Medically, nosebleeds are known as epitaxis, which are popular disease that affect to almost of ages. Nose is one of the most sensitive regions of your body and the bleeding might be heavy or light due to vessel disturb. Whenever getting bleeding, you might feel confusion, weakness, or dizziness and it happens because of many reasons including dry environment, allergic reactions, excessive heat, hard scratching, etc. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for nosebleeds in children. This writing is for informational purpose so you should go to see the doctor if the problem is severe.
10 Natural Home Remedies For Nosebleeds In Children
Other causes of nosebleeds are cancer, blood clotting disorders, high blood pressure, respiratory infections, hormonal changes, and so on. Here are top 10 natural home remedies for nosebleeds in children you are looking for:
You might get nosebleeds if the weather is dry. You need to have enough moist for nose and one of the best home remedies for nosebleeds is petroleum jelly, which is good in moisturizing and reducing irritation from nasal passages. Here is the way how to use petroleum jelly to cure nosebleeds:
- Place some petroleum jelly on the finger.
- Apply the jelly in the nose.
- You can do it several times per day to moisturize your nose.
Learn more: Nasal Polyps Treatment Book
Another easy way to get rid of nosebleeds is to pinch your nose. It means that you press the bleeding from nasal septum, which can reduce blood flow right after that. Let follow this instruction:
- Sit up and keep your head forward.
- Use the index finger and thumb to pinch the nose bleedings.
- Do it for 5-10 minutes for several times each day.
- Do not lie down, put the head between the legs or tilt your head.
- Avoid blowing the nose.
One of the most common and natural home remedies for nosebleeds is to use cold compress, which can stop nosebleeds shortly. Cold compress will lower the flow of the blood and will stop bleeding for some minutes.
- Now, you have some ice cubes and use a towel to wrap them in.
- Sit up and keep tilting your head back.
- Apply the cold compress on your nose bridge for 10 minutes.
- Repeat several times daily.
- Avoid applying the ice on nose.
Do you want to stop nosebleeds fast and naturally? Let try to use apple cider vinegar like this way:
- Use a cotton ball and soak it into apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the cotton ball into your nostril for 10 minutes.
- You can use white vinegar like apple cider vinegar.
- You also can combine warm water, apple cider vinegar to drink three times per day.
The same as other home remedies for nosebleeds in children, cayenne is great in treating the problem and it might adjust blood flow pressure. Cayenne might allow a faster coagulation.
- Simply, you mix a glass of warm water and a teaspoon of cayenne. Drink it every day.
- You also can get cayenne capsules for 3 times per day before getting consult from the doctor.
Onion has clotting agent and it becomes an effective remedy for nose bleeding. It is also very easy to use onion for nosebleeds:
- You cut onion into different slices.
- Put an onion slice on the nose and inhale.
- Alternatively, you can drop some onion juice in nostril for several times whenever having nose bleeding.
The reason of nosebleeds is dryness from the air. As the result, you need to moisturize your nose and salt water is so cheap and simple to do at home.
- You combine ½ glass of water with some salt.
- Place some drops of the mixture into the nose through nasal passages.
- You also can put some drops of saline nasal spray.
- Do it 2-3 times each day to get the better effect.
Obviously, salt water is extremely easy to make at home and you should try this for soothing the problem quickly.
Nettle not only treats nosebleeds but it is also used for strengthening capillaries and healing allergies. To end nosebleed, you can inhale dried nettle leaves or use some nettle juice to put in nostril to stop bleeding soon. You also can drink nettle tea 1-2 times daily to eliminate nosebleeds naturally.
Coriander is usually recommended to use for healing nosebleeds in Ayurveda. This ingredient has soothing and cooling properties that can reduce symptoms of nosebleeds effectively. You can put some coriander juice or coriander oil inside the nose to stop nose bleeding. You also can apply some coriander leaves on the forehead to cancel nosebleeds.
Another way to end nosebleeds is to use holy basil, which is an excellent remedy to soothe the problem. It is very simple; you can chew fresh holy basil leaves to calm your body. Also, you can extract holy basil juice and put some drops in the nostrils to stop bleeding from nose. Those natural home remedies for nosebleeds are really cheap and simple to do and you can apply them for children and adults.
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for nosebleeds in children, I hope that you have learned some useful ways to get rid of the problem in children as well as in adults. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question please leave them below.
Related articles on nose problem: