If you have a pair of dry, chapped and flaky lips, they will make you painful and uncomfortable. To get rid of this problem, you can find an effective solution by using several popularly available ingredients in your kitchen. You may use these ingredients to create the homemade lip scrubs. Your lips should be exfoliated frequently to remain supple and soft. Exfoliating lips is the best way to remove dead, dry, flaky, or chapped skin from your lips. Exfoliation is also able to minimize the presence of dark spots on the lips. After exfoliating your lips, they will look beautiful and healthy. That is the reason stimulating VKool to publish a new writing named homemade lip scrubs. This writing will provide you with full of information about how to make natural lip scrub recipes at home. Let find out the best lip scrub to get rid of chapped lips with us!
Top 10 Natural And Simple Homemade Lip Scrubs Recipes You Cannot Miss
The first of top 10 homemade lip scrubs is to use honey. The combination of honey and sugar is able to remove the dead skin cells from your lips and keep them moist. Honey has the moisturizing nature which aids in restoring the lost moisture of your lips to heal painful cracks. Plus, it has the ability to reduce the chance of developing the infection due to cracked lips. Besides, honey is capable of restoring the natural pink glow of your lips. Below is a couple of effective ways to make the homemade lip scrubs with honey.
- First of all, you mix 1 teaspoon of honey with a small amount of sugar.
- Then you use your fingertips to scrub your flaky lips with this solution in circular motions for several minutes.
- Now, you leave it on for 4 to 5 minutes.
- You clean up the lips with clean water and pat dry.
- Finally, you apply a little coconut oil on your lips and use this method once a week.
- You firstly mix 1/2 teaspoon each of honey, gram flour, and plain yogurt to create a paste.
- Then you apply the paste on your lips and wait about 10 minutes.
- Use your fingers to scrub off this paste and wash your lips with warm water.
- You should repeat the remedy once a week.
- Alternatively, you can also apply a little pure honey on your flaky lips and leave it overnight to get well-hydrated lips.
Juicy strawberries are known as one of the useful ingredients to create homemade lip scrubs. Strawberries can help clean up dead skin cells and make your dark lips become rosy. Moreover, they contain an abundant of the vital minerals and vitamins which are beneficial in keeping your lips healthy.
- You cut a ripe strawberry in two parts.
- Now, you lightly smash one part and gently scrub your lips with it for a few minutes.
- Next, you leave the strawberry pulp on the lips for 10 minutes.
- Finishing by washing it off with warm water.
- You apply the remedy at least 2 times a week.
- You can mix together 1/2 tablespoon of a little honey and mashed strawberries to make a paste.
- You apply this paste on your lips and gently scrub.
- Then you wash it off with warm water after leaving it on the lips for 10 minutes.
- You do this way 1 to 2 times a week.
Coffee grounds are another of the impressive ingredients for making homemade lip scrubs. Its texture helps your lips get rid of flaky skin and become soft as well as gentle. Besides, the featured aroma of coffee grounds is invigorating, which makes it a very popular option.
- At first, you put 1 teaspoon of ground coffee in a small bowl.
- You add 1 teaspoon of honey and a small amount of olive oil.
- You mix completely and apply this coffee scrub on your flaky lips.
- Now, you gently massage your lips for a few minutes and then leave the mixture on them for 5 minutes.
- You pat dry and use a lip balm after washing off with warm water.
- You should do this remedy once a week.
As you may know, kiwi is also one of the important ingredients for creating your own homemade lip scrubs. Kiwi plays a role as an amazing natural exfoliant for the unhealthy lips. It contains a plenty of antioxidants, particularly polyphenols and vitamin C that assist in nourishing your lips. Plus, the vitamin C also helps lighten your dark lips. Moreover, the little black seeds in kiwi are useful for scrubbing your lips and removing the flaky skin.
- In a bowl, you put 1 tablespoon of mashed kiwi and then add 1 tablespoon each of olive oil and sugar in it.
- You thoroughly mix it and apply this homemade kiwi lip scrub on your lips.
- Now, you gently exfoliate the lips with this method.
- You wash the lips with warm water before applying a moisturizing lip balm.
- You use this lip scrub 1 or 2 times a week to maintain luscious and pink lips.
Using baking soda is one of the effective homemade lip scrubs to exfoliate your chapped lips. It is able to clean up the dead skin cells, causing to dry and chapped lips.
- You put 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in a small bowl.
- Then you add a little water to create a gritty paste.
- By using your fingers, you gently rub this paste in circular motions throughout your lips.
- Now, you wash off them with warm water.
- Finally, you pat dry and apply a little organic coconut oil or a moisturizing lip balm.
- You repeat this way once a week.
Note: You do not leave baking soda on the lips for more than a few minutes because it may make your lips become drier.
Another of top 10 homemade lip scrubs is to use sugar. Because sugar is one of the readily available ingredients in your kitchen, it can be used to make an effective lip scrub or a good body scrub. The grainy texture of sugar has the ability to scrape away the dead skin cells from your lips. You should use brown sugar because it is little softer than white sugar for a lip scrub. If your lips are sensitive or sore, you try using superfine (caster) sugar that has extra-small and gentle grains.
- You firstly mix a small amount of sugar with a couple of drops of honey to form a lip scrub.
- You apply the coarse mixture on your chapped lips and gently scrub for several minutes.
- Then you rinse it off with lukewarm water and moisturize with a lip balm.
- You add equal amounts of sugar, lemon juice, and olive oil in a bowl.
- You mix thoroughly and use this mixture by gently scrubbing your lips.
- Now, you wipe it off with a wet tissue and splash lukewarm water on your lips before applying a little lip balm.
Note: You apply either of these homemade lip scrubs 1 to 2 times a week.
Almonds are another of popularly used ingredients for making soothing and effective homemade lip scrubs. Almonds contain the soothing and moisturizing nature which aids in supporting lip health and making them supple and soft. Besides, it is helpful for lightening dark lips.
- You put 1 teaspoon of ground almonds in a small bowl.
- Next, you add 1 teaspoon each of honey, almond oil, and refined sugar.
- You mix these ingredients thoroughly.
- Now, you apply this lip scrub on your chapped lips.
- You leave it on for 2 minutes, then gently scrub your lips by using a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- You wash off the lips with warm water.
- Finally, you pat dry and apply a little almond oil.
- You should follow this remedy once or twice a week.
- Also, you can gently massage your chapped lips with a mixture including equal amounts of almond oil and castor oil every day before you go to bed to get soft and pink lips.
Another of top 10 effective homemade lip scrubs is to use beautiful rose flower which blooms in the garden. Rose petals have the moisturizing, soothing, and cooling properties that are extremely beneficial for your dry and chapped lips. Plus, rose petals also contain a natural pink which tints to your dark lips.
- You combine 1 tablespoon each of milk cream and rose petal paste.
- Now, you mix it well and apply this paste on your chapped lips.
- You leave it on for 5 minutes, and then gently scrub your lips by using your fingers or a soft-bristle toothbrush.
- You wash off the lips with warm water.
- Repeat this solution 2 times a week.
Learn more: Homemade Rose Face Mask Recipe
Using aloe vera is also known as one of the impressive natural ingredients for making homemade lip scrubs. Aloe vera assists in getting rid of flaky skin from your chapped lips. It will help your lips to become soft and supple. Even it is also effective for dealing with dark lips. The soothing properties of aloe vera will rejuvenate the skin of your lips.
- You firstly take a bowl and put 1 tablespoon of powdered rice in it.
- You add a sufficient amount of aloe vera gel to create a paste.
- Now, you gently rub this remedy on your lips for a couple of minutes, then wait about 5 minutes.
- You wash it off with cool water.
- You use this homemade scrub once a week.
- For simple way, you can rub fresh aloe vera gel every day on your lips to soften and lighten them.
Read more: How To Use Aloe Vera For Skin Whitening
The last of top 10 homemade lip scrubs is use oatmeal. The typical grainy texture of oatmeal acts as a great natural exfoliating agent for your lips. Moreover, it contains the protein which is capable of preventing water loss to maintain the soft and supple lips.
- At first, you mix 1/2 teaspoon each of plain yogurt, ground oatmeal, and lemon juice.
- Then you apply the mixture on your chapped lips.
- Next, you leave it on for 5 minutes, then gently rub off this lip scrub by using your fingertips or a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- You wash off your lips with warm water and pat them dry.
- Finally, you apply a little coconut oil on the lips.
See more: Natural Oatmeal Face Mask
Natural Homemade Lip Scrubs – Additional Tips
Apart from the mentioned homemade lip scrubs, you can follow the additional tips below to keep your lips rosy and soft:
- You can use a clean and wet washcloth to scrub your chapped lips.
- You moisturize the lips by using a lip balm or just coconut oil many times a day as needed, particularly after meals as well as bathing and before going to bed.
- Don’t scrub your lips if you have severely chapped and dry lips.
- After exfoliating, make sure that you moisturize the lips to keep them soft and supple.
- Don’t exfoliate your lips more than twice a week.
- You limit the use of unreliable lip care products because they can cause dark lips.
- Remember that you should not lick the lips because this can make your chapped lips become worse than before.
- You should avoid smoking and drinking products which have high caffeine intake, as they can trigger dry and dark lips.
- You do not expose the lips to direct sunlight in a long period of time.
This is one of many writings related to lip problems published in our main Beauty page. You can find out more writings to help beautify your lips by visiting our page. If you have anything to ask us, freely let your comment in the comment box and we will answer you as soon as possible. Besides, you can share your knowledge about other ways on how to make natural homemade lip scrubs with us if you know. And let share this writing with your friends if you think it is useful. Thank you so much for always supporting us!!!
Related articles: How To Treat Chapped Lips Naturally Overnight
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 16 Ways on how to treat colic in babies naturally
- 32 natural stretch mark treatment tips at home
- 19 natural home remedies for fibromyalgia symptoms
- 6 Best effects of vitamin e oil for hair
- 12 Ways On How To Use Olive Oil For Acne Treatment
- 10 Natural autoimmune disease treatments that really work
- Homemade anti aging face mask recipe: 23 best solutions
- 11 health benefits of citrus fruits