Moisturizers hydrate your skin and it is the key for beautiful and healthy skin. There are a lot of homemade face moisturizers that you can prepare for yourself at home. Homemade face moisturizer will not cause any harmful substances and particularly, the skin will be smoother and more beautiful than ever. This homemade facial moisturizer is easy to make. Furthermore, you can store them in your refrigerator for longer time period. In this article, VKool.com will show you natural cucumber face mask: 23 homemade recipes. The writing collected a list of cucumber face mask recipes from reliable sources. In this post, you will learn more how to make a cucumber face mask at home.
Homemade Facial Moisturizer Recipe: 23 Best Solutions You Should Follow
1. Aloe Vera Facial Moisturizer
A homemade facial moisturizer is not only cheaper it is also natural and work effectively. Here are detailed guides to make this homemade facial moisturizer for you to follow:
- 1/3 cup of aloe vera gel
- 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil
- ½ tablespoon of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- 10 drops of favorite essential oils
- Put beeswax, almond oil and jojoba oil in a double boiler.
- Next, heat all these ingredients until they melt. Combine thoroughly. Then, transfer them to one large bowl.
- Let this mixture cool at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix aloe vera gel and essential oils.
- Pour this mixture in this beeswax mixture and after that blend it with hand blender to create it consistently thick.
- Store this in an airtight container.
2. Daily Face Moisturizer With SPF
To make this homemade facial moisturizer, you can do as follows:
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- 4 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 4 drops of lavender essential oil
- 6 drops of myrrh essential oil
- 10 drops of carrot seed essential oil
- Mix all these ingredients in one mixer. Beat the mixture until it turns fluffy.
- Then, transfer it into one glass jar. Coconut oil has a SPF between 6 and 8, carrot seed essential oil has between 38 and 40.
3. Non-Greasy Homemade Moisturizer
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil
- 6 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- ½ teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of sweet almond oil
- 1/8 cup of beeswax
- ¾ cup of aloe vera juice
- Before you begin preparing the moisturizer, you sterilize your jars and containers, and keep them aside.
- Next fill one large saucepan with water and place this on stove to boil.
- Then, mix sweet almond oil, beeswax and coconut oil in a glass jar. Place this jar in your saucepan.
- After that, pour aloe vera juice in the other glass jar and put it in the saucepan.
- Then, heat until this wax melts in the oils. Afterwards, remove both these jars from this hot water.
- Mix melted oil-wax mix with this heated aloe vera juice, stirring often. You may also blend them with blender.
- Add essential oils and vitamin E oil in the lukewarm mixture.
- Transfer this prepared moisturizer to one sterilized jar and store it in the refrigerator.
4. Rose Petals Moisturizer
Here are detailed instructions to make this homemade facial moisturizer:
- 2 tablespoons of aloe vera juice
- Rose water
- 1 cup of rose petals
- In a vessel, you pour some rose water. Then, put rose petals in this and boil.
- Strain this mixture. Allow the liquid to cool down at room temperature.
- After that, add aloe juice to this. Stir well.
- Preserve it in your refrigerator for a little time and then apply on the face. This homemade facial moisturizer makes the skin looks fresh, and inhibits breakout of acne.
5. Milk And Olive Oil Moisturizer
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of lime juice
- ¼ cup of fresh milk
- Get one cup and fill it 1/4 with milk.
- Then, mix the extra virgin olive oil in this. Stir well.
- Lastly, add lime juice. Now mix all the ingredients well.
- This homemade facial moisturizer softens the skin, makes it healthy. It also sloughs off dead and grime cells, and renders one flawless look.
Learn more: 18 Benefits and Uses Of Olive oil On Skin
6. Aloe-Rose Moisturizer
In order to make this homemade facial moisturizer:
- 1 teaspoon of aloe vera
- 1-2 drops of rose essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1 tablespoon of carnauba wax
- In a glass bowl, you mix water, carnauba wax and jojoba oil.
- Meanwhile, boil a little water in a saucepan.
- Place the glass bowl in one saucepan and allow this mixture to melt.
- Later, take out this bowl from that saucepan and leave the mixture to cool down.
- Add aloe vera gel and rose essential oil. Mix thoroughly.
- The moisturizer is ready. This homemade facial moisturizer moisturizes the skin deeply and works as an excellent antioxidant.
7. Wax-Essential Oils Moisturizer
- 1 drop of jasmine oil or Ylang-Ylang
- 10 drops of Petitgrain or lemongrass essential oil
- 10 drop of peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract
- 2 tablespoons (25 ml) of aloe vera gel
- ½ cup (125 ml) witch hazel or distilled water
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vitamin E oil
- ½ teaspoon of stearic acid
- 2 tablespoons (10 grams) emulsifying wax
- 1/3 cup of jojoba oil
- Mix together emulsifying wax, stearic acid and all essential oils (exclude Vitamin E oil) in the Pyrex (heat safe measuring cup)
- Then, fill one pot with water and place the measuring glass in thus. Leave it to warm on one low heat and stir constantly. When the wax melts, you remove it from the heat and then add Vitamin E oil.
- In one separate heat safe measuring cup, you pour witch hazel and aloe vera. Stir well.
- Gently warm this witch hazel mixture in your microwave. Warm it till it turns lukewarm.
Note: If this witch hazel mix is too cold, this moisturizer will separate later. Thus, don’t skip this step.
- After that, pour this witch hazel mixture in this oil mixture. Stir constantly.
- Lastly, add the essential oils and grapefruit seed extract.
- Transfer this moisturizer in one sterilized bottle. Before you put the cap, ensure that this mixture is cool. Place this in a dark and cool place.
- Shake this bottle prior to using the moisturizer.
8. Homemade Ultra-Moisturizer
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 3-5 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 2 tablespoons any one nourishing skin oil (avocado, apricot, jojoba, or sweet almond oil)
- ¼ cup of Shea butter
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5-7 drops of carrot seed oil
- Melt this Shea butter in one saucepan on the medium-low heat. Next add nourishing skin oil to this and remove this pan from the heat.
- Then, transfer this Shea butter-oil mixture in one bowl and place this in the freezer. Allow it to cool so that this turns into semi-solid.
After around 15-20 minutes, you take it out of this freezer. Add essential oils and carrot seed oil to it. Whip till you get creamy texture. Don’t over whip it. Keep it in one jar at room temperature. Then, apply on body and face whenever required.
9. Honey And Fuller’s Earth Moisturizer
Here are step by step guides to make this homemade facial moisturizer:
- 2 spoons of fuller’s earth
- 1 spoon of honey
- 1 spoon of milk
- Mix all these ingredients to create a paste. Honey and milk moisturizes your skin from inside while fuller’s earth shrinks your open pores.
10. Marigold-Glycerin Moisturizer
- Marigold petals
- 1 teaspoon of glycerin
- Soak marigold petals in the water for about 2-3 hours.
- Then, mash these petals with your hands and next add glycerin to them.
- Now apply it on the face. This homemade facial moisturizer is also tone up the skin.
11. Strawberry Moisturizer
- Strawberries (cut and mashed)
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- ½ a cup cream or curd
- Combine together curd or cream, strawberries, and lemon juice.
- Put this mixture in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Apply on the face and allow it on for around 20 minutes.
Learn more: 23 Health & Nutritional Advantages Of Strawberry
12. Wheat Germ Moisturizer
- 8 tablespoons of wheat germ
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of dried chamomile
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- Soak dried chamomile in the milk for two hours. Next strain out this chamomile.
- Then, add honey and wheat germ.
- Mix well all of these ingredients to have a creamy texture.
- The leftover paste can keep in the refrigerator for up to a week. This homemade facial moisturizer shrinks your open pores and gets rid of the stretch marks as well as scars.
Learn more: 7 Health And Nutritional Advantaged Of Raw Milk
13. Avocado- Honey Moisturizer
- Few avocados
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 spoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of cream or curd
- Churn a few avocados in one mixer.
- Add cream or curd, honey and lemon juice to it.
- Refrigerate this for around 25-30 minutes.
- Then, apply it on the face and rinse it off after some time.
14. Walnut Moisturizer
In order to make this homemade facial moisturizer:
- Walnut seeds
- ½ teaspoon of cream or curd
- Grind walnut seeds and next mix curd or cream in it. Stir well.
- Then, apply on the face and neck. This homemade facial moisturizer will rejuvenate the skin instantly.
15. Oatmeal Facial Moisturizer
- 2 spoons of dark organic honey
- ¼ cup of cooked oatmeal
- 1 spoon of aloe vera gel
- Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Apply on the face for improving the moisture of the skin. You can keep the paste for a week in the fridge.
16. Lemon And Lavender Moisturizer
- 2 drops of lavender oil
- 2 drops of lemon oil
- 2 drops of glycerine
- 1/2 cup of purified water
- Put these ingredients into one bottle and then shake it up.
- Then, apply to the face and then preserve in the fridge to apply at a later time.
- This homemade facial moisturizer smells great and will make your skin moisturized.
17. Aloe Vera And Grape Seed Oil Moisturizer
- 3 teaspoons of aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon of grape seed oil
- Put these two ingredients in one large bowl.
- Then, mix them together till the oil and the gel have combined and after that store in one glass container to apply whenever you want to moisturize the oily skin.
18. Hydrating Homemade Facial Moisturizer
Here are step by step instructions to make this homemade facial moisturizer:
- White wax
- Rose water
- Essential oil of the choice
- Sweet almond oil
- Mix ½ ounces of white wax with lanolin (one ounce (about 28,35 g)) in a double pot or a glass pan. Heat this mixture over low heat till the ingredients are absolutely melted, for about 3-4 minutes, with regular stirring.
- Slowly add sweet almond oil (3 ounces) and rose water (1 ounce) to a mixture of lanolin and wax. Stir constantly while adding. Then, remove this pan from the heat.
- After that, add 5-20 drops of essential oil of the choice, if you need. If you agree to add essential oil, you select the one which suits the skin type. You can use a lavender or rose for dry to normal skin, peppermint or tea tree for acne-prone and oily skin, and geranium, nerol or rose for sensitive skin.
- Put this moisturizer in one jar and store it in your fridge if you aren’t going to use this within 30 days.
19. Heavy Cream And Peach Homemade Facial Moisturizer
What do you need:
- Heavy cream
- 1 fresh ripe peach
- Peel this peach and next take out the pit. Then, mash it to one pulp.
- Strain it through a sieve in order to extract all the juice.
- Mix this peach juice with an equal amount of heavy cream. You may keep this in refrigerator for a few days.
20. Honey, Lemon Juice And Coconut Oil Homemade Facial Moisturizer
This homemade facial moisturizer will leave the skin feeling silky soft as well as smooth. Honey is one natural humectant that means it attracts moisture as well as keeps this where it belongs: under the skin.
- 1 teaspoon of dark organic honey
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Mix the ingredients to one smooth cream.
- You can store this in your fridge for a couple of days
21. Whole Milk, Grape Seed And Egg Yolk Homemade Facial Moisturizer
This homemade facial moisturizer will also nourish and soothe your skin. Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup of whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of grape seed oil
- Mix all of these ingredientsto one smooth cream.
- You can store it in the fridge for several days.
22. Glycerin And Rose Water Homemade Facial Moisturizer
Here are step by step directions to make this homemade facial moisturizer:
- Rose water
- Mix 1 part glycerin and 2 parts rose water and make a lotion.
- Then, apply it nightly and allow it to work into your skin.
23. Peach, Coconut,Almond oil, Rose Water And Orange Oil Homemade Facial Moisturizer
This homemade facial moisturizer is particularly for dry skin.
- 1 fresh ripe of peach
- 1 teaspoonof almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of rose water
- 1/4 teaspoon of orange oil
- Peel the peach and next take out the pit. Then, mash it to one pulp.
- After that, strain through a muslin or sieve and add the rest of these
- Whip this till it becomes fluffy. You can store this in your fridge for a couple of days
Learn more: Health Advantages Of Oranges In The Body
To get more information related to effective ways for skin care, go to our main Home Skin Care page. After studying the writing of 23 homemade facial moisturizer recipes, hope that this article will help you learn more some ways to make homemade facial moisturizers. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other homemade facial moisturizer recipes to us.