Phlegm usually accompanies colds and other infections related to the upper respiratory tract. Although it is actually not a severe health issue to concern too much, if you do not treat it timely, it can irritate and clog your bronchial tubes and thereby causing a secondary infection in the upper respiratory tract.
How To Get Rid Of Phlegm In Throat Naturally And Fast – Top 22 Best Natural Treatments:
Phlegm tends to be congested and collect in the throat and chest, and it is often expelled through coughing.
The presence of phlegm is often expressed through fever, feeling weak, difficulty breathing, runny nose, a constant cough, and a constant need for throat clearing. .
Phlegm contains the virus, bacteria, or inflammatory cells produced in response to an infection. Besides some infections like bronchitis, common flu, and cold, phlegm can be triggered by the allergic reactions to irritants, such as in damaged vocal cords, hay fever or asthma, and excess cigarette use.
Coping with phlegm could be seemingly never ending an incredibly frustrating. However, there are still some useful natural therapies and home treatments that can work well for treating the condition without leading to side effects.
Today, in this article, I will introduce some of the best tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat and adults that are proven to work efficiently for reducing the symptoms and getting rid of this disease. The home remedies contain:
6. Chicken soup
14. Herbal Tea
15. Eucalyptus Oil
16. Slippery Elm
17. Oregano Oil
18. Couch Grass
19. Spikenard Root
20. Wild Cherry Bark
22. Onion And Lemon
Use warm salt water to rinse your mouth is another of top 22 ways on how to get rid of phlegm. Warm water will soothe your irritated throat while salt has the ability to kill bacteria causing the infection and thereby reducing the phlegm production.
- Now, you mix ¼ teaspoon of salt with 1 glass of lukewarm water.
- You stir well and gargle your mouth with this solution.
- You should do this way several times daily.
Ginger is known as a natural antihistamine and decongestant. It is beneficial in improving circulation and helping remove toxins more effectively. In addition, ginger has a compound named shagoal. This compound is proven to have the ability to get rid of cold viruses. Also, the expectorant, antiviral, and antibacterial properties contained in ginger will reduce congestion in your chest and throat to aid you in breathing easier. So, if you want to know how to get rid of phlegm with ginger, follow some steps below:
- You take a piece of fresh ginger root and then cut it into slices.
- Then you put 1 tablespoon of these ginger slices into 1 cup of hot water.
- You allow this to steep for several minutes and combine it with 2 teaspoons of organic honey.
- Stir well and then consume this ginger tea many times during your day.
- Alternatively, you chew some fresh ginger slices a few times daily and include ginger in any form in your meals.
If you are wondering how to get rid of phlegm, cayenne pepper is the answer for you. Cayenne pepper is able to reduce the buildup of mucus in your throat and nasal passages. Click To Tweet The stimulating and warm nature of cayenne pepper will also help you to ease the pain in the chest as well as soothe your irritated throat.
- At first, you prepare ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon of grated fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of ACV (apple cider vinegar), and 2 tablespoons of water.
- You mix all these ingredients together and consume this mixture 2 or 3 times daily to decrease the production of phlegm.
- Besides, you should also add cayenne pepper in your daily diet.
This is the best and simplest way on how to get rid of phlegm in your throat you may try applying. Inhaling steam into your nasal passages is capable of keeping phlegm in liquid form in order that you can easily eliminate it from your system.
- You simply take a steam shower 2 times per day. To do it, you turn the shower on the highest heat and then stay in this bathroom with the closed space for about 10 minutes to aid in breaking up the mucus.
- You have to ensure to moisturize the body after you apply this solution because warm water will make your skin become dry.
- In another way, you pour the hot water in 1 large bowl.
- You use a towel to cover your head and then inhale the steam escaping from the bowl for 5 to 7 minutes. This way will be beneficial in loosening the secretions in the lungs and you may apply this simple way many times daily.
Read more: Top benefits of steam room and sauna therapy
Another of top 22 ways on how to get rid of phlegm in the throat is to use lemon. Lemon is very beneficial in loosening phlegm and mucus. Additionally, lemon possesses antibacterial property along with a high source of vitamin C, which will improve the resistance of your body to infections.
- First of all, you take 2 teaspoons of lime juice and then mix them with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 glass of boiled water.
- You stir well and drink this solution at least 3 times on a daily basis to help in soothing your throat and reducing the production of phlegm.
- Another way for you is to cut a lemon slice and then sprinkle a bit of pepper and salt on this lemon slice.
- Then you suck on this lemon slice to remove phlegm from your throat.
- Remember to apply either of ways on how to get of phlegm with lemon 2 or 3 times daily.
To get more ways on how to get rid of phlegm, keep following our article!
Enjoying warm chicken soup is also an effective way on how to get rid of phlegm. Warm chicken soup has the ability to moisturize your airways and make the phlegm consistency thin. Also, it will soothe your irritated throat and help it get relaxed.
You should consume chicken soup at least 2 or 3 times daily to remove phlegm from the throat. In order to increase its benefits, you should add some ginger and garlic slices to your soup. This homemade soup will often be more effective than other canned soup products having preservatives available in the market.
Garlic contains a rich source of antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, which is very beneficial in curing airway inflammation. Hence, you may apply it to eliminate phlegm from the throat.
Garlic is loaded with vitamin C that is a very effective component for getting rid of flu and cold. It is capable of promoting diuretic action and peristalsis. Both of two these actions are great flush mechanisms as well as aid in removing phlegm from the throat. Moreover, garlic also boosts your immune system.
- You just take some fresh garlic cloves and crush them well.
- Then you consume the crushed garlic with water after you wake up in the morning as well as before you go to bed.
- Or you can apply some garlic drops to your nose to assist in loosening mucus. To do it, you extract the fresh garlic juice from some garlic cloves and then dilute this garlic juice with 1 cup of water.
- You put this in a nose dropper to use it easily.
- In addition, you may add garlic to your sauces and soups to get the best results
You can use apple cider vinegar as a natural way on how to get rid phlegm. This vinegar contains antiseptic properties which are able to combat sinus infection as well as clear mucus. Besides, apple cider vinegar possesses natural anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, which will help a lot in boosting your immune system.
Plus, apple cider vinegar contains a high level of pH, breaking up phlegm and also clear your throat. It is beneficial in making phlegm thin and preventing infection. Here are 3 ways to help you get rid of phlegm with apple cider vinegar. Try applying any of them to get a relief from phlegm:
Way 1: Apple cider vinegar, honey, and warm water
- You just mix apple cider vinegar (2 teaspoons) with warm water (1 glass).
- Then you add a bit of honey to this mixture to make it sweeter.
- You drink this solution twice daily to have the best results.
Way 2: Apple cider vinegar inhalation
- You firstly prepare ½ cup of ACV and ½ cup of water.
- You mix them well and heat this mixture on a stove for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- After that, you remove it from the heat and then inhale the steam escaping from this mixture. Remember to close your eyes while applying this.
- You should repeat this way 2 times per day to relieve phlegm.
Way 3: Apple cider vinegar, honey, and flax seeds
- You combine 2 tablespoons of ACV with ¼ cup of the flax seeds and 1 teaspoon of raw honey.
- You mix well and drizzle this mixture over your salad and then enjoy every day.
This is the first out of the most efficient tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat naturally and fast that I want to introduce in this full writing.
Carrot has been considered to be extremely useful in reducing and eliminating phlegm and other similar diseases. Carrot is an abundant source of vitamin C – one of the powerful antioxidants that can boost your immune system and build resistance to several infections. In addition, carrot is jam-packed with a lot of essential vitamins and nutrients that can help to relieve symptoms of cough and phlegm as well.
- Prepare 4 – 5 fresh carrots and extract the juice from them
- Add a little water to dilute the carrot juice prepared. Add 2 – 3 teaspoons of honey to the juice and mix well.
- Consume this solution several times per day to eliminate throat phlegm fast.
Read about another related disease: Nasal Polyps Treatment Miracle
Onion contains powerful antibiotic, expectorant, and anti-inflammatory properties which can help to keep the throat relaxed and clear the phlegm as well. In addition, onion can help to enhance the immune system and boost the healing process effectively. You can prepare sugar and onion to make a tonic that can help to boost the fluidity of the phlegm so that it will be able to expel easier.
- Wash a small onion and chop it finely.
- Toss the onion with 2 tbsps. of sugar and set it aside for about 30 minutes. This mixture will get the liquid texture.
- Take 1 tablespoon of this homemade tonic every 2 – 3 hour period when needed.
If you cannot use the whole tonic at once, you can store it in the fridge for 1 – 2 days.
Learn more: Top health benefits of onions
Honey has antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties so that it is considered a wonderful and powerful home treatment for relieving the irritated throat and clearing phlegm. Besides, it has antiseptic properties that can help to strengthen the immune system to combat and beat off infections more quickly.
- Mix one glass of warm water with one tablespoon of honey to form a solution. Consume it throughout the day. You will be able to benefit from the medicinal properties of honey while the water can make the phlegm thin.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of honey with 1 pinch of black or white pepper powder. Pepper can help to relieve and cure infections, while honey can help to ease the mucous membranes. Consume this remedy 2 times every day for about one week.
In fact, this is also one of the best tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat that people should make use for good!
Pepper can help the body release phlegm built up in the throat and nasal passages. The stimulating and warm nature of pepper can also help to relieve chest pain, as well as soothing your irritated throat. This is actually one of the most effective tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat fast and naturally that people should make use at home!
- To make use of this ingredient, you just need to cut one lemon into 2 halves and remove the seeds. Sprinkle a dash of black pepper and salt over 1/2 of the lemon. Drink this solution directly for drying up the phlegm.
- Alternatively, grind 1/2 teaspoon white pepper and mix with 1 tablespoon of honey. Put this mixture to the microwave to heat for ten to fifteen seconds. After that, chew it, and you will be able to see and feel a noticeable instant relief. You should take this mixture 3 times every day at least for about one week to get all of the phlegm out from the throat.
Learn more: Top health benefits of lemons
If you do not have these leaves in hand, pour hot boiling water in a bowl. Place a towel over the head and inhale over the water vapor for five to ten minutes. This will be able to help you loosen the phlegm.
Alternatively, you can boil one handful of eucalyptus and mint leaves in a pot full of water in about ten minutes. Then, remove the mixture from the heat and keep it on the table. Bend your face towards that pot while inhaling over the water vapor. This can help to dehydrate the phlegm, open the sinuses and thereby expelling the phlegm out.
This is also one of the most effective tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat that I want my readers to learn and remember to make use!
Another useful tip on how to get rid of phlegm in throat naturally and fast that I want to list down is the frequent use of herbal tea. This hot solution can help to slacken the stubborn phlegm. There are many types of herbal teas that you can use to reduce and eliminate the throat phlegm. You can consume one cup of chamomile or Echinacea tea, green tea, lavender tea, or mint tea. To improve their taste, you just need to add one tsp. of honey. You can also make herbal tea using other herbs like calamus and hyssop root.
This is among the most efficient herbal oils that you can make use to deal with throat phlegm. You just need to mix eucalyptus oil with some coconut oil and use it to massage over your chest area. A rub with this oil can help to expel the phlegm from your body with ease.
- It should not be swallowed.
- This oil should not be applied on the skin directly.
This is another tip on how to get rid of phlegm in throat naturally and fast that people should try at home. Slippery elm contains soluble fiber which can form a gel-like substance when being dissolved in water, helping to relieve inflammation effectively. Add 2 tablespoons of slippery elm bark powder to 2 cups of boiling water. Consume the solution twice daily for reducing phlegm quickly.
- You can also apply a poultice made from elm over your chest area to reduce the formation of phlegm.
- You can also take 5ml of the slippery elm tincture 3 times daily for good results.
Oregano oil has powerful anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties so it can help to cure several kinds of infections related to the respiratory tract. Acting as a natural expectorant, oregano oil can help to reduce phlegm effectively. You just need to consume a few drops of oregano oil or add this oil to your daily meals to benefit from it. In addition, you can take oregano capsules which can be found at any health store with ease.
Couch grass is extremely rich in mucilage and contains protein, selenium, calcium, fiber, magnesium, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin B. Acting as an excellent anti-bacterial agent, couch grass can help to soothe the sore throat and aid in making the phlegm easier to expel and more slippery.
To make use of this remedy, you just need to boil 2 tablespoons of dried couch grass root with 2 cups of water within about five minutes. Strain the liquid and consume it two or three times per day.
Spikenard root has powerful depurative, diaphoretic, and antiseptic properties that can help to clear phlegm effectively. Make an herbal tea from the root of spikenard and consume this tea two or three times per day. This is actually a wonderful tip on how to get rid of phlegm in throat fast and naturally that people should not skip.
Alternatively, you can use its decoction to gargle daily.
Note: Women who are planning to have a baby should avoid using this herb
This is another excellent herbal expectorant which can help to loosen the phlegm and expel it out from the throat, chest, and lungs. Make an herbal tea from the powder of this fragrant bark or just it originally. Alternatively, you can also consume 2 teaspoons of the wild cherry bark syrup that are easily available in the market for good results.
- Do not use it for a long time.
- The leaves and fruit pits of wild cherry have poisonous hydrocyanic acid, so do not consume them.
- Expecting and nursing women should avoid using it.
Turmeric is one of the most powerful natural antibiotics that can help to clear phlegm. It can act effectively as an antioxidant, and it has curcumin which can be used to cure several external and internal health issues of the body.
- You can mix some apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of turmeric powder. Mix it well and consume the mixture.
- Or else, you can add 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder and black pepper to 1 glass of warm milk. Add 1 teaspoon of honey in the mixture as well and consume it daily to clear phlegm well.
This is the last but very important out of the tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat naturally and fast that I want to list down in the entire article today.
As I mentioned above, onion is very powerful in reducing phlegm, and in fact, it is even much more useful in the combination with lemon juice. To make use of these 2 ingredients, you just need to chop 1 onion finely and mix with 2 big spoons of sugar, then let it stay for 30 minutes. Then, after getting mixture transformed into liquid, consume 1 big spoon of this liquid after every few hours.
Alternatively, peel off 1 onion and use a juicer to grind it. Take the juice of 1 lemon and mix with onion juice. After that, pour this mixture into 1 cup boiling water and boil it for a few minutes. Turn off the heat and add 1 teaspoon of honey after cooling the fluid down. Consume 1 cup of this solution 3 times a day until your phlegm is relieved.
Now, after discovering the best tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat and adults that I revealed in this entire article, people should also give another article a chance to help as it is also a useful list of hone remedies that can help to reduce mucus (phlegm) in throat and nose effectively as well. The writing named 10 Natural Home Remedies For Mucus In Throat And In Nose is actually a brand new and revolutionary article which reveals some of the most effective, proven treatments for excess mucus on throat and nose that are based on nature 100% so people should feel secure about it! Besides, it will help you deal with this issue at home without the need for any type of drug, pill, or medication, so you will not get any harmful side effects and can also save much money!
The full collection of tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat naturally and fast that I introduced above would be actually very good and necessary for many readers of VKool.com and anyone who are also seeking natural, affordable ways to stop the excess phlegm in throat fast and effectively without meeting any difficulty. In fact, these home remedies are proven safe and very simple to apply so sufferers should not concern anything about these matters.
If you think that the tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat fast and naturally that I revealed in the full writing today are exactly what you are looking for to deal with your current throat phlegm issue, and if do not want to make use of this list alone but share with other people you know who are also struggling with this hateful and stubborn condition, feel free to do this. What you need to do is just sharing this article widely and make use together with other sufferers of the throat phlegm problem. In addition, remember to leave your feedbacks and comments below to let me see your own opinions!
Related articles about some throat and sinus issues, including sore throat and throat infection, how to deal with them, and how to prevent these diseases: