Tinea versicolor is not contagious or painful but can cause self-consciousness or emotional distress. Common symptoms of tinea versicolor are scaling and flaking, white patches, slight itching, etc. There are many prescribed antifungal and over-the-counter treatments. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat of tinea versicolor? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this article. In this writing, VKool.com will introduce you top 10 home remedies for tinea versicolor on face. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 10 Home Remedies For Tinea Versicolor On Face
Here are 10 best home remedies you are looking for:
Tea tree oil is one of the best home effective home remedies for tinea versicolor due to its anti-fungal properties. It will prevent recurrence and inhibit the spread of the infection as well. Plus, it will bring relief from itchiness. This oil is used as follows.
- Add tea tree oil (5 to 7 drops) to extra-virgin olive oil (1 tablespoon) or one teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Then apply this solution on the troubled area using a cotton ball.
- Leave it to dry on its own, next to wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry.
It is recommended to repeat this remedy two times daily for several weeks.
Coconut oil is also one of the effective home remedies for tinea versicolor. The medium-chain fatty acids present in coconut oil act as natural fungicides that helps stop the growth of the fungi responsible for the infection. For best result, you should use this oil as follows.
- Simply, you rub a little extra-virgin coconut oil on the troubled areas. Then let it to dry on its own.
- Another method is to mix extra-virgin coconut oil (1 tablespoon) and cinnamon oil (5 or 6 drops). Then rub this mixture on the affected skin. Wait about15 to 20 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
You should repeat either of these remedies about 2 or 3 times every day until the infection clears up.
Aloe vera is one of the other home remedies for tinea versicolor due to its antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, it can help decrease the fungi’s ability to spread. Moreover, it contains a lot of healing properties that enhance healing of the damaged skin. For positive results, you can use it as following options.
- First step is to get fresh aloe vera gel from an aloe vera leaf. Then apply the gel directly on the troubled skin areas, 2 or 3 times daily for a few weeks.
- Another option is to mix lavender oil (a few drops) in aloe vera gel (1 teaspoon). Then apply the mixture on the affected areas at least two times a day.
Continue reading the next part of this writing if you want to discover more other effective home remedies for tinea versicolor!
Plain, unsweetened yogurt is also considered as one of the best home remedies for tinea versicolor. The probiotics in plain yogurtwill help maintain the growth of fungi in check. This in turn prevents recurrence as well as promotes quick recovery as well. For desirable results, you can use it as follows.
- Rub the plain yogurt on your troubled skin. Keep it on for at least half an hour and then wash it off with warm water.
- Another option is to eat plain yogurt (2 to 3 cups) every day to help fight the yeast internally.
Using oregano essential oil can help clear up tinea versicolor. This oil can reduce the symptoms and fight the fungi responsible for the condition as well. It is used to treat tinea versicolor as follows.
- Prepare a mixture with equal amounts of extra-virgin olive oil and oregano essential oil.
- Then apply this mixture on the troubled areas using a cotton ball.
- Allow it on for half an hour and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
It is suggested to repeat this remedy once every day for a few weeks.
Garlic is also an excellent remedy for tinea versicolor. Its antifungal agents provide relief from itching and help stop the growth of fungi. To see best results, you should use garlic as follows.
- Apply freshly extracted garlic juice or garlic oil on your affected areas. Keep about 20 minutes and then take a shower or bath. You had better do this remedy once daily for several weeks.
- Another option is to consume 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves with warm water on an empty stomach every day to prevent and treat recurrence of tinea versicolor.
- A garlic supplement can be a good option to your regimen in order to treat any kind of skin infection. You should consult your doctor for the correct dosage.
Apple cider vinegar is also a great remedy for tinea versicolor. This vinegar helps control the abnormal growth of the fungi thanks to its antimicrobial properties. Furthermore, it also helps prevent recurrence of the infection. You had better use it as follows.
Mix lukewarm water and apple cider vinegar in equal amounts. Then dip a cotton ball in this mixture and next to apply it on your affected area. Allow about 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water. It is recommended to repeat this remedy once every day for a few weeks.
Another option is to mix raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar (2 tablespoons) in one glass of water and then enjoy it two times daily.
Turmeric is also one of the other popular home remedies for tinea versicolor. It helps promote healing as well as prevent the infection from recurring due to its natural antibiotic, antiseptic and antifungal properties. For positive effects, you use it as follows.
- Add ofraw, unprocessed turmeric juice (3 to 4 teaspoons)to one large jug of water. After having a bath, you pour this mixture on the affected area.
- Alternatively, you mix turmeric powder and sandalwood powder in equal amounts. Then add enough water to create a paste. Rub the paste to your affected areas. Keep it on for half an hour and then take a shower or bath.
It is suggested to repeat either of these treatments once every day until the spots disappear.
Indian lilac, also called as neem, is a very effective cure for skin infections. This herb contains antimicrobial, antifungal and antiseptic properties. It helps promote quick healing and control the growth of the fungi that causes tinea versicolor as well. You should use it as follows for the instant results.
- Boil a few washed neem leaves in water (2 cups) for 10 minutes. Strain and let the water to cool down. You should use this solution to rinse the affected area at least two times daily for a few weeks.
- Another choice is to grind a few neem leaves with some water. Then apply this mixture directly on your affected area. Leave it to dry and then rinse it off with water. You had better use this remedy once every day for several weeks.
- The other option is to immerse a cotton ball in Indian lilac oil mixed with carrier oil like coconut oil or olive oil and then apply it on the troubled area. It is recommended to follow this remedy twice a day for at least two to three weeks.
A healthy diet should be a necessary part of your treatment. Proper nutrition can help prevent and fight the infection and boost the immune system as well.
- A diet rich in vitamins A, C, B and E can helpgive your immune system a healthy boost.
- Include fresh vegetables and fruits in your daily diet.
- Eat foods with probiotics like kefir and yogurt.
At the same time, you should drink plenty of water every day to remove harmful toxins that can compromise the immune system.
Learn more: Healthy Diet Tips For Acne Skin Treatments
- Avoid using greasy or oily skin care products.
- Do not wear tight clothing. Try to wear clothes made of breathable fabrics like cotton.
- Avoid excessive sweating and heat.
- Shower daily and use a washcloth to exfoliate the areas in order to decrease the amount of fungus on the skin.
- Regularly wash your towels, washcloths and clothes in hot water.
Related articles on fungal problems:
To get more information about effective homemade remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. You can also try some inexpensive, simple home remedies. The above remedies are only one of best treatments for dealing with tinea versicolor. After reading the writing of top 10 home remedies for tinea versicolor on face in the shortest time possible, hope that this writing helps you find out the best solution to treat tinea versicolor fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any natural home remedy. If you have any question, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 8 natural home remedies for itchy skin
- 13 Health Benefits Of Jujube Fruit For The Body Proper Function
- Natural yogurt face mask recipe: top 10 effective solutions
- How to stop excessive burping naturally – 10 tips
- 13 Quick home remedies for head lice and their eggs that work
- 20 Ways to control blood sugar levels naturally without medicine
- How to increase low blood pressure naturally & quickly: 11 tips
- 6 tips on how to remove acne scars from face fast at home