Are you suffering from an oily hair or other hair problems? Do you want to know how to get rid of your hair problem naturally and quickly? Recently, VKool.com made a writing of 20 best natural homemade hair treatments for 7 common hair problems. This writing is a collection of treatment recipes for hair from reliable sources. However, if you have any health problem or skin issue, you should consult with your medical practitioner before following natural homemade hair treatments presented in this article.
Homemade Hair Treatments – 20 Best Natural Solutions For Hair Problems
I. Homemade Hair Treatments For Dry Or Dull Hair
1. Dull Hair Treatment With Yogurt
To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt and water
- Step 1 – you massage 1/2 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream into your damp hair
- Step 2 – you let it sit on for about 20 minutes
- Step 3 – you rinse off with the warm water, and then with the cool water
- Step 4 – you shampoo your hair as normal – you should use this treatment once a week
Learn more: 18 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Yogurt Consumption
2. Dull Hair Treatment With Banana & Coconut Milk
Banana is rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C and vitamin E and minerals such as potassium, zinc, iron & manganese. The richness of carbohydrates, potassium, & vitamins found in banana make it be a great remedy for creating a soft hair & for protecting its natural elasticity. To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare:
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut milk
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
You can decrease or increase the quantities depending on the length of hair you have.
- Step 1 – Mash the banana & avocado.
- Step 2 – Add coconut milk with these mashed banana and avocado.
- Step 3 – Mix well to make a smooth paste.
- Step 4 – Apply to your dull hair all over.
- Step 5 – Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Step 6 – Wash off with the lukewarm water
3. Dull Hair Treatment With Vinegar
To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare 3 to 4 cups of water and 1 cup of apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
- Step 1 – mix the vinegar & water to get a hair rinse solution.
- Step 2 – after washing hair with your shampoo and conditioner, you can apply the vinegar rinse
- Step 3 – massage it gently into your hair & your scalp
- Step 4 – let your hair ends get a liberal amount of vinegar rinse.
- Step 5 – let the vinegar rinse it on for a few minutes.
- Step 6 – rinse with the water and dry hair gently with towel
II. Homemade Hair Treatments For Itchy Scalp & Hair
1. Itchy Scalp & Hair Treatment With Lemon Juice & Olive Oil
If you are suffering from itchy scalp and hair, the acidity in the lemon juice can help you get rid of your itchy scalp symptoms. Besides, the olive oil can moisturize the skin on your head. To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare:
- 2 Tbsp of water
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Step 1 – you mix 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice with 2 tbsp of olive oil and with 2 tbsp of water
- Step 2 – you massage this mixture into your damp scalp and hair
- Step 3 – let this mixture sit on for about 20 minutes
- Step 4 – then rinse off with the water and shampoo hair as normal. This treatment recipe can be applied once a week
2. Itchy Scalp & Hair Treatment With Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has antifungal, anti-inflammation properties and antibacterial properties that are useful for treating itchy scalp. If you want to make this treatment recipe for itchy scalp & hair, you need to prepare:
- ½ cup of baby shampoo
- 10 to 20 drops of tea tree oil
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Step 1 – add from 10 to 20 drops of the tea tree oil to 1/2 cup of baby shampoo
- Step 2 – use it daily until you see the itchy condition of your scalp and hair is improved
- Another option: dilute 2 or 3 drops of tea tree oil in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, and then massage this mixture onto your hair and scalp. This remedy will heal a dry and itchy scalp with regular use within one or two weeks.
Learn more: How To Use Tea Tree Oil Correctly And Safely
3. Itchy Scalp & Hair Treatment With Aloe Vera
The Aloe vera gel has moisturizing properties that can help relieve excessive dryness & itching. You can use the fresh gel of aloe vera or you can buy this gel in any herb stores. To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare an amount of fresh aloe vera gel and water.
- Step 1 – spread an amount of fresh aloe vera gel into your hair and scalp by using your fingers.
- Step 2 – allow it to sit on for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Step 3 – wash your hair as normal with a mild shampoo.
III. Homemade Hair Treatments For Oily Or Greasy Hair
1. Greasy Hair Treatment With Cornmeal Or Cornstarch
To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare
- 1 tbsp of cornmeal or cornstarch
- An empty salt or pepper shaker
- Step 1 – pour 1 tbsp of cornmeal or cornstarch in a or pepper shaker or empty salt
- Step 2 – you sprinkle onto your dry hair & scalp until you have used it all
- Step 3 – after about 10 minutes you use a paddle hairbrush to brush it out completely
- Step 4 – shampoo as normal – this treatment can be applied once a day
2. Oily Or Greasy Hair Treatment With Tea Rinse
Directions to make this treatment recipe
- Step 1 – put tea leaves in a pan and boil them in a glass of water
- Step 2 – wait for about 60 minutes to make it cool
- Step 3 – after shampooing, your hair can be rinsed with this diluted tea mixture. You should know that tea contains tannic acid that acts as an astringent that help reduce oiliness. For this reason, you need to boil tea leaves with a glass of water. When you see it becomes lukewarm, you can apply the tea water on your scalp and hair, and then leave it on for some time
- Step 4 – rinse with the water and shampoo as normal
3. Oily Or Greasy Hair Treatment With Mint Rinse
Mint leaf is a product that is often used for removing greasiness of hair. Directions to make this treatment recipe:
- Step 1 – boil a handful of mint leaves with 2 glasses of water for about 15 to 20 minutes
- Step 2 – add this mixture to an amount of shampoo and then apply it on your hair
- Step 3 – rinse off with water as normal – mint has astringent properties that help remove excessive oils when applied on the hair
4. Oily Or Greasy Hair Treatment With Tea Leaves And Lemon Juice
Tea leaves with lemon juice is one of best homemade hair treatments for dandruff and oily hair. They also are good for a shining hair.
Directions to make this treatment recipe
- Step 1 – boil dry tea leaves in the water
- Step 2 – strain and then allow the water to be cool completely
- Step 3 – add the juice of 1/2 lemon
- Step 4 – apply this treatment on the scalp & hair and then leave for about 60 minutes
- Step 5 – wash your hair normally
IV. Homemade Hair Treatments For Frizzy Hair
1. Frizzy Hair Treatment With Mayonnaise And Avocado
To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare:
- Half an avocado
- 1 or 2 tbsp of mayonnaise, sour cream or egg yolks
- Step 1 – you mash up ½ an avocado
- Step 2 – you massage it into your clean, damp hair
- Step 3 – you let it sit on for about 15 minutes before rinsing off with water.
- Step 4 – you can amp up moisturizing power only by combining your mashed avocado with 2 tablespoons of a hydrating ingredient such as mayonnaise, sour cream, and egg yolks
- Step 5 – rinse off and shampoo as normal – this treatment can be used every 2 weeks
2. Frizzy Hair Treatment With Carbonated Water
The carbonated water (including soda water, club soda or sparkling water) is one of the best homemade hair treatment options for getting rid of frizzy hair. The carbonated water is created by using pressure to melt carbon dioxide gas in the water. This water has the low pH levels, which help fight frizz that is caused by humidity. To make this treatment recipe, you just need to rinse your hair with the carbonated water after shampooing. This water will help soothe and tame the frizz; however, you need to apply this treatment for quite some times.
VI. Homemade Hair Treatments For Residue-Ridden Hair
1. Residue-Ridden Hair Treatment With Baking Soda And Water
To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare
- 1 or 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- A small amount of water
- Step 1 – mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda with a small amount of water until you see a thick paste formed
- Step 2 – massage this mixture into your damp hair and then let it sit on for about 15 minutes
- Step 3 – rinse off with water, and then shampoo hair as normal – you can use this treatment every two weeks
Learn more: 13 Household And Beauty Uses Of Baking Soda
2. Residue-Ridden Hair Treatment With Vinegar
To make this treatment recipe, you will need to prepare:
- Empty shampoo bottle and a squeeze cap
- 1/4 or 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 8 or 10 ounces of the warm water
- Hair Conditioner
- Step 1 – mix 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar to 10 ounces of the warm water
- Step 2 – place it in an empty shampoo bottle
- Step 3 – shampoo your hair as normal
- Step 4 – rinse your hair thoroughly and then eliminate the excess water on your hair
- Step 5 – rinse your hair with the water and vinegar solution
- Step 6 – massage it onto your scalp & hair well
- Step 7 – allow it to sit on for 1 to 3 minutes
- Step 8 – rinse with water
- Step 9 – apply conditioner to your hair
- Step 10 – rinse with the warm water
- Step 11 – dry and style your hair
VII. Homemade Hair Treatments For Limp Or Fine Hair
1. Limp Or Fine Treatment With Beer, Raw Egg & Sunflower
Beer is a fermented drink that contains generous supplies of yeast that works to help plump tired tresses. To make this treatment recipe, you should follow the following steps.
Ingredients you will need to prepare are:
- 1/2 cup of flat beer
- 1 tsp of light oil such as canola oil or sunflower oil
- a raw egg
- Step 1 – mix 1/2 cup of flat beer (you pour beer into a container, then you let it sit out for about 2 hours to help deplete carbonation) with 1 tsp of light oil (sunflower oil or canola oil) and a raw egg
- Step 2 – apply this mixture to your clean and damp hair, and then let it sit on for about 15 minutes
- Step 3 – then rinse off with the cool water
- Step 4 – shampoo as normal – this treatment can be applied once a week
Learn more: 15 Homemade, Natural Hair Masks For Fine Hair
2. Limp Or Fine Treatment By Following A Healthy Diet
To treat a fine or limp hair, you only need to maintain a healthy diet that is rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals that are essential prerequisites for healthy & thicker hair. In addition, protein & B group vitamins, in particular, can promote thicker & longer hair. To keep a healthy diet, you just need to build weekly or monthly meal plans that include Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, beans, legumes, poultry, fatty fish, whole grains, nuts, seeds, and fresh green vegetables.
Learn more: 9 Easy Ways For Promoting Healthy Eating At Home
VII. Homemade Hair Treatments For Damaged Hair
1. Damaged Hair Treatment With Brewer’s Yeast
Brewer’s yeast can revitalize damaged and dry hair, restore its natural shine and glow, prevent hair loss and accelerate hair growth. In addition, it is rich in vitamins (such as thiamin, niacin, piroxin, riboflavin, folic acid, and biotin), minerals (including chromium, selenium, copper, calcium, and iron), and proteins, which are beneficial for damaged & weak hair. In addition, brewer’s yeast is necessary for proper hair nutrition. To use brewer’s yeast for hair, you can make the following recipe:
Firstly, you dissolve 1 to 3 tbsp of brewer’s yeast flakes or powder in ½ a glass of the warm extra virgin olive oil. Secondly, you allow this mixture to sit on hair about 30 minutes. Finally, you shampoo as normal. You can use this treatment once or two times a week
2. Use Avocados For Treating Damaged Hair
Avocado is high in fatty acids, lecithin, beta-carotene, protein and potassium. It also rich in vitamin A, vitamin B, and it contains vitamin E more than any other fruits. In addition, avocado helps deeply nourish and moisturize damaged and dry hair. To use avocados for treating damaged hair, you can make a recipe including ingredients such as 4 tbsp of olive oil, 4 tbsp of roman chamomile oil and a half of avocado.
Steps you can follow:
- Firstly, mash up ½ an avocado
- Secondly, blend it with 4 tbsp of olive oil (slightly warm) and 4 tbsp of laurel oil or roman chamomile oil (depending on hair color you have)
- Thirdly, massage this mixture into your clean and damp hair
- Fourthly, use a small amount on roots and a large amount of the ends of hair
- Fifthly, leave it on for about ½ hour
- Finally, rinse off with water and shampoo as usual
This deep conditioning treatment should be used for at least once a week.
3. Damaged Hair Treatment With Honey, Egg Yolk & Brandy
Honey contains minerals, vitamins & antioxidants. It also attracts and holds moisture naturally. Therefore, honey helps hydrate your hair, improve its elasticity and soothe the cuticle. If using honey, you will get a soft, shiny & easy manageable hair. Brandy can strengthen hair roots, improve blood circulation, increase hair growth, and aid in preventing hair loss. Egg yolk is an excellent natural remedy for damaged and dry hair since it penetrates easily into hair follicles and scalp. It also can coat the hair, keep the moisture in and replenish the keratin protein bonds, which UV rays attack. In addition, egg yolk is a good source of lecithin and protein that help moisturize and strengthen damaged and dry hair and stop breakage. Eucalyptus essential oil helps increase the elasticity of hair, and make your hair be stronger and more resistant to split ends and breakage. To make this treatment, you will need 2 egg yolks, 4 tablespoons of honey, ¼ cup of brandy, with 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil.
- Firstly, blend 2 egg yolks, 4 tablespoons of honey, ¼ cup of brandy, with 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil into a paste
- Then, apply this mixture into your hair & scalp
- Next, cover your head with the shower cap
- Then, leave it on for about 20 to 30 minutes
- Finally, rinse off and water as normal
4. Damaged Hair Treatment With Honey & Olive Oil
Ingredients you will need:
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 to 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp of avocado or egg yolk
- Step 1 – you will massage about 1/2 cup of honey into your clean and damp hair
- Step 2 – let it sit on for about 20 minutes
- Step 3 – then rinse off with the warm water
- Step 4 – you can add 1 or 2 tbsp of olive oil to help loosen the honey for applying more easily. If you have a sun-damaged hair, you should try mixing honey with 1 or 2 tbsp of a protein-high ingredient such as avocado or egg yolk that can help replenish keratin protein bonds, which UV rays attack. You should apply this treatment once a month.
To see all of our writings of hair care tips and remedies for hair problems, go to our main Hair Care page. After reading the writing of 20 best natural homemade hair treatments for 7 common hair problems, hope that it is useful for you. However, it is solely for the informational purpose, and it is not intended to give medical advice. Any person who decides to try anything contained within should first contact a medical practitioner for advice. If you have any question, or you know other natural remedies for hair problems, you can share them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Health benefits of cranberry juice and tea
- How To Naturally Regrow Lost Hair In 15 Minutes A Day Pdf Review
- How to treat fatigue naturally and get your energy back – 14 tips
- Rose water recipes for skin: top 13 simple recipes
- 20 Tips on how to use aloe vera for sunburn
- How to get healthy nails naturally fast at home – 20 proven ways
- 28 healthy ways to live longer and feel better – act now!
- 60 Healthiest Foods For Losing Weight