Mice can invade any area in your house, be it your kitchen, room, balcony, and garage, etc. Mice can spread through mites and fleas, lastly finding their manner to your pets, raising the problem even more. So, if you do not want mice to infest your house, use these cost-effective and simple home remedies. Ensure that all holes, tiny spaces and crevices under your sink, doors or window are blocked before trying any of the remedies, just because mice often come from these places. Simply, you can block these places with steel wool, plaster of Paris and cement. After that, follow any of the ways on how to get rid of mice below. These ways are collected by VKool site from reliable sources. Let’s begin!
Top 6 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Mice Naturally And Fast That Work Well
1. How To Get Rid Of Mice With Homemade Mice Repellent Sprays
Frankly speaking, you can easily buy mice repellent sprays in the market, yet they have harmful chemicals to the pets and kids at home. Luckily, making a homemade mice repellent spray is not difficult. It is not only natural but also safe for pets and kids at home. The safe and effective way on how to get rid of mice must include this remedy.
Method 1: Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 liter of apple cider vinegar
- 2 liters of water
- 1 spray bottle
- Firstly, mix apple cider vinegar (half a liter) with water (2 liters) in a spray bottle. Shake it, and later spray this solution in the regions where you mostly find mice.
- You can use this mouse at any time, and continue using it for a couple of times in a day for best effects.
Method 2: Mice Spray
- 1/2 cup of liquid detergent
- 1tbsp of Tabasco sauce
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 spray bottle
- Firstly, take liquid detergent (½ cup) and add Tabasco sauce (1 tablespoon) to it. Later mix it with a gallon of water.
- After that, put this combination in 1 spray bottle and spray it to most of the holes or near the region where you mostly find mice.
- It is suggested to spray it after each rain to destroy mice staying inside your house.
Method 3: Essential Oils
- Few drops of tea tree oil
- Few drops of spearmint oil
- Peppermint oil
- 1 spray bottle
- Firstly, take water and pure peppermint oil in an equal quantity in a spray bottle. Add a few drops each of spearmint oil and tea tree oil to it and later shake well.
- After that, spray this solution in your shoe racks, storehouse, and cupboards, under the sink area or passages.
- Spray it for a couple of days or whenever need. Mice cannot stand the peppermint oil’s smell, so they will run away from the house.
2. Homemade Mice Poison
Instead of buying the mice poison in the marketplace that can cause harm to your kids and pets, you can easily make it at home with natural ingredients.
- Dry cement powder
- Corn flour
- 1 flat dish
- Take dry cement powder and corn flour in an equal quantity in a flat dish. Mix them well and place it in 3 to 4 places where mice are often found. When the mice eat this powder, they will die fast.
- This poison is also very effective in fighting mice outside your house. Try this remedy whenever necessary.
3. How To Get Rid Of Mice With Homemade Mouse Repellent
This homemade mouse repellent also gives the wonderful perfect answer to the query on how to get rid of mice naturally and fast. It works best for outdoor, thereby helping you to get rid of mice in the yard.
- 2 tbsp of castor oil
- 6 tbsp of dish washing soap
- 1 tsp of Tabasco sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 quart of water
- 1 plastic bowl
- Take 2 tablespoons of castor oil in a plastic bowl and add dish washing soap (6 tbsp), and Tabasco sauce (1 tsp) to it. Then, chop 1 clove of garlic and add it to the bowl.
- Add 1 quart of water to this and mix all the ingredients. After that, place this combination around the holes of the mice or rats.
- Repeat this process for few days to remove field mice. To prevent rats and mice, repeat this procedure especially after each rain.
4. Using Peppermint Oil
One of the fastest ways on how to get rid of mice must include peppermint oil. It’s a natural mouse repellent that is completely safe for kids, humans or pets if they’re at home. Remember to use 100% pure peppermint oil.
- Few drops of peppermint oil
- A few of cotton balls
- Take few cotton balls at first and sprinkle peppermint oil (few drops) on each of these cotton balls.
- Then, place those balls in the regions where you mostly find mice. This oil evaporates rapidly so you must keep replacing cotton balls after a few hours.
- This remedy helps to remove the mice without even destroying them.
- Follow this remedy a few times per day for a few weeks for mice extermination.
5. Diffusing Essential Oils
This remedy is also one of the best ways on how to get rid of mice naturally. It’s very effective in removing rats from your home without killing them. You will find all the rats or mice leaving your house within 24 hours, and they won’t return back.
- 1 diffuser – 1
- A few drops of any essential oil
- Get a diffuser at first and place some drops of any essential oil such as peppermint, spearmint, basil, lemongrass or catnip oil. The mouse doesn’t like the smell of these oils, so they’ll leave your house soon.
- Follow this process as needed.
6. How To Get Rid Of Mice With Carbonated Soft Drinks
Some soft drinks like Coca-Cola and Pepsi help to avoid mice infestation. This is also a simple remedy and isn’t harmful to human beings and to the environment as well. If mice drink soft drinks, they can’t burp and produce the gas from the body and in the process, they’ll die. This remedy acts by killing the mice.
- A few small dishes or bowls
- 3 to 5 tablespoons of any carbonated drink for each bowl
- Take few small bowls or dishes and pour 3 to 5 tablespoons of any carbonated drinks such as Coca-Cola or Pepsi in each bowl.
- After that, place those bowls near the cupboards, passages, dustbins, corridors, under the sink. The sweetness of this drink will attract the mice. The moment they consume this, they will die within few minutes due to the inability to pass the carbon dioxide from the body.
- Follow this method whenever you find rats or mice in your homes. This will help you to destroy them quickly.
How To Get Rid Of Mice – Additional tips:
- Aside from being very great cleaning agent ammonia is also a wonderful rodent repellent. For mice extermination, you mix ammonia (2 cups), water (100 ml) and detergent (2 spoons). Then, place this mixture in a bowl and place it where rats or mice appear most often.
- Pepper can be also a very great rat repellent. The ground pepper’s smell is intolerable for mice and they will flee the vicinity within a few minutes. You need to take some ground pepper and sprinkle them around the holes and corners where rats or mice come from. Continue doing this way for quite some months.
- Onion is also a great way on how to get rid of mice naturally because the mice detest the very odor and flavor of the onion to the core. Place a sliced onion inside or near their burrows and they will flee the vicinity immediately.
- You can take some amounts of baby powder and sprinkle them around the junctions and corners of walls where the mice are most commonly seen. The baby powder actually works as an intoxicant and will aid you to get rid of mice.
- You can also mix equal quantities of baking soda, sugar and flour in a big bowl. Next, shift the content to the smaller bowls and cups that can be placed near the mice hotspots of your homes. The baking soda starts to react with the acid of the gastric juices once the mice consume this combination. It produces much bloating and leads to the mice to die of the internal system rupture. Commonly the mice don’t die immediately and run to open grounds prior to dying.
These ways on how to get rid of mice are very effective in exterminating the mice from your apartments or house. Don’t postpone as if you wait then this problem will become worse. You can read more our informative posts by visiting the main How To page. Any comment or question is welcome.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Top 15 Home Remedies For Pilonidal Cysts
- The drama method review – is Aaron Fox’s program useful?
- Rocket French premium review – is Marie-Claire’s course useful?
- 8 best home remedies for freckles on face
- Fat burning furnace program review – will Rob Poulos’ guide work?
- How to draw a dog step by step – beginners’ guide with pictures
- Signs of an unhappy marriage – Top 17 subtle signs to view
- How to improve bone density naturally: 13 nutrition & lifestyle tips