Stomach flu also called viral gastroenteritis that is caused by bacteria (found in the foods and may be spread from a person to the others), virus (found in definite places with the virus such as adenovirus, rotavirus, caliciviruses, norovirus, and astrovirus, may be spread from a person to another), parasites (found in intestine of infected people or animals and may be spread from taking polluted water), and chemical toxins (contained in seafood and can be spread easily and fast through contaminated water or food).
People with stomach flu often experience the common symptoms such as vomiting, abdominal cramps, fever, nausea, sore muscles, diarrhea (non-bloody), and headache. There is no treatment for this problem, however, in this writing, VKool.com will introduce to you the best natural home remedies for stomach flu symptoms without any side effect from reliable sources, which will help you to ease your discomfort till the symptoms pass away. However, it is only for the informational target and it is not aimed to give medical advice. Continue reading this writing to understand more!
Top 10 Best Natural Home Remedies For Stomach Flu Symptoms
1. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is an effective anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, and a smooth muscle relaxer. In addition, it also contains mild carminative and sedative, which will help to keep your intestinal system to function properly. Therefore, this is one of the first natural home remedies for stomach flu that you should try.
- Dried chamomile tea – 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Firstly, you add the dried chamomile tea into a cup.
- Then, you pour the boiling water over this tea.
- Now, you stir them well and allow it to steep for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- After that, you strain the tea and have this tea.
- You should consume this tea regularly for about 1 or 2 times per day.
2. Ginger Tea
Ginger contains natural anti-inflammatory properties that can help for better digestion as well as for diarrhea and nausea. Hence, if you are finding natural home remedies for stomach flu, you should not skip the following remedy.
- A fresh ginger slice
- Or dried ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Firstly, you add this fresh ginger slice or the dried ginger powder into a cup.
- Then, you pour the boiling water into this cup.
- Next, you stir them and let it steep for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- After that, you strain this tea if you used fresh ginger root.
- Finally, you drink this tea slowly.
- You should have this tea for about 2 to 3 times per day.
- Or you can take ginger ale, ginger capsule, or eat ginger in a raw or cooked form, etc. daily to get relief from the stomach flu.
3. More Clear Fluids
Stomach flu can cause dehydration at the peak of this illness. Stomach flu will make you lose anything, even only sips of water that will leave you dehydrated completely. To solve this issue, you can try having small sips of water, ice chips, broth, clear soda, soups, vegetable and fruit juices, etc. after having vomiting. All these clear liquids can make you feel hydrated. Even after having these liquids, you still feel vomiting; you can take a break for up to an hour and then try again. Remember that you have to be hydrated at every time to get instant relief from the dehydration. In addition, you have to avoid consuming caffeinated products, alcohol as well as other drinks when you have upset stomach and nausea. Moreover, you do not drink fruit juices if you suffer from diarrhea. Trying this process is also one of home remedies for stomach flu along with its symptoms.
4. Mint Tea
Mint contains natural anti-microbial properties, mild sedative, and antispasmodic that can also help for better digestion and help to heal the gas, stomach ache, bloating, and upset stomach. In addition, this is another remedy in the list of top 10 natural home remedies for stomach flu if you take this tea regularly with small doses.
- A handful of fresh mint leaves
- 2 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of honey
- A pan
- Firstly, you take a pan and pour water into it.
- Next, you add these mint leaves in this pan and then mix them with water.
- After that, you put this pan in the stove and let it boil for about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Now, you stir them and strain the tea.
- Finally, you add honey into this tea and have it after stirring them well.
- You should drink this tea regularly for about 1 or 2 times per day.
- Or you can chew peppermint candy or gum or any other mint form to relieve the viral gastroenteritis.
Another remedy in the list of top 10 home remedies for stomach flu is probiotics. The main symptoms of stomach flu often occur due to the development of bad bacteria in the colon and digestive tract. Luckily, probiotics which are loaded with good bacteria will help the digestive system to function well.
- When you take antibiotics, they will wipe out both bad and good bacteria in the body. Good bacteria are very necessary to help the digestive system to function well.
- You should take the food which has probiotics such as yogurt, kefir, soy milk, milk, dark chocolates, olives, sauerkraut, etc.
- You should eat the food that has probiotics every day to get relief from the stomach flu.
Garlic contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that can make garlic become one of the effective home remedies for stomach flu. In addition, it can also soothe your bowel and stomach lining, which can calm cramping and harshness.
- A few garlic cloves
- A little honey
- Firstly, you take these garlic cloves and peel them off.
- Then, you chop the cloves finely and you mix it with honey.
- Finally, you can consume it.
- You should do this simple remedy every day.
- Or you can add garlic as seasonings in soups or any other food and consume these dishes.
- Regular repeat this way will also help to treat many intestinal problems.
Being an acidic citrus fruit, lemon can help you to kill the pathogens that cause diarrhea. In fact, it will not control stomach flu but it can help you in getting relief from its symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. Therefore, you should not skip this remedy if you want to know natural home remedies for stomach flu.
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- Water – 1 glass
- Firstly, you add fresh lemon juice into the water.
- Then, you mix them well.
- Finally, you take about 1 or 2 tablespoons of this mixture before your meals.
- You should repeat this simple remedy every day whenever you suffer from stomach problems.
Salt is another effective remedy in the list of top 10 home remedies for stomach flu you should follow. Salt has sodium that is another electrolyte, which can help to get rid of vomiting and diarrhea as well as assist you in getting hydrated.
- A little salt
- Simply, you just add salt to your soups or broths or your juice or tea or your food and consume this salt contained food to relieve the stomach virus.
- You should eat salt every to relieve virus but ensure that you should not overeat it.
Dried blueberries are high in fiber and contain antioxidants that can help in retaining the water that can bulk up stools. In addition, it can also help to give you relief from diarrhea and nausea.
- A handful of blueberries
- Simply, you just add blueberries into your mouth and consume them.
- Or you can also take blueberries in any form that can help to cure stomach virus along with its symptoms.
- You should repeat this simple remedy regularly.
10. Diet Plan
When your symptoms are cleared and lessen the fluids, you should take banana, white rice, applesauce, and dried toast into your daily diet because they are easily digestible and give strength and help to keep your stomach acids regulated for the normal digestion process. In addition, apples also contain fiber and make the stool bulk to decrease diarrhea. Moreover, white rice when cooked along with a little water and you strain the remaining liquid after rice is cooked and drink this water to get relief from nausea and vomiting. Crackers or toast will help you to digest easily and give you relief from nausea. As soon as you end the liquid food, you may start these easily digestible foods to come back to proper form.
Learn more: The book of 3 Week Diet
The best way to control and reduce the spread of the intestinal problems such as stomach flu is to follow the following tips regularly.
- You should stay at home to take a break as much as possible, which will help you to get relief from the stomach flu. In addition, it can also help to strengthen the immune system to fight stomach flu and make you feel comfortable.
- You should drink water or any liquid in small sips regularly to get rid of dehydration.
- Moreover, you do not consume the food that has caffeine, spicy foods, dairy products (except yogurt), oily foods, and other fat foods because they can make the symptoms of this problem worse.
- You should avoid having solid foods for a few hours by allowing the stomach to settle as well as function properly. You should start eating the dishes that are bland and easy to absorb and stop eating the solid food if the symptoms again return. You should try to notice severity in the symptoms and follow the diet plan.
- You and your children have to rinse the hands thoroughly with hand wash or soap with lukewarm water especially before eating food and after using toilets. Or you can also use hand sanitizers when water and soap are not available.
- You have to use separate personal things such as soap, towel, utensils, plates, glasses, etc. Furthermore, you should avoid sharing these things to others because it can spread the stomach flu to any person.
- It is better for you to avoid contacting closely with a person who is having this flu because it is really a contagious disease.
- You should clean your bathroom and kitchen surfaces regularly to prevent virus and bacteria from spreading.
- You have to avoid touching your face during the day frequently because this direct contact can spread the virus or bacteria causing stomach flu. If you really want to touch the face, you have to wash your hands thoroughly.
- You had better avoid eating uncooked or undercooked and raw foods that have the ability to contain the bacteria or virus causing stomach flu. In addition, you should not also drink unpasteurized milk or untreated water because they carry illness.
- You must wash the vegetable and fruits before consuming to remove the outstanding bacteria and protect your health.
- You can add a little turmeric into your food to provide a good antibacterial boost so that you can fight stomach flu as well as its symptoms.
If you want to know more about natural, home remedies for other diseases and conditions go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the article of top 10 best natural home remedies for stomach flu symptoms, hope that it can help you find out the best solution to get relief from this problem quickly and easily. Nevertheless, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for stomach flu, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Cheat your way thin PDF review – will Joel Marion’s book work?
- How to get rid of toenail fungus naturally and fast at home
- Spartan body program PDF review – is Tom’s guide useful?
- Natural hand scrub recipe: 13 homemade recipes
- List Of 18 Common Causes Of Sleep Disorders
- Top 10 Benefits Of Noni Juice On Health & Beauty
- Top 20 natural kidney cleansing herbs, foods and drinks
- Chicken soup for cold: 16 best & easy recipes