Eczema is the skin infection in which the human skin gets itchy, dry, cracked and reddened. This chronic condition impacts both men and women and majorly impacts children. Also known as atopic dermatitis or atopic eczema, it is estimated that about 30% of the skin diseases diagnosed is eczema. This condition happens in any body part and often is a long term disease. The disease’s intensity increases at some life stages and it requires intense treatment. Eczema could be triggered as an allergic response to different situations and substances.
In the earlier article posted on VKool.com, you have known some home remedies for eczema which have been received a lot of positive feedbacks from people worldwide. Now, supposed that you have successfully treated eczema and you want to know how to get rid of eczema scars on legs & body naturally, then you should read on the following list because we will introduce to you some of the most effective ways to remove eczema scars fast with ease. Just take a look!
How To Get Rid Of Eczema Scars On Legs & Body Naturally – 22 Fast Methods
2. Lemon Juice
4. Fish Oil
5. Almond Oil
7. Orange Peel
8. Vitamin E
9. Coconut Oil
10. Avocado Oil
11. Lavender Oil
13. Onion Extract
17. Indian Lilac
20. Aloe Vera
21. Baking Soda
22. Olive Oil
The first tip on how to get rid of eczema scars is Shea butter. Shea butter is loaded with a rich source of vitamin A and vitamin E as well as keratin, which aids in keeping your skin hydrated and thus healing eczema scars. Shea butter is also capable of rebuilding and rejuvenating your skin while removing eczema scars quickly.
- You simply mix Shea butter together with fresh lemon juice at the ratio of 2:1 until they form a fine paste.
- Then you evenly apply it directly on your affected skin and let it stay overnight.
- Apart from Shea butter, you can also use cocoa butter. Often known as a restorative cream for the skin, cocoa butter can help to lighten your dark scars.
Lemon juice is another way on how to get rid of eczema scars effectively and naturally at home. This juice contains acidic in nature which acts as a naturally powerful antiseptic to aid in lightening the spots on your skin. Besides, lemon juice is also loaded with various biological properties that may be also used to heal eczema scars. This treatment works brilliantly and is very easy to apply.
- To apply it, you firstly rinse your skin cleanly.
- Now, you take a fresh lemon and extract its juice.
- You apply this directly on your skin, depending on your condition.
- Allow it to stay on there for 10 minutes or more without disturbing it.
- Or you can mix lemon juice and sugar at an equal ratio to form a mixture and apply this before the bedtime and rinse off in the next morning.
How to get rid of eczema scars with mixed fruit paste? All of us know that fruits are very good for our health. They can provide us with several health benefits and protect against many diseases. Moreover, fruits are proven to have the ability to treat eczema scars, particularly strawberries, mangoes, and bananas.
- You just prepare mango and bananas pulp along with some strawberries and crush them together.
- Now, you clean the skin and apply this paste on there for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Finally, you rinse off with water and remember to do it every day to get a significant effect.
One of the favorite ways on how to get rid of eczema scars is to use fish oil. Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids which are beneficial in healing the inflammatory symptoms related to eczema. You should consume fish oil 3 times a day to remove scars left by eczema.
Besides, you may include much more fatty fish such as mackerel, salmon, and tuna in your daily diet.
In fact, the almond oil contains various neutral lipids which are famous for the ability to reduce the occurrence of eczema scars. Using various useful massage methods with almond oil can aid in rupturing the rigid scar tissue, which, in turn, stimulates the healing process. Plus, almond oil is loaded with vitamin E that is very useful for healing eczema scars.
Let’s see how to get rid of eczema scars with almond oil:
- You firstly prepare 12 raw almonds and a pint of vodka (about 16 oz).
- Now, you put the almonds in a jar and fill this jar with vodka and close its lid.
- You store this in a cool and dark place for about 2 months. Remember to shake this jar for a few times per day.
- After 2 months, you strain the extract into another jar and start applying this.
- You gently dab this almond extract on your affected area for 2 or 3 times per day to rupture your rigid scar tissue.
Cucumber is able to ease eczema scars easily, quickly, and safely. Thanks to the quite rich source of essential antioxidants, cucumber becomes an effective tip for people who are finding some ways to get rid of eczema scars. Here is one of the effective ways on how to get rid of eczema scars with cucumber you should follow:
- First of all, you take 2 or 3 cucumbers and then cut them into thin slices.
- Next, you soak these cucumber slices in water for several minutes so that this water can get essential components contained in cucumbers.
- After that, you take all the cucumber slices out of the water and dip a cloth in this water.
- Now, you use this dipped cloth to dab your affected skin.
- Another option for you is to make a paste by mix the cucumber juice with a little milk and apply this mixture on the skin for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Besides, you can eat raw cucumber every day to help in stimulating the healing process of eczema scars.
The peel of oranges possesses a large amount of vitamin C that can stimulate the healing process of eczema scars. It also owns retinol, helping to get rid of dead skin cells.
- You simply peel off 1 fresh orange and dry its peel.
- Then you put this dried peel with a little water in a blender and blend them well.
- Next, you add the honey (3 tablespoons) and ground cinnamon (1 tablespoon) in this mixture and continue to blend them until you have a paste.
- Now, you gently apply this directly on your affected area and allow it to naturally dry.
- Finally, you use warm water to wash off and reapply this on a regular basis to see an improvement how to get rid of eczema scars.
Another way of top 22 ways on how to get rid of eczema scars is to use vitamin E. Vitamin E will decrease the formation of keloid which is a hypertrophic scarring appeared after you suffered from eczema. Researchers carried out 2 surveys and as a result, patients using vitamin E to heal eczema scars had a significant improvement in their condition, compared to others using petroleum jelly.
You can find out vitamin E in several forms such as tablets, creams or supplements. They are found available in food stores and drug stores. You should apply vitamin E cream on the affected skin 3 times per day. However, some people who have a sensitive skin can have a harsh rash after applying this. Hence, you should have a small test before applying it.
Known as a great moisturizer, however, coconut oil is also able to work well for treating eczema scar. You can use coconut as a strong natural treatment how to get rid of eczema scars when you apply it for overnight. You had better apply pure coconut oil every day to get the best benefits.
- At first, you rinse your skin properly and dab coconut oil directly on it.
- Let it stay on there without disturbing it for about half an hour and use water to wash off.
- You should do this process several times on a daily basis.
Avocado oil is beneficial in stimulating the collagen production in the skin, which will promote the healing process of your condition. You can apply this oil directly on your skin or consume foods which contain avocado 3 times per week as a natural tip on how to get rid of eczema scars.
- You simply rinse your skin cleanly and use a soft towel to dry it.
- Then, you apply some drops of avocado on your affected skin area, which depends on your condition.
- Use your fingertips to gently rub it and wash off with water.
- Keep applying it for 2 or 3 times daily.
Like avocado oil, lavender oil is also an effective way on how to get rid of eczema scars. This essential oil is loaded with very effective antibacterial and antiseptic properties, helping to decrease pain as well as promote the rapid healing process of eczema scars along with other skin conditions.
- You firstly take 1 glass of plain water.
- Then you add 2 teaspoons each of apple cider vinegar and honey in this.
- You stir them well and consume this mixture 3 times per day.
Nutmeg is very effective for treating ugly marks on your skin, which makes your skin dull and have blemishes, including eczema scars.
- First of all, you prepare some teaspoons of nutmeg powder and then mix them with warm water to make a paste.
- Then you apply this on your eczema scars every day to see an improvement.
Applying onion extract externally will assist you in removing eczema scars well. Click To Tweet Your skin will slowly loose the darkness of your scar thanks to the consistent use of onion for a long time.
- At first, you cut 2 large onions in 8 small pieces.
- Then you put these onion pieces in a chopper and finely chop them.
- Next, you place the chopped onion in a thin cloth and extract its juice in 1 empty cup.
- Now, you mix this onion juice well with 200 to 250 grams of the Aloe Vera gel.
- You put this mixture in a glass bottle and close the lid.
- You apply this onion and Aloe Vera mixture on your eczema affected area 2 times per day.
If you want to get more information about ways on how to get rid of eczema scars, keep reading our article!
Carrots possess various medical properties. Using carrot will not only provide an extra taste for your food but also go with several health benefits. In order to remove eczema scar, you do not need to consume carrots, instead, you just apply carrot on the skin.
- Now, you take 3 or 4 carrots and peel off their outer skin.
- Then you cut them into pieces and boil them with 1 bowl of water.
- You let it boil until these carrot pieces become soft and take them out of the heat.
- Next, you remove the water and crush the carrot pieces into a paste.
- You apply this carrot paste to the skin and wait for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, you clean your skin with cold water.
How to get rid of eczema scars with sandalwood and camphor? Both sandalwood and camphor can provide you with a relief from pain and itchiness which are caused due to eczema when you apply them regularly. The paste of camphor and sandalwood is used generally on the hands; nevertheless, it is also useful for various body parts.
- In a bowl, you mix sandalwood with camphor at an equal ratio.
- Then you apply this on your body parts which are affected by eczema. You have to ensure that you wash your skin before applying it.
- You should apply this process daily till you see an improvement in your condition.
The first and foremost tip on how to get rid of eczema scars is honey which is popularly used to treat a variety of skin infections by folks. With its antiseptic, soothing and antibacterial properties, honey could decrease eczema and heal eczema scars to a huge extent.
What you need to do is to apply honey right directly over your affected skin area daily. Massage and wash thorough it after that.
Alternatively, you could make a scrub using crystallized sugar and honey. Then, scrub this solution onto your affected skin area for several minutes before washing it off with water. You had better do this several times per week till the scar is fully gone.
Indian lilac or neem can work as one of the best natural home treatments for eczema because it helps decrease irritation, redness and inflammation.
You can mix 1 tablespoon of turmeric with 1 tablespoon of crush neem leaves. Then, add a small amount of sesame oil to this combination. After that, apply the solution over your affected skin area, wait for 30 minutes before washing it off with plain water. You should follow this remedy once per day to get the best result possible.
Related articles about skin infections:
Having antifungal, astringent, and antibacterial properties, apple cider vinegar could help in decreasing eczema condition and eczema scars as well.
You just need to mix 2 teaspoons of each of unfiltered apple cider vinegar, and honey in 1 glass of water. Drink this solution thrice per day. That way, you can help in boosting immune system, gradually reducing skin inflammation and scarring.
Another way to use apple cider vinegar for eczema scars is to apply the mixture of water and apple cider vinegar at the rate of 1:1 over your skin directly. That way, you can help decrease dryness and itchiness.
For those who are looking for ways on how to get rid of eczema scars naturally, oatmeal is a good option as it can help soothe their skin and also relieve itching. Besides, oatmeal includes natural cleansing agents which help in decreasing scars.
You can grind 1-2 cups of the oatmeal in the blender or coffee grinder and then add it to the warm bath water. Next, soak your own body into this bath water for 20 minutes or so before patting your skin dry using the soft towel.
You had better do this 3 times per day basing on your condition’s severity.
Refer some natural guidelines to remove bumps fast with the complete Banish My Bumps ebook here.
Another common home treatment for eczema scars is using aloe vera due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. You could lessen the irritation associated with eczema and steadily brighten the dark scars.
By applying aloe vera directly over your affected skin areas, you can help relieve itchiness quickly. To get better results, you should do this several times per day.
As an alternative treatment, you could combine aloe vera and vitamin E oil at the same ratio over your affected skin area. Wait till the next morning to rinse it off with warm water. You had better repeat this routine daily.
There are various uses of baking soda you can take advantage of, and one of them is treating eczema scars. Specifically, it helps remove those dead skin cells, thereby brightening the dark scars and also reduce itching.
You can mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda with 1 tablespoon of the plain water to create a good paste. Apply it over your affected skin area and after several minutes, you wash it off with tepid water.
Essential oils are helpful in treating a lot of skin infections. The most commonly used essential oil is olive oil. Olive oil contains anti-inflammatory effects that could help in relieving the symptoms of eczema. Moreover, it helps soften the human skin, decrease redness and remove scars.
You just need to massage the affected skin area with extra virgin olive oil. Then, place the hot washcloth over your affected area. Wait for 10 minutes till the cloth really cools down. After that, wipe away for oil with tepid water. It is recommended to do this solution once or twice per day till your problem gets better.
Apart from these recommended natural methods, you should also take some other measures to prevent the flare up of eczema by changing your diet, detergents and soaps, and the clothes your wear. If you are serious about learning how to get rid of eczema scars on legs & body fast, you should combine some of the remedies above at the same time to get the best possible result in a short period of time.
Share your thoughts with us by dropping words below this How To post, we will feedback as soon as possible.