Have you ever suffered from inflammation in the nasal passages with a headache? It’s a common sign of a head cold. Frankly speaking, a sore throat and blocked nose can destroy all your fun in the winter season. Don’t worry because there are some certain home remedies that can deal with a head cold. Before finding out what they are, let’s have a look at some symptoms of a head cold. The viral infection of a head cold tends to create issues in the head, sinuses as well as the face area. Some of the main symptoms of a head cold are a headache and earache, cough, high fever, runny nose, itchy eyes, or sore throat, and so on. So, it is vital to treat a head cold before it results in other infections such as strep throat, pneumonia, and bronchitis. Many natural home remedies for head cold give effective relief from the different symptoms of a head cold without leaving any side effect. The home remedies for head cold need the ingredients that are readily available in every kitchen. These ingredients also are cheap and cost-effective. We, VKool, are here to help you deal with a head cold by natural remedies. Keep reading this post at our site in the line of Home Remedies to find more about the best home remedies for head cold.
10 Best Home Remedies For Head Cold That Do Wonders
1. Home Remedies For Head Cold – Herbal Tea
Herbal tea can treat a head cold and reduce its symptoms because it contains spices. It battles the virus and calms the impact of a head cold on your body. It also reduces some symptoms of a head cold such as a headache, inflammation of nasal passages and body aches. So, you shouldn’t neglect this wonderful solution when looking for the best home remedies for head cold.
- 1 cup of coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp of cumin seeds
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 1tbsp of fennel seeds
- ½ tsp of fenugreek seeds
- 2 tbsp of milk
- 1 cup of water
- Firstly, take coriander seeds (1 cup), 1 tbsp each of fennel seeds and cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds (½ tbsp) in a pan.
- Next, heat the pan and then dry roast the seeds until it turns little brown in color.
- In a grinder, grind the roasted seeds until a fine powder of the herbal tea is formed.
- Take water (1 cup) and boil it. Then, put herbal tea powder (2 tablespoons) and sugar (2 tablespoons) in it. Add milk (2 tablespoons) in it and now stir it properly.
- Boil that solution properly and later filter it. Drink the herbal tea carefully as it is hot. It is suggested to consume the tea twice a day till the symptoms of a head cold are reduced.
2. Home Remedies For Head Cold – Chicken Soup
Chicken soup is one of the most popular home remedies for head cold. Chicken soup gives the necessary nutrients and vitamins to the body to fight against this problem. Chicken soup contains the high antioxidant properties that boost the healing process. Besides, it’ll boost the immune system and restore strength in the weary body.
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 medium size carrot
- 1 cup of egg noodles
- 2 tbsp of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp of chopped dill
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Firstly, boil chicken broth (1 cup) in the oven. Later add chopped carrot, ginger and garlic paste (2 tablespoons) and chopped dill (1 tablespoon).
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Add chicken (1 cup) and egg noodles (1 cup) in it.
- Cook for nine minutes. To it, add lemon juice and stir it well.
- Consume it as it is hot to ease the head cold symptoms.
3. Milk With Turmeric Remedy
You also should add this remedy to the list of the best home remedies for head cold. A combination of milk and turmeric helps to lower the signs of a head cold. The milk gives essential nutrition to help the process of recovery from a head cold faster while the turmeric combats infection and provides quick relief from a headache as well as body aches.
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ tbsp of turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp of ginger powder
- Boil a cup of milk it at first and add turmeric powder (½ tablespoon) and ginger powder (½ tablespoon) in it.
- Add a little sugar as desired and mix it well. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Finally, consume this turmeric milk carefully.
- To prevent and cure the head cold, repeat twice a day.
4. Using Garlic
Surely, using garlic is also one of the most beneficial home remedies for head cold. Garlic can remove the cold symptoms due to its antiviral and antibacterial properties. Garlic is also good for the immunity and helps to open up respiratory passages. Moreover, it helps to flush toxins out of the body. There are a lot of ways to make use of garlic for head cold treatment. Here are a few simple methods:
Simply, you just eat raw garlic or use some garlic oil drops in your drinks and food.
Prepare 1 crushed garlic clove, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of red chilli powder or cayenne pepper and 1 teaspoon of honey. Later, mix them together and consume the mixture every day until the symptoms disappear.
In 1 cup of water, boil 4-5 chopped garlic cloves. Then, to it, add 1 teaspoon of honey. Consume it 2-3 times a day.
5. Home Remedies For Head Cold – Cinnamon
When seeking the most effective home remedies for head cold, you don’t neglect cinnamon. Cinnamon can combat a common cold and calms the pain of a sore or dry throat.
You can simply drink cinnamon bark oil (a few drops) with some honey to combat a head cold.
Mix powdered cinnamon (a tablespoon) and 2 cloves in boiling water (a glass). Let it simmer for twenty minutes. Strain and consume it while it’s still warm. You can also add some honey for best results. Drink this tea 1-3 times a day for the desirable results.
To know more the best and most effective home remedies for head cold, continue reading our post!
6. Mullein Tea Remedy
Mullein tea is another remedy in the list of the best home remedies for head cold you should not pass. Just one hot cup of mullein tea can help to decrease the chest and nasal congestion. Mullein tea comes with the expectorant properties that treat head cold rapidly.
- 1 tbsp of mullein herb
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tbsp of honey
- Take a cup of water and later boil it. To the boiling water, add 1 tablespoon of mullein herb. Leave the water to boil for eight minutes.
- Afterward, filter the mullein tea and add 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Finally, enjoy the mullein tea.
- Consume the mullein tea twice to thrice in a day to remove the head cold totally.
7. Home Remedies For Head Cold – Ginger
Ginger is a popular and traditional remedy for head cold cure. It can treat a head cold as well as and its symptoms because this spicy comes with expectorant, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Thus, using ginger is also considered among the best home remedies for head cold at home.
You can either drink ginger tea or eat raw ginger a few times a day. You can add some honey and lemon juice to improve the effectiveness of ginger tea.
For a runny nose, you can mix clarified butter (ghee), dry ginger powder, and gur (jaggery), a natural sweetener in equal amounts. Consume this mixture every day on an empty stomach in the morning.
8. Using Milk
Basically, milk, when combined with ginger and turmeric powder, helps to treat coughing and other cold symptoms, such as a headache and body aches. Milk doesn’t increase mucus production, too.
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ tablespoon of ginger powder
- Boil milk at first and add turmeric powder (1/2 teaspoon) and ginger powder (1/2 tablespoon).
- Let the milk cool to room temperature. Try consuming this mixture two times a day and preferably before going to sleep.
9. Sore Throat Gargle
You should gargle with a combination of sage, salt, and apple cider vinegar to reduce a sore throat – a symptom of a head cold. The salt will remove excess fluid from the tissues in the throat. As coming to colds, sage is a great herb. It is anti-bacterial and astringent, which will help to remove excess fluid from the tissues, the apple cider vinegar, on the other hand, may help to destroy the disease.
- 1 cup of ACV (apple cider vinegar)
- 1 tsp of salt
- 8 tbsp fresh or 4 tbsp of dried sage
- 1 cup of water
- Take sage leaves and place them at the bottom of one mug. Later cover with a cup of boiling water.
- Then, steep for 15 minutes. While the sage steeps, you pour apple cider vinegar (1 cup) into the jar and after that, sprinkle in the salt.
- Strain the sage tea when fully infused and add into the ACV.
- Lastly, gargle with this solution at least 3 times every day for pain relief. The remaining can be kept in your refrigerator for up to a week.
10. Home Remedies For Head Cold – Red Onion
Homemade red onion syrup can work effectively for people suffering from a head cold. To make the syrup, you will prepare red onions and brown sugar or honey.
- Slice 2-3 red onions horizontally at first. In a bowl, put an onion slice and add raw honey. You need to repeat the process until your bowl is full.
- Then, cover the bowl and wait for 12 -15 hours. Your homemade red onion syrup is now ready for use.
- Drink a spoonful of this syrup several times per day to get instant relief from sore throats as well as other symptoms of a head cold.
Some Useful Tips For Head Cold Treatment
Aside from home remedies for head cold, the tips to reduce the problem are also useful to combat the infection. These tips will help you to recover from the head cold very quickly.
- You should consume a lot of juice or water. This will inhibit dehydration and breaks up the congestion as well.
- Gargle regularly with warm salt water. This will provide relief from a sore throat.
- Blow your nose properly to remove mucus from your body. This will reduce the chance of congestion of mucus in your head.
- Inhale steam to reduce nasal congestion and running nose.
- Take a rest as a lot of energy is required to fight against the head cold virus.
Share your experience with the use of home remedies to fight against a head cold. These home remedies should give you some relief from the symptoms of a common cold. But if the cold lasts longer than two weeks, you should consult a physician.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Get rid tattoo naturally review – will Jason’s guide work?
- How to treat vomiting in adults at home
- How to relieve itchy eyes naturally at home – 7 tips
- How to increase your lung capacity for singing & running: 7 tips
- How to be more sociable and outgoing at work or in college
- Natural & quick hair straightening tips at home are revealed
- 9 Home remedies for ear infection in children and adults
- 22 Best and healthy apple recipes – easy recipes to make at home