Tinnitus means ringing or sizzling sounds in ears that can be intermittent or constant. This condition may occur in one or two ears. Tinnitus can be caused by an ear infection or injury, age-related hearing loss, high altitudes, exposure to loud noise, earwax blockage, upper respiratory infections, mineral and vitamin deficiencies, abnormal bone growth (ear bone changes), or diseases such as low or high blood pressure, a circulatory system disorder or diabetes. If you want to get rid of tinnitus fast and naturally without any side effect, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 10 natural home remedies for tinnitus or ear ringing. The writing is a collection of safe and natural solutions to remove the ringing in the ears from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn more!
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Tinnitus Or Ear Ringing
Here are 10 natural tinnitus remedies you are looking for:
The apple cider vinegar has an anti-inflammatory and antifungal agent, so it is very good for treating any underlying infection, which can be contributing to your tinnitus. In addition, apple cider vinegar can balance the alkaline level of your body. To get rid of tinnitus by applying apple cider vinegar, here are detailed steps you need to do:
- You mix 2 tsp of the apple cider vinegar with a little of honey into a glass of water.
- Then you drink it 2 or 3 times per day till the sounds in your ears stop.
Learn more: discover other uses of apple cider vinegar
Using ginkgo biloba is one of the best home remedies for tinnitus. Ginkgo biloba plays an important role in improving the blood circulation that in turn will improve the ear functioning as well as reduce the ringing sensations. In addition, ginkgo biloba has antifungal and antibacterial properties, which can deal with any underlying infection, which can be contributing to your tinnitus condition. To get rid of tinnitus by applying ginkgo biloba, you can follow the following directions:
- You take about 120 mg to 240 mg of the ginkgo biloba extract that contains about 6% to 12% terpenoids and 24% to 32% flavonoids.
- You take the ginkgo biloba extract daily, with ideal doses are divided into 3 or 4 times per day for 6 weeks in order to get the positive results.
- However, you should consult a doctor before you start the treatment because this herb can interact with some medications.
Pay attention: Ginkgo biloba cannot be given to your children.
Onions have antibacterial and medicinal properties that help you in treating ear infections causing tinnitus. To get rid of tinnitus by applying onions, here are detailed steps you need to do:
- You chop 1 small onion into some small pieces.
- You microwave these small pieces for 1 or 2 minutes.
- You let it cool
- Then you strain out the juice.
- You put 2 or 3 drops of this juice into your infected ear.
- You leave it in your ear for 5 minutes
- Then you turn the head to allow the juice to drain out.
- You do this solution a few times per week to eliminate tinnitus.
Using holy basil is one of the good natural remedies for tinnitus. This herb has antibacterial properties that will help you in killing the bacteria, which can be causing your ear problem. In addition, holy basil may give you the instant relief from your ear pain. To get rid of tinnitus by applying holy basil, you can follow the following directions:
- You add a handful of the basil leaves into a blender
- Then you make a paste.
- You put this paste onto a strainer
- Then you extract the juice by pressing with a spoon.
- You warm this basil juice slightly.
- You use a dropper
- Then you put 2 or 3 drops of this juice into your affected ear.
- You repeat this solution 2 times per day for 3 or 4 days.
The saline solution will help you in treating tinnitus that is caused by excessive fluid or blocked nasal passages in your sinuses. To treat tinnitus by applying saline solution, you can follow step by step instructions as below:
- You mix 1 tsp of salt with 1 tsp of glycerin into 2 cups of the warm water
- Then you will get a saline solution at home.
- You can apply a nasal spray bottle in order to inject this solution to every nostril till it begins draining into your back of throat.
- You also spray this saline solution into your throat.
- In addition, you should do this solution 3 times per day till your nasal passages are very clear.
Continue reading this writing to discover other healthy home remedies for tinnitus!
One of other home remedies for tinnitus is applying garlic. Garlic will help you relieve your tinnitus condition that is caused by cold weather or high altitudes. This spice may also help you in reducing inflammation and improving the blood circulation. In addition, garlic has antibacterial properties, which will help you get rid of almost infections, which can be contributing to your ear problem. To eliminate the ringing in your ears by applying garlic, here are detailed steps you need to do:
- You fry 2 crushed garlic cloves with 1 tbsp of the sesame oil.
- You strain and let it cool
- Then you put 2 or 3 drops of this solution into your ear canal.
- You follow this solution per day before you go to bed at night.
- You do this solution for around 7 days.
- Alternatively, you can drink garlic capsules for a few days or you use this herb for your cooking.
Applying mustard oil is one of the popular home remedies for tinnitus. Mustard oil is known as a natural rubefacient that can help you in increasing the blood circulation. In addition, mustard oil has antifungal & antibacterial properties that can help you in treating ear infections. Moreover, this oil may boost your immune system in order to protect the body against further infections as well as eliminate the buildup of earwax. To get rid of tinnitus by applying mustard oil, here are detailed steps you need to do:
- You warm a little of mustard oil slightly in a microwave.
- Then you put some drops of this warm mustard oil into your affected ear directly.
- You let this oil sit in your ear for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Then you tilt the head to another side in order that this oil will drain out of your ear.
- You eliminate the softened earwax by using an ear bud.
- You repeat this solution once per day for some days.
Read more: the book of healthy diet plan
Another natural remedy for treating tinnitus is applying ginger. This herb is often used as an effective treatment for tinnitus. In addition, ginger has medicinal & healing properties that will help you in improving the blood circulation, stopping pathogens & fighting free radicals. Moreover, aspirin-like properties found in ginger will help you relieve the pain accompanied with tinnitus. To apply ginger for treating tinnitus, here are step by step instructions you can follow at home:
- You add ½ tsp of the freshly grated ginger into a cup of the hot water.
- Then you let it steep for about 10 minutes
- You strain it
- Next, you add a little of honey into this solution.
- You drink this ginger tea solution 2 or 3 times per day for a few weeks to reduce your tinnitus symptoms.
- Alternatively, you can chew some slices of the raw ginger.
- The chewing process will help you reduce the pressure inside your ear, which can be causing tinnitus.
Recommended reading: discover other benefits of fresh ginger on health
Mixing pineapple into your daily diet will help you reduce tinnitus fast. Pineapple can help you in lessening inflammation all over the body thanks to the existence of an enzyme that is known as bromelain. In addition, pineapple contains a lot of vitamins involving vitamin A. To apply pineapple for treating tinnitus, you can follow the detailed steps as below:
- You eat a fresh pineapple during a day
- You eat it for many days to relieve inflammation.
- In addition, you can drink a cup of fresh pineapple juice daily.
Another way to deal with tinnitus is eating more foods such as pumpkin, which is very rich in vitamin A that can help you to get rid of tinnitus. Vitamin A is very important for the appropriate functioning of inner ear or cochlea that is responsible for transmission and reception of sounds.
To get rid of tinnitus by applying pumpkin, you just need to include it into your soup or salad. In addition, you can have pumpkin steamed, stir-fried, stuffed, or grilled in baked dishes.
Some additional tips you should do at home:
- You can use a heating pad that is wrapped in a cloth or use a warm compress in order to relieve the pressure & pain
- You should stop or cut back drinking alcohol
- You should stop smoking
- You should limit your aspirin use
- You need to exercise regularly
- You should avoid or limit exposure to loud noises
- You can practice relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga.
- You should play white noise or music when trying to fall asleep.
Related articles on ear problems:
To know more about other health problems & effective homemade remedies, go to our main Home Remedies page. After reading the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for tinnitus or ear ringing, hope that this writing helps you find out the best solution to get rid of your ear problem. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question, or you know other natural home remedies for tinnitus or the ringing in the ears, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Causes of stress and how to manage it for good
- How to treat muscle cramps in hands and feet – 10 tips
- How to treat bipolar disorder naturally without drugs – 7 tips
- Common skin disorders in toddlers and adults
- Top 7 summer beauty tips and tricks for women
- How to make your hands look younger naturally: 7 powerful tips
- List Of 16 Best Vitamins To Increase Metabolism
- Top 10 natural home remedies for cervical spondylosis pain