Burping, also called eructation or belching, is one of the ways your body releases excess gas from your stomach.
It is usually accompanied with an odor and at times, a typical sound. The gas inside our stomach might also lead to abdominal cramps and pain that vary in duration and severity.
There are 2 major trigger factors that lead to burping – the poor digestion of foods that may result in a gas overproduction inside the digestive system or swallowing excess air while eating.
Sometimes, burping is associated with an underlying medical disease like celiac disease, lactose intolerance, peptic ulcers, gastritis, fructose malabsorption, and gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
How To Stop Excessive Burping Naturally – Best Natural Treatments:
Though burping is a natural bodily function, it could be uncomfortable and embarrassing at times. To stop and prevent burping, you should try making use of some simple natural remedies listed down in this article to reduce the overproduction of gas in your stomach.
Note: Thought there is nothing to worry about the occasional burping as it is normal, as persistent burping can indicate an underlying digestive issue, you need to consult your doctor.
Quick tips on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home that people should try:
- Reduce your stress level because excessive stress can influence your breathing and can lead to swallowing air.
- Take a brisk walk for ten to fifteen minutes after eating.
- Stop smoking because inhaling cigarette smoke can lead to excessive swallowed air
- If you wear dentures, ensure that they are properly fitted. Poorly adjusted dentures can make you swallow air and chew abnormally.
- Avoid sucking on hard candy
- Do not use straws to drink beverages, especially carbonated drinks.
- Drink beverages slowly so that you will be able to avoid swallowing excessive air
- Avoid talking when you chew and chew your foods thoroughly with your mouth closed.
- Eat food slowly because quick eating can make you swallow excess air, leading to hiccups and burping.
The article today will show people some good tips on how to stop excessive burping that are very useful and easy to apply.
Here are the home remedies you will be able to learn in this entire writing:
This is the first tip on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home that I want to reveal in this entire writing and my readers should learn and make use as soon as possible.
All your efforts to prevent burping would be ineffective if you do not try to avoid consuming gas-producing foods. Foods that are abundant in carbohydrates as well as fats often are the leading causes of gas and should be avoided or restricted for some time. Some of the foods that can lead to excessive gas are:
- Vegetables like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peas, onions, green peppers, cabbage, cucumbers, broccoli asparagus, raw potatoes, and radishes.
- Packaged foods with lactose, such as bread and cereals
- Wheat and wheat bran
- Sugar and sugar substitutes
- Fruits like raw apples, prunes, pears, peaches, apricots, melons, and bananas
- Beans and other legumes
- Milk and other dairy products that contain lactose
- Carbonated drinks, beer and red wine
Another tip on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home that people should try is the use of holy basil.
Its powerful carminative and antispasmodic properties can aid in expelling gas and easing other gastrointestinal discomforts, including indigestion, bloating, and stomach pain. There are 2 simple ways people can try with the support of holy basil to deal with burping at home:
- First, you just need to drink basil tea two or three times on a daily basis. To prepare this herbal tea, steep 1 tsp. of basil leaves in one cup of hot water within about five minutes. Strain the tea and add some honey for more taste before drinking it.
- Alternatively, to prevent belching, you can try chewing four to five holy basil leaves slowly every morning.
When it comes to excessive burping, holy basil is among the best, so try it out!
Asafetida, also called hing, thanks to its antiflatulent properties, can help in controlling gas formation due to acidity effectively. It also contains antispasmodic properties that can help to reduce stomachaches due to abdominal gas. There are 2 simple ways you can try with the support of asafetida right at your own home:
- First, you just need to use asafetida powder to add to your soups or curries.
- Also, mix a pinch of asafetida in 1 glass of warm water. Consume this solution two or three times per day to achieve the best results as desired.
Note: If you take high blood pressure medication, do not consume asafetida.
In fact, this is among the most useful tips on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home without the need for using any type of drugs, pills, or medical interventions that people should not miss!
Another tip on how to stop excessive burping naturally that I want to reveal in this article is the use of anise seeds. Anise seed contains many components that treat belching and aid digestion. The powerful carminative properties contained in anise seeds can help in reducing bloating and expelling gas buildup in your digestive tract.
A research published in ISRN Pharmaceutics in 2012 highlighted several health benefits of anise, such as gastric protective and muscle relaxant properties. There are two ways for you to make use of anise seeds to reduce burping:
- First, you just need to add one teaspoon of anise seeds (lightly crushed) to one cup of boiling water. Cover the tea, allow it to steep for about five minutes and then strain it. Consume anise tea 2 times per day to achieve the best results.
- Chew half a tsp. of anise seeds to support your digestive system after a meal and help to reduce the production of gas.
Fennel is a traditional remedy that can help to reduce burping as well. Its powerful carminative nature can help to prevent the gas formation and soothe the digestive tract as well as preventing other digestive issues, including heartburn, bloating, and indigestion. Here is how you can make use of fennel to reduce excessive burping naturally:
- First, you can try adding one tsp. of crushed fennel seeds to one cup of hot water. Allow it to steep for about ten minutes, and then strain the tea well. Consume it 2 times per day to achieve the best results as desired.
- Alternatively, you can try chewing a half to one tsp. of fennel seeds (dry-roasted) after consuming a meal to expel gas through your intestinal tract and reduce belching.
Actually, people should try making use of this tip on how to stop excessive burping right from today as it is very simple and cheap.
Cardamom can help to increase the production of digestive juices inside our tummy, thereby lowering the chance of gas formation. The carminative property of cardamom can help the digestive system work well and reduce bloating and flatulence. There are some simple ways you will need to follow if you want to make use of cardamom to reduce excessive burping:
- First, you can try adding one tsp. of crushed cardamom pods to a cup of boiling water. Allow the solution to simmer within about five to ten minutes. Strain the solution, add some honey for more taste and consume it after consuming any meal.
- Alternatively, you can try chewing 2 – 3 whole pods of cardamom two or three times on a daily basis to relieve stomach gas.
This is also a good tip on how to stop excessive burping that people should consider making use as soon as possible.
Consuming chamomile tea will allow the abdominal gas to be released through the digestive system instead of belching. It will also aid effectively in relieving intestinal cramping.
A research published in Molecular Medicine in 2011 noted that chamomile can help to sooth the stomach and relieve stomach gas. It could be made use for dealing with several gastrointestinal issues, including upset stomach, colic, spasms, and flatulence. There are some simple steps making use of this item that you can use to reduce burping at home:
- Put one chamomile teabag in one cup and pour a cup of boiled water over it.
- Allow it to steep within about five to ten minutes.
- Remove the teabag and sip this tea.
- Consume chamomile tea two or three times per day.
Probiotic foods can help in restoring your gut bacteria’s natural balance. An imbalance of the bacteria within your digestive system could contribute to belching and gas formation.
Probiotic foods could even help in treating different digestive issues, ranging from bloating to irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea to constipation. Here are 2 simple ways for you to deal with excessive burping with the help of probiotic.
- First and foremost, after consulting your doctor, you can opt for taking probiotic supplements.
- You can also consume some of the best probiotic foods, such as sour pickles, buttermilk, kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, and Greek yogurt.
This is actually one of the best tips on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home.
Peppermint is actually used widely to deal with burping. Its antispasmodic property can help to relax the digestive tract, reducing the gas formation inside the stomach. It can even improve the flow of bile and promote the overall digestive system. There are some simple steps you can try right away to deal with and beat off the excess burping issue with the support of peppermint:
- Put one tsp. of dried peppermint leaves in 1 cup of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for about ten minutes, and then strain the tea well.
- Consume peppermint tea two or three times per day to achieve the best results.
Note: People who have a history of gallstones should not make use of peppermint.
This is the last but very important tip on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home that I want to reveal in this entire article and want you and my other readers to learn and make use as soon as possible.
Ginger is actually a useful natural remedy that can help to prevent excess gas. The powerful carminative properties of ginger can help to relax the gastrointestinal muscles, hence preventing bloating, burping, and gas. It can help to promote digestion, calm the stomach and help in relieving abdominal pain as well. There are 2 simple for you to try with the support of ginger to deal with and prevent excess burping at home:
- First, you just need to consult a prestigious doctor, and then take a ginger supplement with the correct dosage.
- Alternatively, you can try putting 1 tbsp. of thin ginger slices within 1 cup of hot water. Cover and allow it to steep within ten minutes. Strain the tea and add some lemon juice and honey for more taste, and consume the tea two or three times on a daily basis.
After introducing the entire writing today with some tips on how to stop excessive burping naturally at home, I also recommend my readers to spend time reading one more related writing with the similar topic – the Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Belching article. This is a full collection of 10 best treatments for belching and burping that depend on natural ingredients and will bring about the best results within a short time period. In fact, the home remedies revealed in this entire article are natural and do not require the support of any type of drugs, pills, or medical interventions, so people will not need to worry about the harmful side effects they probably get when making use of these home remedies. One more thing, the ingredients required for these home remedies are available and very cheap so that people will not have to spend too much time, money, and efforts at all.
The list above covers 10 wonderful tips on how to stop excessive burping naturally that are proven good by scientific proves and studies, thus readers of Vkool.com just need to make use of the remedies revealed in this list without concerning about the effectiveness of the remedies suggested and any harmful side effect they could cause. If you feel that these home remedies are very good for your current condition and also very useful for any other people you know who are dealing with the similar issue, then you can freely share this list widely to make use together with any people you want. If you have any question about the content of the article, leave your comments and feedbacks below.
Related articles on the stomach and digestive problems topic, the common health issues, and how to deal with them at home:
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- 19 Best Natural Solutions Of Treatment For Hookworms
- 10 Natural Ways On How To Remove Cholesterol Deposits Around Eyes
- 10 home remedies for bad breath in children and adults
- Benefits of spices and herbs in cooking food are revealed
- How to feel younger and have more energy – 20 ways
- 30 Benefits of pumpkin seeds for skin, hair and health
- 25 natural beauty tips and secrets for women that work
- 12 Useful ways on how to use apple cider vinegar for nail fungus