Phlegm usually accompanies colds and other infections related to the upper respiratory tract. Although it is actually not a severe health issue to concern too much, if you do not treat it timely, it can irritate and clog your bronchial tubes and thereby causing a secondary infection in the upper respiratory tract.
How To Get Rid Of Phlegm In Throat Naturally And Fast – Top 22 Best Natural Treatments:
Phlegm tends to be congested and collect in the throat and chest, and it is often expelled through coughing.
The presence of phlegm is often expressed through fever, feeling weak, difficulty breathing, runny nose, a constant cough, and a constant need for throat clearing. .
Phlegm contains the virus, bacteria, or inflammatory cells produced in response to an infection. Besides some infections like bronchitis, common flu, and cold, phlegm can be triggered by the allergic reactions to irritants, such as in damaged vocal cords, hay fever or asthma, and excess cigarette use.
Coping with phlegm could be seemingly never ending an incredibly frustrating. However, there are still some useful natural therapies and home treatments that can work well for treating the condition without leading to side effects.
Today, in this article, I will introduce some of the best tips on how to get rid of phlegm in throat and adults that are proven to work efficiently for reducing the symptoms and getting rid of this disease. The home remedies contain:
1. Salt Water
Use warm salt water to rinse your mouth is another of top 22 ways on how to get rid of phlegm. Warm water will soothe your irritated throat while salt has the ability to kill bacteria causing the infection and thereby reducing the phlegm production.
- Now, you mix ¼ teaspoon of salt with 1 glass of lukewarm water.
- You stir well and gargle your mouth with this solution.
- You should do this way several times daily.
Ginger is known as a natural antihistamine and decongestant. It is beneficial in improving circulation and helping remove toxins more effectively. In addition, ginger has a compound named shagoal. This compound is proven to have the ability to get rid of cold viruses. Also, the expectorant, antiviral, and antibacterial properties contained in ginger will reduce congestion in your chest and throat to aid you in breathing easier. So, if you want to know how to get rid of phlegm with ginger, follow some steps below:
- You take a piece of fresh ginger root and then cut it into slices.
- Then you put 1 tablespoon of these ginger slices into 1 cup of hot water.
- You allow this to steep for several minutes and combine it with 2 teaspoons of organic honey.
- Stir well and then consume this ginger tea many times during your day.
- Alternatively, you chew some fresh ginger slices a few times daily and include ginger in any form in your meals.
3. Cayenne Pepper
If you are wondering how to get rid of phlegm, cayenne pepper is the answer for you. Cayenne pepper is able to reduce the buildup of mucus in your throat and nasal passages. The stimulating and warm nature of cayenne pepper will also help you to ease the pain in the chest as well as soothe your irritated throat.
- At first, you prepare ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper, ¼ teaspoon of grated fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of ACV (apple cider vinegar), and 2 tablespoons of water.
- You mix all these ingredients together and consume this mixture 2 or 3 times daily to decrease the production of phlegm.
- Besides, you should also add cayenne pepper in your daily diet.
This is the best and simplest way on how to get rid of phlegm in your throat you may try applying. Inhaling steam into your nasal passages is capable of keeping phlegm in liquid form in order that you can easily eliminate it from your system.
- You simply take a steam shower 2 times per day. To do it, you turn the shower on the highest heat and then stay in this bathroom with the closed space for about 10 minutes to aid in breaking up the mucus.
- You have to ensure to moisturize the body after you apply this solution because warm water will make your skin become dry.
- In another way, you pour the hot water in 1 large bowl.
- You use a towel to cover your head and then inhale the steam escaping from the bowl for 5 to 7 minutes. This way will be beneficial in loosening the secretions in the lungs and you may apply this simple way many times daily.
Read more: Top benefits of steam room and sauna therapy
Another of top 22 ways on how to get rid of phlegm in the throat is to use lemon. Lemon is very beneficial in loosening phlegm and mucus. Additionally, lemon possesses antibacterial property along with a high source of vitamin C, which will improve the resistance of your body to infections.
- First of all, you take 2 teaspoons of lime juice and then mix them with 1 tablespoon of raw honey and 1 glass of boiled water.
- You stir well and drink this solution at least 3 times on a daily basis to help in soothing your throat and reducing the production of phlegm.
- Another way for you is to cut a lemon slice and then sprinkle a bit of pepper and salt on this lemon slice.
- Then you suck on this lemon slice to remove phlegm from your throat.
- Remember to apply either of ways on how to get of phlegm with lemon 2 or 3 times daily.
To get more ways on how to get rid of phlegm, keep following our article!
6. Chicken Soup
Enjoying warm chicken soup is also an effective way on how to get rid of phlegm. Warm chicken soup has the ability to moisturize your airways and make the phlegm consistency thin. Also, it will soothe your irritated throat and help it get relaxed.
You should consume chicken soup at least 2 or 3 times daily to remove phlegm from the throat. In order to increase its benefits, you should add some ginger and garlic slices to your soup. This homemade soup will often be more effective than other canned soup products having preservatives available in the market.
Garlic contains a rich source of antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial properties, which is very beneficial in curing airway inflammation. Hence, you may apply it to eliminate phlegm from the throat.
Garlic is loaded with vitamin C that is a very effective component for getting rid of flu and cold. It is capable of promoting diuretic action and peristalsis. Both of two these actions are great flush mechanisms as well as aid in removing phlegm from the throat. Moreover, garlic also boosts your immune system.
- You just take some fresh garlic cloves and crush them well.
- Then you consume the crushed garlic with water after you wake up in the morning as well as before you go to bed.
- Or you can apply some garlic drops to your nose to assist in loosening mucus. To do it, you extract the fresh garlic juice from some garlic cloves and then dilute this garlic juice with 1 cup of water.
- You put this in a nose dropper to use it easily.
- In addition, you may add garlic to your sauces and soups to get the best results
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 22 Healthy Foods For Weight Gain And Muscle Building
- 28 Home Remedies For Chickenpox In Children And Adults
- Health and nutritional benefits of broccoli – 16 advantages
- 7 Home remedies for baldness in men and in women
- How to cure astigmatism naturally without surgery
- The causes of atherosclerosis disease – 9 major causes
- How to make your hands look younger naturally: 7 powerful tips
- 21 natural home remedies for oily hair are revealed