Spider bites or insect bites can cause itching, pain, redness, and inflammation. Depending on each type of spider, you will get different spider bites. However, toxic spider bites can cause necrotic sore, fever, lightheadedness, and swelling. In this article, VKool.com will show you 21 home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face. The writing is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 21 Home Remedies For Spider Bites On legs, Arm, And Face
Actually, if you know that your spider bites are caused by brown recluse spider bites, you should go to see doctor immediately because it can cause illness and high fever and that is toxic spider. However, for some light spider bites, you can apply natural treatments at home. Here are top 21 home remedies for spider bites for your try:
14. Use Dried Basil
16. Baking Soda
Now keep reading the writing and find out what natural solutions for the bites.
When you have a spider bite, it is very important for you to rinse the wound with a mild soap and clean water. Then, you ought to apply an ice pack to the affected area. In fact, the cold temperature is very effective in numbing the nerve endings, soothing the itching sensation, and relieving the swelling and inflammation. Therefore, when it comes to home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face, you should not forget using an ice pack.
- Simply, take a few ice cubes and then wrap them in a thin towel. Next, apply it to the affected area and wait for 10 minutes. You should repeat this method when needed during the first 24 hours.
- Or, you can also place the affected area under the cool running water for several minutes.
Note: Avoid putting these ice cubes directly on your skin.
Another of home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face is onions. Although doctors are not sure how this works, the enzymes present in onions has an ability to break down the inflammatory compounds.
- You can cut an onion into slices and then rub these onion slices on the spider bites. Next, leave them on there for a few minutes. Finally, take them out and rinse the affected areas with clean water.
Seeking for home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face, you can give the aspirin a try! It can help you to reduce the minor soreness and symptoms of a spider bite. It can be also useful in neutralizing the venom to speed up your healing process. In addition, the strong anti-inflammatory properties found in aspirin can aid in controlling the swelling and inflammation very effectively.
However, aspirin is suggested for only external use, not for the internal aim.
- Firstly, soak 1 to 2 tablets of aspirin in a little clean water and then crush them finely to create a paste.
- Then, apply this paste to your affected area.
- Now, leave it on this area for a few hours.
- Finally, wash this paste thoroughly with tepid water.
- You should repeat this way for 1 or 2 more times during the day if needed.
Hydrogen peroxide is comprised of excellent antibacterial properties. Therefore, it is commonly used to get rid of insect bites, including spider bites. It is very helpful in reducing the swelling and eliminating the poison from your affected area. In addition, hydrogen peroxide acts as a great bleaching agent for your skin.
Although there are a lot of different home remedies for spider bites, it is considered one of the best choices. Being a popular ingredient, you can easily find it in many medicines, toothpaste, and mouthwash
Simply, you just need to wash your affected area with the hydrogen peroxide solution.
Turmeric contains antiseptic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory effects that make it one of the best home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face. It can help you to stimulate your recovery by relieving pain, inflammation, and swelling caused by a spider bite.
In addition, this spice also works as a great natural painkiller.
- Firstly, take 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder and a little olive oil in a bowl and then mix them together to create a paste. Next, apply this paste to your spider bite. Now, allow it to stand on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Finally, rinsing the paste off with tepid water.
- Another option, add 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder, 1 handful of clearly washed Neem (Indian lilac) leaves, and a little clean water to a blender and blend them well to form a thick paste. Next, apply the paste to the affected area. Finally, rinsing it off completely with warm water after leaving it on for about 20 minutes.
You should repeat either of these home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face using turmeric powder for a few times.
Both lemon and garlic are comprised of antibiotics, which is very effective in killing bacteria in a spider bite. It will also help you to speed up your recovery from spider bites very quickly.
- Firstly, peel off the skin of a raw clove of garlic. Then, crush the peeled garlic clove finely and mix it with lemon juice. Next, apply this mixture to your affected area and leave it on the area for half an hour. Finally, rinse off the mixture with cold water.
- Another option, you can also place the crushed garlic with the garlic juice in this recipe.
You should use this mixture every day, but sometimes it can cause irritations on the skin.
Lemon is not only known as a natural astringent but it also helps to dry out the skin rashes caused by a spider bite quickly and prevent infections.
- Firstly, take a fresh lemon and then extract its juice. Next, apply this juice to the affected area with the help of a cotton ball. Now, let it dry naturally and then wash it off with tepid water.
- Another option, you can also take half a lemon and then rub it on the affected area for about 2 to 3 minutes. Next, wait for another 5 minutes before washing it off thoroughly.
You should follow either of these home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face with lemon juice for a few times per day.
Apple cider vinegar consists of antibacterial & anti-inflammatory effects that make it one of other home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face. This vinegar also aids in managing the pH level of your body that can kill the bacteria and reduce pain.
- Simply, take 1 glass of warm water and then add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to it. Next, stir them together and take it daily.
- Another option, you can make a toner with this vinegar. You just need to mix the apple cider vinegar with clean water and then spray it on the affected areas every night before you go to bed.
In fact, the aloe vera gel is also effective in treating spider bites. This gel contains natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, & soothing effects that can aid in reducing pain, swelling, and itchiness. In addition, it can even help in promoting the healing process by moisturizing the affected areas.
- Firstly, rinse an aloe vera leaf thoroughly.
- Then, break it to extract its gel.
- Now, apply this gel to the affected areas.
- You should reapply this gel for a few times per day for several days.
Note: You may add the remaining gel to a glass jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Peppermint leaves can help to give you a soothing effect on a spider bite. Peppermint also contains menthol that gives it natural analgesic properties. In addition, it works as a great anti-inflammatory agent. This will assist you in reducing the inflammation, swelling caused due to bacteria and relieving pain. It is even useful in soothing and calming the itchiness caused by a spider bite.
- Simply, extract the juice from the fresh peppermint leaves. Then, rub this juice on the affected area and leave it on for at least 20 minutes. Finally, rinse off the juice with cool water. You should follow this method for 2 or 3 times per day, if needed.
- Another option, take one to two drops of peppermint oil and then apply it directly to your affected area. You may use this way for 2 or 3 times per day.
Note: Remember to do a small test before using peppermint oil directly on your skin.
Learn more: 43 Health Benefits Of Peppermint Oil Supplements
The first thing you have to do when getting spider bites is to recognize spider type. As shown above, brown recluse spiders are very harmful and you need to see medical professionals immediately. This method is also applied for mosquito bites or insect bites If you feel the symptoms of anti-venom, sweat, facial twitches increase after getting the bites, medication is necessary for you. Toxic spider can cause harmful conditions like autoimmune disease.
Learn more: The Autoimmunity Bible And Norton Protocol book
When getting spider bite, you should cleanse it immediately. You can use soap, alcohol, and water and cleanse the wound. It will help you reduce risk of infection caused by bites. The best way is to prepare all the things to cleanse wound at home because you don’t know when you need to use them.
Read more: Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites On Toddlers
One of the necessary home remedies for spider bites is to calm your itch and irritation. Spider bites can cause swelling irritation, pain, and itching and you can ease those symptoms at home by applying ice, wet compresses, or cold compresses to ease irritation, swelling, and pain. Ice pack is a good idea in this case because it can reduce swelling and redness.
Basil herb is one of the most popular herbal plants in the world and it is very perfect herbs in cooking recipes. Basil has anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory properties. This herb is also good for your heart health and you might not know that dried basil is effective treatment in list of home remedies for spider bites. Dried basil leaves can reduce itch of spider bites so you can crush those leaves and rub it into irritated skin areas. You will feel more comfortable after applying this method.
Recommended reading: 11 Home Remedies For Flies In House And Outside
Cabbage is a healthy food for us. Plus, cabbage is super remedy for treating spider bite. You can get some pieces of raw cabbage and rub on bandage, leave it through the night, and remove it in the next morning. This method will heal the infection and remove toxins effectually. Well, that is really good news because cabbage is a healthy vegetable for health and it can help you treat some pain from spider bites, as well.
Baking soda is not only used in beautifying skin, but it is good in healing spider bites and you should put it into common home remedies for spider bites. This ingredient can be applied into face, arm, or legs. You can mix baking soda with some water as a paste, apply it into the affected skin, you will feel change after several days to apply it. Also, you can mix baking soda with butter to rub on pain and itchy areas.
Olive oil and turmeric are helpful ingredients in helping your skin and hair more beautiful. Many people do not know that these ingredients are very useful in treating spider bites. You can combine turmeric powder and olive oil as a thick paste and apply in the affected area; this method will reduce swelling and redness caused by spider bite.
Salt is common spicy in your daily diets, it is added into almost of recipes and it is really healthy and necessary for your health. Additionally, salt is useful in helping you cure spider bites. Firstly you moisten the bandage and sprinkle salt on it, then apply it into the affected bite. This will help you reduce pain effectively and I believe that salt is available in your house, right?
Eliminating and neutralizing spider bite after getting it is the first goal of healing this problem. Like salt, you can use garlic in many healthy recipes as well as add it into home remedies for spider bites. After getting the bites, you can apply thin garlic spices on the affected area and secure it with a bandage, leave it overnight and your pain will be reduced shortly.
Learn more: Health Benefits Of Garlic To The Human Body
Potatoes are useful for spider bites you should take benefit. This remedy will help you cleanse the wound very well. Simply, cut potato as different slices, then use medical tape such as duct tape or scotch tape to secure potato when you apply it into the wound. You can repeat this solution every 12 hours to get the best results. You might feel a little pain when removing potato slices from the wound, so you should do it gently.
Another helpful treatment for spider bites is activated charcoal, which can remove toxic substances from your body as well as draw out it effectively. Moreover, charcoal can help reduce tenderness as well as inflammation successfully. Almost of spiders cause minimal harm, other can cause danger to your skin and the body. So you can try those remedies at home first. If you feel difficulty breathing, nausea, lesions, feeling faint, muscles spasms, etc, you should go to see medical specialists immediately.
- Keep an eye on your spider bite for a few days to check on your recovery from the symptoms of this problem.
- Try to remember the type or look of the spider that gives you a bite. This will be also helpful for your treatment plan.
- You should be very careful when you want to clean out your sheds, garages, attics, basements, and crawl spaces.
- Always put on a hat, a long-sleeve shirt & pants, gloves, and boots when you handle the stored boxes or firewood to prevent spider bites.
- Check and shake out your gardening tools that you do not use for some time.
- Use tight-fitting screens on doors and windows to avoid spiders from entering your house.
- Get rid of piles of rocks from the garden area.
- Remove the old boxes, clothes, and other unwanted things from the storage areas.
To get more information about effective homemade remedies for health problems, you can visit our main Home Remedies page. After reading my writing about top 21 best home remedies for spider bites, I hope that you have learned the most useful information how to treat spider bites effectively at home. Those treatments are safe and you can apply them onto face, legs, arms, and even other parts of your body. If you have any question, you can give your comments below and I will respond to you soon. Or in case you know other healthy and natural home remedies for spider bites on legs, arm, and face, please leave them at here.