Hickey, also known as a love bite or a kiss mark, is really a type of bruise. So, you have gotten a big hickey that you could not seem to cover? Well, hickies could take a while to heal, as they are resulted by the blood vessels close to the skin breaking and the blood escaping to result in a bright red mark. A hickey could last more than one week, yet will heal with time. You could hide hickies with makeup or clothing. Also, you might want to try some tips on how to get rid of hickies fast overnight. Take a look from VKool.com!
How To Get Rid Of Hickies – 10 Practical And Fast Tips
1. Cold Compress
In order to heal your hickey, the blood cloths need to be broken apart so your blood spreads out. This could be supported by using a cold compress applied onto your affected skin area. A type of cold compress can constrict the ruptured capillaries as well as decrease bleeding.
You can put a few ice cubes into one paper towel and then press it against your skin slightly, for about 15 minutes. Do it a few times per day. The icepack could help in preventing swelling around the hickey and also decrease pain. Avoid applying it directly on your skin as it could result in an ice burn.
Or, another way is to put a spoon into your fridge for 10 minutes or so. After that, wrap it in a cloth; slightly rub it over your affected skin area till the spoon becomes warm. Do this routine for a few times per day to get good results.
Check out: how to get rid dark circles under eyes
In regard to natural ways on how to get rid of hickies overnight, peppermint is the most used one. The stimulant effect of peppermint could help you improve your own blood circulation, so it becomes useful in removing hickies. Also, it heals the capillary vessels.
You just need to apply a small amount of peppermint oil over your affected skin area slightly. At first, there will be a tingling sensation, yet over time you will feel normal. Avoid using this method more than twice per day as it might irritate your skin.
Alternatively, you can apply some peppermint-based toothpaste on your affected skin area for several minutes. When the tingling has just stopped, you wipe it off using a warm cloth. Avoid using this remedy more than once per day.
Read more: how to get lighter skin
3. Rub Alcohol
By rubbing alcohol over your affected area, you can get rid of hickies thanks to the disinfection, cooling and soothing properties.
Just simply apply some rubbing alcohol to your affected skin area by using a cotton ball.
Remember that alcohol might dry out your skin, so after rubbing it over your skin, you should use a moisturizer to keep your skin soft.
Recommend reading: tips to give up alcohol
4. Aloe Vera
Being a natural moisturizer, aloe vera will help you decrease the sensitivity of your affected area. Also, the anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of aloe vera can help burst capillaries under the skin heal much faster.
You can extract the gel of fresh aloe vera and massage the gel into the bruise. Do this 2-3 times per day to get good result.
5. Banana Peel
Having soothing and cooling properties, banana peels could help you minimize the hickey fast.
- Take the peel off one ripe banana.
- Place it over the affected area for 10-30 minutes.
- Apply this twice or thrice per day to decrease the appearance of your hickies.
See more: benefits of banana
6. Vitamin K
Vitamin K is useful in treating bruise because it can prevent coagulation, also known as blood clots. This vitamin can help the human body reabsorb pooled blood and boost the healing process.
- Apply a cream or lotion high in vitamin K to the hickies for 2-3 times per day till your hickies disappear.
- Add more vitamin K-rich foods like spinach, brown rice, broccoli, fish oil and soybean oil to your diet plan
- Get vitamin K supplements to boost the healing process
This way makes it easier to remove the hickies and helps spread the blood around your body.
Use a stiff bristled toothbrush and start brushing your affected skin area. Gently scratch your skin will eliminate inflammation yet you might damage your skin if you apply too much pressure. It is recommended to use a vibrating toothbrush.
Do this method 5-10 minutes per day and apply a cold compress for 10 minutes. Repeat if necessary.
Check out: tips to remove bumps
8. Lipstick Caps
Similar to the toothbrush method, this method can break the blood clots and helps enhance the blood circulation in your affected area.
- You can use a lipstick cap or pen cap to do it.
- Place the cap right directly over your hickies
- Press down hard to the skin
- While pressing down, you twist cap. Do a half of a complete turn of the cap.
- Release your holding
- Repeat a few times for 10 minutes or so
9. Scraping With A Coin
In this method, the blood circulation is kick started by gently scraping off the coin on your affected skin area.
- Take a coin, pull the skin on the opposite sides of your hickey and through the edge of the coin
- Scrap the skin in a hard way
- This will push the accumulated blood in the skin area into the capillaries.
- However, it also hurts a lot and results in redness of your skin.
Having a high amount of vitamin C, oranges could provide you with a great amount of an essential nutrient required by your body to repair the skin. In addition, the vitamin C has healing properties which could help heal the hickies faster.
Moreover, you should also drink extra fresh orange juice instead of packaged orange juice to get the best results.
In case oranges are not ready next to you, you can resort vitamin C supplements (500mg) for 3 times per day for about 1 week. This will help you rebuild collagen.
Above are the most effective tips on how to get rid of hickies that you can make use of right away without any complicated step. Do it and you will be amazed with the result!
If you have any idea about this “How To” post, leave your words below the post. We will feedback soon.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 7 Facial muscle exercises for men and women
- Egg yolk face mask recipe: 15 easy and simple solutions
- Benefits of spices and herbs in cooking food are revealed
- 46 Weird Ways to Lose Weight Fast Without Exercise
- First alarm review – will the training program be useful for you?
- 10 Amazing Uses For Aspirin You May Not Know
- 33 homemade natural beauty tips for legs – act now!
- What are top health benefits of quinoa you can get?