Varicose veins influence an estimated 10% of men and 25% of women according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, .
Varicose vein is a common health issue in which there are some abnormally enlarged veins close to the surface of the skin. They usually appear in the thighs and calves when the veins develop poorly functioning valves or weakened walls, which regulate blood flow.
I. Home Remedies For Varicose Veins In Legs – Symptoms And Causes:
The condition can cause restlessness, fatigue, pain, and feelings of heaviness, tingling, throbbing, and burning in the legs. Many people also concern about the appearance of bulging veins.
Common factors that trigger varicose veins might include menopause, puberty, hormonal changes in the body during pregnancy, constipation, use of birth control pills, obesity, jobs that require a lot of standing, and heredity.
Surgical and medical remedies for varicose veins could be very costly. You can try some natural treatments to reduce the severity of varicose veins as well as relieve some of the discomforts caused by the symptoms of this disease.
Symptoms of varicose veins:
- Skin ulcers near the ankle, which can mean you have a severe form of vascular condition requiring medical attention
- Itching around the veins
- Worsened pain after standing or sitting for a long time
- Muscle cramping, swelling, throbbing, and burning in your lower legs
- A heavy and achy feeling in your legs
- Veins that appear bulging and twisted; often like cords on your legs
- Veins that are dark blue or purple in color
Causes of varicose veins:
II. Home Remedies For Varicose Veins In Legs – Best Natural Treatments:
In this section of the article today, I would like to introduce some of the best home remedies for varicose veins that people should learn and make use to naturally reduce the pain and itchiness caused by this condition. These home remedies are also especially good for pregnant women.
This is the first out of the home remedies for varicose veins in legs that I would like to introduce in this entire article and want my readers to learn and make use to deal with and even stop the varicose veins in legs within a short time.
The beautiful marigold flower is actually an abundant source of vitamin C and flavonoids that can help to boost the collagen production and aid in cell reproduction and repair. It can also help to enhance the blood circulation, thereby helping to reduce many symptoms of the varicose vein issue.
- Boil 1 cup of marigold flowers in 4 cups of water in about 5 minutes.
- Use 1 cotton cloth to soak into the solution and apply the cloth onto the affected area. Let it stay until it cools completely.
- Apply this tip several times throughout the day for about 2 – 3 months until you see the improvement.
You can also consume some petals of fresh marigold.
With this remedy, you can relieve the discomfort and swelling of varicose veins as well as minimize their influence. Besides, you should go bicycling, walking, or swimming regularly to enhance your legs’ blood circulation.
2. Grapevine Leaves:
Grapevine leaf has a rich amount of flavonoids, which can help to keep veins healthy. (click to tweet)This leaf also has homeostatic, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and astringent properties that are very good for dealing with varicose veins.
- Boil 1 cup of grapevine leaf in 4 cups of water within about ten to fifteen minutes. Let it steep for a while until it turns to be lukewarm.
- Pour the solution into a bucket and soak your feet in it for about 5 minutes.
- Put your feet in cold water for ten seconds.
- Apply this tip for about 3 – 4 times at a stretch, and end it with the feet soak in cold water.
- Afterward, in an upward direction, use castor oil to massage your legs.
- Finish by putting the legs in a high position for about 5 minutes.
This is also one of the best home remedies for varicose veins in legs that people should not skip. For good, if you are suffering from this disease, you should apply this home remedy in a regular basis and evenly to achieve good result soon.
Parsley is very abundant in vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that can help to boost the collagen production and support in cell reproduction and repair. It also has rutin, which plays an important role in enhancing the capillaries and thereby it is very helpful in relieving the symptoms of the disease.
- Boil 1 handful of chopped fresh parsley in a cup of water for about 5 minutes.
- Take out it from the heat, cover it and let it cool to lukewarm. Then strain the solution.
- Add 1 drop of marigold and 1 drop of rose essential oil.
- Put this solution in the fridge for several minutes.
- Using 1 cotton ball, use the solution to apply onto your affected area.
- Apply this tip every day for several months to see good results.
In addition, you can consume raw parsley as regular as possible.
This is actually also one of the best home remedies for varicose veins in legs that people should make use for good.
4. Horse Chestnut Seeds:
The horse chestnut seeds have been used for a very long time to cure varicose veins. Horse chestnut seed contains anti-swelling and anti-inflammatory properties that can raise the ‘venous tone’ successfully and in turn decrease the appearance of varicose veins.
The extract of horse chestnut seeds contains a compound called “aescin” that can help to improve the elastic strength of veins and prevent the release of enzymes which harm the capillary walls.
A review of clinical researches by the Cochrane Collaboration discovered that horse chestnut extract is a useful short-term cure for the signs of varicose veins.
· You can make use of horse chestnut supplements. The suitable and safe dosage for you is 300 mg – 2 times every day. Don’t take raw horse chestnut because it has high content of a toxic compound called “esculin”.
· You can also purchase the gel of horse chestnut seed which is sold in the market. Use the gel to apply onto the affected area externally 2 times every day. When you use this remedy on a regular basis, it can help to relieve leg swelling and pain significantly.
Note: Pregnant or nursing women should avoid making use of this treatment.
5. Witch Hazel:
Witch hazel is a wonderful herb that can help to strengthen blood vessels and thereby it can help to relieve the symptoms of varicose veins effectively. In addition to being an astringent, witch hazel has gallic acid and a lot of essential oils that can help to relieve the pain and the swelling in the legs.
· You can fill a tub with 10 – 20 drops of distilled witch hazel and lukewarm water. Soak your legs in this solution for about fifteen minutes or more. Then use clean water to rinse your legs off and pat the legs dry. Apply this treating tip once every day for 1 – 2 months.
· You can also soak a washcloth in witch hazel and use it to apply onto the affected area. Apply this tip 2 – 3 times daily for 1 – 2 months.
This is also among the cheapest yet most effective home remedies for varicose veins in legs that I want to introduce in my entire writing today.
6. Butcher’s Broom:
Butcher’s broom is also very powerful for reducing the discomfort and pain caused by varicose veins. This herbal remedy has compounds called ruscogenins that can help to relieve inflammation while constricting the veins thanks to its anti-elastase and anti-inflammatory properties.
You can consume 100 mg of butcher’s broom supplements 3 times daily. Created from the seeds and the roots of butcher’s broom, the supplements of this herbal contain vitamins C and vitamin B, as well as zinc, silicon, selenium, potassium, manganese, magnesium, chromium, and calcium.
These nutrients can help to strengthen, tighten, and reduce inflammation in the veins as well as improving the blood flow up the legs.
Note: People suffering from benign prostate hyperplasia or high blood pressure should not make use of this herbal remedy without consulting a doctor.
This is also among the most effective home remedies for varicose veins that I want to introduce in this article and want my readers to learn and make use for good!
Garlic is a great herbal remedy that can help to reduce inflammation and the symptoms of varicose veins effectively and quickly. It can also help to enhance the blood circulation and break up harmful toxins in the blood vessels as well.
- Slice up 6 cloves of garlic and place them in a clean glass jar.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the jar, and also get the juice of 3 oranges and add it to form a complete mixture.
- Let the mixture stay for about twelve hours.
- Shake the jar and take a few drops of this solution with your fingers. Use the solution to massage the inflamed veins for about fifteen minutes in a circular motion.
- Use a cotton cloth to wrap the area and let it stay overnight.
- Apply this tip every day for several months.
In addition, you can increase your fresh garlic consumption by adding garlic to your daily meals.
8. Olive Oil:
Increasing blood circulation is very important in the treatment for varicose veins. Using olive oil to massage can help to boost your blood circulation, thereby relieving inflammation and pain well.
· You should mix 2 teaspoons of warm olive oil with 4 drops of cypress essential oil and use this mixture to massage your affected area.
· You can also mix equal amounts of vitamin E oil and olive oil and warm the mixture slightly. Use this warm mixture to massage the veins for several minutes. Apply this tip 2 times per day for 1 – 2 months.
9. Cayenne Pepper:
Cayenne pepper is considered a wonderful herbal remedy for varicose veins as well. This is actually an abundant source of bioflavonoids and vitamin C, so it can help to boost the blood circulation and ease the pain caused by swollen, congested veins.
· Add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to 1 cup of hot water and stir the solution well.
· Consume this solution 3 times per day for 1 – 2 months.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is the last but very important out of the home remedies for varicose veins in legs that I want to release in this entire writing and hope that readers of Vkool will learn and remember them to make use in a regular basis.
Apple cider vinegar is actually a good remedy for varicose veins that people should make use. It can act as a natural body cleansing agent which can also help to boot the blood circulation and flow effectively. When the blood starts flowing naturally, the swelling and heaviness of varicose veins will be reduced to a great extent.
- Add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to 1 glass of water and stir the solution well. Consume this solution 2 times per day for 1 month at least to achieve good results.
- Use undiluted apple cider vinegar to apply onto the affected skin area with varicose veins and massage that area gently. Apply this method daily before bedtime and once in the morning. Apply this tip for about 2 – 3 months to relieve the size of varicose veins.
After reading the article that reveals some of the best home remedies for varicose veins in legs above, what you and my other readers should do next, according to my personal recommendation, is to spend more time reading another useful writing named 9 Natural Home Remedies For Leg Cramps – an entire writing that provides you and other readers of Vkool some of the best techniques and home treatments for leg cramps during pregnancy – one of the common symptoms of the varicose vein issue. The home remedies contained in this article are actually proven good by many people who successfully overcame this issue thanks to this article so readers should try one or more remedies in the list if they see any symptom of the leg cramp issue. This article includes totally different natural leg cramp killers that are very useful and do not lead to any unwanted side effects.
If you think that the home remedies for varicose veins in legs that I introduced in the article above are exactly what you and other people who are also suffering from this condition need and are looking for to deal with the current varicose vein issue, and if you want to share this list widely, you should feel free to do that to make use together with anyone you want. One more thing, do not forget to leave your opinions in the form below.This is the list of some best and most efficient home remedies for varicose veins in legs that might be good and necessary for many readers of VKool.com and even other people out there who are also concerning about the varicose veins problem. These home remedies are 100% based on nature so it will work well for you to deal with this problem yet do not lead to any unwanted side effect as long as you follow the tips and the steps to make use of them exactly.
Related articles to blood issues, including varicose veins, and how to deal with them naturally at home: