General speaking, “parasites” means intestinal worms living in the gastrointestinal tract, exactly on the intestinal wall, which affect your health and other body organisms. There is a wide range of intestinal worms affecting people, and the most harmful include roundworm, tapeworm, pinworm and whipworm.
Intestinal worms enter the body through different ways. For instance, they can enter your body from contaminated water or food, and transmitting agents like sexual contact, mosquitoes, even via skin and nose. Other causes include:
- Poor hygiene
- Exposure to places known to have worms or parasites,
- Eating undercooked meats
- Consuming raw vegetables and fruits
- Weakening immune system
Mostly, people in tropical regions have intestinal worms. Yet in fact, this condition can affect people in different ages from young children to adults all over the world.
Depending on certain types of parasites, a person experience different signs and symptoms such as stomach pain, dysentery, gas, diarrhea, constant feelings of hunger, bad breath, itching around the rectum, restless sleep, anemia, weight loss, weakness, frequent headaches, nausea, fever, pain in the legs or some nutritional disorders.
There are various prescription and over-the-counter medications for parasites. Besides, there are some easy natural treatments can also work to treat intestinal worms without side effects.
In this article on the site VKool, you are going to discover top 8 home remedies for parasites in the body. Check out all these remedies below!
Top 8 Home Remedies For Parasites In The Body
Coconut is a great remedy for expelling different types of parasites in the body. It works as a strong anti-parasitic property. Both the coconut oil and fruit are beneficial to treat parasites.
- Eat 1 tbsp of crushed coconut in your breakfast
- Next, after 3 hours, drink 1 glass of milk mixed with 2 tbsps of castor oil
- Repeat the process a few days
Notice that castor oil is not recommended digesting for individuals with gastrointestinal disease, especially children below 5.
In alternative way, you can:
- Eat 4 to 6 tablespoons of coconut oil a day.The oil is packed with medium-chain triglycerides, which can aid in expelling parasites from the body and boost your immune system to fight off them.
2. Raw Garlic
Next to effective home remedies for parasites in the body, consider garlic.
Garlic is a powerful anti-parasitic spice that helps deal with different types of intestinal worms. You can use raw garlic as it has the sulfur-containing amino acid that has a natural anti-parasitic agent. Moreover, the antifungal, antiseptic and antibacterial properties in garlic can help fight off microbes in the body.
- Eat 3 cloves of raw garlic on your empty stomach daily for 1 week. This is the simplest way to get rid of intestinal worms.
- In alternative way, boil 2 minced garlic cloves in 1/2 cup of milk. Let it cool and drink the mixture on your empty stomach. Repeat it once or twice a day for a week.
3. Unripe Papaya
Like garlic, papaya can help to expel intestinal worms. But remember to use unripe papaya. This fruit has been long used in Ayurvedic remedies for various ailments, including parasites. Latex from unripe papaya contains papain. This enzyme has anthelmintic agents that work to destroy intestinal worms effectively. Moreover, papaya seeds contain caricin that also aids in expelling intestinal worms.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey with 1 tbsp of raw papaya juice and 3 tbsps of hot water
- Drink the mixture in the morning on your empty stomach.
- Repeat it after 2 hours, then drink with a glass of milk mixed with 2 tbsps of castor oil
- Follow the solution for 2 to 3 days
- Notice that when applying this remedy for young children, lower the dosage
Alternatively, you can:
- Grind papaya seeds, then mix 2 tsps of the ground papaya powder with 1 cup of warm water or milk
- Drink this mixture on your empty stomach in the morning within 3 days.
In alternative way, you can also:
- Grind papaya seeds and mix 2 tsps of ground papaya with 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 cup of coconut milk
- Add chunk of papaya fruit and mix all the ingredients in a blender
- Next, mix 1 tbsp of honey
- Blend again and drink the smoothie daily on your empty stomach at least a week
Read on: The Juice Suggester
4. Pumpkin Seeds
Next to home remedies for parasites, these are pumpkin seeds. There are some scientific studies on benefits of pumpkin seeds for intestinal worms. For instance, the University of Maryland recommends that pumpkin seeds can help expel intestinal worms thanks to a compound named cucurbitacin. This compound contains anti-parasitic properties and they work to paralyze parasites in the body. In turn, this prevents intestinal worms from holding on to intestine wall and parasites will soon are expelled from your body.
- Add 2 tbsps of peeled & crushed pumpkin seeds to 3 cups of hot water. Let the solution steep for about 30 minutes. Let it cool, and drink it immediately
- Follow this remedy for a day
- But remember to drink the liquid extracted from the boiled dry prunes for cleansing your intestines before drinking boiled pumpkin seeds
Alternatively, you can:
- Mix 1 tbsp of roasted pumpkin seeds with 1 tbsp of honey. Eat the mixture on your empty stomach in the morning
- Repeat it for at least a week
- Then, you can consume laxative foods such as kiwi and banana in your breakfast
5. Carom Seeds
Carom seeds are also beneficial in treating intestinal worms. The thymol in carom seeds can inhibit the growth of parasites in your intestines. Like an Ayurvedic medicine, jaggery and carom seeds should be mixed together to expel intestinal worms.
- Eat 1 tbsp of jaggery on your empty stomach in the morning
- Wait for 20 minutes and eat ¼ – ½ tsp of crushed carom seeds with water
- Repeat it once a day for about 2 weeks for the complete treatment of parasites in your intestines
6. Pomegranate Tree
Next to the list of natural home remedies for parasites, consider pomegranate tree bark. You can make use of the bark, leaves, stems and roots of pomegranate tree to expel intestinal worms from your intestines. This remedy can work as anthelmitic and alkaloid punicine properties in the pomegranate tree are toxic to parasites, especially tapworms.
- Add pieces of pomegranate tree bark or leaves to 1 cup of water
- Next, bring them to a boil
- Lower the heat and stop boiling until a half of water evaporates
- Let the mixture cool, then drink it 3 times daily, at intervals of 2 hours
- Next, eat some purgative fruits like avocado or banana to facilitate your bowel movement
- Follow the remedy several days
Notice that when applying the remedy for young children; lower the dosage to 1/3. Consuming pomegranate fruit and drinking the juice also work the same to prevent attacks of parasites in your intestines.
7. Indian Lilac (Neem)
Indian lilac (also called neem) is a natural method for expelling different types of parasites in the body worms. It contains anti-parasitic properties, which not only kill intestinal worms, but also aid in removing toxins that the parasites leave behind when they’re dying.
- Fry 1 tbsp of dry neem flowers in 1 tsp of clarified ghee or butter
- Eat them with boiled rice 2 times a day for 4 days
In alternative way, you can:
- Drink a cup of warm water or milk mixed with 1 tsp of neem leaf powder 2 times a day for a full week
Alternatively, you can also:
- Grind Indian lilac leaves to a fine paste, then eat 1/2 tbsp of this paste with a cup of water on your empty stomach in the morning
- Follow this remedy for a week and repeat it in the 3rd week
Notice that women who are breastfeeding and pregnant are not recommended consuming neem.
Last but not least among home remedies for parasites, try carrots. This vegetable is available in most vegetable stores and supermarket so that you can use it anytime you want to expel intestinal worms.
Carrots are high in beta-carotene that can destroy eggs of parasites in your intestines. Moreover, zinc and vitamin C present in carrots can support your immune system for fighting off intestinal worms quickly.
- First, grate 2 carrots
- Consume the raw carrots on your empty stomach in the morning
- Do this daily for 1 week to expel intestinal worms easily
It is not recommended treating intestinal worms in pregnant and breastfeeding woman. Also, consider doses of these home remedies for parasites in young children and adults. For any comment about this article, feel free to send us your feedbacks. Thanks for reading!