Pneumonia is a respiratory disease which is characterized by the lung inflammation due to a fungal, viral, or bacterial infection. Our body often prevents these triggers from infecting your lungs but, at times, these triggers can overpower your immune system even if you are healthy in general.
In most cases, the problem occurs as a mild symptom, such as nasal problems and can disappear after 2 to 3 weeks. Nevertheless, it may become very severe and can even prove fatal.
Natural Home Remedies For Pneumonia In Adults – Best Natural Remedies:
When the lungs are inflamed, the damaged alveolar makes oxygen cannot go into the blood so that it will make the body, initially, the brain, lack oxygen.
Currently in the community, pneumonia is a disease with a high risks, so the knowledge to prevent and treat this disease is extremely important for everyone. Therefore, in this article, I would like to show you and my readers of Vkool some of the best natural home remedies for pneumonia that people should apply right at home.
1. Steam Inhalation:
Steaming can help to fight against many infections and improve breathing by reducing congestion and coughing.
- Use a pot to boil water and add a few drops of essential oils, like camphor oil, lemon oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, and eucalyptus oil.
- Inhale the steam from this solution. While you inhale, use a towel to cover your head so that the steam will not escape.
2. Vegetable Juice:
Fresh cucumber juice, beet juice, spinach juice, carrot juice, and other vegetable juices are extremely good for your health, especially in treating pneumonia. These can help to enhance the immunity system, aid in detoxification, and dissolve mucus. Being rich in chlorine and phosphorus, parsnip juice is also very beneficial for your bronchial system and lungs.
- You can drink 250 ml or one cup of parsnip juice daily. Use the juice of cultivated rather than wild parsnips for this purpose.
- Alternatively, combine one part beet juice, one part cucumber juice and three parts carrot juice. Drink it daily.
- Combine spinach juice and carrot juice in a ratio of 2:3 to make one-half liter of juice. Drink it daily.
In fact, this is also one of the best natural home remedies for pneumonia that people should apply right away for good.
3. Sesame Seeds:
This home remedy can help to expel phlegm because sesame seed can act as a natural expectorant.
- Boil 1 tbsp. of sesame seeds with a cup of water
- Mix the sesame water in 1 tbsp. of flaxseeds (linseed) and continue to boil it.
- Strain the combination and then add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp. of honey.
- Drink this mixture once every day.
4. Fenugreek Seeds:
Fenugreek contains mucolytic properties so that it can help to break up the congestion. Furthermore, it can induce sweating which helps to reduce fever and push toxins out of the body.
- Create an herbal tea by steeping 1 tsp. of ginger, 1 tsp. of fenugreek seeds, 1 pinch of cayenne pepper, and 1 crushed garlic clove in a cup of hot water for about 5 minutes. Strain it and add into this mixture the juice of half 1 lemon. You can also use honey to add to this mixture (just a little mount). Drink this herbal tea 3-4 times throughout the day.
- Prepare fenugreek tea by boiling 1 tsp. of fenugreek seed in about 2 cups or 500 ml of water. Strain and drink 4 cups of this tea a day. To increase the flavor, you can add a little lemon juice. Reduce the consumption of this tea when you feel better.
5. Cayenne Pepper:
Cayenne pepper contains high levels of capsaicin that can stimulate the mucous release from the respiratory passages. Therefore, it can help to eliminate the mucus from your respiratory system. Cayenne pepper is also very high in beta-carotene, which can support the healthy mucus membranes development.
- Mix a dash of cayenne pepper and some lemon juice in an 8-ounce glass of water. Drink it throughout the day.
- You can also mix carrot juice with cayenne pepper in a cup and drink daily because they are both very good for treating pneumonia.
Garlic has antimicrobial properties that fight off bacteria, viruses and fungi. It also helps bring down the body temperature and increases expectoration to clear phlegm out of the chest and lungs.
- You can rub a garlic juice or garlic paste on your chest.
- Another way to make use of garlic is marinating crushed garlic in a mixture of equal amounts of honey and fresh lemon juice. You should use 2 to 3 tsp. of this mixture 3 or 4 times a day.
- Mix a cup of milk in 4 cups of water and add ½ tsp. of crushed garlic to it. Boil this solution until it reduces to ¼ of the initial amount. Drink it 3 times throughout the day.
- If you do no like the strong smell and taste of garlic, you can drink ginger tea for the same pneumonia relieving effect.
7. Black Pepper And Holy Basil:
This is the last but not least natural remedy I would like to introduce in this article.
These 2 natural ingredients are both very good for your lungs and effective as one of the best natural home remedies for pneumonia in adults.
- Get the juice of 5 basil leaves
- Mix in 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Drink this mixture every 6 hours.
This is the list of 7 most effective natural home remedies for pneumonia in adults that readers of VKool.com and other people who are suffering from this terrible and dangerous health condition should learn and make use to live a healthy life with healthy lungs.
If you think that the natural home remedies for pneumonia that I – author Lien Nguyen of Vkool – introduced in the article above are exactly what you want to learn to deal with your current pneumonia condition, or if you want to share this list with other people you know who are also suffering from this condition, you should feel free to share this list with them and do not forget to leave your feedbacks and comments below to show me your own opinions.