Basically, mild stains are not difficult to remove with normal washing, yet sometimes it can be completely difficult to get rid of it and in the procedure of cleaning you can even lose your favorite clothing. The stubborn stains like that of one wine is one such case, which is quite hard to remove. You should remove the wine stains as soon as possible. Below VKool has suggested a few ways on how to remove wine stains. You should follow them accordingly and also you might save the shirt from dying.
12 Ways On How To Remove Wine Stains You Should Know
1. Club Soda And Salt Combo
How to remove wine stains with this combination? Here are detailed guides:
- As you get one stain, you should cover the stain fast with one thick layer of salt and pour your club soda on the top of it.
- Allow the stain to sit for a few hours prior to brushing off all the salt from the cloth.
- Both ingredients together can double the chances of cleansing the stain effectively.
Salt is one of the necessary elements in our life. How to remove wine stains with salt? Here are detailed instructions:
- Salt can be very helpful if your stain is fresh. Thus, if salt is available, you need to sprinkle it over your stained area, making one thick layer over it.
- Ensure that your stain is completely covered. Let it sit for some minutes.
- The salt will soak that wine and it’ll be easier in order to brush it off afterwards.
- Salt is a great stain removal ingredient. However, it works best as applied within a few of minutes of spillage.
- The salt crystals absorb easily the red wine which hasn’t yet soaked into the fabric completely.
- Most of the natural fabrics such as cotton, linen and denim soak faster than synthetic materials. Thus, stains on the natural fabrics should be cured quicker than synthetic.
3. Club Soda
Here is the way to use club soda to remove wine stains:
- Simply, you just need to pour the soda over your stained area.
- Allow the liquid to bubble up.
- Keep pouring this soda over your stain till the color disappears.
- When your stain is removed, leave the fabric to dry.
- Clean up any club soda or spilt using a paper tissue.
- Avoid water because soda’s carbonation helps get rid of stains by working as stain lifting agents.
- Club soda contains a lower pH than the normal water. Club soda contains weak acids thanks to low pH values that are known to help get rid of stains.
- You should stay away from using any flavored club soda as removing stains.
Milk acts in the same way as the club soda. Generally, the milk’s white consistency may considerably override the red color. How to remove wine stains with milk? Here are easy steps for you to follow:
- Just pour this milk heftily over your stained area.
- Let it get absorbed into your fabric. Then, blot the stain with a tea towel or paper towel.
- Avoid rubbing since this will ruin your fabric and also spread the stain more.
- The stain will be disappeared in a few hours.
- After this, wash it normally to get rid of any excess liquid as well as odor.
- Alternatively, you can also soak the fabric in one bowl or bucket of milk for a couple of hours, as per the size of your stain.
Learn more: 7 Health And Nutritional Advantages Of Raw Milk
Using vodka is also one of the best ways to remove red wine stains. Here is the method:
- Simply pour this vodka over your whole stained area.
- Blot the stain using one clean white cloth and then keep on pouring.
- Let the vodka completely absorb the stain. After this, wash it normally.
- Red wine includes color pigments or anthocyanins which can be easily dissolved by alcohol.
- Apart from the vodka, you can gin or any clear alcohol to remove the stain.
6. Baking Soda And White Wine Combo
How to remove wine stains with this combo? Here are step by step directions:
- The first step is to soak your stain the white wine. The white wine helps in diluting the color while stopping your stain from setting in.
- Prepare one baking soda paste by combining baking soda plus water in a ratio of 3-1. Mix both to create a paste.
- Now, apply a layer of the baking soda paste over your stained area.
- Allow it to stay for about an hour.
- Keep spraying with water regularly to maintain the area moist, it’ll prevent the stain from setting into your fabric.
- Wash it as normal after stain gets fades.
- Instead of white wine, you can use tap water.
Learn more: 13 Baking Soda Uses On Household And Beauty
7. Sponge With Hot Water
Here are easy steps you can follow:
- Take a little hot water and then sponge the fabric with this.
- Blot the stained part and then lift out this excess liquid as much as you can before applying the product.
- Blotting helps in absorbing as much of your stain as possible.
- Washing after the sponge will help get rid of remaining stain easily.
8. Hydrogen Peroxide And Soap
How to remove wine stains with the combination of hydrogen peroxide and soap? Here is the method:
- Take equal parts of soap and hydrogen peroxide into a bottle and next mix it well.
- Pour on, spray or sponge the solution evenly onto your stain. Then, blot it using a paper towel.
- The soap reacts with the hydrogen peroxide and helps in getting the job done.
- If possible, one spray bottle is regarded better. The bubbles help remove the stain out of your fabric more completely, like to the carbonation in the club soda.
- If your stain has only absorbed through a side of a 2-sided clothing piece, make sure to hold one towel between both sides. It will help inhibit any leakage when you spray and blot.
9. Boiling Water
How to remove wine stains with boiling water? Here are simple steps:
- Boil the water heavily and stretch your stained fabric in the sink.
- Pour this boiling water onto your fabric generously till the stain is removed.
- Dry the fabric using some paper towels.
- Although, the hot water sets in a few other stains, yet it has been favorable red wine stains thanks to its fruit based elements.
- Don’t use water on wool or silk because water weakens such fabrics.
Here is the method to use toothpaste to remove wine stains:
- Simply, you apply a little quantity of toothpaste prior to washing the clothes.
- Toothpaste acts wonders on wine stains.
11. Dawn And Hydrogen
How to get rid of wine stains with this combination? The method is:
- Mix together equal parts of hydrogen peroxide and Dawn dishwashing detergent.
- Pour the mixture over your wine stain and leave it to soak in.
- You should notice the stain start to fade almost instantly.
- After you have let the mixture soak into that stain, launder your clothing normally. This trick acts best on the light colored clothes since hydrogen peroxide has one tendency to bleach.
12. Laundry Detergent And White Vinegar
Here are easy and simple steps for you to follow:
- Cover the stain with the white vinegar, which neutralizes red and purple pigments.
- Immediately after applying this vinegar, rub in the liquid detergent and later launder in hot water.
- The stain should lift.
Precaution To Take Prior To Removing Wine Stains
- Decide whether the fabric can carry powerful cleaning products.
- See the label for your fabric’s components, cleaning instructions as well as warnings.
- Silk and wool are very fragile fabrics, they can’t withstand chlorine bleach.
- If warnings are not indicated on the label, you browse online to make sure your fabric can carry the cleaning product.
- Don’t attempt in order to wash those clothes on your own.
To get more information related to useful tips, go to our main How To page. Hope that this article will assist you to find more useful and easy ways on how to remove wine stains. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, we will respond you soon. You can share the other methods to get rid of wine stains with us in the comments section.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 28 Health And Beauty Benefits Of Cinnamon You Should Know
- The rules of a gentleman: a list of rules for men to follow
- 16 good ways to relax at home after work revealed!
- Treatment for MRSA infection at home
- The dessert angel PDF review – does Helen Aka’s cookbook work?
- Rice kheer recipe: 15 easy and simple dishes
- List Of 60 Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes
- Health & beauty benefits of pineapple – top 14 benefits