Oftentimes, boils happen on the inner thigh and on the face, armpit, back of the neck, throat and buttocks. To put it simply, boils are small bumps with yellow or white centers which could spread to other skin areas. Boils could be an unsightly bother, yet for most part they are rather harmless. They just stick around for several weeks, and could be cured by some natural remedies you could find in your home. However, in case your boil is resistant to remedy, and does not disappear in 2 weeks or so, and also causes a fever, you had better consult your doctor for appropriate diagnosis and treatment.
With the purpose of helping you find out the most easiest and affordable ways to remove boils at home, VKool.com introduces some natural home remedies. Take a look to see how to get rid of boils on face, buttocks and back fast here!
How To Get Rid Of Boils On Face, Buttocks And Back – 21 Fast Tips For Boil Cure
1. Back seed
6. Burdock root
7. Castor oil
10. Betel leaves
12. Warm Compress
13. Tea Tree Oil
18. Epsom Salt
20. Milk Cream
Black seed is very popular for naturally treating various skin infection types, including boils. Black seed owns medicinal properties, giving you a relief from pain which caused due to boils. Click To Tweet Also, commonly known as black cumin, black seeds are produced from the Nigella Steiva plant. They have been used in South Asian and Middle Eastern countries for several medicinal purposes. These seeds contain a rich source of nutrients and this black seed oil contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties which have the ability to strengthen your immune system.
Many researchers have found that an active component named as Thymoquinone in black seed possesses anti-fungal properties, which effectively treat skin infections.
- You simply take a few black seeds and then grind them to make a paste.
- Next, you apply this paste directly on your affected skin area.
- Or you can take 1/2 teaspoon of black seed oil and mix it with any cold or hot beverage
- You drink this mixture twice per day to get rid of boils.
Another of top 21 natural ways on how to get rid of boils is to use bread poultice. It will help you to bring boils to the head as well as ease inflammation. When you apply this way, the heat from it will also aid in increasing circulation, which sends white blood cells fighting infection.
- You firstly soak 1 or 2 pieces of bread in warm water or milk.
- Then you apply this to your affected area and leave it for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Keep repeating this process twice per day until boils are removed completely.
Potatoes have a rich amount of iron, calcium, phosphorus, manganese, vitamin C, B – complex vitamins, and magnesium, which is very effective for treating several skin-related and health problems. Besides, potatoes also contain alkaloids, tannins, and flavonoids that will ensure a healthy overall skin. Plus, the anti-inflammatory properties contained in potatoes also give you a relief from pain.
- You take a potato and then cut it into many thin slices.
- Then you put these slices directly on your affected area.
- Let it aside for 5 to 7 minutes and replace with other fresh slices.
- You should repeat this way twice a day to get the best results.
Note: You may follow this way before the bedtime by putting potato slices on your affected skin and use a cloth to wrap it and let it stay for overnight.
Echinacea contains antitumor, antibacterial, immune-stimulant, andantiviral properties. It is directly responsible for inhibiting the staphylococcus aureusm, which is a bacterium forming boils. Besides, the echinacoside content in Echinacea is a strong compound that can fight against infection and boils. However, you should consult your doctor to have proper doses before including it in any form. Here is an effective way on how to get rid of boils you can follow:
- At first, you add Echinacea (1 teaspoon) in 1 cup of lukewarm water and steep for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Next, you strain the water and drink this twice a day.
- Or you may apply this Echinacea tea directly on your affected area.
Note:Avoid using this herbal remedy for women during pregnancy or are breastfeeding.
You cannot use it if you are allergic to ragweed, daisies, marigolds or chrysanthemums.
In traditional Chinese medicine, Japanese honeysuckle is commonly used for curing health problems such as cold, fever, inflammation, swelling, boils, sores, and bacterial and viral infections. This natural herb works as beneficial antibiotic thanks to the chlorogenic acid content in it. Besides, Japanese honeysuckle also has Luteolin that works as an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant agent treating boils and relieving pain. You can use Japanese honeysuckle stems, leaves, and flowers in various forms such as tincture, tea, infusion, decoction, etc.
- 15 to 30 grams of dried honeysuckle stems
- 600ml of water
- Sieve or cheesecloth
- You just put the honeysuckle stems in an empty jar and pour water to it.
- Allow it to steep for 2 to 3 hours or overnight.
- After that, you use the sieve or cheesecloth to strain the liquid.
- You apply this liquid to your affected area and let it dry.
- Finally, you rinse off with clean water and use a soft towel to pat dry.
- Keep doing this regularly to get the significant results.
Burdock root is another of top 21 ways on how to get rid of boils. Burdock root owns antibiotic and blood-purifying properties which treat acne, boils, canker sores, and pimples by removing the toxins as well as keeping infection and swelling at bay.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh burdock root 1 tablespoon of dried root
- 3 cups of water
- If you use fresh burdock root, you have to scrap it with the rough edge of your knife to clean it.
- Then you chop it and boil the chopped root in water and simmer for about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Next, you strain the water and drink once per day.
- Or you may use this lukewarm water to wash boils for 3 or 4 times daily.
Note: Women during pregnancy or are breastfeeding and people suffering from cardiovascular diseases and diabetes should avoid using this herb.
Generally extracted from the Ricinus Communis seeds, castor oil is widely used for treating many skin ailments as well as chronic pain. In fact, castor oil has Ricinoleic, which is known as an anti-inflammatory agent. It also owns anti-viral and antibacterial as well as antifungal properties, which makes become an effective tip on how to get rid of boils.
- You apply some castor oil drops directly to your affected area by using 1 cotton ball.
- Then you cover your affected skin with a bandage or gauze.
- Allow it to sit for 3 or 4 hours or during overnight.
- You should do this again on a regular basis and you will see an improvement.
Parsley is very beneficial in treating boils quickly because it possesses antifungal, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. If you apply parsley regularly, it will help you to soothe your inflamed or irritated skin.
- You firstly put some parsley leaves in water and boil this for a few minutes.
- After that, you let the water cool and then wrap these leaves in a cloth.
- Now, you apply this directly to the affected skin area and wait for 2 to 3 hours and remove it.
- You should do this regularly to get rid of boils completely.
Nutmeg assists in stimulating blood circulation which fights bacterial infection and the anti-inflammatory properties contained in it will treat the swelling or pain related to boils. Here is an effective way on how to get rid of boils with nutmeg you can try applying:
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of hot milk or water
- You simply mix ground nutmeg well with hot milk or water.
- You stir well and then consume this mixture regularly to get rid of boils.
Read more: Natural skin infection treatment at home
The leaves of betel are used widely for curing many skin and health problems because they own various medicinal properties. These leaves have tannins along with other essential oils which are capable of preventing infection and healing your skin.In addition, they also contain antiseptic, anti-protozoan, antibacterial, and antifungal properties which aid in drawing the pus from boils as well as clearing toxins quickly.
Way 1: Betel leaf and castor oil
- First of all, you make a betel leaf warm and then apply a few drops of castor oil on the layer of this leaf.
- Then you put this warm leaf directly on your boil area.
- You use a bandage or clean cloth to cover it and wait for 2 hours.
- Next, you take this out of your skin and replace with a new leaf for another two hours.
Way 2: Betel leaf and water
- You firstly tear 2 to 4 betel leaves into pieces and then boil them in 1/2 cup of hot water for 12 to 15 minutes.
- After the boiled water becomes cool, you strain out the water and mash these betel leaves into a fine paste.
- You rub this betel leaf paste to your affected area and use a gauze or bandage to cover it.
- You wait for 2 hours and reapply this paste for another two hours.
You should apply either of two ways on how to get rid of boils with betel leaf for twice a day to cure this condition.
In fact, boils are a condition of bacterial infection because of a weak immune system. Hence, you should have a proper diet to defense against all medical and skin ailments.
You should consume:
- Fresh fruits, organic vegetables, and green leafy
- Foods that have a rich source of vitamin C such as citrus fruits, berries, melons, kiwi, peas, peppers, spinach, pineapple, tomatoes, winter squash, and sweet potatoes. You should also have an intake of 3000 mg vitamin C daily to help in treating bacterial infection.
- Foods that are loaded with vitamin E such as almonds, pine nuts, Swiss chard, raw seeds, kale, mustard green, hazelnuts, plant oils, olives, avocado, dried herbs, and wheat.
- Foods that contain a large amount of vitamin A such as iceberg lettuce, carrots, paprika, cod liver oil, whole milk, turkey liver, kale, mango, dried apricots, cantaloupe, dried marjoram, tomatoes, papaya, peaches, oatmeal, and dandelion greens.
- Foods that are high in Phytonutrients such as barley, spirulina, wheat grass, chlorella, chicory root, and kelp.
- Foods that can detoxify your lungs such as artichoke, dandelion, kelp, peppermint, burdock, and milk thistle.
- Foods containing zinc such as dark chocolates, cocoa, mushrooms, beans, chicken, pork, seafood, nuts, and toasted wheat germ.
You should not consume:
- Foods rich in sugar and fat such as chocolates, cakes, and white bread.
- Carbonated or caffeinated beverages.
This might be the easiest manner when it comes to learning how to get rid of boils. Heat application will improve your blood circulation and let the antibodies and white blood cells to defeat the infection more quickly.
You just need to soak a cloth in the warm water, then squeeze out excess water, press it over your boils. It is recommended that you should apply this method throughout the day till you get good results.
Also, remember to clean your affected area and apply the medicated ointment in order to prevent any further infection.
An excellent remedy for boils on face, and inner thighs is tea tree oil. This is well-known for its strong anti-bacterial, antiseptic, and antifungal properties.
You just need to soak a cotton swab in the tea tree oil. Then, dab it onto your affected skin area. Just apply this method for a few times per day to get the good results.
As an alternative, you could mix several drops of the tea tree oil with a small amount of water. Add a little bit lavender oil if you love. Then, soak a wash cloth into that solution and use it as a compress on your infected skin for 10 minutes or so. Apply this method a few times per day as necessary.
Related articles about skincare:
With its anti-inflammatory and anti-septic properties, turmeric could increase the healing process of a boil. Additionally, the curcumin compound in turmeric can relieve pain.
You just need to mix a small amount of turmeric powder with a small amount of water to create thick paste. Then, you apply the paste over your affected skin area and wait for at least 20-30 minutes before rinsing it off with water. After a few days, you will notice good results.
Another option for you is to add ½ tsp of turmeric powder to 1 glass of milk. Then, boil that mixture up and drink it twice per day to get a natural relief from pain and inflammation resulted by boil.
You can apply both two above tips on how to get rid of boils with turmeric to help improve your condition.
Being well-known for antiseptic properties, onions can help fight the skin infection and boost the healing process. If the juice of onions comes in contact with the affected area, it could act as a natural irritant and antimicrobial agent, helping draw out the head from your boils and enhance eruption. Also, it helps decrease inflammation and lessen pain as well.
You should cut a fresh onion into many thick slices. Then, put the onion slices over your boils, cover them using a cloth.
After 2-3 hours, you change the onion slices. Do it till your boils erupt and drain.
Check out: tips to reduce dark circles under eyes
Regarding natural ways on how to get rid of boils, neem might be lesser well-known, yet it does work well. Also having the antiseptic and antibacterial properties, neem, aka India lilac, is effective in curing boils on inner thighs.
You just need to wash and then grind a small amount of neem leaves into the good paste. After that, add a small amount of turmeric powder to it. Next, you apply the final mixture onto your affected skin area. Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it off. Do this several times per day to get quick results.
Alternatively, you could boil a few neem leaves in the pan which is filled with plain water. Boil till the water evaporates and just 1/3 of the original remains. Then, let it cool and strain it. To remove boils, you rinse your affected skin area with this solution for several times per day.
This is a rescue for your boils on the face and buttocks. Thanks to its absorptive properties, it is extremely effective in curing boils for a few times of application.
You just need to mix one spoonful of the cornmeal with a proper amount of hot water, creating a good thick paste. Then, you apply the paste over your affected skin area. Cover it up with a towel. Wait for 20 minutes before rinsing it off with lukewarm water.
Repeat this routine for a few times per day to get the best results possible.
Do you want to speed up the drainage of stubborn bacteria causing your boils? If so, you should not skip Epsom salt. Epsom salt is a natural way on how to get rid of boils. It is highly absorbent which can help draw out the impurities and toxins from your skin.
Just simply dissolve ¼ cup of the Epsom salt in about 2 cups of the warm water. Then, dip a washcloth in that solution and place it over your boils. Wait for 15 minutes before rinsing it off. Apply this method for several times per day till you get boils rid of your skin.
Another choice is to take a bath in the warm water which is well mixed with Epsom salt. You had better soak your affected skin areas in this solution for about 15 minutes, do this twice or thrice per day for several days.
Read more: useful ways to get clear skin
Not only will apple cider vinegar help you fight skin infections, but it also helps moisturize your skin as well. Thus, it is a good solution for boils on back. It acts as an antimicrobial and antiseptic agent, fighting skin issues.
You could dilute a small amount of ACV with water before using a cotton ball to apply the solution over your affected skin area. Do it for a few times per day till your boils open up and then drain.
For another choice, you could mix the equal amount of each ACV and honey to create a good mixture. Then, apply this mixture over your affected skin. Wait for 20 minutes before rinsing it off wither tepid water. Do it twice per day.
A great poultice for boils is milk cream. This could help you soften the skin surface of the boils, thereby breaking the head and the pus will as a result flow out. Now, you can try applying either of two ways on how to get rid of boils below with milk cream to remove boils fast:
You just need to apply some fresh milk cream over your boils. Wait for 30 minutes before rinsing it off wither plain water. Do this routine for a few times per day till you get boils rid of your skin.
Alternatively, to get faster result, you could mix 1 tsp of milk cream, 1 tsp of white vinegar and a proper amount of turmeric powder together. Apply this paste over your affected skin area. Wait for 20 minutes. Repeat this several times per day so you could speed up the healing process.
Similar to the tips above, when it comes to skin infection treatment, in general, and boil treatment, in particular, garlic always works wonder because of its antibacterial properties.
You just need to crush 2-3 cloves of garlic to take out the juice. Apply the garlic juice over your affected skin area. Wait for several minutes and rinse it off. Do twice or thrice per day to get the best result possible.
Along with applying some of the recommended tips on how to get rid of boils on face, buttocks and back above, you need to take some preventive measure for boils like clean personal hygiene, avoid fat and sugar rich foods, etc.
How to get rid of boils – Tips and precautions:
You should follow some additional tips and precautions below to get the best effective results on how to get rid of boils:
- Use anti-bacterial soap or hand sanitizer to wash your hands regularly.
- Always keep your clothes and towels clean and dry. You should not share your clothes, towels, or bedding with others.
- You should also exfoliate your skin regularly to help in clearing sweat ducts.
- Avoid squeezing or lancing a boil because it will cause swelling, pain and spread the infection condition to the other areas, which makes your problem worse.
- Do not forget to gently rinse your boils and their surrounding areas every day to prevent the buildup of bacteria and oil on the surface of your skin.
- Always remember to clean wounds and cuts immediately to get rid of bacteria and then use a bandage to cover them in order to stimulate the healing process.
- You can apply colloidal silver cream to your affected area 2 times daily because it is a natural disinfectant.
- Apply anti-bacterial ointments or creams directly on your affected skin and cover it. You should let it drain naturally.
- Remember to frequently drink hot water to remove harmful bacteria from your body.
- You should consult a doctor or healthcare provider immediately if your condition does not have any improvement within 3 or 4 days or when you suffer from increased pain or fever.
You have read the writing about top 21 ways on how to get rid of boils on face, buttocks, and back fast.If you have any idea about this How To article, you could leave your words below this post. We will feedback as soon as possible.Also, if you know other ways on how to get rid of boils fast, let share your experiences with us.