Spider veins are twisted purple, blue, and red vessels seen typically on the legs and face. These abnormal veins are similar to varicose veins. However, the main difference is that these varicose veins seem to be larger, which are the swollen and raised blood vessels with twists whereas spider veins are smaller. They are caused by the structural abnormalities of your blood vessels. Spider veins can also be called telangiectasias. They may be known as clusters of some tiny blood vessels that are close to the skin surface of an adult person. Because, they often look like a spider web, it is called spider veins. Luckily, spider veins seldom cause serious complications. Only several people can develop skin ulcers because of spider veins. Nevertheless, this problem becomes a beauty concern because of its unpleasant appearance. There are a lot of treatments that your doctor may give you to treat spider veins such as laser therapy, endovenous laser, sclerotherapy, vein surgery, and radiofrequency ablation. If your condition is not too bad to develop complications, you may also easily remove spider veins by using some natural and herbal home remedies.
In this writing, VKool.com will show to you top 16 ways on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home without any side effect. This article listed the best methods to get rid of spider veins from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this article to learn these useful methods on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home!
Top 16 Ways On How To Get Rid Of Spider Veins Naturally At Home
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is perhaps the easiest and effective way on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home that you should follow. This vinegar helps to diminish the appearance of these veins by increasing your blood circulation to these affected areas.
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- A clean cloth
- At first, you soak the clean cloth into the apple cider vinegar.
- Then, you apply it to the affected areas as a compress.
- After that, you let it stand on for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Finally, you should do this way for 2 to 3 times per day for at least one month.
- You can continue doing this method even after one month if you may still find some spider veins and repeat this until all of them disappear completely.
2. Witch Hazel
Witch hazel is commonly used in curing spider veins fast at home. The distilled witch hazel contains astringent properties that can help you to treat your spider veins effectively. Many studies conducted on some animals have shown that it even aids in strengthening blood vessels.
Here are the easy way on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home that you should not skip!
- 1 tablespoon of witch hazel
- A cotton ball
- Firstly, you dip the cotton ball into the witch hazel solution.
- Then, you apply this ball to the areas with spider veins.
- You should do the same way for several times per day till you get rid of this problem completely.
3. Fresh Ginger, Honey, And Hot Water
Ginger is a very common herb in the kitchen that may help you to treat spider veins. There is a blood protein called fibrin, which can build up in your body parts where your veins are injured. This will make your veins more prominent and visible. Ginger can break up fibrin naturally to help in diminishing the spider veins. In addition, ginger can also reduce the blood pressure to improve your blood circulation. Low blood pressure will exert minimum pressure on the veins. Moreover, ginger can also contain a blood-thinning effect that will make it easier for the heart to pump blood. Nevertheless, if you’re already taking some blood thinning medicines, it will be wiser to consult your doctor before raising the amount of ginger in your daily diet. Here is a simple way on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home that you should not pass.
- 1-inch piece of fresh ginger
- 1 cup of hot water
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of honey (optional)
- At first, you grate or crush this ginger piece.
- Then, you place it into a pot.
- Next, you pour hot water into it.
- Now, you cover and steep it for about 10 minutes.
- After that, you strain it if you do not like chewing ginger.
- Finally, you add honey into it and drink this tea.
- You should have this ginger tea for 2 to 3 times per day.
Read more: Health advantages of fresh ginger juice
4. Cayenne Pepper And Water
Using cayenne pepper is another traditional herbal way on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home as well as many other conditions. It is very important in getting rid of spider veins because it can boost up your blood circulation. Thanks to its active compound capsaicin, cayenne pepper is particularly useful for relieving the pain and improving circulation. When you have cayenne pepper internally, it helps to expand your blood vessels and thereby reducing the stress on these surrounding capillaries that are also important in treating spider veins.
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of water or fresh juice
- At first, you add cayenne pepper into the cup of clean water or fresh juice.
- Then, you have this water in the morning throughout the first week once you start taking cayenne pepper.
- In the second week, you raise the amount of cayenne pepper to 1/2 teaspoon.
- Next, you keep on raising 25% of cayenne pepper every week until you start having one tablespoon of cayenne.
- Now, you have 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper with your water or juice for at least 1 month. This also helps to clean out your arteries so that you can remain healthy.
- You can consume cayenne pepper every day to help to treat various medical conditions including this problem.
5. Coconut And Mustard Oil
Oil massage is also one of other very good methods on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home that is used since centuries ago. Massage is a well-known technique to improve your blood circulation as well as a good blood flow to ensure that you do not get spider veins and cure the veins already present on the legs. Both coconut oil and mustard oil are especially recommended for this problem. Mustard oil is good in stimulating your blood circulation and strengthening the valves. On the other hand, coconut oil penetrates deeply into your skin and treats capillaries. It can also help you to restore the normal skin color to remove the color of spider veins.
- Coconut oil
- Or mustard oil
- At first, you warm the oil for a few minutes.
- Then, you take this warm oil into your palms.
- Next, you apply it to the areas where you suffer from spider veins.
- After that, you gently massage these areas.
- While massaging, you try to keep your stroke towards the direction of the heart to improve your blood circulation.
- You should do this way for at least twice per day till you get rid of this problem completely.
Learn more: Use coconut oil for skin care and acne removal
Having foods with bioflavonoids will help you to cure spider veins effectively. Bioflavonoids, the powerful antioxidants, contain anti-inflammatory properties and thereby they help to keep the vein walls strong. In addition, bioflavonoids can also defend the structural integrity of your vascular walls and stop the free radicals from entering in your vessels. There are about two most important bioflavonoids, which may help you in improving your vascular health as well as making your vessels stronger. They are rapeseed and proanthocyanidins. Pycnogenol is found in pine bark that you can usually have it in many forms available in the health stores. When it comes to foods, grapefruits will provide you with the required bioflavonoids to prevent and cure spider veins.
- You should have grapefruits every day.
- You can also consider consuming grapefruit seed extract.
7. Foods With B Vitamins
B Vitamins can aid in keeping the veins strong and actually prevent these veins from occurring. It’s really important for you to take enough folic acid, vitamin B12, and vitamin B in your daily diet, especially if you suffer from blood clots as well as spider veins frequently. Moreover, vitamin B3 is also very effective in improving your blood circulation in the veins.
Have foods that are rich in B vitamins:
- Sunflower seeds
See more: Top health advantages of B vitamins
8. Witch Hazel And Vitamin E Oil
In fact, the combination of witch hazel and vitamin E oil is also one of the effective ways on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home that you should try.
- 1 tablespoon of vitamin E oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of witch hazel
- A small jar
- At first, you combine witch hazel and vitamin E oil in the small jar having a tight lid.
- Then, you shake it well to mix them together.
- Now, you gently apply a little this mixture onto the affected areas and massage it gently.
- After that, you leave it on for some time until it dries completely.
- Finally, you wash your skin areas with cool water and then pat it dry.
- You should repeat this way for three times per day. Nevertheless, if you feel irritation, you should stop using this method.
If you want to discover more ways on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home, you should continue reading the next part of this writing!
Read more: Best drinks for weight loss fast
9. Essential Oils Blend
There are a lot of essential oils that can help to reduce the appearance of these veins, even on the face. Some of such oils are spinach essential oil and carrot essential oil.
Spinach essential oil contains many beneficial properties such as antioxidant, diuretic, laxative, demulcent, and astringent properties. It has the ability to soothe the blood vessels and maintaining proper blood circulation. Whenever the tension of vessels and arteries is reduced, it will also relieve the stress on the cardiovascular system and increase oxygenation in your body. This is very good for a proper functioning of the veins.
Carrot essential oil also contains antiseptic, disinfectant, antioxidant, anticarcinogenic, detoxifying, carminative, diuretic, emenagogue, stimulant, cytophylactic, tonic, and depurative properties. It can stimulate the blood circulation as well as its metabolic function. This oil is a tonic and thereby tones up the muscles and tissues to make them strong and efficient. Besides, carrot seed essential oil can also stimulate the growth of new tissues and cells that will attribute to treat spider veins. This oil relieves the muscle aches too.
Here are simple directions of a useful way on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home that you should try!
- 1 teaspoon of carrot essential oil
- 1 teaspoon of spinach essential oil
- 20 teaspoons of jojoba oil
- A cotton ball
- A bottle or jar
- At first, you combine spinach essential oil, carrot essential oil, and jojoba oil in the bottle or jar
- Then, you shake it well to mix them properly.
- Next, you take a little this mixture onto the cotton ball.
- Now, you dab this cotton ball onto the affected areas with spider veins.
- After that, you leave this mixture on the skin for 30 minutes
- Finally, you wash these areas with cool water.
- You have to repeat this way for twice per day to get the best results.
- This mixture will be safe for about one month when you store this in a cool and dark place.
10. Ginkgo Biloba
The ginkgo Biloba is a useful herb that can strengthen the tissues forming your vein walls. Sometimes, standing or sitting for a long time may stretch vein walls. If it is a regular habit occurring in your daily life, it will weaken the vein walls as well as damage the vein valves, which cause chronic venous insufficiency. Although these spider veins aren’t considered as chronic venous insufficiency, this herb may help to widen and relax your blood vessels to regulate your blood flow. In addition, it can also enhance the tissue oxygenation and improve your blood circulation. Therefore, ginkgo biloba is also used as a good way on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home that you should follow. You may take the extract of ginkgo biloba made from its leaves.
How to take this herb for spider veins:
You can take the extract of ginkgo biloba; ideally 50:1 standardized ginkgo extract because it can give you all its medicinal value. You should take 120 to 240 milligrams of this extract a day, divided into 2 or 3 doses. To start with, you take 40 milligrams of ginkgo extract three times per day. You should consult a natural herbalist to know about its doses as per your requirement.
See more: Best tea recipes for weight loss
11. Horse Chestnut Seed And Witch Hazel
Horse chestnut seeds are very rich in saponins and tannins and contain excellent circulatory and anti-inflammatory properties. Many experts believe that this seed is the best method on how to get rid of spider veins as well as swelling, pain, fatigue, and itching associated with this problem. Horse chestnut seed can strengthen these veins, which have lost their elasticity. According to many clinical studies, horse chestnut can also improve your blood circulation in your legs, decrease inflammation, and strengthen capillaries and veins.
- 10 tablespoons of distilled witch hazel
- 1 tablespoons of horse chestnut tincture
- At first, you take distilled witch hazel.
- Then, you add horse chestnut tincture into this.
- Next, you mix them well to make a mixture.
- Now, you apply this mixture to the areas suffering from spider veins.
- You can buy the extract of this herb that can also provide you with a daily dosage (50 mg of aescin). Aescin is also one of the main ingredients that strengthen capillary cells as well as contains fluid leakage.
- Or, you can take 250 milligrams of standardized horse chestnut seed extract every day until your spider veins disappear.
- Another option, you may also apply creams having horse chestnut topically on the affected areas. You apply it to your spider veins frequently until they disappear. You can use the horse chestnut seed extract and cream for the best results.
Precaution: You don’t have an excessive oral dosage of this extract because it may be toxic. You have to consult your herbalist to know the exact dosage of this extract for your condition.
Bilberry has traditionally used to cure diarrhea, throat and mouth inflammations, eye problems, poor blood circulation, and diabetes. This property of bilberry can improve circulations that help in treating spider veins effectively. Moreover, it is very rich in tannins, flavonoids, phenolic acids, and proanthocyanidins. It also contains an antioxidant property that will protect your veins from the damage of free radicals. In addition to improving blood circulation, bilberry can also strengthen your blood vessels. To sum up, bilberry acts by strengthening capillary walls along with the connective tissues surrounding your veins. Nevertheless, because bilberry can also lower blood sugar, you have to consult a doctor if you are taking diabetes medication.
- You take 20 to 40 mg of bilberry extract for three times per day.
- You should get the extract that contains 25% of anthocyanidins and 25 to 40 mg bilberry.
- Nevertheless, if you are taking pine bark, you avoid using bilberry extract.
Note: You do not take this bilberry extract more than six weeks. If you are taking some blood-thinning medications or anti-inflammatory drugs, you should also avoid taking bilberry.
13. Gotu Kola
Gotu kola belongs to the parsley family that is extensively used nowadays in Europe and the U.S as an excellent way on how to get rid of spider veins along with chronic venous insufficiency. According to many studies, gotu kola can help to reduce swelling and improve your blood flow. Gotu kola may be found easily in many health stores in some forms such as tea, dried herb, tincture, tablets, ointment, and capsules.
How to take gotu kola:
- You can steep the dried gotu kola leaves in warm water to make a tea. Then, you have this tea for 3 times per day
- If you use powdered herb, you have capsules (1000 to 4000 milligrams) for 3 times per day. Nevertheless, it is better for you to consult your herbalist before taking such an amount. You should also practice your herbalists to know about the right dosages for your specific condition.
- Or, you may also consume gotu kola tincture. You have 30 to 60 drops every day.
- Gotu kola extract may also be taken. You have 50 to 250 milligrams of such extract for 2 to 3 times per day. You should buy the extract containing 40 % asiaticoside, 29 to 30 % asiatic acid, 1 to 2 % madecassoside, and 29 to 30 % madecassic acid. For venous insufficiency, you must take about 180 to 200 milligrams of the extract of gotu kola per day on the daily basis. However, it is again an excellent idea to consult your herbalist for getting the right dosages.
Note: Gotu kola is harmful to your liver. You do not use this herb for more than six weeks and consult a doctor before taking it, particularly if you have liver problems. Before consuming gotu kola again after six weeks, you take a mini break of at least two weeks.
14. Vitamin C
Vitamin C can improve the production of proteins called elastin and collagen. Collagen is considered as the building blocks of the blood vessels and skin. Both elastin and collagen help to keep your vein walls more flexible and stronger. In addition, vitamin C can also strengthen your capillaries.
Have foods that are rich in vitamin C:
- Red peppers
- Citrus fruits and juices, particularly orange and lemon
15. Vitamin E
Vitamin E is very rich in fat-soluble and antioxidant compounds. Antioxidants fight against the free radicals that damage the health of your body cells. Moreover, antioxidants can also help to prevent and repair the damaged veins. When you get sufficient vitamin E into your body, it will protect your skin along with cell membranes and strengthen your capillaries. This can prevent the formation of spider veins.
Have foods that are rich in vitamin E:
- Green vegetables
- Vegetable oils
- Nuts and seeds
- Wheat germ oil
16. Include Fiber Into Your Diet
Now, this seems to be confusing to you but consuming fiber is also very important when you're trying to treat spider veins. Fiber can relieve constipation that can put an excessive pressure on the veins. This pressure can weaken your veins as well as cause swelling and blood flow. Therefore, you should have fibrous foods daily, especially the insoluble fiber that will help your body to soften your stool. This can make it easier for the body to eliminate waste without putting pressure on your system.
Foods that is rich in fiber:
Read more: The book of 3 week diet
Apart from foods and natural ways on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home, there are a lot of routines and lifestyle habits that you need to adopt or change if you want to treat spider veins.
- Drink plenty of water to keep the body hydrated. This will help flush toxins from the body and keep your metabolism intact. It seems to be essential for keeping the connective tissues supple.
- You should avoid drinks containing large amounts of caffeine such as soda, caffeinated teas, coffee, etc. They can result in dehydration and constipation that is a contributing factor for the formation of spider veins.
- You should also avoid excessive alcohol. Alcohol can cause the blood vessels to dilate. In addition, excessive alcohol in a long time can cause the veins to dilate permanently that will lead to spider veins.
- You can also use compression stockings because they help boost up your blood flow to your heart without making blood pool in the legs. This is very helpful when you have to stand on the feet during the day for work.
- You should do a few leg-toning exercises to treat spider veins. Walking can also help to increase circulation.
- Exercise daily will help to get a healthy blood circulation. It is also essential for the overall health.
- You do not stand or sit for a longer period at a stretch. Instead, you should move around or change position.
- When you sit for a longer time, you should keep your legs elevated. You do not sit with the legs crossed for longer because it cuts off circulation resulting in spider veins.
- If you’re overweight, you have to lose weight. Excessive weight may put more pressure on the legs causing spider veins.
- You can try to sleep on your back with the legs elevated. You should place a pillow under the legs to increase your blood circulation and reduce pressure on your legs.
- You have to limit your salt consumption because excessive salt can lead to inflammation as well as spider veins.
- You do not smoke. It can harden the arteries and veins leading to spider veins.
- You should also avoid wearing high heels because they put much stress on the veins.
If you want to know more about natural ways for many other diseases and conditions related to your skin and health, go to our main How to page. After reading the article of top 16 ways on how to get rid of spider veins, hope that you can find out the best solutions to treat spider veins naturally at home. Nevertheless, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any natural way. If you have any question, or you know other ways on how to get rid of spider veins naturally at home, please leave them below.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- How to treat hyperpigmentation naturally at home – 19 tips
- Dry cell plans review – can the program work for you?
- Daily diet for good health: 25 best recipes
- Top 15 Home Remedies For Pilonidal Cysts
- 14 Common Signs And Symptoms Of Heat Stroke
- 13 natural anti aging tips for women and men are exposed
- Top 9 Health Benefits Of Basil
- How to get rid of clogged pores on nose, cheeks & chin: 8 tips