Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic inflammatory disorder which often leaves negative and painful effects on the lining of smaller joints, such as toes and fingers. Time pass by, it will be able to influence even the shoulders, hips, elbows, ankles, knees. Finally, it could result in joint deformity and bone erosion.
In 2007, there were about 1.5 million Americans facing rheumatoid arthritis according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Home Remedies For Rheumatoid Arthritis Pain – Best Natural Treatments:
Rheumatoid arthritis is commonly occurred in women rather than men. It is mostly diagnosed in people over 40, but even children and younger adults can have this condition.
The trigger factors may contain chronic periodontal disease, the exposure to silica mineral, environmental factors, such as smoking, and the family history.
Also being simply called RA, rheumatoid arthritis is actually an autoimmune condition in which the patients' immune system will mistakenly attack the membranes' lining (synovium – the membranes surrounding the joints). It cannot be able to determine what starts this process.
The signs of RA come and go. When the tissues in the body are inflamed, the condition will be active and lead to specific symptoms, such as fatigue, morning stiffness, swelling, and joint and muscle aches. When the tissue rheumatoid arthritis subsides, this condition will be inactive and patients will not see any symptom of it.
There is still no well-known treatment for RA. Nevertheless, medicines and also several natural remedies can help to soothe and relieve the symptoms effectively.
Today, in this article, I will introduce some of the best home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis in the body that are very useful for relieving the pain and symptoms caused by this condition fast and naturally. The home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are:
This is the first out of the most efficient home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis in the body that I want to reveal in this entire writing.
When being applied properly, massage can help to relieve the pain caused rheumatoid arthritis as it can relax your stiff muscles. Massage will help to boost your blood circulation, which is essential for alleviating the discomfort due to the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
· You just need to mix a few drops of warm olive oil with lavender oil and massage this mixture into your affected area gently with slight pressure.
· Alternatively, you should mix one cup of mustard oil with 10 grams of camphor and heat this mixture until the camphor is completely dissolved. Let this oil cool down and massage it onto your affected area gently with slight pressure.
You should do this massage therapy two to three times for a few minutes each time every day.
Evening primrose oil is one kind of plant oil which can help to relieve morning stiffness and pain effectively. This plant oil has the gamma-linolenic acid properties – an essential fatty acid which can help to relieve the intensity of numerous symptoms caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
Take 540 mg to 2.8 g of evening primrose oil in divided doses every day. Remember to consult an expert to get proper dosage because this oil may interfere with some medications.
Read more: How To Get Rid Of TMJ Pain At Home With TMJ No More – another joint and bone problem.
Epsom salt is also a great and highly effective natural remedy which can help to soothe the pain and swelling due to rheumatoid arthritis. Epsom salt is an abundant source of magnesium, so it can help to regulate the pH levels in your body effectively as well. In turn, it can help to reduce the rheumatoid arthritis, stiffness, and pain in the joints. In addition, it can help to mineralize bone well.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to a bathtub full of warm water.
- Soak in the bathtub within about half an hour.
- Apply this method up to 3 times weekly.
In fact, this is also one of the best home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis in the body that people should make use for good!
In naturopathy and Ayurvedic as well, ginger has been used for people at all ages to deal with inflammatory conditions, including rheumatoid arthritis. Ginger contains a compound named gingerol – a powerful agent with natural anti-inflammatory properties, helping to relieve swelling and pain due to rheumatoid arthritis effectively.
- You can add ginger into daily food dishes or drink two or three cups of ginger tea every day.
- Alternatively, you can chew some fresh ginger slices every day.
- Use ginger oil to rub onto your affected area. Then expose that area to sunlight for five to ten minutes to generate heat and warmth. Apply this tip on regular basis.
In brief, making use of ginger is one of the most effective home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis pain that people should never look down and should apply for good!
Thanks to its powerful anti-inflammatory properties, garlic is also advisable for dealing with rheumatoid arthritis. Garlic can help to inhibit the pro-inflammatory substances (also called “cytokines”) production, helping to relieve swelling and pain efficiently and fast.
In addition, garlic can help to promote a healthy immune system and inhibit the formation of harmful free radicals that can lead to joint damage. For people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, fresh and raw garlic is recommended rather than the processed type.
- You can take garlic capsules. For correct dosage, remember to consult experts.
- You can also eat one or two raw garlic cloves every day
Another out of the best home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis that I want to introduce in this entire article is that people should make use of apple cider vinegar – one of the top amazingly beneficial foods in the world. Apple cider vinegar is considered very useful in helping people relieve several symptoms caused by rheumatoid arthritis. Being rich in minerals, such as phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, and calcium, apple cider vinegar can help to relieve the rheumatoid arthritis pain effectively.
- You should use some apple cider vinegar to directly apply onto the affected area of your body. Then, use warm castor oil to massage your painful area. Finally, use a cotton cloth to wrap that area and use plastic to cover it. Apply this method every day before bedtime for good results as desired.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey with one tablespoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and add them to 1/2 cup of warm water. Consume this solution once every day.
To combat the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, you can also make use of turmeric. A study conducted in 2012 indicates that curcumin – the active ingredient that turmeric contains, has potential anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory properties that can work even much better than NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs).
Turmeric can help to reduce the risk of joint rheumatoid arthritis by blocking certain cytokines and enzymes causing rheumatoid arthritis.
- You can add turmeric powder into your daily meals to benefit from this natural ingredient.
- Alternatively, you can take turmeric in form of capsules by 500 – 1,000 mg three times daily. Remember to consult experts initially.
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and boil it for another 10 minutes. Allow it to cool and drink it once or twice daily.
Note: Do not consume high doses of turmeric because it can act as a blood thinner as well as leading to a stomach upset.
This is actually one of the best home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis pain that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want my readers to make use for good!
Several researchers revealed that fish oil can also help in reducing joint stiffness and pain due to rheumatoid arthritis. Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids – DHA and EPA – that have a powerful anti-inflammatory ability and can help to relieve pain as well. In addition, fish oil can help to prevent the risks of heart disease, which rheumatoid arthritis sufferers are usually at high risks.
- Add cold water fish like salmon and tuna to your daily diet
- Take up to 2.6 grams of fish oil (containing 30% DHA/EPA at least) 2 times every day.
Note: Before taking fish oil supplements, remember to consult your doctor because the supplements could interfere with some types of medications you are taking.
In fact, this is also one of the simplest yet most effective home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis pain that I would like to reveal in this entire article and would like you and my other readers to learn and apply on a regular basis until getting a noticeable relief.
Alternating hot and cold compresses is also a great way to reduce the symptoms caused by rheumatoid arthritis. While a cold compress can dull the pain and relieve rheumatoid arthritis and joint swelling, a hot compress can help to relieve pain by relaxing sore joints and muscles.
- For the cold compress, use a thin towel to wrap some ice cubes.
- For the hot compress, use a towel to wrap a hot water bag.
- Put the hot compress right onto the affected area and let it stay within just three minutes.
- Remove the hot compress and place the cold compress immediately in its place within just one minute.
- Repeat these steps for fifteen to twenty minutes 2 – 3 times every day until your pain is relieved.
You can also use each compress alone.
Note: If the affected area is irritated, hot, and red, avoid applying the hot compress. Do not apply the cold compress if you are facing any circulatory problem.
This is the last but very important out of the best home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis pain in the body those I want to reveal in the entire writing today and want my readers to learn and make use for good!
Regular exercise is among the best proven methods you should take to combat and relieve the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis. Exercise can help to relieve fatigue, increase range of motion, and strengthen muscles.
In addition, it can help to lower the risk of developing osteoporosis, as well as helping to fight against depression, which can also affect anyone dealing with rheumatoid arthritis.
Here are 3 types of exercises that are very useful:
- Endurance (aerobic and cardio) exercises should be practiced for at least half an hour, three to four times every week.
- Strengthening exercises should be practiced two to three times every week.
- Range-of-motion exercises should be practiced for at least half an hour every day.
If necessary, consult your doctor about how you can start an exercising plan and which types of exercises you should opt for and which to avoid.
Now, after introducing a collection of simple to apply yet useful home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis, what I also want to suggest my readers to do is to read another article which can reveals ways that you and other readers can make use to know how to prevent the symptoms and influences of rheumatoid arthritis from the very start. In fact, the List Of 13 Natural Home Remedies And Tips To Prevent Rheumatoid Arthritis article reveals a lot of simple natural ways to reduce the risk of rheumatoid arthritis so that people who can apply these home remedies on a regular basis will no longer need to worry about how to deal with this condition. In fact, the home remedies contained in this recommended article are very safe as they are 100% based on nature ingredients and can work well in every case. Thus, if you are worry about the risks for developing this painful joint condition and you are looking for natural ways to prevent its occurrence from the very start, do not hesitate yet just make use of these tips and techniques to be free from rheumatoid arthritis. Catch this chance and see how the stuff in this article can also work for you!
The full gathering of home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis pain that I introduced in the article published on VKool.com is totally safe and simple to apply in reality, as well as very effective for any case of rheumatoid arthritis pain. In fact, these remedies will not cause any unwanted, harmful side effect, so people should not concern about this. If you are among rheumatoid arthritis sufferers whose immune system is weak, do not let time pass without any purpose, make use of these home remedies as soon as possible!
If you think that the home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis pain that I revealed in this full article are exactly what you and other people you know who are also the rheumatoid arthritis sufferers are looking for, or if you want to share this list widely to make use together with other people you want, feel free to do this without hesitating about anything or for any reason. Moreover, as an author, I always welcome my readers’ personal thoughts and opinion, so do not forget to leave your feedbacks and comments below!
Related articles about joint problems, including rheumatoid arthritis, how to treat, and how to prevent these health issues from occurring: