The sensitive tooth is also called dentin hypersensitivity that affects to root surfaces and the tooth. This condition happens when you get gum recession or when the enamel tries to protect your teeth. Almost of people get this problem and your teeth are sensitive if you breathe in cold air, drink or eat acidic, sweet, or cold foods. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for sensitive teeth pain. However, the writing is for informational purpose only so you should go to see the doctor if the problem is serious.
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Sensitive Teeth Pain
Although sensitive teeth will be gone away, you should apply some natural treatments at home to reduce the pain. Here are 10 natural home remedies for sensitive teeth pain you are finding out:
Salt and pepper are natural home remedies for sensitive teeth you should take at home. These ingredients are so cheap and easily to find in your kitchen. Both of them have analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties that can reduce the pain on teeth dramatically. Here is the way to use pepper and salt for healing sensitive teeth:
- Mix some drops of water with the equal amount of salt and pepper.
- Apply the paste on the sensitive teeth for some minutes.
- You should do it every day within several days to reduce the pain.
Read more: Neuropathy Solution Book
Garlic is one of the best home remedies for sensitive teeth as it is commonly used to treat toothache. Garlic includes medicinal and antibiotic properties that can reduce the pain effectively. Follow this remedy:
- Combine some black salt or table salt with some garlic powder or crushed garlic clove.
- Apply the paste on affected area to relieve pain.
- Alternatively, you can chew some garlic cloves to get rid of the pain.
- You should apply this treatment every day for some days.
Cloves contain anesthetic, antioxidant, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties that can fight the infection and eliminate tooth pain very well. You should follow this instruction:
- Grind some cloves and mix it with vegetable oil or olive oil.
- Apply the mixture on the pain.
- Another way is to use a cotton ball and dab it into the clove oil, apply it on the sore teeth.
- Or you can add some drops of clove oil in a cup of water to rinse your mouth.
Onion is a perfect ingredient in your kitchen when you can use it to cure sensitive teeth. This ingredient has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that can manage your toothache. By using onion, you might relieve pain, germs, and infection.
- You can chew raw onion for some minutes every day to reduce the pain shortly.
- Alternatively, you can put raw onion on gum or sore tooth.
Asafetida might help you get rid of gums and toothaches well at home with the following ways:
- You mix some teaspoons of lemon juice with ½ teaspoon of asafetida powder. Warm the mixture and use a cotton pad to dab in the mixture, apply it on the affected region to reduce pain.
- Another option is to apply asafetida in tooth cavity to relieve pain instantly.
Another simple home remedy for sensitive teeth is salt water, which is usually used to treat toothache. In order to reduce inflammation and swelling caused by sensitive teeth as well as fight infection and bacteria in your mouth, you just need to add some salt into a cup of hot water and rinse your mouth daily.
Have you heard about guava leaves, which can treat toothache effectively? In fact, guava leaves contain antimicrobial, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties that you can believe in to heal sensitive teeth. There are some options you can choose:
- The first way is to chew some young guava leaves until you feel less pain in teeth.
- The second option is to boil several guavas leaves, cool naturally and add some salt to wash your mouth every day.
Another home remedy for sensitive teeth is vanilla extract. Like other home remedies for sensitive teeth, vanilla extract is really helpful in relieving the pain, toothache and it might calm your pain. Simply, you dab a cotton swab on vanilla extract and apply on the affected region. You should repeat this method several times daily to get relief.
Ice cubes are not only used in drinks, but they are also used to treat numb on the teeth. You might follow some treatments with ice cubes:
- Put some ice cube in a cotton cloth. Hold it on the cheek near the affected region for some minutes.
- Another way is to rub ice cubes between thumb and index finger for some minutes.
Wheatgrass juice contains antibacterial property that can relieve toothache and fight tooth decay naturally. You just use some extract of wheatgrass and wash your mouth every day to control the infection, reduce bacteria growth, and remove toxins from the gums. You also can chew wheatgrass instead of using its juice.
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Remedies Index page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for sensitive teeth pain, I hope that you have got some useful treatments to get rid of the pain effectively at home. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below.
Related articles on teeth pain:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 10 Home remedies for high uric acid levels in blood
- Health and beauty benefits of pomegranate juice that amaze you
- No red face formula review – is Celine Pheonix’s guide useful?
- 10 Common causes of excessive burping
- 4 Common circulatory system diseases
- 23 Health benefits of omega-3 fatty acid
- Top 7 common causes of car accidents
- 8 symptoms of hormone imbalance in women over 40 and 50