Do you get up every morning with a pair of puffy eyes? If you are tired of looking sleepy, you can apply some cheap and easy ways to cure puffy eyes by using ingredients you have at home. Recently, VKool.com made a writing of top 9 natural home remedies for puffy eyes that are safe and effective to apply to your puffy eyes. This writing is a collection of eye care tips and healthy recipes for treating puffy eyes from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 9 Natural Home Remedies For Puffy Eyes
1. Cucumber Slices
Using cucumber slices is one of the most efficient home natural remedies for eye puffiness. The cucumber is a great source of flavonoids & antioxidants that can help reduce swelling, redness & irritation. In addition, cucumber has a cooling effect, which can help you constrict dilated blood vessels, as a result reducing the appearance of puffiness around the eyes. Besides, the enzymes & the astringent properties found in cucumbers will help reduce inflammation & tighten the skin. Moreover, using cucumber slices will help you get rid of your annoying wrinkles & dark circles around eyes. Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for puffy eyes using cucumber slices:
- Simply, you cut 2 cucumbers into some thick slices
- Then, you chill these slices in your refrigerator for about 10 minutes
- Next, you place the cool cucumber slices on your eyes for roughly 30 minutes.
- Then you rinse off with the cold or lukewarm water.
- You repeat this process a few times a day
- You blend 2 cucumbers, then you strain the pulp to the extract as much the liquid as possible
- You put it in your fridge for about 20 minutes
- Then, you soak two cotton swabs into the cucumber juice & you place them on your closed eyes for about 15-20 minutes.
- You rinse off with the lukewarm or cold water.
2. Whole Milk
The cold whole milk may help you in treating your eye puffiness. The whole milk contains fat, which has the smoothing effect. In addition, it is rich in the amino acids, lactic acid, proteins, and vitamins A and D, which help you reduce the puffiness under your eyes. You just need to place a wash towel saturated in the cold whole milk on your closed eyes for about 15 minutes. See more: 10 Health Benefits Of Drinking Milk For Toddles And Adults
3. Raw Potatoes
If you do not have cucumbers, you can use raw potato slices. The raw potatoes contain astringents, which remove the excess water from under your eyes, therefore prevent puffy eyes. In addition, potatoes have anti-inflammatory properties, which help reduce the under-eye bags. Besides, using potato is useful for fading the dark circles under eyes. Simply, you place some thin slices of a peeled and washed potato on your eyes for roughly 10 minutes. Alternatively, you grate a raw potato, peeled and you place it in the several layers of cheesecloth. You place the pouch on your eyes for about 10-15 minutes.
- You peel, wash & dry a potato, medium-size
- You grate the potato & you put the shavings into a clean cloth & you tie it up.
- You place this cloth on your eyelids for about several minutes.
- You repeat this process several times until you see the puffiness subsides.
4. Egg Whites
Egg white has skin-tightening properties, which may help treat your under-eye bags and help prevent the wrinkles. In addition, egg white can help in reducing inflammation & stimulating circulation to the skin that is under your eyes. To remove puffy eyes, you apply an egg white, beaten with a brush or with your fingers under your eyes. Then, you let it dry for roughly 10-15 minutes. Then, you rinse off gently with the lukewarm or cold water.
- You separate 2 yolks from 2 eggs & you put the whites into a bowl.
- You whip the egg white thoroughly until getting a stiff consistency.
- You add some drops of the witch hazel that is an astringent for tightening skin naturally.
- You use a soft cloth or a brush to apply the mixture under your eyes & allow it to dry.
- You leave it on for roughly 15 minutes.
- You do this remedy daily for some days.
5. Chilled Spoons
Chilled spoon is one of the natural remedies for puffy eyes that will help you get rid of your puffy eyes easily. Besides, cold spoons may help you tighten up your skin around the eyes and relax the blood vessels; therefore, offering a relief to your puffy & tired eyes.
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for puffy eyes using chilled spoons:
- You place two spoons into the fridge overnight
- In the morning, you put them on your eyes
- In addition, you can wrap these spoons into a piece of clean towel or clean cloth to avoid discomfort
- The chilled spoons will help you constrict your blood vessels in your skin under your eyes & reduce puffiness.
6. Drink Water
Drinking water is one of easiest remedies for puffy eyes. When your body is hydrated well, it will reduce the risk of water retention, which can cause the under-eye area & other parts of the body to swell. In addition, water can help you flush toxins out of your body.
If you want to stay well hydrated, you should drink at least eight to ten glasses of the water each day. Besides, you need to reduce an amount of the salt that you eat to be able to lower water retention in your body. In addition, you need to avoid carbonated and caffeinated beverages, which can be dehydrating. See more: 27 Health Benefits Of Drinking Water Daily In The Morning
7. Salt Water
The hot water & salt will work as a simple treatment to help in reducing swelling & puffiness under the eyes. In addition, the salt water can help you get rid of your fluid retention in the way that is similar to osmosis.
Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for puffy eyes using salt water:
- You mix 1 teaspoon of salt into a bowl that contains two quart (8 cups) of water.
- You make sure that the water isn’t too hot.
- You soak some wool eye pads or cotton balls into the warm saline water
- Then, you place them on your eyelids for about a few minutes.
- You repeat this process for about 15 to 20 minutes.
Alpha hydroxy acid found in strawberries may help you make the skin look smooth & young. In addition, it can help you reduce the under-eye puffiness & swelling. Here are step by step instructions to make a remedy for puffy eyes using strawberries:
- You chill a few strawberries into the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- You remove the tops & slice them into some thick pieces.
- You lie down & you place these slices under eyes for some minutes.
9. Aloe Vera
The vitamin E and antioxidants found in aloe vera are very effective in alleviating puffiness around your eyes. Aloe vera also helps keep wrinkles & fine lines at bay. Simply, you just need to apply aloe vera gel over the area under the eyes. This remedy will help in improving blood circulation & flushing out the fluids around your eyes, thus reducing swelling. In addition, when applying the gel, must be careful that this herb does not get into your eyes. Besides, if you do not get pure aloe vera gel, use any skin care product that contains aloe vera extract or gel.
To see all of our writings about beauty tips and tricks, beauty remedies for hair and skin and healthy recipes for beauty, go to our main Beauty page.
After reading the writing of top 9 natural home remedies for puffy eyes, hope that this writing helps you understand more about benefits of fruits and herbs in treating puffy eyes, and helps you get rid of your puffy eyes naturally and fast. However, it is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice, so make sure that you will consult with your medical practitioner before following some of 9 natural home remedies for puffy eyes presented in this article. If you have any question, or you know other remedies for puffy eyes, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- List of 13 low calorie alcoholic drinks for women
- 13 Health Benefits Of Jujube Fruit For The Body Proper Function
- The bad breath report download review – does the ebook work?
- Cure lipoma book review – is William R. Bradley’s book useful?
- 10 Natural home remedies for ear wax removal in adults
- The high blood pressure remedy report PDF review
- Latest fashion scarves: how to wear – 21 new trends revealed
- How to change your mindset about life to be successful