Honey is a natural sweetener so that it is beneficial for diabetics. A few researchers at the Islamic Establishment for Education in Dubai, United Arab Emirates request that consuming honey can reduce the glucose levels. Hence, diabetes and honey are closely related to treating diabetes. Honey comprises of many medicinal advantages and is a great source of many essential vitamins and minerals. In order to understand more the methods on how to use honey for diabetics, read this article at VKool.com.
4 Simple Ways On How To Use Honey For Diabetics You Should Know
1. Honey, Neem Leaves, Basil Leaves, And Turmeric
Honey not only effective for beauty care but also great for curing diabetes. When consumed regularly the combination of honey, turmeric, neem, and basil leaves are excellent for keeping blood sugar levels. Neem leaves extract is really beneficial for promoting the insulin sensitivity in diabetics which enables your body to manage sugar levels in your body. Basil leaves help in increasing the insulin levels, preventing cardiovascular complications in diabetics and reducing glucose level. The potent anti-inflammatory properties in turmeric prevent the inflammation in your body from destroying insulin-producing cells. Thus, the combination of those ingredients will makes this remedy become effective for stabilizing diabetes. Here is the recipe to use honey for diabetics:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 50 grams of dried basil leaves powder
- 50 grams of dried neem leaves powder
- 50 grams of turmeric powder
- First of all, add the dried basil leaves powder in a mixing bowl. Then, add the turmeric powder and neem powder into basil leaves and now mix well.
- After this, keep all of these dry ingredients in one glass jar.
- For consumption, you need to take this dried powder mixture (1 tbsp) and mix it together with honey (1 tbsp).
- Early in the morning, consume this honey for diabetes mixture on an empty stomach.
- This process must be done every day for controlling blood sugar levels naturally in the morning.
2. Honey, Lemon And Ginger Tea
Ginger in this tea contains high levels of zinc that helps in secretion and production of insulin to curb the blood sugar levels. Lemon juice is also good for diabetics mainly due to its high vitamin C content. Vitamin C is a strong antioxidant that helps enhance the immune system of the body and contains a helpful effect on heart health. Additionally, lemon helps to manage cholesterol levels, thus protecting your arteries from plaque deposits. Last but not least, lemon juice is a good liver tonic. Thus, this combination is even excellent for fighting other bad effects of diabetes such as heart problems and blood pressure. The method to use honey for diabetics is:
- 2 or 3-inch piece of ginger
- 1 whole cup of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 lemon slice
- 4 cups of water
- The first step is to add sliced ginger pieces and water in a large saucepan.
- Next, put that saucepan on the heat and allow the ginger to simmer in water for twenty minutes.
- Then, take the saucepan out of the heat and now add lemon juice and leave it to steep again for about 20 minutes.
- After this, pour the warm ginger lemon tea in one cup and now add honey. Then, stir well.
- Finally, serve with a slice of lemon and enjoy this tea warm.
3. Honey, Bitter Melon, Lemon, And Ginger Remedy
Bitter melon in this recipe is a great time-tested ingredient for curing the diabetes type 2. Particularly, this fruit comprises of 3 active substances with anti-diabetic agents, including vicine, charantin, and an insulin called polypeptide-p. Those substances either act individually or together to aid lower blood sugar levels. The results of a 4-week clinical trial were issued in the Journal of Ethnopharmacology in January 2011, which indicated that one 2,000 mg daily dosage of bitter melon lowered blood glucose levels among type 2 diabetes patients significantly. Hence, this combination of honey for diabetics is also an excellent remedy for diabetics. The method is:
- 1 cup of bitter melon chopped
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- ½ cup of chilled water
- First of all, soak the pieces of bitter melon in salt water. The salt will help reduce the bitterness.
- Next, take the bitter melons out of the salty water and wash the bitter melon pieces by using plain water.
- Now add the rinsed pieces of bitter melon into a blending jar along with half cup of chilled water.
- After this, blend on high speed for 1 minute or until a smooth puree like consistency is formed.
- Then, pour this bitter melon smoothie into one glass.
- Afterward, add honey, grated ginger, and lemon juice and stir well.
- Immediately consume this smoothie for best results.
4. Honey, Fruit, And Cinnamon Smoothie
For diabetes patients, endocrinologists always recommend that breakfast is the most vital meal. Honey is a great natural alternative for including glucose to breakfast and keeping the levels of blood sugar in the morning. The fresh fruits, milk, cinnamon, yogurt and honey combination as a breakfast recipe acts wonders in curing diabetes. Here is the recipe that explains you on how to use honey for diabetics:
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of skim milk
- ½ cup of low fat yogurt
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
- First of all, peel the banana and next chop this banana into medium sized pieces.
- Later wash the strawberries and now cut it into two halves.
- After this, add the chopped fruits, yogurt, milk, cinnamon powder and honey into a blending jar.
- Now blend it on medium speed for one to two minutes or until a smooth puree is formed.
- Afterward, pour the smoothie into one glass and consume it immediately.
- Prior to switching to those natural honey remedies always consult an endocrinologist.
- Monitor the levels blood sugar frequently while trying honey for treating diabetes.
- Always consume honey as prescribed by your endocrinologist or in moderation.
To know a number of articles related to health problems, you can visit our main Health page. Aside from using honey for diabetics, you should maintain a healthy body together with do exercise well. Still considering honey for diabetics bad or good then try these remedies for stabilizing and treating diabetes naturally.