- Heart palpitations mean your heartbeats become noticeable and your heart is like its beating, fluttering, pounding for some minutes, even for some seconds. You can feel the sensations in neck and throat and it has an alarm when you get the problem. Several symptoms of palpitations are tightness and dizziness. In some cases, it is not dangerous and it is not a symptom that proves that your heart gets some issues. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 8 natural home remedies for palpitations, however, the writing is for informational purpose only so you need to ask your doctor before applying natural remedies or going to see him immediately if your problem is serious.
Top 8 Natural Home Remedies For Palpitations You Should Recognize
Some factors that cause heart palpitations are medical conditions, pregnancy, menopause, periods, medication, panic attacks, lifestyle triggers, etc. Here are top 8 home remedies for palpitations you should know:
Breathing deeply is one of the most effective home remedies for palpitations. This remedy might help you reduce anxiety, normalize the heart rate, and decrease panic attack.
Breathe deeply increases oxygen in the brain and help your body relax.
Try to do it:
- Sit in a comfortable place.
- Breathe slowly and deeply through the nose, expand your belly whenever you inhale.
- Slowly breathe out through the mouth.
- Do it for some minutes until the heart rate slows down.
Read more: The Book On Neuropathy Solution
Adding more fluid might lead your heart beat faster. This method will reduce dizziness, anxiety, and stress significantly. Now, try to do it.
- You can try to drink a cup of cold water to recover your heartbeat.
- You also can splash cold water on the face for limiting panic attacks and palpitations.
- Another way is to bath with cold water, which can shock the nervous system and restore the normal heartbeat.
Blackstrap molasses are simple home remedies for palpitations but they are very effective due to its rich source of magnesium, calcium, iron, and potassium. Those minerals might prevent the palpitations very well. Especially, this ingredient might treat anemia, which is a reason of heart palpitations you might ignore. Here is the way to use blackstrap molasses to get rid of palpitations:
- Mix a glass of water and a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses, stir well, and drink it.
- Alternatively, you can mix a cup of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses.
- Do the remedies once every day to get rid of the problem soon.
Magnesium is very necessary for your body and the deficiency of magnesium might cause palpitations. The mineral will keep your heart, blood circulation, and nervous system smooth. As the result, you need to add more magnesium when getting the problem.
- First of all, you can eat magnesium-rich foods such as low-fat yogurt, dark chocolate, bananas, avocados, cold-water fish, peanut butter, oatmeal, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, cashews, almonds, nuts, dark green vegetables, Swiss chard, kale, spinach, and so on.
- Also, you can take magnesium supplements before asking the doctor.
Cinnamon is also a great home remedy for heart palpitations. This ingredient has a lot of nutrients, chemicals such as potassium, manganese that are very good for heart health. It also helps you prevent bad cholesterol, decrease high blood pressure, and improve blood flow to your heart. The solution is:
- You mix a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a cup of warm water, stir and drink it.
- Another option is to mix a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a teaspoon of honey, get it immediately.
- You should do those treatments once per day within some days.
Do you feel anxious and fast heartbeats? Let try valerian, which is one of the most useful home remedies for palpitations as it can calm and restore the heartbeat normally. Moreover, this herb can promote your sleep and you can do the following treatment:
- Prepare a cup of water and add some drops of valerian and drink it immediately.
- Also, you can get valerian supplements before consulting your doctor.
- Warning: pregnant women should not apply this method.
Hawthorn is a great herb for treating heart palpitations as it can increase blood flow to the heart, improve muscle contractions, and keep your heartbeat steady. You can get the herb in supplement form before asking your doctor. Make sure that pregnant women should not use this herb to treat palpitations.
Lemon balm is also called Melissa officinalis, which is an useful herb to treat palpitations. This herb might improve circulatory system and it works as a natural relaxant. Lemon balm also has the function of reducing anxiety and normalizing the overactive thyroid. Here is the solution to treat palpitations with lemon balm:
- Mix a teaspoon of dried lemon balm with a glass of hot water, cover, steep it for 5-10 minutes, and drink it immediately.
- Alternatively, you can add lemon balm in delicious dishes or take lemon balm supplements after asking your doctor.
Related articles on heart health:
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Remedies Index page. After reading the writing of top 8 natural home remedies for palpitations, I hope that you have learned some useful treatments to get rid of the symptoms effectively at home. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below.