. Beet root can help in cleansing liver and strengthening gallbladder. Carrot is high in vitamin C and essential nutrients so that it is good for immunity.
- Extract the beet root juice from 1 beet root, 4 medium-size carrots and one cucumber
- Mix all of them well and drink the juice 2 times a day
- Follow this solution for a full 2 weeks and notice your huge improvement
Psyllium is a great source of soluble fiber, so it is believed to be an effective remedy for gallstones. The fiber of psyllium can bind cholesterol in the bile and prevent your gallstones from developing.
Additionally, psyllium can help promote normal bowel movements that reduce high risk of gallbladder becoming congested. Plus, psyllium can help prevent constipation condition associated with gallstone formation.
- First, take 1 tablespoon of psyllium powder and mix it into a glass of warm water
- Mix them well and consume it twice a day
- Follow this home remedy daily until the gallstones are gone
Note that once taking psyllium, be sure you will drink plenty of water because the psyllium powder absorbs water.
Next to home remedies for gallstones, consider dandelion. This is another useful herb for treating gallstones. Dandelion contains the taraxicin compound that can aid in the bile excretion from liver. The plan also aids in detoxifying toxins and metabolizing fat that is accumulated in liver. Once the liver functions properly, it assists the gallbladder functioning.
- First, place 1 teaspoon of dandelion root in your cup
- Next, pour hot water, cover and let it steep within 5 minutes
- Finally, strain the tea, then add honey (optional)
- Drink the tea 3 or 3 times per day for 1 or 2 weeks
- Alternatively, prepare a tea by adding 2 tsps of marshmallow root, plus 1 tsp of Oregon grape root to 4 cups of hot water. Let them simmer for about 15 minutes and remove from the heat
- Next, add 2 tsps of dried dandelion leaves, plus on1e teaspoon of dried peppermint leaves
- Let it steep for about15 minutes
- Strain the tea and drink it through the day
Note: If you are diabetic, avoid dandelion.
7. Milk Thistle
Milk thistle is very useful for gallstone treatment. The herb has a bitter substance – silymarin, which can help stimulate the bile production. The production of increased bile in turn aids in decreasing its concentration and assists in flushing out gallstones. This herb also helps in the liver functioning.
- First, grind 1 tablespoon of the milk thistle seeds in a grinder and grind them in a pestle and mortar. Put the crushed milk thistle seeds in 3 cups of hot water, then boil for 10 minutes
- Next, remove from the heat and allow it to steep for about 20 minutes
- Strain the tea, and add honey (optional)
- Drink the tea 2 to 3 times per day for a full week
- Alternatively, take the milk thistle herb in the supplement form
- For proper doses, consult a doctor
- Usually, take about 420 mg of milk thistle extract per day in 3 divided doses. If your extract has phosphatidylcholine, the standard dose should be 100mg to 200mg, 2 to 3 times a day.
8. Castor Oil
Last but not least among home remedies for gallstones, you should consider castor oil. This oil contains many healing properties, which help reduce or minimize gallstones. Moreover, anti-inflammatory properties in castor oil aid in neutralizing the body’s inflammation as well as reducing pain. Also, castor oil has positive effects on the immunity and lymphatic system.
- First, gently boil 1 cup of pure castor oil in a small pan
- Next, soak a clean cheesecloth in the oil, and squeeze out excess oil
- Then, put the wet cheesecloth over the side where your gallbladder is located.
- Next, cover the cheesecloth with a suitable plastic sheet
- Next, put a bag of hot water on your plastic sheet for about 60 minutes
- Follow this remedy at least 3 times per week until you completely recover from gallstone pain.
There are all 8 effective & natural home remedies for gallstones that you can apply immediately for getting healthy and comfortable fast. For any feedback on this writing, comment on it at the end of the page!