Sore eyes are one of the most popular eye conditions that can affect one or both of your yes. Sore eyes can be caused by a lot of things and you might get sore eyes whenever you feel redness in eyes, discomfort, burning, pain, soreness, runny nose, sore throat, etc. In order to help you understand and get more natural solutions for sore eyes, today Vkool.com will show you top 19 natural home remedies for sore eyes in children and babies. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctors if the problem get worse.
Here are the top 19 Natural Home Remedies For Sore Eyes In Children And Babies
Sore eyes can be resulted from many things including using computer too much, reading book in a long time, or using incorrect eyeglass. Also, blepharitis, pink eye, dry eyes, cold, sun expose, inflammation, contact lens, chemicals, and so on can cause sore eyes, especially in babies and children. Here are top 19 home remedies for sore eyes that you can apply for your babies and children. They include:
2. Cold Milk
6. Cold Spoons
1o. Cold Water
11. Frozen Foods
13. Aloe Vera
14. Castor Oil
15. Rose Water
16. Cold Bread
18. Tea Bags
Now keep reading the writing and learn these useful remedies
Sore eyes are the regular condition caused by many internal and external factors and directly effect on the Eye Health. One of the home remedies for sore eyes in children and babies is green tea. You may know many health benefits of this tea but not know its functioning in relieving the sore eyes due to its anti-inflammatory content. Here is the way to use green tea for your itchy eyes:
- Add 2 green tea bags to a cup of distilled water the let them steep and cool off
- Use this solution to flush your sore eyes twice daily until your symptoms disappear.
Not only be milk a common beverage but it is also an outside home remedy for sore eyes. You can use the cold milk as the below directions for your condition:
- Use a cotton ball to dab in the cold milk then rub around your sore eyes
- Alternatively, soak a cotton ball the cold in milk and place it on your sore eyes as a compress to get a cooling result
- Apply one way twice a day, in the morning and in the evening.
Chamomile is a versatile herbal that is used in many health and beauty recipes. We continue introducing a type of eyewash with chamomile:
- Steep a teaspoon dried chamomile flowers in 1 cup of hot water for 5 minutes
- Strain the tea and leave it cool off and wash your sore eyes with this solution
- Alternatively, make other eyewash by stirring 12 drops of chamomile tincture in a cup of hot water, leave cool off, and use as usual.
Both of water and salt are beneficial in curing sore and painful eyes. They have been used as home remedies for sore eyes for a long time. The combination of salt and water creates the effective eyewash, particularly for inflamed and irritated eyes by flushing the debris away from the eyes. In addition, salt is also an antibacterial agent that helps kill bad bacteria. Below is the direction of using water and salt as one of your home remedies for sore eyes:
- Stir a teaspoon salt in a cup of water then continue boiling until the salt completely dissolves.
- Let the solution cool off then use it to wash your sore eyes
- Use this remedy several times daily for at least 2 days.
If the above solutions are recommended to apply to the sore eyes, vegetable juice is taken in as an inside remedy. The juices of raw vegetables, especially spinach and carrots, are very helpful in treating the sore eyes. You can consume them separately or mix them together to get a more tasteful drink.
You should drink 2 glasses of vegetable juice twice a day for an itching relief. But remember to consult your doctor or try other remedies if they are not effective for your condition.
Cold spoons are usually used to relieve the sore eyes in a short term. With this remedy, you just use metal spoons as a cooling compress after making them chilled with ices. These cool metal spoons can constrict the blood vessels thereby reducing puffiness and redness in the eye area.
- Place 4 metal spoons in a fridge or glass of ice water until they are chilled
- Put 2 spoons on your each sore eye and keep them until they become warm
- Remove them out and take place of the 2 left spoons while chilling the warm ones in the glass of ice water
- Apply this remedy until the swelling subsides.
Similar to cucumber, potatoes are considered as the home remedies for sore eyes in children and babies. Potato slices can be used to rub on the eyes to relieve the symptoms. With the astringent properties, potatoes can quickly relieve the itchy eyes as well as inflammation and redness.
- Peel and cut a potato into slices then store them in the fridge for 10 to 15 minutes
- Place these chilled slices on your sore eyes for 15 minutes
- Do this remedy each night before going to bed for at least 2 days.
According to the studies before, fenugreek is able to relieve the sore eyes when used as an eye paste. Thus, it is also considered as one of the home remedies for sore eyes. Now is the direction:
- Put fenugreek seeds into the water for 7 to 8 hours then grind them well to get a smooth paste.
- Spread the paste on your eyes for 20 minutes before washing them with cold water
- Apply this remedy twice a day.
In fact, honey is very rich in anti-bacterial properties, which contributes to soothing and treating conjunctivitis when combined with warm water for eyewash. These anti-bacterial properties and relieving effects of warm milk make the combination give good effects immediately. Now is the way to make this eyewash with warm water and honey:
- Mix equal parts of warm milk and honey then stir until the honey becomes smooth.
- Drop 2 to 3 drops of the solution by an eyedropper into your eyes 3 times daily.
- Alternatively, apply the mixture as a compress to your sore eyes.
One of the most natural home remedies for sore eyes in children and babies is to use cold water. Simply, you wash your eyes with cold water, if it is not helpful enough, you can use some ice cubes, wrap in clean towel, place it on your affected eyes. Also, you can use ice packs instead of using ice cubes, to reduce soreness and discomfort effectively in your eyes.
While cold and ice cubes are useful ingredients at home, I suggest you use some frozen foods instead to kill pain and reduce inflammation from sore eyes. You can store some foods in refrigerator and take it to put on your affected eyes through a small cloth within 10 minutes. This simple treatment will soothe the effect and will speed up your healing process.
Cucumber is cool and it affects your eyes very well when they get soreness. Cucumber also helps your eye skin fresh and more active. This ingredient is also good for soothing eye affect and it is commonly used in beauty tips. The best way to use cucumber in treating sore eyes is to soak cucumber pieces into cold water for 10 minutes, put them on the eyelids for 10 minutes and remove them. Do it every day and you will feel relaxed.
Aloe vera has healing property and it can reduce itchiness from your eyes. Actually, aloe vera has many advantages and you can extract aloe vera leaves and take its juice, freeze in refrigerator, add some cold water and blend it. Now you dip a cotton ball in the mixture and apply it in the eyelids. Now, feel relax with aloe vera remedy for sore eyes.
Like other home remedies for sore eyes, castor oil is a great ingredient to heal this problem. Simply, you buy some castor oil and some eye dropper, suck the dropper into castor oil and apply 1-2 drops to both your eyes. This method can soothe your eyes and reduce irritated eyes. You can do this method several times per day to get the best result.
Rose water is an ingredient for your beauty and it can reduce your sore eyes effectually. How to use rose water to cure sore eyes? Simply, you use a clean cotton wad, dip in rose water and apply gently on your eyelids. This method will help you cool sensation and reduce swelling well. In addition, people use rose water to make your skin more beautiful and cleanse skin well.
Bread is useful ingredient for your health. Cold bread is not a well-known remedy for sore eyes or in other diseases, however, it works for you in this case. You need to get some pieces of cold bread, put them on the affected eyes to eliminate itchiness, irritation, and inflammation in your eyes.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most useful home remedies for sore eyes, you can use a cotton ball and soak it into the mixture of apple cider vinegar, water, apply it onto your eyes to reduce pain from your eyes instantly. Apple cider vinegar includes maleic acid, which can fight bacteria from your affected eyes.
Learn more: Effective Uses For Apple Cider Vinegar
Drinking tea is a good way to improve your health. It can be used to prevent cancer, lose weight, and use to make you more beautiful. Tea includes bio-flavonoids, which can fight infections and bacteria effectively. After drinking tea, you can get some green or back tea bags and put them onto your eyes for several minutes. You can moisten tea bags if your eyes are swollen. This ingredient will decrease itchiness due to its tannic acid. You can use tea water to wash your eyes.
Honey is so safe and people usually use honey in healing cough, sore throat. If you are getting sore eyes, you can take advantage of honey mixed with some warm milk. Now you combine warm milk and honey and drop the mixture into your eyes. You can repeat this solution several times each day to relieve pain from sore eyes. You also can use honey to make healthy recipes.
Related articles on sore eyes:
If you want to get more useful and home remedies for many diseases, you might visit our main Home Remedies page.
After reading 10 natural home remedies for sore eyes in children and babies, I hope that you have got some useful information to make your lovely children comfortable. This article is for informational purpose only, so you should go to see the doctor immediately if you cannot get better effect from those home remedies. If you have any question, please leave your comments below and I will respond to you soon.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 31 home remedies for pink eye in toddlers and adults
- 43 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Plaque In Arteries & Veins Naturally
- Top benefits of mineral oil on skin & its side effects
- How to prevent canker sores in mouth naturally – 9 tips
- 7 Tips on how to stop skin picking habit on fingers
- How to treat blepharitis naturally at home – 8 tips
- 16 natural home remedies for eye infections in humans
- Top 12 Natural Benefits Of Rhodiola Rosea For Health