The fever blisters are typically built in and around the mouth, nose and chin. There is a lot of burning, swelling and itching. During the course of time, blisters will increase in size. Occasionally, they burst out and form crust and get dry. As they are in the area of front portion of the face, they tend to visible and cause embarrassment to sufferers.
The blisters form because of herpes simplex virus (type 1). The initial symptoms are nausea, vomiting, sore and dry throat. As these symptoms appear in different diseases, it is hard to predict the onset of the herpes.
Fever blisters are painful and accompanied by burning and tingling sensations along with inflammation and swelling. They appear as a cluster of white, small blister and typically manifest on the same area wherever the virus gets active. There are many OTC medicines for fever blisters, yet they are not always safe and effective and could take a long time to work. To get the best result, you had better use the following home treatments for fever blisters, collected by VKool.com! Follow these tips on how to get rid of fever blisters on lips quickly overnight with just a few simple steps!
How To Get Rid Of Fever Blisters On Lips Quickly – Top 17 Tips For Overnight Cure
1. Pure Vanilla Extract
The presence of alcohol in the pure vanilla extract is an antiviral agent, which kills the virus… Click To Tweet Vanilla helps to keep skin damp to inhibit it from bleeding or breaking, hence making the blisters much more distressing. Here is the recipe that shows you on how to get rid of fever blisters with pure vanilla extract:
- 60 ml of pure vanilla extract
- 1 cotton ball
- In a bowl, take 60 ml of pure vanilla extract. Later, in it soak a cotton ball and apply it on your fever blisters.
- Follow the procedure 4 times per day until you get total relief from cold sores and fever blisters.
As you feel a tingling sensation or the initial tenderness on your lip, which often happens during the first a few hours or some days prior to before the blisters develop, this remedy really works best. Cold compresses can eliminate pain significantly, and reduce the redness and swelling related to fever blisters. Plus, it will prevent this condition from spreading. Here’s the method:
- Take some ice cubes and wrap them in a washcloth. Later place it over your affected area for 10-15 minutes.
- Repeat this procedure every 3-4 hours.
- Apply a thick lemon balm ointment layer to the area after each session,
Read more: 18 Solution For Cold Sores On Lips
Cornstarch also has the ability to help neutralize the pH of this fever blister. It helps to kill the virus and prevent the virus causing fever blister as well as cold sore again. So, how to get rid of fever blisters using cornstarch? Follow the steps below:
- 2 cups of cornstarch
- 1 cup of warm water
- The first step is to add the cornstarch to the water. Blend the two ingredients together to make a paste.
- Using your finger apply this paste on the fever blisters on the lips, inside the mouth.
- Follow this process until you remove these painful fever blisters totally.
4. Baking Soda
As applying baking soda on your fever blisters, it will create an alkaline base, so the virus causing fever blisters can’t survive in this environment. Here is the detailed recipe that explains you on how to get rid of fever blisters with baking soda at home:
- 2 tbsp of baking soda
- 1 tbsp of water
- 1 cotton ball
- At first, combine the baking soda with the water. Mix the two elements well to form a paste.
- Then apply this paste on your affected areas by using a cotton ball.
- Keep it undisturbed for a few hours to work effectively.
- Repeat this remedy regularly to remove fever blisters quickly.
Read more: 12 Beauty Advantages Of Baking Soda On Skin