Nowadays, binge drinking is one global pastime, but it can destroy your life as well as your health. Binge drinking means that an individual consumes a large quantity of alcohol in one single sitting. For women, it’s binge drinking if she consumes 4 or more drinks in one single sitting, and for men, it is 5 or more drinks in one single sitting. Drinking alcohol causes many long-term health problems such as liver damage, kidney problem, cirrhosis, pancreatitis, heart disease, impotence, anxiety disorder, reduced immunity, etc. It also causes a number of social problems such as losing job, domestic violence, separation of family members, divorce, etc. Therefore, it becomes imperative to stop this habit as soon as you can. Read on this article of 10 natural solutions on how to quit binge drinking at VKool.com to understand more.
10 Natural Solutions On How To Quit Binge Drinking That Are Helpful For You
1. Kudzu Tea
Basically, Kudzu has been used to treat several ailments and deal with alcoholism naturally since hundreds of years. Particularly, the antioxidants plus other medicinal properties present in it help cure the damages caused to your organs and liver of the body thanks to binge drinking. You can curb alcohol cravings as well as eliminate the sides effects caused due to if you consume kudzu tea regularly. How to quit binge drinking with this tea? The recipe is:
- 4-5 leaves of Kudzu
- 1 cup of water
- ½ tsp honey
- Wire mesh strainer
- First of all, finely chop 4-5 kudzu leaves and next simmer it in one cup of water for around 10-15 minutes.
- Now use a wire mesh strainer to strain it.
- Then, add honey for flavor.
- At last, consume this tea daily for around a month to reduce consuming alcohol.
2. Milk Thistle Tea
Generally, milk thistle extract aids in taking the toxins out of the body. Besides, it also helps in decreasing binge drinking effects on your body. Plus, it allows you to alleviate the problem of alcohol consumption as well as quit binge drinking. Moreover, this tea is also very helpful in reducing the quantity of bad cholesterol from your body, thereby allowing you to decrease the risks of developing one heart-related disorder. How to make this tea? Here is the recipe:
- 4 -5 milk thistle leaves
- 1 glass of hot water
- ½ tsp honey
- Muslin bag
- First of all, crush 4-5 dry leaves of milk thistle and next put them in one muslin bag.
- Now steep the bag in hot water (a glass) for around 5-10 minutes. Then, add honey for flavor.
- Afterward, consume this concoction immediately.
- You should consume this drink twice or thrice a day to quit binge drinking gradually.
3. Dates And Water Solution
Date in this recipe is very valuable in managing sugar cravings, which can result in alcohol consumption due to its great source of natural sugars. In addition, the healthy vitamins housed in it will allow you to control alcohol cravings, thus, will inhibit you from associating yourself in binge drinking. How to quit binge drinking with this solution? Follow the steps below:
- 7-8 dates
- 8 oz water
- The first step is to crush 5-6 dates and next add to 8 ounces of water in a glass.
- Now mix thoroughly and consume this mixture 2-3 times per day.
- It is advisable to continue drinking this solution for about a month to tackle alcohol cravings and to stop binge drinking as well.
Read on: 8 Health Advantages Of Dates
4. Celery Juice
Like dates, celery is also one natural source of sugar. Thus, it is beneficial for controlling sugar cravings. Celery juice allows you to avoid the alcohol and quit binge drinking gradually by replenishing the quantity of sugar in your body. Here is the recipe how to quit binge drinking:
- 200gms celery
- You need to wash 200gms of celery carefully to remove any soil clinging and harmful pesticides to it.
- Cut the tail and tip of celery, but keep the leaves to stay.
- You should cut celery in some small pieces to fit them in the juicer.
- Now run the celery in that juicer for around 5-10 minutes.
- You can either consume this celery juice fresh or store it in your refrigerator for 30 minutes before consuming.
- By consuming celery juice regularly, it will help you on how to quit binge drinking.
5. Bitter Gourd And Buttermilk Juice
Bitter gourd comprises of plant p-Insulin, cucurbitane triterpenoids, charantin, and other compounds like momordicin and oleanolic acids, which all are very effective in lowering alcohol cravings and lastly allowing you to stop binge drinking. Another ingredient in this juice is buttermilk. It is beneficial against dehydration, calms the digestive tract, and aids with high blood pressure level as well. Besides, this juice is also very beneficial in curing the damages caused the kidneys and liver due to alcohol consumption. How to quit binge drinking with this juice? Here are detailed guides:
- 1 glass of buttermilk
- 1 to 2 bitter gourd
- Cut a bitter gourd’s skin and next slice this through the center.
- Now remove the seeds and the white flesh inside.
- Then, cut the bitter gourd’s the outer flesh into small pieces.
- Now in one blender, run them for around 4-5 minutes. Filter it by using a strainer.
- After this, add the bitter gourd juice to buttermilk (one glass) and mix well.
- Drink the solution in the morning on an empty stomach.
- It is recommended to drink this mixture regularly as the first thing in the morning for a month to stop binge drinking.
6. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper comprises of capsorubin, capsanthin, and capsaicin, which are proven to decrease alcohol cravings and also lessen alcohol withdrawal symptoms, finally giving you prevention against binge drinking. Besides, it also aids in increasing the appetite. The most common symptom of alcohol including shakiness, nervousness anxiety and irritability are reduced by using cayenne pepper. Follow the simple steps how to quit binge drinking below:
- Cayenne pepper
- Simply, you just need to add cayenne pepper to all your meals.
- Don’t forget, not to overuse the remedy.
7. Grape Diet
Grapes contain PCOs (procyanidolic oligomers) having antioxidant characteristics. These antioxidants act effectively against the body’s the free radicals. By detoxifying the body, this fruit helps in controlling alcohol cravings and preventing you from binge drinking. How to quit binge drinking with grape? The method is:
- 1 to 2 kg grapes
- In one grape diet, simply you are allowed to have grapes for about four times in a day.
- Continue this diet for about 4 weeks to tackle alcohol consumption.
Read on: 9 Heath Advantages Of Grape Juice
8. Gotu Kola
Generally, this remedy is best for people who drink alcohol due to depression, stress, or anxiety. The main effect of Gotu kola is on your nervous system. Especially, it soothes and calms the brain, and alleviates the feeling of stress, anxiety and depression, which often lead to binge drinking. Moreover, before going to sleep consuming gotu kola makes you have a good sleep.
You will need:
- 1 tsp of dried powder of gotu kola leaves
- 1 cup of drinking water
- Add the gotu kola powder (1tsp) to one cup of water and next bring it to a boil for 5-10 minutes.
- Now filter it using a strainer and then consume this drink prior to going to bed.
- Drink this tea frequently for around 3-4 weeks to decrease alcohol cravings and stop binge drinking as well.
9. Ashwagandha Tea
Generally, ashwagandha has been used to treat a wide range of disorders in human since thousands of years. It contains very powerful antioxidant characteristics that are considered effective for the nervous system. Like gotu kola, it helps in reducing nervousness and stress. Hence, consuming ashwagandha tea regularly will decrease alcohol cravings, inhibiting you from binge drinking.
- 5 to 8 gms dried ashwagandha root
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of honey (optional)
- Wire mesh strainer
- Boil the dried ashwagandha root in about two to three cups of water for around 20 minutes.
- Next, remove the roots by using a wire mesh strainer. You can add honey for flavor.
- Consume this tea hot for best results.
- It is recommended to consume this tea for around 3-4 times in one day for one month to quit binge drinking.
Read on: 3 Week Diet Review
10. Basil And Apple Juice
Basil is packed with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics. It neutralizes the free radicals in the body and decreases the damage induced by alcohol consumption. On the other hand, apple acts as a natural cleanser and aids in removing the build-up of toxins in your body because of alcohol consumption. Besides, it contains a high water content, which helps in boosting the improvement period of organs that are affected by binge drinking. Thus, this juice helps in controlling the alcohol cravings, preventing you from alcohol and binge drinking.
You will need:
- 2 to 3 apples
- 5 to 6 basil leaves
- First of all, cut the apples into small pieces. Next, add the pieces to one blender.
- Then, add the basil leaves to these apple pieces.
- Now blend all these ingredients for around 10 minutes.
- After this, filter it by using a strainer.
- Drink fresh. The regular consumption of this drink can assist you to stop binge drinking.
Read on: 9 Health Advantages Of Basil
If you desire to know more useful tips, natural remedies associated with health problems, you can visit our main How To page. Keep in mind that drinking not only affects you but also harms the other around you. Thus, it is recommended to follow the above mentioned natural remedies, and quit binge drinking immediately.