As a woman, you definitely desire no-age skin and as you know collagen is responsible for the aging process. To slow down aging, you should focus on your diet to increase collagen levels. In this writing on VKool site in the line of Beauty, I’m going to show you more information about tips on how to increase collagen production by eating the right foods. Check out all of these foods below!
How To Increase Collagen Production – Consume Right Foods To Slow Down Aging
1. Soy Products
Soy products contain genistein. This element gives soy the production of high quality collagen and helps in blocking enzymes that age and break out the skin. Not only soy products contain genistein but also some meat products also contain this element. So, consume all foods that are high in genistein for boosting collagen levels in your body and slowing down aging naturally.
2. Dark Green Vegetables How to increase collagen production with foods? Consider dark green vegetables. There are a lot of dark green vegetables that are high in collagen producing properties such as cabbage, kale and spinach. Add these vegetables to your meals to produce more collagen. In addition, green leafy veggies are also loaded with lutein. This is a kind of antioxidant helping boost your skin elasticity, skin hydration and remove wrinkles. Moreover, dark green vegetables such as asparagus, collards are high in vitamin C and they aid in strengthening the body for manufacturing more collagen as well as utilizing proteins effectively.
3. Beans Beans can help produce an anti-ageing substance that is called hyaluronic acid. This acid in beans, therefore, is beneficial for preventing aging naturally. You just need to consume 2 tablespoons of different types of beans daily to enhance your beauty and fight off your aging. 4. Red Fruits & Vegetables Many red vegetables and fruits are great sources of collagen contents such as beets, tomatoes, red peppers, carrots, sweat potatoes and so on. These foods are high in lycopenes that act like antioxidants and increase the production of collagen. According to a study at the Arizona University, red foods can help build up the extra UV protective layer under skin, so that the skin will be stronger and get rid of damage from the sun.
Especially, tomatoes are high in the lycopene content. To get the highest amounts of lycopenes from tomatoes, you should eat cooked tomatoes than consuming raw tomatoes.
5. Foods Rich In Vitamin A
In a study reported in the Journal of the Investigative Dermatology, 2000, vitamin A is proven to stimulate collagen production in aged skin and photoaged skin. You can get vitamin A from natural sources such as broccoli, fortified cereals, apricots, spinach and sweet potatoes.
Besides, you can consume orange vegetables like carrots. They are high in vitamin A and help in regenerating and restoring damaged collagen.
Alternatively, you can take vitamin A supplements to boost your collagen productions in the body.
6. Red Meats Lysine in red meats is an amino acid that is responsible for the collagen production. Your body needs collagen, but it can’t produce collagen by itself. So, consume red meat to boost your collagen production. Besides, nuts and cheese are also fantastic source of lysine. However, if you are fat or have problems with obesity, limit red meats as they are also fat foods. Try soybean products, instead. 7. Vegetables And Fruits Rich In Vitamin C Next to ways on how to increase collagen, consider consuming vegetables and fruits high in vitamin C such as strawberries, lemons oranges, tomatoes, and kiwis. A study reported in the Journal of Nutrition, US showed middle-age women with the high intake of vitamin C were less to develop their wrinkles than ones who used lower levels.
Vitamin C is very crucial to the production of collagen. Without collagen, amino acids cannot be connected with to form proteins. Besides some fruits above, vegetables such as sprouts and broccoli are also contain high contents of vitamin for encouraging collagen repair which are often called as ascorbyl palmitate, ascorbyl phosphate or L-Ascorbic acid.
8. Foods Rich In Manganese
According to a research from the Oregon State University, the body needs ample amounts of manganese for increasing the production of elastin and collagen, especially for healing wounds. If you are getting old and you had surgery, manganese can help heal your skin. Your diet needs about 2.3 mg of manganese for men and about 1.8 mg for women. The great sources of natural manganese include whole grains, pecans, pineapple and leafy greens, Unorthodox foods such as seaweed and some sea vegetables are rich in manganese, too.
9. Foods Rich In Copper The mineral copper is essential for producing elastin and collagen for strong and firm skin. Like manganese, copper is found in various foods such as animal meat, seeds, nuts and shellfish. In addition, whole grain foods such as pastas and breads are also rich in this mineral. Copper is less found in vegetables and fruits, but you can consume seeds and nuts like cashews, sunflower seeds, almond seed, mushrooms and lentils to boost the production of collagen in the body. A consumption of 0.9 milligrams of copper daily is recommended for your healthy elastin and collagen production. 10. Prunes Next to ways on how to increase collagen, eat prunes. Your skin aging is caused by free radicals, which break down your skin tissues. To get rid of skin aging, you should supply your skin with antioxidants for neutralize free radicals. Among foods on how to increase collagen and fend off aging, this is prunes. It is loaded with high levels of antioxidants. By eating 5 prunes a day, you will get better health boost and slow down your aging.
Beside prunes, blueberries can help increase collagen levels as they contain phytonutrients. These nutrients are linked to strengthening connective tissue matrix and helping your body to produce more collagen. Phytonutrients are organic compounds that are also used in fighting health problems as a natural aspirin and beta-carotene. Good news is that blueberries are tastier than most collagen pills, so you should consume fresh blueberries daily for neutralizing free radicals, preventing skin cell damage and slowing down premature skin aging.
12. Garlic Next to natural ways on how to increase collagen production, don’t forget trying garlic. This is an awesome source of sulfur. This element is necessary for producing collagen in the body. This spice and herb also contains high amounts of taurine and lipoic acid. They are essential for repairing damaged collagen fibers in the skin. Take advantage of this herb for its great benefits for health and beauty by consuming it daily. Add a few cloves of garlic on your foods when cooking or take garlic oil as a natural supplement. 13. Foods Rich In Selenium Selenium is high in some sources such as turkey, Brazil nuts, horsetail berb, kiwi, sprouted seeds, tomatoes, spinach, collards, broccoli, asparagus, peppers, kale, sweet potatoes, papaya and citrus fruits. Selenium can help protect skin from the sun damage and boost the production of glutathione. In fact, glutathione is a powerful antioxidant that acts to reduce the deterioration of elastin and collagen. It helps neutralize free radicals that age skin and damage cells.
14. Foods Rich In Omega Acids
Fish such as tuna and salmon are great sources of omega acids. Some nuts like almonds, cashews and pecans also contain healthy amounts of omega fatty acids or fish oil supplements as well.
In general, foods rich in omega acids help build stronger cells and support the skin structure for getting toned and firm. In addition, omega fatty acids can promote soft, supple and smooth skin.
15. Flaxseed Flaxseed is another good source of omega-3. By consuming flaxseed daily, you can reduce wrinkles and disguise lines. To get the best results, mix flaxseeds with balsamic vinegar and add them to your salad as a salad dressing. Consume this salad to increase the production of collagen naturally without collagen drugs and pills. 16. Turkey Turkey is high in carnosine, this protein helps slowing the process of aging and its signs such as brain degeneration and skin wrinkling. For this reason, you should not skip turkey in your meals. Consume more for boosting your overall health and increasing collagen for anti-aging.
However, keep in mind that just dark chocolate are high in antioxidants that can benefits your health and skin.
I’ve shown you the entire article on how to increase collagen production by eating the right foods. Hope that it is helpful for you to increase your collagen level and fend off your premature aging. Comment upon the writing and share it!