Sleep apnea is a very popular sleep disorder in which a person’s breathing is stopped or involuntarily interrupted while sleeping. This can last for about ten or more seconds and can happen hundreds of times per night.
Sleep apnea could be triggered by narrowed or blocked airways in the mouth, nose, or throat. It may also happen when your brain cannot transmit signals to the breathing muscles.
This disorder influences more than 18 million Americans, according to the National Sleep Foundation. Sleep apnea can influence everyone, even small kids. Nevertheless, it tends to affect men more than women, especially Hispanic and African-American males.
Other factors that can lead to increased risks of apnea are being at the age of over 60, excess smoking, tranquilizers or sedatives, nasal congestion, regular consumption of alcohol, family history, heart diseases, narrow throat, thick neck circumference, and obesity.
Natural Home Remedies For Sleep Apnea – Best Home Treatments:
Common symptoms and signs of sleep apnea are attention problems, insomnia, headaches upon waking up, dry mouth, waking up gasping for breath, episodes of breathing cessation while sleeping that is witnessed by someone else, loud snoring, excess daytime drowsiness, and poor sleep quality.
If sleep apnea is not treated on time, it can lead to a lot of serious health issues, such as depression, diabetes, stroke, heart diseases, and high blood pressure. Therefore, if you are struggling with sleep apnea, get it cured properly on time. Along with conventional cures, people can try making use of some natural remedies and healthy lifestyle changes to relieve and get rid of symptoms of sleep apnea.
Here are some quick tips and home remedies for sleep apnea you can apply right away at home to deal with this health issue:
- Quit smoking because it can make your symptoms of sleep apnea worse.
- Try to get rid of excessive weight as it will help to reduce the constriction inside your throat, as well as improving your overall health.
- Use warm coconut oil or olive oil to massage your body before going to bed so that you will be able to sleep better and sounder.
- Use a steam vaporizer or humidifier in the bedroom to keep the air passages of your body moist.
- Try acupuncture in the combination with standard cures to get rid of symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Increase your vitamin C intake as it will help you increase the communication passageways between your brain and other parts of your body.
- Take calcium and magnesium supplements as they are both considered powerful sleep boosters. Consult your doctor to know the proper dosage to take.
- Avoid sedatives and alcohol because they may prevent your brain from getting sufficient amount of oxygen to function well.
- Maintain regular sleep schedule (sleep 8 hours per day) to help you relax and sleep better.
- Avoid eating heavy meals and consuming caffeine within two hours of going to bed.
- Avoid sleeping on your back because it can make your soft palate and tongue to rest on the back of your throat, which will contribute to blocking your airway. Rather, sleep on your abdomen or side.
- Use an oral appliance, such as a CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) to deal with mild to moderate levels of this condition.
- Drink half a cup of Indian gooseberry juice before your bedtime.
- Cure nasal congestion with over-the-counter decongestants, saline drops, neti pots, and nasal sprays.
- Inhale steam deeply through your nose within about ten minutes before your bedtime so that you will be able to avoid congestion.
Today, in this entire article, I would like to introduce some of the best home remedies for sleep apnea that are proven work well and will not lead to any side effects. I hope that these remedies will help readers deal with and beat off the sleep apnea issue fast and effectively. The home remedies are:
This is actually the first one of the most effective natural home remedies for sleep apnea that I want to reveal in this article and want my readers to learn and remember to make use every day.
Doing throat exercises on a regular basis can help in easing the symptoms of sleep apnea. These exercises will help to enhance the muscles to prevent narrowed or blocked airways in your mouth, nose, or throat. They can also aid in promoting sound sleep at night and reducing snoring as well.
- Playing the Didgeridoo within about 25 minutes for six days on a weekly basis can help you reduce some symptoms of moderate sleep apnea.
- Use deep breaths to blow a balloon without taking it out of your mouth for as long as you can. Do this five times per day. While practicing this exercise, you will need to ensure that you will exhale through your mouth and inhale through your nose. This will help to promote proper airflow through your nose while sleeping.
Do not forget to consult your doctor to learn about other throat exercises.
Another one on the list of the best and most effective home remedies for sleep apnea that I would like to reveal in this article is that you should make use of almond.
Being abundant in magnesium, almond can help in promoting muscle relaxation and sound sleep at night. They can also help to regulate the internal clock of your body as well. There are 2 ways people can try with the support of almonds to deal with and beat off the sleep apnea issue.
- First, you just need to eat toast with almond butter and one glass of water at least one hour before going to bed at night.
- Alternatively, you just need to consume a handful of soaked or dry roasted almonds on a daily basis.
Naturopathic practitioners recommend people to take a bath with Epsom salt any time before they go to bed at night to get a sound sleep. Epsom salt contains magnesium so that it can help to relax sore muscles and create a well-being feeling. This can help you enjoy better sleep. Moreover, Epsom salt can help to reduce inflammation in the body effectively. Here are some simple steps people will need to follow if they want to make use of this method to deal with the sleep apnea issue.
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to warm water in a bath and stir it well.
- Soak your body in this bath within about twenty minutes one hour at least before going to bed.
- Apply this tip two or three times per week.
In fact, bathing with Epsom salt is on top of the best home remedies for sleep apnea that people should not look down but make use as soon as and as regular as possible for good!
The combination of turmeric and milk can help to deal with and beat off the symptoms of sleep apnea. Turmeric contains powerful anti-inflammatory property that can help to reduce inflammation in your respiratory system, helping you breathe freely while sleeping. Milk has the amino acid tryptophan that can help to promote sound and proper sleep. Here are some simple steps people will need to follow if they want to make use of these natural ingredients to deal with the sleep apnea issue.
- Add one tsp. of powdered turmeric to one cup of milk.
- Boil the milk and let it stay for about 2 – 3 minutes on low fire.
- Remove the turmeric milk from heat and add some honey if you like for more taste.
- Consume this solution 30 minutes before you go to sleep at night on a daily basis.
This is also one of the best home remedies for sleep apnea that I would like to reveal in the article today and want my readers to learn and remember to make use for good!
Peppermint is a great herbal remedy that can help effectively to relieve airway blockages. The powerful anti-inflammatory properties contained in peppermint can help to relieve inflammation, which in turn can help to promote smooth and easy breathing. Peppermint can also work well to help people prevent snoring as well.
There are also 2 ways you can try to deal with the problem with the support of cloves:
- First, you just need to drink 2 – 3 cups of peppermint tea on a daily basis. To make peppermint tea, you will need to add one tbsp. of peppermint leaf (crushed) to one cup of hot water. Cover the tea and allow it to steep within about ten minutes. Strain the tea and add some honey for more taste. Consume this tea while it is still warm.
- Alternatively, you can add 2 – 3 drops of peppermint oil to one glass of water and then use it to gargle. Apply this tip on every day before going to bed.
In fact, this is one of the best and easiest natural home remedies for sleep apnea that I want to release in this article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use as soon as possible for good!
Garlic is another wonderful natural therapy that can help to deal with and beat off the symptoms of sleep apnea. It contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties that can help to reduce inflammation in your respiratory system, in turn helping you breathe easier while sleeping. It can also help to prevent snoring and reduce enlarged tonsils as well. You just need to follow these 2 simple steps to make use of this natural ingredient for reducing sleep apnea at home:
- First, you just need to add garlic to your daily cooking or make use of garlic in supplement form. Remember to consult your doctor before taking the garlic supplements at home.
- Alternatively, you can consume two or three cloves of garlic followed by one glass of water on an empty stomach. Apply this method every day until your symptoms of sleep apnea and inflammation subside.
Actually, this is one of the most effective and best home remedies for sleep apnea that I want to reveal in this entire article and people who are looking for sleep apnea home treatments should learn and make use for good!
Lavender is also a well-known home treatment that can help people deal with and beat off symptoms of sleep apnea. The relaxing, sedative, and soothing nature of this wonderful ingredient can help to prevent muscle obstruction inside your throat, which can help you get higher sleep quality. There are 3 ways you can make use if you want to try dealing with the condition with the support of lavender:
- First, you just need to add 2 tsps. of lavender buds (dried) to one cup of hot water to make a tea. Cover the tea and allow it to steep within about five to ten minutes. Strain the tea and add a little honey for more taste. Consume this tea two or three times per day.
- Alternatively, you can try putting about 2 – 3 drops of lavender essential oil on a tissue and use it to tuck under your pillow, or simply add about 3 – 5 drops of this oil into the diffuser before bedtime.
- Another option is to add some drops of lavender essential oil to one tub of hot water and inhale the steam before going to bed at night.
In fact, this is one of the best home remedies for sleep apnea that I would like to introduce in the entire article today and people should never look down but try making use as soon as and as regular as possible to get rid of symptoms of the sleep apnea issue.
According to Ayurveda, cinnamon contains sedative properties so that it can aid in promoting better sleep and treating problems related to breathing associated with sleep apnea. There are 3 simple ways you can try with the support of cinnamon to deal with symptoms of sleep apnea at home:
- First, you just need to prepare a paste of water and cinnamon powder, and then use it to apply right onto your chest and forehand. Allow it to stay for about 5 minutes, and then use clean water to rinse it off. Use as necessary to open blocked passages.
- One more option is to mix one or two teaspoons of cinnamon powder in one cup of hot water and drink the solution once on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you can try adding 1 medium-size cinnamon stick and 1 tbsp. of grated ginger to a cup of hot water. Boil it for about 5 minutes, strain it and add a little honey for more taste. Consume this combination before going to bed on a daily basis.
Note: It is necessary for people who are taking other medications to consult a doctor before making use of cinnamon.
In fact, this is also among the best home remedies for sleep apnea people should try making use for good!
Another useful herbal remedy for sleep apnea is chamomile. This herb has chemical compounds that could promote sleepiness, cause sedation, and relax nerves and muscles. In addition, it provides powerful anti-inflammatory effects that help effectively in getting rid of the airway obstruction – one of the leading causes of snoring. There are two simple ways people should try to deal with symptoms of sleep apnea with the support of chamomile:
- First, you just need to prepare a massage oil with 2 parts olive oil and 1 part chamomile oil. Use this oil to massage your neck a few times every day to achieve the best results as fast as desired.
- Alternatively, you can try adding 2 tsps. of dried chamomile to one cup of hot water. Cover it and allow it to stay for about five minutes. Strain the tea and add some honey for more taste with a pinch of powdered cinnamon. Consume this tea one hour before going to bed every day.
This is the last but certainly not the least natural home remedies for sleep apnea that I want to reveal in this entire article.
Honey is actually very effective in dealing with and beating off the symptoms of sleep apnea. It contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties so that it can aid in reducing swelling around the throat area that can lead to the airway obstruction. In addition, it can lubricate your throat to prevent snoring, one of the most common and hateful symptoms of this sleep issue.
Honey can also help effectively in promoting relaxation and good sleep at night. In addition, it can help to prevent the risks of developing obesity and maintain healthy body weight. Losing weight is a necessary and very crucial step for healing process of sleep apnea. There are also 3 simple ways that are very easy to apply at home with the support of honey you can try to deal with the sleep apnea issue:
- To lose weight, you should consume one glass of warm water with the juice of half a lemon and 1 tablespoon of honey every day in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Alternatively, you can try mixing 1 teaspoon each of black pepper powder and honey in one glass of warm water. Consume this mixture slowly before your bedtime to reduce the symptoms of sleep apnea.
- One more option for you is to add one tbsp. of raw honey to one glass of warm water and consume this solution on a daily basis before your bedtime.
Apart from the list of the best home remedies for sleep apnea, there are also many tricks and tips that will help you get good sleep revealed in other articles on Vkool.com. Actually, I want to recommend you to spend time reading another article that will give you some other solutions for the sleep apnea problem – the Top 6 Best Tips On How To Treat Sleep Apnea article. This is a revolutionary article that reveals some of the best home treatments useful for those who are dealing with the sleep apnea issue within a very short period of time without needing to use any type of drugs, pills, or medical interventions. The tricks, tips, and natural home remedies revealed in this article are actually very simple to apply at the comfort of your own home as well and safe for you no matter what your age is. These remedies will be effective and safe for people of all cases of the disease so people should not concern about this! In fact, after following the instruction exactly step by step, you will receive desired results without facing any harmful side effect because all of these remedies are 100% based on nature.
The article today covers 10 best home remedies for sleep apnea that help you reduce the symptoms of sleep apnea and improve sleep quality with ease at home. The article comes with the purpose of giving people suffering from this issue useful knowledge and information but do not encourage anyone to make use of medical interventions to deal with their own problem at all costs. Thus, in fact, this article just reveals some natural treatment tips and tricks that are harmless for the brain health in particular and the overall health in general. If you feel that these natural home remedies for sleep apnea are useful not only for your current condition but also for other people you know who are struggling with sleep apnea, do not hesitate to share this article widely to make use together with anyone you want. If you have any question, feel free to leave your feedbacks and comments in the comment section below this article on the site Vkool.com, and I promise that I will respond them as soon as possible.
Related article about the best home remedies for sleep apnea, how to get improved sleep quality, and how to fight against sleep-related issues: