It will be normal to urinate 4 to 6 times per day; however, if it is more than this number, you can be suffering from the frequent urination problem, especially when you urinate more than eight times per day. This problem can be caused by diabetes, anxiety, pregnancy, bladder stones, urinary tract infection, prostate problem, and kidney infections. If you do not drink excess water or drink it too close to the bedtime and still must urinate more than eight times per day or wake up frequently at night, you have to visit your doctor for causes of frequent urination. This will become crucial if your problem is accompanied by chills and fever. If there is nothing too serious about this problem, you may use either of these ways to get rid of frequent urination.
In this writing, VKool.com will show to you top 29 ways on how to stop frequent urination naturally at night without any side effect. This article listed the best methods to treat this problem from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Continue reading this article to understand more!
Top 9 Ways On How To Stop Frequent Urination Naturally At Night
If your problem is caused by a prostate problem, pomegranate will be very useful in making a good way on how to stop frequent urination naturally at night. Pomegranates have antioxidant properties and some natural components such as polyphenols, ellagic acid, and anthocyanins. However, the most effective thing for the frequent urination caused by the prostate problem is its juice that can inhibit an enzyme producing estrogen, the possible reason for benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in older men. Besides, the antioxidants of pomegranate eliminate free radicals that can damage the cellular membranes or deoxyribonucleic acid leading to prostate cancer.
- Pomegranates – 4 to 7 (enough to make 1 to 1 ½ cups of juice)
- Firstly, you separate the seeds from these pomegranates.
- Then, you take out the juice.
- Finally, you have this juice.
- You should have it for about 1 to 1 ½ cups of pomegranate juice per day.
2. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds are a good source of phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals including zinc. These seeds not only act as a laxative, a remedy for a cough and bronchitis, and digestive agent but also are also an excellent way on how to stop frequent urination naturally at night. If you have urine leakage and the want to urinate frequently, you may consider this way for good.
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 to 4 tablespoons
- A pan
- Firstly, you dry roast these fenugreek seeds in the pan till they change their color into dark brown and have a nice aroma.
- Now, you let the seeds get cool for a few minutes.
- After that, you grind them to powder.
- Next, you store this powder in a bottle with a lid.
- Finally, you take ½ teaspoon of the roasted fenugreek seed powder along with water.
- You may have it daily.
3. Do Kegel Exercises
Your pelvic floor muscles will support and hold up your bladder. When the pelvic floor muscles are weak, you may have urine leakage and frequent urination and even urinary incontinence. Kegel exercises may improve the strength of these pelvic floor muscles drastically and assist you in getting rid of frequent urination along with some other urine-related problems.
- At first, you have to identify the pelvic floor muscles. To do this, when you are urinating, you stop urinating midstream. If you’re able to stop urination midway, you will know the muscle that you have contracted.
- Now, to do kegel exercise, you have to empty your bladder fully.
- Next, you lie down on the back.
- Then, you tighten your pelvic floor muscles. You just pull and squeeze these muscles.
- You haven’t to tense the muscles in the buttocks, legs, or abdomen. You don’t also hold your breath. Instead, you breathe freely while doing this exercise.
- You have contracted these muscles, kept this squeeze for 5 to 10 seconds, and relaxed for another 5 to 10 seconds.
- Finally, you do this again, contract your muscles, keep, and relax. You should repeat this process for 5 to 11 times in a row.
- You may do this exercise for 3 to 4 times every day. It means that you have to do 3 to 4 sets of 11 contractions daily.
- Like other exercises, Kegel exercise can strengthen the pelvic muscles a gradually and slowly.
4. Amla, Banana, And Honey
Amla, or also called Indian gooseberry, is widely used in various medications that are prepared by Indian medicine. The high sources of antioxidants in amla help you to cleanse your bladder as well as improve the strength of its muscle. In addition, amla juice can also aid in increasing the strength of your sphincter. Click To Tweet Therefore, it is a good way for people whose sphincter and muscles of the urinary bladder are weakened.
- Fresh amla – 1
- Or amla powder – ½ teaspoon
- Banana – 1
- Sugar candy powder – 1 teaspoon
- Honey – 1 teaspoon
- Firstly, you grate the amla or crush it after deseeding.
- Then, you extract its juice by placing it on a sieve or a clean cloth to press it.
- Next, you add sugar candy powder into the fresh amla juice and mix them well.
- Finally, you add honey into this mixture and have it with banana.
- You may have this juice for 2 to 4 times per day depending on the severity of your problem.
5. Sesame Seeds Along With Other Seeds, And Milk
Sometimes, the zinc deficiency is also related to the prostate issue and one of the common symptoms of this prostate issue is frequent urination. Therefore, you should eat more vegetables and fruits that are rich in zinc like apricots and apples. Sesame seeds along with other seeds such as watermelon seeds, pumpkin seeds, cucumber seeds, etc. have a good source of zinc.
- White sesame seeds – 1 part
- Black sesame seeds – 1 part
- Pumpkin seeds – 1 part
- Melon seeds kernels – 1 part
- Watermelon seeds – 1 part
- Cucumber seeds – 1 part
- Hot milk – 1 cup
- A jar with lid
- Firstly, you take all these above seeds and grind them finely to get a powder.
- Then, you store this seed powder into the jar with lid.
- To use it, you take ½ teaspoon of the prepared powder.
- Next, you add it into the cup of hot milk.
- Finally, you stir them well and have it.
- You may drink it daily.
Cranberries and its juice are an effective way on how to stop frequent urination caused by the urinary tract infection. Cranberries are packed with antioxidants that are known as proanthocyanidins. So what do the proanthocyanidins do? For this thing, you have to know that urinary tract infection is mostly caused by bacteria, which live in your digestive tract or on the genitals. When these bacteria enter into the urinary tract and stick into the walls of the bladder and ureters, you suffer from a urinary tract infection. The proanthocyanidins in cranberry juice can break this bond of the urinary tract walls and bacteria. Then, the bacteria are driven out of the system. Nevertheless, it is only effective in the first stages of urinary tract infection. If you have crossed this first stage and been on medical treatment, this juice can actually increase the frequent urination because it is a good diuretic. You can consult your doctor whether you should take cranberry juice or not while you are already taking medicines for urinary tract infection.
- Cranberries – a few
- Water – 1 cup
- A blender
- Firstly, you wash these cranberries thoroughly.
- Then, you place these fruits along with water into the blender.
- Next, you blend them to get its juice.
- Finally, you pour this juice into an empty cup and have it
- You should have 1 to 2 cups of this juice per day.
7. Plain Yogurt
One of other effective ways on how to stop frequent urination naturally at night is to consume yogurt, the plain yogurt. This yogurt has the beneficial bacteria called Lactobacillus acidophilus. Lactobacillus acidophilus can effectively prevent the development of harmful bacteria in the whole system including your bladder and urinary tract. Therefore, if your frequent urination is caused by the bacterial infection, you should have plain yogurt that can help you to get rid of it.
- You should have one to two bowls of plain yogurt every day
- You do not consume flavored yogurt because they have sweeteners along with other artificial agents and don’t have the beneficial bacteria.
8. Abdominal Massage
Most women have menstrual problems which can lead to bladder problems including frequent urination, interstitial cystitis, or bladder infections. The cause behind these problems can be the tilted position of their uterus that can exert excess pressure onto their bladder. In such cases, the abdominal massage may be a useful way on how to stop frequent urination and some other related issues that you should try. Massage will basically reposition the organs in your lower pelvic cavity such as your bladder, uterus, rectum, and lower bowel. While there are some certain steps that may be learned to conduct this abdominal massage to stop frequent urination, you should take the help of your expert. For a general understanding, here are these steps of the massage.
- Firstly, you place your fingertips at the top of the pubic bone.
- Then, you move your hands in short strokes upwards (towards your head) and inwards (towards your spine).
- The best position for practicing this massage is while you are lying down, preferably before going to sleep.
- Your hands should travel from your pubic bone to your navel in short strokes.
Note: You should always consult and take the help of massage therapist when doing this massage.
Read more: The book of urinate now
9. Diet Plan
Sometimes, it is simple for you to change your food habits to stop frequent urination. Here are a few tips on diets for getting rid of frequent urination.
- You should eat more the foods that are rich in nutrients and fiber. Fiber can help you to prevent constipation. Most of the cases of frequent urination often accompany constipation. In addition, you should also consume more those foods that are rich in calcium and magnesium. These can include barley, bananas, potatoes, and brown rice, etc
- You should eat antioxidant rich foods. Antioxidants can combat free radicals or anything which is toxic in the body including bacteria. Therefore, those foods including tomatoes, squash, cherries, blueberries, and cranberries are very good for you.
- It is very important to have enough fluids and water. People often think that this is the main cause of frequent urination and they always reduce the water intake. That is a grave mistake. This can cause dehydration. Therefore, you do not reduce your water intake. Instead, you have to drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water per day depending on the weather as well as your activity levels.
- Finally, you have to avoid consuming acidic foods. Acidic foods can increase the problems associated with your bladder. Hence, it will be better for you to avoid them. Besides, you should also avoid consuming acidic juices such as orange and grapefruit juice, salty, fried, hot, and spicy foods. Moreover, sugar, artificial sweeteners, pasteurized dairy products, red meat, and carbonated drinks are the things that you do not consume.
If you want to know more about natural ways for many other diseases and conditions related to your skin and health, go to our main How to page. After reading the article of top 9 ways on how to stop frequent urination, hope that you can find out the best solution to stop frequent urination naturally at night. Nevertheless, the article is only for the informational purpose, thus, you should meet your doctor to get advice before applying any natural way. If you have any question, or you know other ways on how to stop frequent urination, please leave them below.