A tooth infection is a common term that is used to describe an infection between the gums and a tooth or at the root of a tooth. It is often caused by bacteria entering the tooth through a chip, dental cavity, or crack and will spread all the ways down to the tip of the root. This will lead to pockets of pus, inflammation, and pain.
Best Home Remedies For Tooth Infection – Best Natural Treatments:
If left untreated, this infection can spread to the bone which supports the tooth and can lead to severe complications that are life-threatening. Even if the abscess ruptures and there is a great pain relief, you will still need a treatment for your teeth.
At times, the pulp in the tooth root dies as a result of infection, thereby decreasing the pain. This, nevertheless, does not mean that this infection has already healed because it will still spread and can destroy the tissues.
In most cases, an abscessed tooth is caused by severe gum disease (gingivitis), or tooth decay. Besides, following a diet high in carbohydrates, sugar, having poor dental hygiene, and eating a lot of sticky foods can also make you have higher risk of developing this disease.
A sharp and throbbing toothache is a common symptom of a tooth infection. Other symptoms and signs include general discomfort, swollen lymph nodes under your jaw, difficulty swallowing food, difficulty opening your mouth, fever, red and sore gums, bad breath, change in taste senses, increased sensitivity to cold or hot foods and drinks, pain when chewing food, and swelling in your cheek.
If you notice signs and symptoms of a tooth infection, consult a dental expert as soon as possible as it will never get better if you do not try to treat it. As an adjunct remedy, you can also try some natural home remedies that can aid in fighting the infection and reducing the signs and symptoms it causes.
Today, in this article, I would like to reveal some of the best home remedies for tooth infection that are proven to work useful for stopping this dental condition. The remedies include:
This is the first out of the most effective natural home remedies for tooth infection that I want to introduce in this full writing.
Peppermint can work effectively in terms of tooth infection like a miracle that can help to reduce the pain caused by an abscessed tooth naturally. It contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that aid in reducing inflammation as well as preventing the spread of this condition. To make use of this natural ingredient, you will need to:
· You just need to prepare fresh peppermint juice that is extracted from the leaf and use it to apply right onto your affected tooth.
· You can also use your fingertips to rub onto your affected area with a few drops of peppermint oil for a couple of minutes.
Follow either of these remedies about 2 – 3 times on a daily basis.
This is one of the most accessible natural home remedies for tooth infection that you should also try to stop the problem fast without using any type of drug, pill, or medication.
Oregano oil has powerful antioxidant and antibacterial properties so that it is actually a very good remedy for tooth infection. It can also boost your immune system and help your body in fighting against tooth infections and speeding up the healing process.
- To make use of this natural ingredient, you just need to prepare a mouthwash by mixing ¼ cup of warm water with three to five drops of oregano oil. Swish this liquid in your mouth and let it stay for about ten minutes, then completely spit it out.
- You can also choose directly applying 2 – 3 drops of oregano oil onto your affected gums and tooth and let it stay for about fifteen minutes.
One of the most common treatment tips for dealing with tooth infection is the use of turmeric. Click To Tweet. In fact, we widely already know that turmeric is a common spice that is used a lot in many delicious and healthy dishes. It is very famous for the amazing effects on enhancing the health of stomach, skin, eyes…but what you might not know about and I want to introduce is the powerful effect of this natural ingredient for dealing with tooth infection. Turmeric is very high in anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibiotic properties so that it can aid in reducing inflammation and pain due to the tooth infection. It can also promote the overall oral health. There are 3 ways for people to make use of this natural ingredient:
- First, you just need to mix 1 tsp. of mustard oil or olive with ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder. Use the mixture to apply right onto your affected tooth directly. Let it stay for about fifteen minutes before using warm water to rinse your mouth off.
- Alternatively, people can mix in one glass of lukewarm water ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon of salt. Make use of this solution by rinsing your mouth with it about 2 – 3 on a daily basis.
- You can also mix a little water with 1 tsp. of turmeric powder to form a paste. After brushing your teeth as usual, use this paste to apply directly onto your affected area. Let it stay for fifteen to twenty minutes, then use warm water to rinse it off.
Repeat any of these remedies about 2 – 3 times every day for achieving the fastest and best results as desired.
In fact, this is one of the best home remedies for tooth infection that people should remember to learn and make use for good!
Salt contains powerful antibacterial and antiseptic properties that can aid in drawing out any infection, easing pain, reducing inflammation, and preventing the growth of bacteria inside your mouth. To make use of this natural ingredient, what you need to do is very simple:
- Add 1 teaspoon of refined salt or sea salt to one glass of lukewarm water. Mix it until the salt can dissolve in the water totally.
- Use this solution to rinse your mouth off carefully
- Apply this tip two to three times per day to reduce pain and discomfort and clear the infection at the same time.
In fact, this is also one of the best and most effective natural home remedies for tooth infection that people should not skip but try making use to stop the current concern fast (just within a few days to one week) and safely without making use of any type of costly yet useless creams or medical interventions.
Another out of the most effective and best home remedies for tooth infection that I would like to introduce in this writing and want my readers to make use is apple cider vinegar.
Apple cider vinegar is another extremely useful home treatment for a tooth infection. It contains powerful disinfectant and anti-inflammatory properties that can aid in reducing inflammation and relieving pain while disinfecting the affected area.
- To make use of apple cider vinegar in terms of treating tooth infection, what you need to do is to mix in one glass of water with 1 teaspoon of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar and drink it 2 times on a daily basis.
- Alternatively, you can swish 1 tbsp. of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar in your affected area for about 2 – 3 minutes. Spit it out completely and make sure that you will not swallow it. Finally, use warm water to rinse your mouth off.
Apply this tip two to three times per day to reduce pain and discomfort and clear the infection at the same time.
Another out of the most efficient natural home remedies for tooth infection that people should not look down is making use of hydrogen peroxide.
Hydrogen peroxide contains antibacterial and disinfectant properties that can help in killing the harmful bacteria that trigger the tooth infection pain. It can also help to reduce pain and inflammation as well. In addition, it can also help you get rid of the hateful and embarrassing yellow teeth. For oral health, you should just make use of food grade, 3-% hydrogen peroxide solution. There are 2 most effective and most common ways for you to make use of this ingredient:
- Mix enough hydrogen peroxide with 1 teaspoon of baking soda to make a paste. Use this paste to directly apply onto your affected area for about 5 – 10 minutes and then use warm water to rinse your mouth thoroughly. Apply this natural treatment about 2 – 3 times on a weekly basis.
- You can also mix 1 tablespoon of warm water with 2 teaspoons of hydrogen peroxide. Rinse your mouth off with this solution and completely spit it out. Apply this natural treatment 3 times per week for achieving the best results as desired.
A black tea bag is also a good home remedy for you to deal with tooth infection. It contains tannins that can help in reducing inflammation and pain. Besides, it has antioxidants that can aid in fighting infection and promote good oral health. Here are the steps you will need to follow if you want to make use of black tea bag to deal with this disease:
- Soak a black tea bag for about 5 minutes in warm water.
- Remove the black tea bag from the water, wring it out, and put it on your affected area.
- Let it stay overnight or for few hours.
- Use a warm salt-water solution to rinse your mouth off.
- Apply this method once every day for about 2 weeks.
In fact, this is also one of the simplest to follow yet also effective natural home remedies for tooth infection that I would like to introduce in this entire writing and want my readers to learn and apply to stop the tooth infection issue fast and effectively.
Clove is one of the best remedies for any kind of dental infections, including the tooth infection. It contains powerful antibacterial, analgesic, and antiseptic properties that can help in alleviating inflammation, toothache, and soreness in the gums.
- To make use of this natural ingredient, you just need to put a whole clove between your cheek and your infected tooth. Chew it from time to time to release the clove juice. Let the clove juice to stay in your mouth for at least half an hour. Then, use warm water to rinse your mouth off.
- Another option is to dip a cotton swab in clove oil and hold it against your affected area for a few minutes.
This is also among the best home remedies for tooth infection that people should learn and apply at home.
Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurvedic home remedy that can also be used to deal with tooth infection or painful gums. This age-old remedy can help to reduce a number of bacteria presenting in your mouth. It can help in drawing toxins from your mouth and, in fact, your whole body, which can help to promote and enhance both your oral and overall health.
Note: Do this on an empty stomach. What you will need to do are:
- Place 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin coconut oil in the mouth.
- Swish coconut oil inside your mouth for fifteen minutes at least. Remember not to swallow it.
- After fifteen minutes, spit the coconut oil out and use warm water to rinse your mouth off.
- Repeat this method 2 times per day for about a month to get the best results as desired.
In fact, this is another great one out of the list of useful and best home remedies for tooth infection that I would like to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use as soon as possible.
This is the last but also very important out of the list containing the best home remedies for tooth infection that I want to introduce in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and apply as soon as possible.
Garlic contains powerful natural antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties, making it highly efficient for people who want to deal with the tooth infection. It can help in relieving pain and preventing the spread of this disease.
- To make use of garlic, you just need to rub garlic oil onto your affected tooth.
- Another option is to mix one pinch of table salt with ½ teaspoon of garlic powder and apply it directly onto your affected area. Let it stay for about 10 minutes, then use normal mouthwash to rinse your mouth off.
- Put a fresh garlic clove and crush it with your teeth in your mouth. Chew the garlic clove until the pain subsides. Spit the garlic out and use warm water to rinse your mouth off. For reducing the residual odor caused by fresh garlic, you just need to add a few drops of clove oil to the warm water and gargle with this simple homemade solution. The fragrance of clove oil will help you get rid of the hateful and strong smell of garlic effectively within a short time.
Repeat any of these remedies a few times for about 2 – 3 weeks on a daily basis.
Now, after reading this full writing and learning exactly how you can make use of the best natural home remedies for tooth infection to deal with this dental problem naturally at home, what you should do next is just to spend time reading another useful article that will also help you deal with another similar dental issue – the List Of 10 Natural Home Remedies For Abscess Tooth article. In fact, this is a full gathering of proven useful and natural home remedies that can help anyone who are struggling with the tooth abscess issue stop this concern within just a short time and without the need for any type of pill, drug, or medication. The treatment tips and techniques that are revealed in this article are very easy to implement at home and also very safe for both men and women, so even people who do not have any experience can learn and make use of them to deal with the tooth abscess problem without meeting any difficulty or making any mistake. These remedies are 100% based on nature and safe to use so that people should not concern about the negative side effects as well.
This is actually a full list of the best home remedies for tooth infection that readers of VKool.com and other people who are also dealing with the tooth infection issue should learn and apply for good! These natural treatment tips are actually based on nature completely and proven safe to use for both men and women to apply at home. Making use of these home remedies, people also need to prepare just some easy to find and low cost natural ingredients so that no one needs to fear of getting failure or the safeness of the remedies.
If you think that the home remedies for tooth infection that I suggested above are really useful for your current tooth infection pain and good for other people you know who are also struggling with this dental infection, you should feel free to share this list widely to make use of these home remedies I revealed inside with anyone you want. As an author, I always want to see my readers’ personal thoughts and evaluation, so remember to leave your comments and feedbacks by filling the comment section below!
Related articles about some dental issues, including tooth infection, how to deal with them, and how to improve overall oral health: