Eye strain is a popular health issue in the nowadays life. It can occur due to several of different reasons. Some common causes are reading in insufficient light for a long time without breaking or relaxing, staring at digital devices for long stretches of time, sleep lack, excess or less exposure to bright light, incorrect vision prescription, allergies, and some other kinds of eye issues.
How To Cure Eye Strain Headaches – General Information:
Eye strain can lead to several discomforts. Some symptoms of the eye strain issue might include increased sensitivity to light, headaches and pains in the back, shoulders, or neck, double or blurred vision, watery or dry eyes, difficulty focusing, and irritation or redness.
Normally, these symptoms will not occur in the morning, but when you do something that causes your eyes to strain for more concentration, it would appear.
Although there are a lot of over-the-counter medicines and eye drops that can provide some helps, there are also several natural methods and home remedies that can help you reduce eye strain as well.
With so many of us using computers for working every day, the eye strain due to the excessive use of computer has become one of the most common and main job-related complaints. Researches show that eye strain and other bothersome symptoms related to the eyes and the eyesight occur in 50% – 90% of computer workers.
These problems can range from increased numbers of work errors, decreased productivity, physical fatigue, to minor annoyances such as red eyes and eye twitching.
In this article, I want to introduce some of the best how to cure eye strain headaches that are proven effective for any case of this condition. The home remedies include:
This is the first out of the how to cure eye strain headaches that I want to share in this entire article.
Whole milk is actually a common home remedy that can help to relieve eye strain effectively. The fat in whole milk is very relaxing and soothing for tired eyes. In addition, milk would be extremely useful in relieving eye puffiness and irritation at the same time. To make use of whole milk, you just need to:
- Dip a cotton ball in cold milk.
- Use that cotton ball to rub over your closed eyelids and around your eyes for about 5 minutes.
- Try to relax and soon you will feel the cooling effects of cold milk on your affected area.
- Apply this method once every day if necessary.
Read more: Eye Floaters No More to know general information and treatment for another eye related disease.
Cucumber slices can also help to reduce and eliminate the symptoms and discomfort caused by the eye strain issue within a short time period. Thanks to its astringent properties, cucumber can help to soothe the tired muscles around your eyes, and this vegetable can also aid in reducing the dark circles and puffiness under your eyes as well. To make use of cucumber, you will need to:
- Put a medium-size cucumber in the fridge within about twenty to thrity minutes to make it cool.
- Cut the cucumber into thick slices and put these cucumber slices on over your tired eyes.
- Apply this tip once or twice every day
This remedy can also be implemented with potato.
Rose water can also work effectively as a natural relaxer for tired and strained eyes. It provides a very soothing effect. In addition, it can fade dark circles and reduce eye puffiness, as well as rejuvenating the skin around the eyes within a short time. To make use of this ingredient, you will need to:
- Use some cold water to splash your eyes and then use a clean towel to pat them dry.
- Dip 2 cotton balls in rose water.
- Lie down, keep your eyes closed, and put each wet cotton ball on over each of your eyes.
- Apply this tip 2 times every day to achieve great result as desired.
This is also one of the best how to cure eye strain headaches that people should know and apply for good.
Another fast and effective home remedy and tip on how to cure eye strain I would like to introduce is that people should make use of chamomile tea bags. The relaxing and soothing effects of chamomile can help to reduce your eye stress fast and effectively. It can even help to relieve the swelling around your eyes within a very short time period. You will need to:
- In a cup of hot water, steep 2 chamomile tea bags within about five minutes.
- Remove these tea bags, and place one on the kitchen counter and the other in the fridge.
- If you prefer cold remedy, put the tea bag which you put into the fridge before onto your eyelids.
- If you prefer warm remedy, place the tea bag you took from the kitchen counter onto the eyelids (closed) in about five minutes.
- Apply this method as frequently as you want.
In addition, drink two to three chamomile tea cups to reduce the headache which is also one of the most common symptoms due to eye strain.
This is also one of the best tips on how to cure eye strain headaches that I would like to introduce in this article and want my readers to learn and apply for good! In fact, a warm compress can help to relieve the symptoms of eye strain effectively within just a short time period. It can help you allow the muscles around your eyes relax, soothe dry eyes, and reduce the strain caused by long-time eye concentration. It is also very useful so that you can make use of it to reduce the pain and swelling due to the eye styes. You will need to follow these steps carefully if you want to stop the eye strain problem fast:
- Prepare warm water to dip a soft cloth in and wring out to remove the excessive water.
- Lie down with comfort, close your eyes, and use the warm towel to place on over the eyelids.
- Breathe slowly for one minute ad let your eyes and body relax.
- Change the washcloth and apply this method again from the first step three or four times.
- Apply this method once or twice every day until the symptoms of eye strain in your eyes gone.
Cold water is also very useful for reducing mild eye strain cases. It can help to relax tired muscles around your eyes, enhance the blood circulation, as well as reducing eye puffiness and swelling at the same time. Remember to take these steps carefully if you want to make use of cold water to relieve and eliminate eye strain:
- If you have puffiness associated with eye strain, you should apply a cold compress. Prepare a clean cloth to wrap a few ice cubes in. Put this bag on over your closed eyelids with a slight pressure. The puffiness will be reduced after just five to ten minutes of application.
- Close your eyes or splash cold water on and over your face whenever your eyes feel tired or strained. It will be able to quickly relax the hateful and stubborn symptoms in your eyes.
- To get a more concentraive remedy, you should prepare cold water to dip a soft washcloth in and wring out to remove the excess water. Put that cold washcloth on over your eyelids (closed) for one minute. Do it again and again if necessary.
Using cold water might seem to be too simple for many people, and this make them hard to believe in the amazing relieving ability of this method. However, in fact, it is still one of the best tips on how to cure eye strain fast and naturally so people should make use of it in a regular basis.
Regularly practicing eye exercises can also help to reduce the symptoms of eye strain. Exercising regularly can help the eye muscles become much more flexible, help to improve blood circulation to the eyes, as well as improving concentration and focus. In fact, this is also among the simplest yet most effective tips on how to cure eye strain naturally at home that I would like to introduce in this entire article.
- You just need to roll your eyes for a few seconds in counter-clockwise and clockwise directions. Have a break and blink the eyes. Apply this practice four or five times consecutively. Apply this method and ensure your eyes to practice exercises every few hours.
- You can also hold a pencil or pen at the length of an arm and keep your mind in it. As long as you can focus on it clearly, bring the pen (pencil) to the eyes slowly. Then move the pen farther from your vision. Apply this practice again and again for ten to fifteen times.
Remember to practice these exercises for eyes every day to prevent eye strain and improve your eyesight as well. This simple home treatment will be able to work well for every case of eye strain so you should apply it on a regular basis without concerning whether or not it is good for your situation.
Sunning is also a good technique that can help to relax tired and strained eyes effectively. The essential life energies of the sun are very great and necessary for your eyes. Sunning can also help the body in the vitamin D productive process of itself, which is also vital for human health in general. To avoid tanning, you should expose to the sunlight between 8a.m. – 10a.m. Concretely, you will need to:
- In the early morning every day, stand in a sunny place.
- Close your eyes and let the sunlight fall onto the eyelids.
- Feel the warmth on each eye and get the eyes moving counter-clockwise and clockwise, right to left, up and down slowly.
- Apply this method again and again in a total time of five minutes.
- Do this once daily.
- Follow this tip with palming
Note: During sunning, you should not wear glasses or contact lens. In addition, it is needed to practice palming after sunning for deriving and utilizing the maximum benefit.
The palming method will be revealed right now below. In fact, both sunning and palming, and their combination are the best home remedies and tips on how to cure eye strain headaches and eye strain symptoms naturally that people should try once!
Palming is very helpful in relaxing strained eyes, especially the condition due to the excess and long-term watching infront of the computer desktop, television screen, and laptop. or reading books for too long. The major target of palming is to give your eyes a restful state so they will not become tired. To apply this tip, you will need to:
- Choose a comfortable positions to sit up straight.
- Rubbing your hands together fast to warm them up.
- Close your eyes and put your palms which were already warmed over the eyes without putting any pressure on your eyelids.
- Enjoy the darkness and relax your eyes and body for about half a minute.
- Open your eyes slowly and look around.
- Do this again and again for three to five times at a sitting.
- Apply this method several times throughout the day.
This is the last but very important tips on how to cure eye strain headaches that I want to introduce in this article and want my readers to learn and apply.
To reduce eye strain, you just need to massage your eyelids gently every day. This can help to promote and boost the blood circulation to your eyes and also allow the muscles around the eyes to relax. Moreover, it can help to boost the tear glands at the same time, helping to prevent dry eyes. Here are some simple steps you must follow carefully and exactly if you want to make use of this home remedy to reduce and get rid of eye strain fast and effectively:
- Massage your eyelids and eye muscles (above the eyebrows) gently using your fingers within about ten to twenty seconds.
- Massage the lower eyelid gently against the lower bone also within about ten to twenty seconds.
- Massage the temple and upper cheek bones as well.
- Apply this method once or twice every day until you see your condition and its symptoms totally gone.
Note: You can also make use of or an eye cream or a few drops of olive oil to massage smoothly.
Another thing that I really want to recommend readers to do after reading this entire article and learning how you can make use of the best home remedies and tips on how to cure eye strain that are revealed above is to spend time reading one more article named 9 Natural Tips On How To Reduce Eye Strain Due To The Use Of Computer And Digital Devices. This is actually a revolution collection of the best tips and techniques that can also help you and other people who are suffering from the eye strain and are trying to seek ways to stop the condition naturally. In fact, these home remedies are proven safe and also very easy to apply right at the comfort of your own home without bringing about any harmful side effect. In addition, they do not require the use of any type of drug, pill, or medication so that people should not concern about it at all.
This is the list of some of the best home remedies and natural tips on how to cure eye strain headaches fast at home that might be very useful for readers of VKool.com and other people who are also seeking ways to combat the eye strain problem without using any type of drugs, pills, and medications or consulting doctors. These home remedies are also very simple and affordable so that you will not need to spend too much time, money, and effort applying them. They are proven 100% safe and simple to implement, as well as totally based on nature so that my dear readers should feel secure about this.
If you think that the natural tips on how to cure eye strain headaches fast that I introduced in the entire article today are really what you are seeking to improve and get rid of your eyes strain problem fast and effectively, or if you want to share this list and the home remedies it reveals with other people you know who are also concerning about the eye strain problem just like your own case, you can totally feel free to share this article and the knowledge it provides with anyone you want to make use together. Remember to leave your comments and feedbacks below to show me your own opinions.
Related articles about eyes related issues and problems, including how to cure eye strain, how to prevent, and how to deal with them at home:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Rice kheer recipe: 15 easy and simple dishes
- Salads for weight loss – top 13 healthy easy salad ideas
- 9 Ways on how to stop frequent urination naturally at night
- High calorie foods – fast food items with 1000 calories and more (infographic)
- 10 natural home remedies for nosebleeds in children
- Good & bad foods for diarrhea, vomiting and constipation
- Top 10 health benefits of salmon fish you should not miss!
- 41 Tips on How to Remove Dead Skin Cells from Face and Body