Typhoid fever is a bacterial infection of the bloodstream and intestinal tract. Early symptoms of typhoid include fever, headache, weakness and abdominal pain. The worse symptoms are severe diarrhea, constipation, vomiting, skin rashes, chills, delirium, fluctuating mood, hallucinations, enlarged liver, lethargy and nosebleeds. Several home remedies can also help reduce typhoid symptoms. Do you want to know which home remedy will help you treat of typhoid fever? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 25 natural home remedies for typhoid fever. The writing is collected from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to understand more!
Top 25 Natural Home Remedies For Typhoid Fever Are Revealed
Before looking for a few natural home remedies for typhoid fever, you should be aware of the causes of this condition.
Causes Of Typhoid Fever:
This fever includes various causes that are listed below:
- Consumption of contaminated food and water
- Getting in touch with a chronic carrier
- Contact with an acute patient of typhoid fever
- People can get typhoid fever by consuming food or beverages that have been used by a person having the bacteria.
- Contamination of water, such as poor sanitation and inadequate sewerage systems
1. Babul Bark Decoction For Typhoid Fever
Babul has a lot of medicinal uses thanks to its demulcent properties that can help to relieve minor pain or reduce inflammation of the membranes. Therefore, it is widely used in treating gonorrhea, leucorrhoea, dysentery, and diabetes. In addition, it is also used to stop chronic diarrhea, treat the critical endemic disease called leprosy, treat coughs, and some types of cancers, especially in eyes, testicles, or ears.
Besides, it is also effective in treating typhoid and ulcers and fighting scurvy. Therefore, you should include babul in the list of natural home remedies for Typhoid fever.
- Babul bark – 60 grams
- Water – 2 glasses
- Black pepper powder – a little
- Firstly, add the babul bark to water and then bring this to a boil.
- Next, boil it until the water reduces to 1 cup.
- Now, you add a little black pepper powder to it.
- Finally, drink this water after cooling it down.
- You should have it for 3 times per day before each meal for about 3 days.
2. Barley (Jowar) For Treating Typhoid Fever
Barley contains both the insoluble and soluble fiber. While the insoluble fiber is very effective in maintaining regular bowel movement and preventing colon cancer, the soluble fiber helps to reduce blood cholesterol, slow down the absorption of sugar, and lower the chance of type II diabetes. Moreover, barley has phytochemicals, which is great for heart health.
In addition, barley also helps with asthma in children. Because barley can be digested very easily, it is very good for a patient who is recovering from an illness. Thanks to its diuretic property, it is extremely useful in controlling diarrhea and reducing simple fevers. If you are looking for a few natural home remedies for typhoid fever, don't forget this herb.
- Dried barley – 1 tablespoon
- Dried bajara – 1 tablespoon
- Dried gram – 1 tablespoon
- Firstly, fry the barley, bajara, and gram well.
- Then, make a powder with these herbs.
- Now, take equal amounts of the gram, barley, and bajara.
- After that, mix them with jaggery syrup or honey and then eat the mixture.
- You should have it for 3 times per day for a week.
Learn more: Top 12 Health Benefits Of Barley Water
3. Guava Flowers
The guava flowers are very helpful in treating a cough and cold by relieving mucus, inhibiting microbial activity, and disinfecting your respiratory tract, lungs, and throat thanks to their astringent properties. Guava is very high in vitamin C and iron, which are proven to be great for a patient with a cold and viral infection.
In addition, guava contains a variety of nutritious and uses that help to treat berbagai types of diseases, like acute diarrhea when taking medication regularly does not provide any desired or significant effect. Moreover, when combined with tea, guava flowers are also beneficial to reduce cholesterol in your blood and prevent diabetes. Now, have a look at one of the effective home remedies for typhoid fever, which uses guava flowers.
- Guava flowers – 7
- Unboiled goat milk – 1 cup
- Firstly, grind these guava flowers finely.
- Then, add it to a cup of unboiled goat milk and mix them together.
- Finally, drink this milk immediately when the stomach is empty.
- You should have it for 3 times per day.
4. Bael Leaves
Guava is the next treatment in the list of top 25 natural home remedies for typhoid fever. When used internally, bael can help to treat the imbalanced elements that are the cause of improper digestion. It is also great for curing diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, and dysentery.
In addition, it is traditionally used as a natural decongestant for typhoid fever, tuberculosis, and a common cold, particularly there is an excessive congestion in your lungs.
Besides, guava fruit is also famous for its stimulating properties that help you in a case of exhaustion or convalescence from injury or serious disease.
- Guava leaves – 8
- Firstly, take these leaves and then crush them finely.
- Then, strain it to take its juice of about 1 teaspoon. You may add a little water to it.
- Finally, have this juice.
- You should consume it for 3 times per day for about 3 to 7 days.
5. Bitter Leaves For Treating Typhoid Fever
Bitter leaves are widely used for various diseases and conditions thanks to their medicinal properties. They are very rich in protein, minerals, and vitamins. It helps to treat rashes and a cold effectively.
In addition, the juice of bitter leaves is very useful in treating typhoid fever and malaria. Because it can aid in building up your immune system, it will help you to prevent many diseases.
Don't skip this juice, if you are finding natural home remedies for typhoid fever.
- Firstly, squeeze the fresh bitter leaves to take about 1 cup of its juice. Then, drink this juice for 2 times per day until the symptoms disappear completely. Or, you can boil the root and stem of the bitter plant and drink 1 glass of this water for 2 times daily until your condition is improved.
- Another option, squeeze the juice from the scent leaves and bitter leaves. Then, mix these juices with ground garlic together and add 4 liters of boiling water to it. Now, filter this water and then store it in a container having a cover. After that, add ground potash and lemon juice to it. Finally, drink half a glass of this water for 3 times per day for 1 month.
Note: Sometimes the juice of bitter leaves can cause loose stool or purges if you take it in an excessive amount. Don't take over 5 leaves a cup.
Read more: 10 Health Benefits Of Bitter Melon
Another of top 25 natural home remedies for typhoid fever is a lemon. As a great disinfectant, lemon can help to alkalize your gastrointestinal tract effectively. This is so significant for the typhoid fever treatment. Lemons are high in vitamin C, so they may boost up your immune system. Moreover, the acidic properties present in the lemon reduce heat in your body.
However, only when your typhoid fever condition is recovering positively, start drinking lemon water.
- Simply, add half a teaspoon of honey to the juice squeezed from a lemon. And then, consume it with cold or hot water. It will help to boost up your immune system and fight the infection. Or, you can add some lemon slices to your water for 1 week after recovery from typhoid.
7. Orange As A Kind Of Home Remedies For Typhoid
Oranges replenish the body better with lost water content, nutrients, and minerals. This also helps to boost up your immune system, provide an emaciated and weak body with the required minerals, and prevent dehydration. In addition, oranges also contain a cooling property and gives relief from the restlessness and discomfort that is caused by typhoid fever.
Here is another method in the list of top 25 natural home remedies for typhoid fever that you should try!
- Simply, drink orange juice for 4 to 5 times per day. Frequent urination due to drinking this water will soothe the body by reducing excessive heat and drawing out the toxins from your body.
- The patient may drink orange juice mixed with milk or eat an orange after drinking milk. You should eat oranges for several times per day. It is very beneficial among the best home remedies for typhoid fever.
One of other natural home remedies for typhoid fever is the raisin. According to Dr. Tartlit, a scientist in the West, the germs causing typhoid fever can be killed by large raisins or burning raisins and some other dry fruits. Raisins work as a great natural tonic for the body during the typhoid fever. It sounds simple and strange but among very effective home remedies for typhoid.
- Simply, soak raisins in cold water overnight or at least 2 hours and then consume them in the next morning.
- You should repeat this way daily.
9. Treat Typhoid Fever With Honey
Honey is another way in the list of natural home remedies for typhoid that you should try. Honey helps to regulate the process of digestion effectively. When you are suffering from typhoid, your digestive system will become weaker and its functionality is also impaired. Hot water combined with honey contains a cooling property and helps the patient to feel better. In addition, honey is also an excellent energy booster and helps to treat typhoid fever thanks to its healing properties.
- Simply, take 1 tablespoon of honey and add it to half a cup of warm water. Now, consume this water after stirring them thoroughly.
- You should have it for a few times per day so that you can get back the lost energy.
10. Ginger And Apple Juice – Home Remedies For Typhoid
One of the major side effects of typhoid fever is dehydration. To deal with this problem, you can prepare a juice mixture that helps to keep you hydrated fast and give natural minerals and electrolytes.
In addition, this juice is also effective in treating some problems related to the liver by aiding in removing all the waste products and harmful toxins from your body.
- Ginger juice – 1 tablespoon
- Apple juice – 1 glass
- Firstly, add ginger juice to the glass of apple juice.
- Then, mix them together.
- Finally, drink it immediately.
- You should have this juice for a few times per day to stay hydrated well.
11. Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate is very helpful in preventing dehydration and energizing your body. That is why this fruit is listed in the natural home remedies for typhoid. To follow this method more easily, you can have a look at the directions:
- Firstly, take a fresh pomegranate.
- Then, take it juice with the help of a food processor.
- Now, you add either black pepper or honey to it for better effect.
- Finally, drink this juice.
Although carrot is known as a common vegetable, it is also used as one of the brilliant home remedies for typhoid fever thanks to its abundance contents of antioxidants that may help to give you a strong immune system.
In addition, carrot also helps you to deal with diarrhea, one of the most common symptoms of typhoid fever.
- Firstly, take 6 to 8 carrot pieces.
- Then, add them to 1 glass of water and bring this to a boil for about 7 to 10 minutes.
- After that, filter the water and add 2 to 3 pinches of black pepper powder to the water.
- Finally, consume the soup whenever you suffer from diarrhea.
Note: You may add more or less black pepper powder as per your taste.
Echinacea, which often comes in a purple flower, or powder or root form, is very good for strengthening your immune system as well as treating bacterial infections. In addition, it also helps you to strengthen body tissues.
To do this kind of home remedies for typhoid, follow the guides below:
- Firstly, take a few Echinacea roots or the dried flower powder by buying them in a store.
- Now, boil 1 teaspoon of Echinacea roots or powder in 1 glass of clean water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Then, let it cool down.
- Finally, drink this tea.
- You should have this for 2 or 3 times a day, but not more than 2 weeks
14. Coconut Water And Buttermilk
If you don't want to drink fruit juices, you can drink the mixture of coconut water and buttermilk. This is also another way in the list of top 25 natural home remedies for typhoid fever that I want to show to you. Coconut water is known as a natural energy drink that is a rich source of sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, fats, electrolyte, and carbohydrates. It boosts up your metabolism and gives you energy.
- You should drink coconut water as much as you can when you are suffering from typhoid fever.
- Or, you may include a mashed banana in your coconut water for better results. It also gives you some solid intake when you are bored of drinking other fluids.
15. Avoid Constipation
You should avoid constipation at any cost because it may make the fever worse. You ought to keep this problem at bay by increasing fluid intake, for example, fresh juices, glucose water, boiled water, soups, etc. In addition, it is also recommended taking fresh fruits and foods rich in fiber. To get an active bowel movement, you should have psyllium seeds in warm milk and rice gruel because they are rich in nutrients and easy to digest.
16. Cold Compresses
One of the simplest home remedies for typhoid fever is applying cold compresses. This will help your body temperature come down effectively and quickly. What you need to do:
- The first step is to dip a washcloth in cool water and next draw out the excess water and then place it on the forehead. You must frequently change the washcloth. It is recommended to repeat this remedy until your temperature drops.
- Another option is to use a cold damp washcloth to sponge areas such as your armpits, hands, feet, and groin in order to decrease body temperature. You can do this kind of home remedies for typhoid at regular intervals in order to reduce a high fever.
17. Increase Fluid Intake
Due to diarrhea and high fever, you may become dehydrated. Increasing your fluid intake may be an easy way to prevent this. In addition, it will encourage elimination of waste material and toxins as well as keep your body hydrated. What you need to do:
- Drink purified or bottled water (about 8 to 10 glasses) every day. For safe side, you should boil your drinking water if you use tap water.
- Along with water, you should increase your consumption of herbal teas, coconut water, fresh fruit juices, glucose water and soups.
Learn more: Solutions For Diarrhea In Infants And Adults
18. Homemade ORS
Fluid resuscitation or fluid replacement is essential to prevent dehydration as well as replenish fluid lost through diarrhea. It is easy way to do this with oral rehydration solution (ORS). Especially, ORS will aid recovery and decrease the intensity of typhoid symptoms as well. You can buy ORS easily in health store. Or, you can make ORS at home by mixing salt (½ small spoon) and sugar (6 small spoons) in clean drinking water (4 cups). It is suggested to consume this homemade ORS a few times daily until you recover completely.
19. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is also one of the good home remedies for typhoid fever. Its acidic property can help draw heat out of your skin, in turn reducing high body temperature. In addition, the minerals present in this vinegar can also help replenish minerals lost caused by diarrhea. For optimal results, you can use it as follows.
- Mix unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar (½ teaspoon) and a little honey in one glass of water. You should consume this mixture before eating your meals. It is recommended to follow this treatment for about 5 to 7 days.
- Another option among the best home remedies for typhoid is to mix two parts cool water and one part apple cider vinegar. Immerse a washcloth in it, next wring out the excess water and then place it on the forehead and abdomen. You can follow as needed until your fever has improved.
The antimicrobial properties in garlic help combat bacteria that cause the typhoid fever. Especially, it will also speed up your immune system. In addition, it also helps remove harmful toxins from your body as well as speed up recovery. What you need to do:
- Eat 2 cloves of garlic on an empty stomach for several weeks in order to help remove typhoid fever symptoms.
- Alternatively, you can also mix crushed garlic (½ teaspoon), milk (1 cup) and water (4 cups). Boil this mixture until it decreased to ¼ of the original amount. You had better drink it three times a day.
Note: Garlic is not suggested for small children and pregnant women.
Learn more: Health Advantages Of Garlic To The Human Body
Basil is also one of the effective home remedies for typhoid fever. This herb contains antibacterial and antibiotic properties that can help eliminate the bacteria that cause the typhoid fever. Furthermore, it helps calm the stomach, bring down a fever and boost your immune system as well. For positive effects, you should use it as follows.
- Add 20 leaves of basil and crushed ginger (1 teaspoon) to one cup of water. Then boil it until the mixture reduces by half. You can add a little honey. It is recommended to enjoy this tea 2 or 3 times per day for a cough of days.
- You can also extract the juice from 5 to 7 basil leaves. Add a pinch of freshly ground black pepper to the juice and eat it 2 or 3 times a day for a couple of weeks.
- Another option among the best home remedies for typhoid, grind 7 raw basil leaves. Then, add it to 5 to 6 strands of saffron and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder. Now, add enough apple cider vinegar or lime juice to it to create a fine paste. After that, make small tablets from the fine paste and then have these tablets for 2 to 3 times per day.
One of the other helpful home remedies for typhoid fever is using cloves. The essential oils in cloves contain antibacterial agents, thus cloves can fight off the bacteria that cause typhoid fever. In addition, cloves also help ease diarrhea and vomiting as well, two typical symptoms of typhoid. For the best results, you can use it as following steps.
- Add clove buds (5 to 7) to water (8 cups).
- Boil this mixture till it reduces by half.
- Remove from heat, next cover and then let it to cool.
- Strain and then consume this solution throughout the day.
It is suggested to repeat this herbal treatment as one of the best home remedies for typhoid for about 1 week.
Bananas can treat diarrhea and bring down the fever in people enduring typhoid. Especially, the pectin in bananas is a soluble fiber which helps absorb liquid in the intestines, thus decreasing diarrhea. Furthermore, the potassium present in bananas will help replace electrolytes lost during diarrhea and fever. What you need to do:
- Eat ripe bananas (2 to 3) every day till your typhoid symptoms subside.
- Alternatively, you can mix two mashed bananas in yogurt (½ cup) and add honey (1 teaspoon). It is recommended to eat this at least two times every day for a few weeks.
Taking buttermilk is also considered as another excellent home remedy for typhoid fever. Especially, it can aid recovery. In addition, it helps also prevent dehydration. For expected results, you should use it as follows.
- Drink buttermilk (a few glasses) every day until you recover completely.
- Another choice is to add juice of coriander leaves (2 teaspoons) to buttermilk (one cup). You had better enjoy this two times a day for at least one weeks.
- To help come down the fever, you can add the pulp of one banana to buttermilk (a glass). It is suggested to drink this solution two times daily.
25. Eat High-Nutrition Foods
It is very important to follow a special diet in order to provide your body proper nutrition. A healthy and good diet helps boost your immune system and balance your body’s electrolytes and fluids as well. What you need to do:
- Increase your caloric intake in order to provide energy.
- Eat foods rich in protein such as milk and eggs to aid your body recover.
- High-carbohydrate foods must be added in your daily diet to meet your body’s energy requirements.
- Drink soups, fruit juices and broths to replenish for the mineral loss.
Read on: The Book For Diet
- Add the juice of one lemon and some honey to one glass of warm water and then drink it at least two times per day.
- Drink fresh orange juice in order to maintain your body hydrated as well as cool.
- Avoid eating sugary items and meats for several days.
- Eat simple foods such as legumes with rice, porridge, grilled fish and raw or boiled vegetables.
- Add green vegetable soups and smoothies in your daily diet.
- Avoid eating raw vegetables and fruits that you cannot peel.
- Rinse your hands properly before eating food or cooking a meal.
- Always drink bottled or boiled water.
- Keep good sanitation and hygiene to restrict the spread of typhoid.
- Avoid stimulants such as caffeinated beverages, tea, alcohol, spicy foods and carbonated drinks.
- Avoid dairy and milk products if you have diarrhea.
- To improve bowel movements, you can add psyllium seeds (½ teaspoon) to one cup of warm water and then drink it.
To get more information related to effective home remedies for health problems, go to our main Home Remedies page. Try these effective home remedies for typhoid fever right away and be relieved of typhoid fever. You should use above remedies for at least one or two weeks to receive optimal results. After studying the writing of top 10 natural home remedies for typhoid fever, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to reduce typhoid fever fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any home remedy. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible.
Related articles on fever problems:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Gastroparesis
- A healthy nutrition plan for women of each age group is revealed
- 5 Home remedies for runny nose in children and infants
- How to cure asthma at home without medication – 6 tips
- How to treat foot blisters naturally at home – 10 tips
- How to treat bee stings naturally at home
- Top 15 natural motion sickness treatment tips for adult
- Top 16 tips on how to use honey for blackheads removal