Shaving has become a necessary part of the grooming process for women and men. While several guys choose to grow a beard and go razorless, most professionally oriented males will choose a clean shave daily. Even though you don’t necessarily need cream in order to shave, it certainly may help you avoid razor burns and nicks. There are multiple commercial shaving creams available on the market. But these shaving creams have toxic and dangerous ingredients which can end up harming your body and skin. Therefore, you should make shaving cream at home to save money and be safe for you. In this article, VKool.com will show you homemade shaving cream: 11 best recipes. The writing collected a list of homemade shaving cream recipes from reliable sources. In this post, you will learn on how to make shaving cream at home.
Homemade Shaving Cream: 11 Best Recipes You Should Try
1. Coconut Oil And Shea Butter Soap Free Shaving Cream
This homemade shaving cream looks and smells delicious and you’ll have much fun getting it ready. All the ingredients are natural and will secure the skin, rather than leading to chemical damage. Here are step by step directions to make this homemade shaving cream:
- 2/3 cup shea nut oil or Shea butter
- 2/3 cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 2 tablespoons of baking soda
- 15 to 20 drops of essential oils of your option
- The contents of 2 vitamin E capsules (optional)
- To start making this homemade shave cream, you take the Shea butter (2/3 cup) and the coconut oil (2/3 cup) and melt them together.
- Remove from heat and next add the oil (¼ cup) (olive or grapeseed).
- Stir this content well and, after it’s all melted together, you put in the drops of the essential oil.
- Then, mix these ingredients thoroughly and put them in your refrigerator to solidify.
- After this mixture becomes one solid, take it out and after that let it become a bit soft.
- For extra hydration, you can add the contents of 2 Vitamin E capsules and the baking soda as well.
- Use a mixer or a beater and beat the mixture till this looks like whipped cream.
- When you shave, use this in abundance. After you’re finished, keep it in a place away from the sunlight together with at a cool temperature.
2. Oil And Honey Homemade Shaving Cream
Homemade shaving cream is not only safe but also not expensive. Here are step by step directions to make this homemade shaving cream:
- ½ cup of honey
- ½ cup oil (almond, grapeseed, olive – your favorite variety)
- ¼ cup of castile soap (liquid form)
- Around 10-15 drops of essential oils for scent (optional)
- Get your bowl ready, next add all of these ingredients and then whisk them all together for some minutes.
- You will notice that they create an emulsion like substance.
- After that, pour the mixture into one dispenser.
- Use just one drop when shaving, as it’ll lather amazingly when mixed with a little bit of water.
3. Castile And Aloe Vera Soap Foaming Shave Soap
Here are detailed guides for you to follow:
What do you need:
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel
- 1/4 cup castile soap (liquid form)
- ¼ cup of distilled water
- 1 tablespoon of oil (olive or almond)
- Vitamin E
- Optional: essential oils
- Foaming soap bottle (about eight ounces)
- Take all the ingredients, next place them in this foam soap bottle and then shake it till they turn into one whole mixture.
- Ensure that you shake this bottle every time before using it for shaving.
4. Mint Rosemary Homemade Shaving Cream Recipe
To make this homemade shaving cream, what you need to do:
- ¼ cup of jojoba or sweet almond oil
- 1/3 cup of shea butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (virgin)
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Mixer / beater
How to make it:
- Firstly, take the Shea butter and coconut oil and place them in one saucepan on the stove, mixing them together till they melt.
- Then, place this melted mixture into one bowl (that is very safe for hot contents).
- After that, add the rosemary essential oil (10 drops), the peppermint essential oil (5 drops) and the jojoba or sweet almond oil (¼ cup) and stir thoroughly.
- Keep the bowl in the refrigerator until this mixture hardens a bit.
- Afterwards, take it back out and now use a beater or a mixer till it resembles one soft, pasty-like substance.
- Lastly, place the contents in one jar and use one lid to secure it.
5. Sandalwood Lavender Homemade Shaving Cream
To make it, you can do as follows:
What do you need:
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of castile soap
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
- 15 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of sandalwood essential oil
- Take all the above mentioned and place them in one bowl. Make sure that this bowl is not warm or hot.
- Use a mixer or a hand beater to blend these ingredients for a few minutes, till they form a fluffy-like texture.
- Take this result and keep in one jar or other kind of container.
- Ensure that you keep the homemade shaving cream away from the water, as it’ll speed up its expiration. It should last for 3-4 months if you keep it in one cool place.
There are many homemade shaving cream recipes in this article, keep reading it!
6. Conditioner & Shampoo Shaving Cream Recipe
To make this homemade shaving recipe, you should follow these steps:
- ¾ cup of conditioner
- ¼ cup of shampoo
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil (liquid form) /sweet almond oil
- 10 drops of your favorite essential oils
- Take the conditioner (¾ cup), the shampoo (¼ cup), the coconut oil or sweet almond oil (4 tablespoons) and your preferred essential oil (10 drops) and then pour them all into this foam pump.
- Shake this foam pump well, till all of these ingredients are combined together.
7. Lotion Shave Cream
Here are step by step directions to make this homemade shave cream:
- 1/2 cup of Shea butter
- 10 drops of essential oils of choice
- 1/3 cup of sweet almond oil
- First of all, whip shea butter in one bowl
- Then, slowly add the sweet almond oil while you whip.
- After that, add essential oils and then whip.
Learn more: Advantages Of Almonds For Health, Skin And Hair
8. Cream Soap Recipe
To make it, what do you need:
- 1 bar soap
- 1 teaspoon of Glycerin
- 4-6 cups of water
- 2 cups of vegetable shortening
- 10-15 drops of essential oils (optional)
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- Shred soap bar and set aside. Then, on low to medium heat, you place shredded soap into one pot with water (4 cups), adding more if needed.
- This soap will begin to dissolve in this water (the process will take around 20-30 minutes). Several of the soap pieces cannot dissolve.
- Once done stir in the glycerin and put into Styrofoam cups and allow the soap to cool; once this soap is lukewarm, it’ll begin to thicken and set. If you allow the soap to set, you just take it out of these cups, put in one microwave safe bowl for about a minute till it becomes liquid again.
- While you wait on the soap to cool, you start working on the whip. In one large mixing bowl, place coconut oil and vegetable shortening; start to whip the oils with the help of an electric mixer till all these oils are thick.
- Once done slowly add the liquid soap to this mixture, mixing together with adding more soap. Hold doing this till all this liquid soap whips into the cream.
- Then, fold essential oils into the cream soap and keep it in glass jars or an air tight container.
9. Homemade Shaving Cream With The Essential Oils
What do you need:
- ⅓ cupof Shea butter
- ⅓ cupof coconut oil
- ¼ cup of other oil (sunflower oil, olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil)
How to make it:
- Melt together Shea butter, coconut oil and your other oil in one small pot over the medium low heat. Then, stir to help this combine and mix.
- After that, remove mixture from heat. Then, add in the desired essential oils.
- Pour this melted mixture in to one cup Tupperware container. Then cover this container and refrigerate till hard.
- Place this hardened cream in one mixing bowl. Whip the cream using an electric mixer. Start on low and lift to high speed in order to get some air in to the cream.
- Return this whipped shaving cream to the Tupperware container. Lastly, seal and use!
10. Easy Homemade Shaving Cream
- 1/4 cup olive, jojoba, almond, grapeseed or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of aloe gel or honey
- 2-3 tablespoons of Shea or cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup liquid castille soap
- 2 tablespoon of baking soda
- Two vitamin E capsules (optional)
- 1 tablespoons of white cosmetic clay or Kaolin clay (optional)
- Essential oil (10-20 drops) (optional)
- On a low heat, you melt the oil and cocoa/ Shea butter together. Then, transfer to one room-temperature container and now stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix using an electric mixer for about 3-5 minutes, till the butter is creamy and light.
- Once cooled, if this content starts to separate, whip this for some more minutes so that this becomes creamy and light again
- Keep in an airtight container in one dark, dry space (cupboard) as not in use.
11. Bar Shave Soap
- 1 bar of handmade, natural soap (not regular soap)
- 1-2 tablespoons of white clay, kaolin, French clay or cosmetic clay
- 1 tablespoon of olive, almond, jojoba, grapeseed oil or aloe vera gel
- Grate the soap bar using a cheese grater and next melt with aloe vera or oil on a low heat, while often stirring
- Once this content has melted, you stir in this clay (this is effective for both hydration and lather purposes).
- Before this content cools, you pour into moulds and allow it to harden. This soap can last a long time!
Read on: Remove The Bumps Review
To get more information related to effective ways and recipes for beauty care, go to our main Beauty page. After studying the writing of 11 best homemade shaving cream recipes, hope that this articles will help you learn more a few easy and effective recipes to make homemade shaving cream. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other homemade shaving cream recipes to us.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 8 safe and quick tanning tips to get perfect tanning
- 20 Natural Home Remedies For Yeast Infection During Pregnancy
- 5 tips on how to treat dry skin on face & legs naturally
- Empowered transformation system review – is it reliable?
- Top 7 Ways On How To Use Buttermilk For Skin And Hair
- Top 19 Nutritional Benefits Of Tuna Fish For The Whole Health
- Ultimate candida diet program review -is Lisa’s book useful?
- 10 Benefits of healthy eating habits for teenagers!