Genital herpes is known as a STD (sexually transmitted disease). It is caused by Type I virus (HSV-1) and Type II virus (HSV-2). There are various home remedies for dealing with genital herpes. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat of genital herpes? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will introduce you top 10 natural home remedies for genital herpes. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Genital Herpes You Should Follow
Here are 10 best home remedies you are looking for:
Apple cider vinegar is considered as an effective natural home remedy for genital herpes. Especially, it helps reduce the severity of herpes outbreaks thanks to anti-inflammatory, disinfectant and astringent. For best results, you can use it as follows.
- Soak a cotton ball in this vinegar and then dab it on the troubled areas for three or four times per day.
- Another option is to add apple cider vinegar (one or two teaspoons) to one cup of water. It is suggested to drink the solution twice per day during flare-ups.
Hydrogen peroxide is another excellent and popular home remedy for genital herpes. To see expected results, you can use it as following choices.
- Use a cotton ball and then apply about three percent hydrogen peroxide solution on the troubled area. Let it on for some minutes and then rinse it off. You should follow the way every few hours for some days.
- Another option is to crush a lysine tablet and then mix it with hydrogen peroxide and next to apply.
Garlic is an effective natural home remedy for combating genital herpes due to its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. To receive expected effects, you can use garlic as follows.
- Set one crushed garlic clove on the troubled area and then keep it on for about 15 minutes. You had better repeat this a few times per day for two days or till you see improvement.
- Another choice is to apply garlic oil on the troubled area two or three times a day. To make garlic oil, you must cook fresh garlic cloves in olive oil till they turn brown and next to strain the oil.
- Or, you can also eat about two crushed garlic cloves per day.
The benefits of licorice root are to combat the herpes virus and boost the immune system and. For instant results, licorice root is used for treating genital herpes as follows.
- Mix licorice root powder (one tablespoon) with water (one-half tablespoon). Dab it on the troubled area and then keep it on for some hours. You should follow this three or four times daily until the blister is disappear.
- Another simple option is to apply a thin layer of gel licorice root extract or cream on the affected area for instant relief.
Epsom salt is one of the effective home remedies for genital herpes. You can use it as following way.
- Mix a little salt in water (half bucket) and then soak in this water mixture on the infected area for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Leave this to dry on your skin before taking a bath.
- Another method is to add Epsom salt to a warm water bath in order to relax the sore muscles and shorten the recovery time from genital herpes.
One of the most effective and popular natural home remedies for genital herpes is using lemon. For best result, you can cut lemon pieces into halves and then place the open area directly on the sores.
Wet tea bags are very good for to reducing the genital herpes. Black tea bags are very useful for fighting off herpes virus because it contains antiviral and anti inflammatory properties.
To use them for treating genital herpes, you can expend it as follows.
- Dip black tea bag in one cup of warm water for some minutes.
- Then apply this wet tea bag on the affected area.
- Another way is to dip the soft cotton in the warm black tea and then apply it on the affected area.
As you know, aloe vera is very effective for health problems. Especially, it is consider as the useful treatment for genital herpes. For instant effects, you can directly apply aloe verajuice or extract on the sores to decrease the redness and itching in the infected area. You should repeat it twice per day for about 15 days to see best results.
This is an old and effective home remedy used to cure genital herpes. You can use baking soda as follows.
- Directly apply baking soda to the affected areas where you feel intense itching. This will help keep the area dry and also help in faster healing.
- You can pat the baking soda on the affected areas by using a cotton ball.
Raw milk is also considered as good natural home remedy for genital herpes. It is used as follows. Milk helps in killing viruses due to monocarp in fat.
- First step is to apply cold milk on the affected area and then leave it there for about 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse it off and next to pat dry.
Related articles on herpes problems:
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. Try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of genital herpes. After studying the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for genital herpes, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to combat genital herpes fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any natural home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.