Molluscum contagiosum contains small, raised, and firm spots on the skin. Those spots do not make you painful but might cause itching and the spots are uncomfortable for the patients. MC is really a harmless disease that can be resolved in some months and it is caused by moluscum contagiosum virus, which can be expanded through sexual contact, direct contact, or touching some objects such as clothes, toys, towels, etc. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for molluscum contagiosum in adults. This writing is for informational purpose only so you should consult your doctor of go to see him if necessary.
10 Natural Home Remedies For Molluscum Contagiosum In Adults
Although molluscum contagiosum is not harmful to you, it makes uncomfortable for life and work. You should try some following remedies to get rid of the problem naturally at home:
Apple cider vinegar has antiviral & antibacterial agents and it is often used in treating various health problems including hair and skin problems. Any food that has antiviral & antibacterial properties also helps treat molluscum contagiosum.
- You can use a cotton ball and dip it into the apple cider vinegar, then apply it on the affected region.
- You should do it every day to get the better effect shortly.
Learn more: Bump Treatment Book
Being great in anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral properties, catechu is one of the best home remedies for molluscum contagiosum in adults.
- You can buy catechu paste in some shops.
- Then, you smear it over the bumps or the spots on the skin, leave it dry naturally.
- After that, you should put a fresh coating and this remedy should be applied regularly to get the best results.
Neem is an Indian tree and it has the healing property that you can use to get rid of molluscum contagiosum. This herb can be used for some skin infections and oral infections. The region why you should use neem to treat molluscum contagiosum is that the herb contains antiviral property that can prevent and kill the virus from your body. The method is:
- You boil some neem leaves with water for 5 minutes.
- Have a bath with the water every day to get rid of the contagiosum.
Coconut oil is a beneficial ingredient on skin care. This ingredient has anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties that can help you get rid of some skin disorders including molluscum contagiosum. Coconut oil can kill the virus as well as subside the bumps or spots well. You just need to rub some coconut oil on affected regions from 3-4 times each day to eliminate skin irritation, itching, and inflammation.
Tea tree oil is great in antimicrobial and antiviral properties and it is one of the most powerful home remedies for molluscum contagiosum as well as fungal conditions. Here is the way to use tea tree oil for the condition:
- To treat this problem, you can use a cotton ball and dab it into tea tree oil, then you apply it over the spots on the skin.
- You also can add tea tree oil into daily bath water.
- Do it 3-4 times daily to get rid of the bumps completely.
Garlic is a well-known herb that can be used to treat many diseases or conditions such as blood system, heart disease. People can use garlic to prevent cancer, flu, cold, and improve the immune system. You can use some garlic paste to rub on the affected region, cover it with a bandage. You should remove the bandage before having a bath and wash it carefully. You also can get some organic garlic or garlic capsule.
Elderberries are used to produce medicine and it is used to prevent H1N1, flu, sinus pain, leg pain, chronic fatigue, nerve pain, and improve the immune system. This ingredient has an antiviral agent and it can get rid of infection symptoms as well as battle infections. You can apply elderberry extract directly on the affected area or take it orally. Try to use it right away and treat viral conditions, flu, and molluscum contagiosum.
Baking soda is a natural deodorant that can use to treat poison, insect bites, ulcer pain, indigestion, heartburn, exfoliation, sunburn, gum, and toothache, etc. For molluscum contagiosum, you can mix some water with ½ cup of baking soda. Apply it on the affected area and then having a shower. Use it regularly until you get the effectiveness.
Sea salt scrub is one of the most natural home remedies for molluscum contagiosum. This ingredient can help you treat lesions. The method is
- Combine some honey, olive oil, and some sea salt.
- Massage it for some minutes before having a bath.
- Wash off with fresh water.
- Do it more often to treat the condition.
Iodine can help you reduce pain, infection, bumps, and spots. You can use some iodine on the affected area to kill the virus, you can cover a bandage to reduce bumps. This is a chemical element that can treat thyroid gland, infertility, thyroid cancer, breast, ovarian cancer, etc. Iodine is commonly used in healing skin infections like fungal conditions and you can use iodine directly on the skin or take iodine supplements before consulting the doctor.
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Remedies Index page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for molluscum contagiosum in adults, I hope that you have learned some useful solutions to get rid of the condition effectively at home. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below.
Related articles on skin problems:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to treat melasma naturally at home: 10 easy tips
- How to make a baby stop crying at night – 5 tips
- 12 natural home remedies for scabies in humans
- Top 12 Health, Skin And Hair Benefits Of Propolis
- How to get rid of a stiff neck fast at home – 16 ideas
- Top 7 Benefits Of Nuclear Power For Mankind And The Environment
- How to increase low blood pressure naturally & quickly: 11 tips
- How to get rid of dry skin & redness on face & body fast