Toothaches can cause pain in your teeth as well as around your jaws. Several main causes of toothaches include cavities, an infection, a cracked tooth, an exposed tooth root, gum disease, jaw joint disorder, or a loose filling. Do you want to know which ways will help you cure a toothache effectively & fast? If your answer is “Yes”, then you should read this writing. In this article, VKool.com will show you top 12 solutions on how to stop a toothache quick at home. The writing collected a list of safe and effective solutions for treating toothache from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 12 at-home solutions on how to stop a toothache quick in more detail!
How To Stop A Toothache Quick At Home: 12 Solutions
Garlic that helps you end the hair loss problem also helps you deal with toothache. Using garlic can also bring instant relief from toothache. Especially, garlic contains antibiotic and other medicinal properties which can be very useful in reducing the pain. Here are detailed instructions on how to stop a toothache with garlic:
- Mix garlic powder or a crushed clove of garlic with a little black salt or table salt and then apply it directly on your affected tooth to get rid of the pain. Or simply, you can chew about one or two garlic cloves to get relief.
- You should repeat this natural remedy for a few days.
2. Pepper And Salt
Pepper combined with salt can be of good use when one tooth becomes extremely sensitive as two ingredients have antibacterial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. How to stop a toothache with this mixture? What you need to do:
- Mix common salt and pepper in equal amounts with water (a few drops) to form a paste.
- Afterwards, apply this paste directly on your affected tooth and leave it to stay for a few minutes.
- It is recommended to do this way every day for several days.
Learn more: benefits of using black and white pepper
Onions have antimicrobial and antiseptic properties that help in controlling a toothache. In addition, it can provide immediate relief from pain by fighting off all germs causing an infection. For the most beneficial results, you can use it like follow:
- Simply, you can chew raw onion for some minutes in order to relieve the pain.
- Another option is to place a raw onion piece directly on your bad tooth or gum.
Cloves contain anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anesthetic and antioxidant properties that help in alleviating tooth pain as well as fight infection. Here are step by step instructions on how to stop a toothache with cloves:
- You grind 2 whole cloves. Then mix in any vegetable oil or a little olive oil and now apply on your affected tooth.
- Another choice is to dab one cotton ball in the clove oil and then rub it directly on your sore tooth. Alternatively, you can mix clove oil (a few drops) in water (half a glass) and use it as one mouth rinse.
Dental problems like bleeding gums and toothaches can be cured at home with asafetida. For positive effects, you can do as follows:
- Simply add powdered asafetida (1/2 teaspoon or a pinch) to lemon juice (two teaspoons) and later warm it slightly. After that, use one cotton pad to apply this solution on your affected area. This way will give you instant relief from the pain.
- Or, asafetida fried in the clarified butter may be put in your tooth cavity for quick relief.
6. Guava Leaves
Fresh leaves of guava can also stop a toothache, due to their analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. Here are detailed guides on how to stop a toothache with guava leaves:
- Simply, chew 1-2 tender guava leaves till the juice begins working on your affected tooth. Or, you can use raw leaves of spinach in the same way.
- Another option is to put 4-5 leaves of guava leaves water and then boil it. Allow the mixture to cool to one warm temperature and then add some salt. You should use this solution as one mouthwash.
There are a lot of other effective solutions on how to stop a toothache presented in this article, so continue reading!
7. Vanilla Extract
Vanilla extract is also a great remedy for dealing with toothache as it helps in numbing the pain. In addition, the vanilla contains a calming effect. To use it for treating toothache, what you need to do:
- First of all, dip one cotton swab in the vanilla extract and then dab it on your affected area.
- It is recommended to do this remedy a few times per day till you get relief.
8. Ice Cubes
Ice can also help remove tooth pain. Here are detailed instructions on how to stop a toothache with this way:
- Wrap one small ice cube in one thin cotton cloth. Then hold it on the cheek near the aching tooth for a couple of minutes.
- An acupressure technique which can alleviate the pain is to apply an ice cube between your thumb and index finger for a few minutes.
9. Salt Water
Salt helps in cleaning the area around your tooth as well as draws out the fluids causing swelling and helps to decrease the toothache. For satisfied results, you can do as follows:
- Take 1 tablespoon of salt and then mix it well in warm water (a glass) and see that this salt has to be completely dissolved
- After that, take this salt water into the mouth and now gargle it.
- You had better repeat this process as needed.
Read on: The Book For Diet
10. Hydrogen Peroxide
The hydrogen peroxide contains an anti bacterial property. It helps to fight off the bacteria as well as gives relief from discomfort and pain. For the better results, what you need to do:
- Take a little hydrogen peroxide and then gargle it.
- You can gargle hydrogen peroxide by diluting with water if it tastes too horrid.
11. Peppermint Leaves
Peppermint has anti inflammatory components that help to reduce soreness and swelling in your affected area as well as prevent the toothache naturally. Here are step-by-step directions on how to stop a toothache with peppermint leaves:
- Take a fresh leaves of peppermint and then chew it for some minute or you can also hold these dried leaves in your affected are.
- Or, you can make peppermint tea by taking dried peppermint leaves (1 teaspoon) into boiling water (a cup), steep for about 20 minutes.
- Allow this tea to stay for cooling, next swish it around in the mouth and then split it out. You should repeat this process regularly.
12. Tea Tree Oil
This oil contains the antiseptic and anti inflammatory property which helps to reduce the swelling from your nerves and gums and it can penetrate deep down inside your tooth and fights off the bacteria causing the problem of toothache.
- Take a cotton swab and then add tea tree oil (few drops) in it. After that, place it on your problem spot.
- Or simply, you can add tea tree oil (few drops) in warm water (a small glass) and rinse the mouth with that water.
- Swish a little alcohol like whiskey, scotch, vodka or brandy. All you need to do is soak one cotton ball in your hard liquor such as brandy, whisky or vodka and then apply it on your affected part of the tooth to help to reduce the toothache.
- Potatoes contain anti-inflammatory property that helps in absorbing the excess moisture as well as removing inflammation that causes the toothache. First of all, take a fresh potato and next cut if off in many small pieces and now apply it on your tooth pain.
- Lemon has citric acid which decreases the inflammation as well as reduces the inflammation & kills bacteria causing toothache. In addition, vitamin C of lemon helps as immune system in order to remove the bacteria and infection naturally. All you need to take a lime and next cut it into many slices and then apply in on your affected area.
- Take fresh plantains leaves and then chew it in the mouth.
- Take a fresh cucumber piece and hold it on your sore area. Or simply, you can try by mashing cucumber with salt and then place it on the sore throat.
- Take a few cayenne peppers and then make it like one paste by including some water to this. Afterwards, apply in on your problem area. Another option is to take the powder of ginger and cayenne pepper in equal quantity and make it like one paste by adding the apple cider vinegar in this. Then, apply it on your affected area.
- Take a few black peppers and then make it like one fine paste by adding a little water to it. Then apply this paste on your problem area and allow it for around few minutes.
- Baking soda contains natural property that helps heal your toothache as well as its pain. You need to take a cotton swab and next moisten it in some water. Now dip this swab in your baking soda, ensure that this swab has absorbed the baking soda and now place it on your affected area. Or simply, you can apply it like one mouth wash by mixing baking soda (one tablespoon) in luke warm (a small glass) to warm water. Then swish this mixture in your mouth.
- Take one wet Lipton tea bag and then hold it on your affected area of tooth. Or simply, you can try one cold wet tea bag by placing it in cold water for a few minutes before using unless the tooth is sensitive to this cold.
- Extract the wheatgrass juice by using mixture grinder or blender and use this juice as one mouth wash. Another option is to chew the wheat grass for the better results.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and later apply it on your affected area. Lemon contains pain reliever and also has critic acid and anti inflammatory which helps to prevent the problem of toothache.
- Avocado contains antioxidant property to treat the toothache. All you need to do is to take avocado seeds in toasted or drain form and next blend it to create it fine powder. Afterward, apply this avocado seeds powder to your tooth where it is decayed and later cover it with cotton. This remedy is not suggested for pregnant women.
- Take a few barks of Bay Berry and then make it like one paste by mixing this with vinegar. After that apply this paste on your affected & hurting tooth in order to get the immediate relief from the pain.
- Oils contain a soothing property as well as inflammatory property in order to get healed from the problem of toothache when it is massaged and applied gently on your affected tooth. For the best result, you can oils take several drops of like sesame oil, oregano oil, sunflower oil, clove oil, nutmeg oil and after that apply in your affected part either by use the cotton ball or swish it.
- Turmeric contains anti bacterial and anti septic property which helps in healing the pain and toothache as well. Mix turmeric powder (a teaspoon) with purified water and make it like one fine paste. Then, apply this paste on your affected part of the tooth using the cotton ball. You can add a little honey to improve the taste.
- Myrrh has the astringent effects that help to inflammation as well as kill the bacteria in order to prevent the pain and toothache. You just need to simmer powdered myrrh (about 1 teaspoon) in water (2 cups) for about half an hour. Strain it and allow it to cool for some minutes. Wash it off with 1 teaspoon of solution in ½ cup of water for about 5-6 times a day.
To get more information related to effective way for health problems, go to our main How To page. Try these effective and simple ways right away and be relieved from toothache. You had better get regular dental check-ups. After studying the writing of 12 solutions on how to stop a toothache quick at home, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to treat toothache fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any way. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other toothache remedies to us.
Related articles on tooth problem: