Some common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are abdominal pain or cramping, constipation, gas, diarrhea, bloating, mucus in the stool, headache, nausea, depression & fatigue. If you are suffering from symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, and you want to get rid of them fast and naturally without any side effect, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for IBS symptoms that work. The writing is a collection of safe and effective solutions to get rid of symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For IBS Symptoms
Here are 10 natural irritable bowel syndrome remedies you are looking for:
Carrot is very rich in pectin, which can help you in preventing IBS symptoms and treating diarrhea & constipation. To apply carrot for relieving irritable bowel syndrome, here are step by step directions you can follow:
- You put some fresh carrots into a juicer
- Then you extract the juice.
- You add some drops of the lemon juice with a little of your favorite honey into this juice.
- Then you drink this juice 3 to 4 times per day till you see the improvement.
- In addition, you can blend cooked & soft carrots by using a blender and a little of water to make carrot puree.
- Then you add a little of salt
- You eat 1/2 cup of the carrot puree 5 to 6 times per day.
- Pay attention: you should avoid consuming raw carrots in case it causes stomach pain.
Yogurt contains friendly bacteria, so it is known as a famous remedy for irritable bowel syndrome related diarrhea. Friendly bacteria in yogurt provide you with a layer of the protection in your intestines. In addition, these bacteria help you in generating lactic acid in order to flush out the bacterial toxins from your body. To apply yogurt for dealing with irritable bowel syndrome, here are step by step instructions you can follow at home easily:
- You eat yogurt or you can make a smoothie with it.
- Then you need to have it several times per day till you see the improvement.
- Or, you can mix 1 cup of yogurt with ½ tsp of isabgol or psyllium husks (that is available at any drug store).
- Then you eat it 60 minutes after your main meals.
- You repeat this solution daily till there is improvement.
Flaxseed is very rich in dietary fiber that is required for the swift & comprehensive passage of all waste products. In addition, flaxseed is a great supplier of the omega-3 essential fatty acids, which are important for supporting the immune & digestive systems. Both diarrhea and constipation can be cured with flaxseed. Here are step by step directions to apply flaxseed for treating irritable bowel syndrome:
- You take 1 tbsp of the freshly ground flaxseed and water, once daily.
- Or, you add 1 tsp of flaxseed into 1 cup of the boiling water.
- Then you steep it for 5 to 10 minutes
- Then you drink it before you go to bed.
- You drink it per day to keep the stomach clean & free from gas.
- In addition, you can mix 1 tbsp of the flaxseed into a glass of water
- Then you let it rest for 2 or 3 hours.
- You drink this water daily before you go to bed to support smooth bowel movements.
There are a lot of other natural home remedies for IBS presented in this article, so keep reading it to discover more.
Peppermint is one of the best home remedies for IBS treatment. It helps you in reducing IBS symptoms such as bloating, diarrhea and cramping. In addition, peppermint oil is often used in herbal treatments for irritable bowel syndrome. Menthol oil found in peppermint has an antispasmodic property on smooth muscles of digestive tract. Menthol oil also helps you in relieving gas pain, intestinal spasms and bloating. In addition, using peppermint may help the food pass through stomach with ease. Here are step by step directions to apply peppermint or peppermint oil for treating IBS:
- You add 2 to 3 drops of the peppermint oil into 1/4 cup of the warm water.
- Then you drink this water 3 or 4 times a day.
- You continue doing this way till there is a significant improvement.
- In addition, you may add 1 tsp of the dried peppermint into a cup of the boiling water.
- Then you steep it for about 10 minutes.
- You drink this tea 2 or 3 times a day.
Pay attention: If you take this herb in excess amounts, it may cause loss of appetite, nausea, nervous system disorders and heart problems.
Applying fennel seeds is one of the fastest home remedies for IBS. This seed can help you in relieving the intestinal spasms & bloating commonly linked to IBS. In addition, fennel seed plays an important role in removing fats from your digestive system, as a result, slowing down the over production of the mucus in your intestine, which contributes to your IBS . Here are step by step directions to apply fennel seeds for treating irritable bowel syndrome:
- You add 1/2 or 1 tsp of the crushed fennel seeds into 1 cup of the boiling water.
- Then you steep it for about 10 minutes
- You strain & enjoy this herbal tea daily.
- You should do this solution 2 or 3 times per day to prevent and reduce your IBS symptoms.
- Or, you can take 1/2 tsp of the roasted dry fennel seeds powder 2 times per day with the warm water.
Ginger is known as one of popular herbal home remedies for IBS. It helps you in reducing gas & bloating, so it is recommended for curing irritable bowel syndrome. In addition, ginger may reduce the inflammation in your intestines as well as relax your intestinal muscles. Here are step by step directions to apply ginger for treating irritable bowel syndrome:
- You add ½ tsp of the freshly grated ginger into 1 cup of the hot water.
- Then you allow it to steep for about 10 minutes
- You strain out the ginger
- Then you add a little of honey into this water
- Then you drink this tea.
- You can drink the ginger tea 2 or 3 times per day to ease your cramps & abdominal pain.
- Or, you may grate some small pieces of ginger
- Then you can add 1 tsp of honey to them.
- You can eat this ginger & honey mixture before you have your lunch & dinner to avoid diarrhea and improve the digestive process.
Pay attention: people with high blood pressure cannot apply ginger remedies for treating IBS . If you want to know other natural home remedies for IBS that work, continue reading the next part of this writing.
Recommended reading: top benefits of fresh ginger juice on health you should know
Another effective remedy for people with irritable bowel syndrome who experience constipation is using the cabbage juice. Sulfur and chlorine found in the raw cabbage juice can help you deeply in cleansing the mucus membranes of your stomach & intestinal tract. In addition, the cabbage juice has the mild laxative effect that can make bowel movements easier and softer to pass and help keep your body hydrated. Here are step by step directions to apply cabbage juice for treating irritable bowel syndrome:
- You wash 1 fresh cabbage
- Then you cut it into some small pieces.
- You put these pieces through a blender or a juicer in order to make the fresh cabbage juice.
- You drink 1/2 glass of the cabbage juice at a time, 3 to 4 times per day till you see the improvements.
- You should drink the cabbage juice when you begin having constipation.
Pay attention: for some people, the cabbage juice can cause bloating & flatulence.
You can eat oat bran daily to give the body the fiber & reduce IBS symptoms. When eating oat bran, stools will be soft & get passed down easily and painlessly. In addition, oat bran has protein, calcium, antioxidants, thiamin, iron, phosphorus, magnesium, riboflavin, and zinc. Here are step by step directions to apply oat bran for treating irritable bowel syndrome:
- You add 1 tbsp of the oat bran into your breakfast cereal per day.
- In addition, you may mix 1 part of oat bran with 2 parts of water
- Then you cook it for some minutes.
- Then you eat it such as oatmeal.
- Furthermore, you can add 1 tbsp of the oat bran to a smoothie, yogurt, or a salad.
Pay attention: When you begin eating oat bran, maybe you have bloating and gas; however, these symptoms can decrease because your body can adjust to it.
Chamomile has antispasmodic property and a high amount of the tannins that can provide you with the instant relief from symptoms of IBS such as diarrhea. In addition, chamomile may reduce the inflammation in your intestines as well as alleviate abdominal spasms. Here are step by step directions to apply chamomile for treating irritable bowel syndrome:
- You put 2 to 3 tsp of the dried chamomile flowers into 1 cup of the boiling water.
- You allow it to steep for around 15 minutes.
- You strain it
- Then you add a little of lemon juice.
- You drink this chamomile tea about 3 times a day.
Ripe, fresh banana is a nutritious fruit, which can help you in relieving IBS symptoms. To treat diarrhea, you can use bananas as the soluble fiber found in bananas will help you in absorbing the liquid in your intestines. In addition, bananas have potassium that can relieve gas and bloating. To prevent IBS and keep a digestive system healthy, you just need to eat 1 or 2 ripe bananas per day.
In case you are suffering from diarrhea, you can mash 1 ripe, fresh banana and then you mix it into 1 tsp of the tamarind pulp & a pinch of salt. Next, you can eat it 2 times per day till the diarrhea condition stops.
Related articles on IBS problems:
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for IBS symptoms that work, hope that this writing helps you find out the best solution to get rid of symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome fast without any side effect. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for IBS, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Vascular Dementia Stages – 7 Stages Of This Type Of Dementia
- 30 Benefits of pumpkin seeds for skin, hair and health
- The hidden secret review – will Valerie Dawson’s guide work?
- IVF success program book review – is Diana’s book helpful?
- 9 Signs and Symptoms of Vitamin D Deficiency in Adults & Children
- 13 Tips And Ways Of Blood Blister Treatment On Hand And Foot
- How to stop teeth grinding in sleep at night: 11 easy ways
- How to get rid of cradle cap in babies, toddlers: 10 fast tips