Do you have stomach problems that make you feel uncomfortable? Do you want to know how to get rid of your upset stomach easily and quickly within days? Recently, VKool.com made a writing of top 15 homemade natural upset stomach remedies that are easy and safe to apply. This writing is a collection of effective recipes for treating upset stomach from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice, so make sure that you will consult with your medical practitioner before following some of 15 upset stomach remedies presented in this article.
Top 15 Homemade Natural Upset Stomach Remedies Are Revealed
1. Carrot & Mint Juice
Carrots provide nourishment and peppermints soothe your upset stomach. To make a remedy for upset stomach using carrot and mint, you will need to prepare:
- 4 sliced carrots
- 4 cups of water
- 1 peppermint teabag or 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint
Here are step by step instructions to make this remedy:
- You boil 4 sliced carrots, 4 cups of water, and 1 peppermint teabag or 1 teaspoon of dried peppermint.
- You turn the heat to a medium-low and then you cook roughly 15 minutes or until you see carrots are soft.
- If you are using a teabag, you remove it, and then you blend this mixture until it is smooth and enjoy
- In addition, you can add or a squeeze of lemon juice for flavor or a pinch of the ground ginger to further soothe
2. Rice Tea
If you want to settle an upset stomach or you want to stop diarrhea, you can make a rice “tea.” To make a remedy for upset stomach using rice, you will need to prepare:
- 1/2 cup of rice
- 6 cups of water
- a dash of sugar or honey and drink warm
Here are step by step instructions to make this remedy:
- You boil 1/2 cup of rice in 6 cups of water for roughly 15 minutes.
- You strain out the rice
- Then you flavor the water by using a dash of sugar or honey and drink warm.
- You enjoy!
3. Burnt Toast
Do you know toast is very good for treating an upset stomach? However, burnt toast is better in dealing with upset stomach because the char will absorb toxins, which are making you find ill. To serve this food, you can add a smear of jelly that makes it more palatable.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
A mixture of 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 cup of warm water, and 1 tablespoon of honey will ease your indigestion and help alleviate cramping & gas in your upset stomach. In addition, it can lessen discomfort that is caused by heartburn.
5. CRAP Diet
If you are feeling constipated, you should try the RCAP diet. This diet stands for “raisins, cherries, apricots & prunes,” all types of fiber-friendly foods, which you should get into your system to help move or ease your upset stomach.
You possibly do not crave anything dairy while you have a stomach pain; however, the probiotic quality of yogurt such as aka live bacteria will make it be a good cure because it helps ease digestive discomfort & boost your immune system. You just make sure that you choose non-fat plain yogurt with not flavors or added sugar when you are suffering from an upset stomach.
7. Caraway Seeds Tea
Caraway seeds can help stimulate digestion. These seeds are packed with minerals and vitamins that inhibit the growth of the bad bacteria, which causes gas, indigestion, or bloating and which contribute to your upset stomach. To make a remedy for upset stomach using caraway seeds, you will need to prepare just a handful of caraway seeds. Then, you nibble these seeds after eating your meal. You also eat them when you feel gassy.
These caraway seeds act in the same way as fennel seeds that help with digestion & gas. Either you can make a tea from these seeds or you can do in the same way as people in Middle Eastern countries do for centuries. To make a tea remedy for upset stomach using caraway seeds, you will need to prepare 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds and a cup of boiling water. Here are step by step instructions to make this tea remedy:
- You place 1 teaspoon of caraway seeds in a cup
- You add boiling water
- You cover this cup and then you let stand for 10 minutes
- You strain well and then you drink up to 3 cups a day
- You need to be sure that you drink it when having an empty stomach.
8. Fennel Seeds Tea
Whether you are suffering from indigestion, gas or bloating, fennel is one of the best options for you to choose from. To make a tea remedy for upset stomach using fennel seeds, you will need to prepare 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds and a cup of boiling water. Here are step by step instructions to make this tea remedy:
- You place 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds into a cup
- You add boiling water
- You cover the cup
- You let stand for 10 minutes
- You strain well
- You sip a fennel tea (drink up to 3 cups a day when having an empty stomach)
- You chew on a few of fennel seeds or you crunch on some raw
This tea will support your digestion, reduce gas, help with cramping & reduce nausea from your upset stomach. It also is known as one of the common prescribed tea for gas & stomach cramps by qualified medical herbalists.
9. Choose Veggies Carefully
Maybe you love broccoli; however, if you are having a problem with digestion, you should cut back it. There are a lot of vegetables you need to avoid when having an upset stomach such as broccoli, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower. These vegetables can aggravate your stomach pain. Furthermore, cabbage may also cause trouble when you have an upset stomach.
10. Eat Moderately
When you have an upset stomach, you should take your time to enjoy your meal & allow your foods to digest properly. Although stuffing your stomach may irritate it, but you do not skip meals because it lets acid build up into your stomach & may leave you with a sore tummy.
11. Increase Fiber Gradually
You should keep a high-fiber diet because it is very good for your health. However, you do not go too fast and too high, because a gradual change for high-fiber diet with a slow but continual fiber addition will aid your system in adjusting gradually.
12. Opt For Less Fat
When your stomach is acting up, you should reach for foods, which are easy to digest including whole grains & lean protein. You also need to avoid foods, which are fried, which are high in fat, and which can cause or even aggravate your stomach upset.
13. Some Herbal Teas
Some herbal teas that are recommended for your upset stomach are chamomile, catnip, ginger, green, cinnamon, fennel, lemon balm, valerian, yarrow, licorice, and sage. In a pinch, when you do not have tea handy, you can choose strong mints (such as Altoids) that can have a similar effect.
14. Raw Honey
The raw honey contains a lot of enzymes diastase, catalase, invertase, oxidase, glucose acid phosphatase & inulase, which aid you in digestion & assimilation. In addition, honey has been proven to be effective in against E. coli & Candida albicans. To make a remedy for upset stomach, you will need to prepare a tsp of honey and apple cider vinegar. Then, you combine them together and drink (raw honey will help you get the most active enzymes).
15. Improve Your Digestion With Hot Water
Hot water is one of effective upset stomach remedies for you to choose from. Here are step by step instructions to use hot water for upset stomach:
- You heat some cups of water on the stove, then you pour it into your hot water bottle
- You put this soothing heat on stomach after eating to help increase the circulation to your abdominal area
- When circulation is improved, it will help improve digestion.
To see all of our writings about home remedies for common diseases and conditions such as upset stomach remedies, insomnia remedies, and more, go to our main Home Health page. After reading the writing of top 15 homemade natural upset stomach remedies for people with digestive problems to choose from, hope that this writing helps you understand more about upset stomach, and know how to get rid of it naturally and quickly at home. However, it is solely for the informational purpose and it is not intended to give medical advice. If you have any question, or you know other homemade natural upset stomach remedies, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Sciatica miracle book review – is Adam Anderson’s book useful?
- Top 12 Health benefits of barley water
- The list of 10 foods high in cholesterol to avoid or moderate
- Cure your heartburn ebook review – will this treatment work?
- How to keep the respiratory system healthy – 23 proven tips
- Natural soothing foods for period cramps that really work
- Mineral oil for constipation dosage in children & its side effects
- Top 9 Methods On How To Treat Constipation In Dogs Naturally