Risk factors causing heel spurs pain include jogging or running on hard surfaces, walking barefoot on hard surfaces, badly worn shoes or wearing poorly fitted, spending most of the time on one’s feet, obesity, tight calf muscles, age and diabetes. You can use various natural treatments in order to get relief from the pain. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat heel spurs pain? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for heel spurs pain. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Heel Spurs Pain That Work
Here are 10 best home remedies you are looking for:
Apple cider vinegar is one of the great home remedies for heel spurs pain. Especially, it provides pain relief, helps pull out excess calcium from the area of a heel spur and reduces inflammation as well. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Cut out a towel piece in the shape of the foot and next to dip it in apple cider vinegar. Then place this soaked towel in your shoe and lastly, wear it. Make sure to maintain this towel moist throughout the day. You should follow this remedy for at least one week.
- Alternatively, warm apple cider vinegar (½ cup) in a pan and next to pour it into a small tub filled with warm water. Then immerse your feet in this tub for about 5 to 10 minutes, two times every day for about 1 or 2 weeks.
- Another option is to mix one tablespoon each of honey and unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar in one glass of warm water. It is suggested to consume it two times a day for about 1 or 2 weeks.
Ice can be used to decrease pain as well as control the swelling and inflammation associated with heel spurs. In addition, it will also help relax your muscles. For the best results, you can use it as following steps.
- Freeze a water bottle.
- Then roll it under the foot for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Follow this remedy as soon as you feel pain.
Note: You should not directly apply the ice to your skin to avoid frostbite.
Baking soda is one of the effective home remedies for heel spurs pain. The crystals present in baking soda will help decrease calcium deposits built up on your bottom of the heel bone. Moreover, it also helps reduce inflammation and pain as well. What you need to do:
- Mix baking soda (½ teaspoon) and a little waterto create a paste. Next to apply the paste on your heel spur and then cover with it with duct tape or gauze. It is recommended to repeat this treatment two times every day for several days.
- Alternatively, mix baking soda (1 teaspoon) and apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons) in one glass of warm water. You had better consume it once every day for two weeks to balance the pH in your body.
Epsom salt is also considered as one of the great home remedies for heel spurs. Especially, it can help soothe your heels and reduce inflammation and pain as well. What you need to do:
- Put Epsom salt (2 to 3 tablespoons) in one tub of warm water.
- Soak your affected heel in this tub for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently massage the heel in order to alleviate pressure.
- Then apply some moisturizer before going to sleep.
It is recommended to follow this remedy every day before bedtime.
Coconut oil is also a good treatment for heel spurs pain. Being a natural moisturizing agent, this oil helps relieve pain as well as soften the spur. In addition, it contains calcium which is necessary for healthy bone formation. For instant results, you can use it as follows.
- Massage the troubled area with warm coconut oil. Allow it on for several hours in order to get relief from inflammation and pain. You should follow this daily before bedtime to prevent discomfort in the morning.
- Alternatively, you can also take extra-virgin coconut oil (1 tablespoon) every dayin the morning.
If you want to discover other natural home remedies for heel spurs pain, keep reading this writing!
Flaxseed oil has alpha-linolenic acid (a form of omega-3 fatty acid) which can help decrease inflammation and pain. Plus, it can also reduce morning stiffness associated with heel spurs. What you need to do:
- Heat flaxseed oil (¼ cup) in one pan until it is warm.
- Dip a cheesecloth piece into the oil.
- Next to place the cloth over your affected area and then secure it with a plastic piece.
- Place one heating pad over this plastic for several hours. During this time, you should avoid movement of any kind.
It is suggested to follows this treatment once every day till you get relief from the pain.
Turmeric contains curcumin that acts as a potent painkiller as well as anti-inflammatory agent. Therefore, regular consumption of turmeric can help ease the inflammation and pain of a heel spur. For desirable results, you should use it as follows.
- Mix turmeric powder (1 teaspoon) in a cup of milk. Then heat this mixture over a low flame. You had better consume this two times daily for speedy recovery.
- Another choice is to take 500 to 1,000 mg of curcumin three times daily for about six weeks, but only after consulting your doctor.
One of the popular home remedies for heel spurs pain is alfalfa. This herb has many minerals such as calcium and selenium required for healthy bone formation. In addition, it can help alleviate inflammation and pain. What you need to do:
- Add alfalfa seeds (½ to 1 teaspoon) to one cup of boiling water.
- Cover and next to let it simmer for half an hour.
- Strain and then add a little honey.
- Drink this tea about 3 or 4 times every day until the inflammation and pain is gone.
- Then enjoy about two cups of alfalfa tea every day to maintain the symptoms at bay.
Borax is also one of the effective home remedies for heel spurs pain. Especially, it minerals necessary for bone health and helps maintain the levels of hormones. For positive effects, you can use it as follows.
- Mix borax (½ teaspoon) with cold, chlorinated water (4 cups).
- Soak your feet in this mixture for half an hour before going to bed.
It is suggested to follow this treatment every day for a couple of weeks.
Doing exercises can also decrease the discomforts associated with heel spurs pain. What you need to do:
- You can do exercises such as plantar fascia stretches and calf stretches two times every day, in the morning and evening.
- Another option is to do foot rotation exercises whenever you are free time.
- Also, go swimming or cycling for some times.
- Wear the suitable running shoes to protect your feet.
- Avoid wearing tight, irregular or ill-fitting shoes.
- Keep a healthy body weight.
- Follow a diet rich in fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- In order to take the pressure off the heel, use a heel-raising pad or a heel cushion in your shoe.
- Leave your feet to rest because rest is necessary for quick recovery. Maintain your feet elevated when resting.
- Never go barefoot, especially on hard surfaces.
- Stretch the feet before rising in the morning.
- Avoid standing for long hours.
- Take magnesium and calcium supplements, but only after consulting a doctor. Alternatively, you can also take 500 mg ginger tablets about 2 or 3 times every day or 1,000 mg of omega-3 fatty acid supplements two times a day.
- Expose the painful heel to morning sunlight in order to help speed up recovery.
- Reduce stress because it can worsen your condition.
- Meditation and yoga can also help a lot.
- Acupuncture can also reduce inflammation and pain.
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. You should try these effective home remedies right away and be relieved of heel spurs pain. You had better use above remedies for at least one or two months to receive optimal results. After studying the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for heel spurs pain, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to treat heel spurs pain fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles on heel problems:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Tips for eating healthy on a budget – grocery list & recipes
- Top 22 functional fitness exercises for seniors
- How to influence people’s minds and behaviour – 9 ways
- How to improve posture at home for man and women – 16 ways to do
- Top 14 positive and side effects of supplements on the body
- How to protect the environment from pollution – 8 best tips
- 17 foods good for hair growth and regrowth
- Cold sore free forever review – will Derek’s book help you?