Are you looking for natural home remedies for itchy scalp? Do you want to know how to get rid of itchiness and dryness on your scalp? Recently, VKool.com made a writing of top 10 homemade remedies for itchy scalp that are safe and effective for users. This writing is a collection of top healthy recipes for treating itchy and dry hair from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Itchy Scalp Are Revealed
1. Coconut Oil
The Coconut oil helps create a barrier, which helps you keep your skin moisturized & hence it is a great way to deal with an itchy scalp. Here are step by step directions to make a remedy for itchy scalp using coconut oil:
- You rub a little of coconut oil into your scalp after washing the hair your scalp while it is clean
- You leave it in for about 30 minutes
- Then you wash it out by using a perfume-free shampoo.
- You repeat this remedy 3 times a week
- You heat coconut oil
- You add this oil to your shampoo before you wash your hair
2. Aloe Vera
The aloe vera contains moisturizing properties that can reduce excessive dryness & itching. In case you do not have fresh aloe vera gel, you can buy the gel. Here are step by step directions to make a remedy for itchy scalp using aloe vera:
- You spread an amount of fresh aloe vera gel into your scalp by using your fingers
- You let it set on your scalp for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Then you wash your hair using a mild shampoo
3. Apple Cider Vinegar
The apple cider vinegar provides powerful anti-inflammation properties, which can help you in killing the yeast & virus, which may cause itchy scalp. In addition, apple cider vinegar helps balance the pH levels of your scalp that can help reduce itching and dryness. You can follow step by step instructions to make a remedy for itchy scalp using apple cider vinegar as below:
- You rinse your scalp and hair with the fresh water
- You let it dry
- You mix equal quantities of water and apple cider vinegar
- You pour this mixture into your spray bottle.
- You apply it directly into your scalp with a help of cotton balls
- You spray it onto your scalp
- Then after a few minutes, you shampoo with normal water
- You can make this remedy 1 or 2 times a week
4. Baking Soda
Baking soda is one of common ingredients used in effective remedies for itchy scalp. This ingredient will help people with itchy scalp relieve their itchiness naturally and quickly. Baking soda helps exfoliate the scalp & control dandruff caused by the overactive fungi, thus relieve itching. To make a remedy for itchy scalp using baking soda, you can follow step by step instructions as below:
- You mix baking soda and water to create a paste
- You apply it directly into your scalp
- You rub some drops of olive oil onto your scalp for better results before applying this baking soda paste
- You let it soak into your hair and scalp for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Then you rinse well with the water
5. Lemon Juice
The lemon juice can help you in treating your itchy & dry scalp because it contains antiseptic properties. In addition, lemon juice is often used for dealing with dandruff. To make this lemon juice remedy for your itchy scalp, you can make the following steps:
- You apply the fresh lemon juice slowly on the scalp.
- You leave it in for 5 minutes
- Then you shampoo your hair.
- In case you do not suffer from dandruff, you can dilute this lemon juice in water.
- You mix yogurt with lemon juice
- Then you apply it onto your scalp for about some minutes before washing the hair with your mild shampoo
- You repeat this remedy at least daily until you see your itchiness & dryness disappear.
6. Tea Tree Oil
The tea tree oil has powerful natural antibacterial, anti-inflammation and antifungal properties. It is often used in natural remedies for itchy scalp. To make this tea tree oil remedy for your itchy scalp, you can make the following steps:
- Add 10-20 drops of the tea tree oil into ½ cup of the baby shampoo
- Then you use it daily until you see your itchy condition improves.
- You dilute 2 or 3 drops of the tea tree oil into 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- You massage this mixture onto your scalp
- You repeat this remedy with a regular use and you will heal your dry and itchy scalp within 1 or 2 weeks.
7. Avocado & Banana
This remedy is very great for an itchy scalp. In addition, avocado and banana have nourishing & moisturizing properties, so they are often used for conditioning the hair and treating dry scalp. To make this avocado & banana remedy for your itchy scalp, you can make the following steps:
- You mash avocado & banana
- You mix 2 bananas and 1 avocado together
- You apply it into your scalp & your hair if you like
- You leave it on for about 30 minutes
- You rinse off with water thoroughly
8. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is very good for skin care. It is also used to calm & comfort an itchy scalp. To make a home natural remedy for your itchy scalp using witch hazel, you can follow step by step instructions as below:
- You mix 2 parts of distilled water with 1 part of witch hazel
- You pour this mixture onto your scalp
- You massage this mixture onto your scalp
- Then, you let it set on for about some minutes
- You wash your hair and scalp
- You rinse it out.
9. Jojoba Oil
The jojoba oil is one of great ingredients used in natural home remedies for itchy scalp. This oil is also often found in all-natural moisturizing treatments that help relieve a dry scalp. In addition, jojoba oil can be used in rejuvenating & hydrating treatments. Here are step by step instructions to apply jojoba oil to your itchy scalp:
- You massage about a little amount of jojoba oil onto your scalp
- You let it set on your scalp for a few minutes
- You rinse off with water
- You repeat this remedy once a week
10. Sesame Seed Oil
The sesame oil has highly lubricating, nourishing & healing properties that help you in healing the itchy scalp. Here are step by step instructions to apply sesame seed oil to your itchy scalp:
- You take an amount of the sesame seed oil
- Then you heat it gently.
- You apply this warm oil into your scalp
- Then you gently massage it with your fingertips for roughly 10 to 15 minutes at nighttime before going to bed.
- You make sure that you will wrap your head into a hot towel before you go to bed
- You let it set on for about 10 minutes
- Then you take your head off the towel.
- Making this process will allow the sesame seed oil to remain into your scalp for overnight. In addition, it helps you provide an essential moisturizer to the scalp.
- You will rinse off your hair & scalp thoroughly with your favorite shampoo in the next morning.
- You continue doing this remedy as long as you find necessary to be able to prevent the recurrence of itchy scalp.
To see all of our writings about hair care recipes, tips and advice from experts on hair care and natural remedies for common hair problems, go to our main Hair Care page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for itchy scalp, hope that this writing helps you find out the best remedies for treating your itchy scalp. However, it is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice. If you have any question, or you know other homemade remedies for itchy scalp, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- What Cellulite Really Is: 7 Shocking Truths About Cellulite
- Best clothes for older women – 12 tips and secrets
- How To Use Natural Bee Pollen For Weight Loss
- 5 homemade lip balm recipes for you – easy & natural
- Natural leaky gut syndrome treatment, lifestyle, & healthy diet
- 29 awesome benefits of cucumber for health and beauty
- 18 Ways on how to make hair thicker naturally and fast
- Health benefits of napping during the day