Nowadays, hair loss may be a common problem. Some of the typical factors contributing to the problem of thinning hair are emotional stress or excessive physical, hormonal imbalances, nutritional deficiencies, use of false hair care products, pollution, allergies, heredity and poor hair care routine. If you meet this problem, it is not necessary to spend your money on expensive products and treatments. There are various natural solutions to help you get voluminous and thicker hair. In this article, VKool.com will show you 15 solutions on how to stop thinning hair naturally in men & women. The writing collected a list of safe and effective solutions for treating thinning hair from reliable sources. However, it is not intended to give medical advice and it is solely for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to learn these 15 solutions on how to stop thinning hair in more detail!
How To Stop A Thinning Hair Naturally In Men & Women: 15 Solutions
The vitamin E present in avocado contributes to your overall health of hair shaft. How to stop thinning hair with avocado? Here are detailed directions:
- Make a mixture of 1 mashed avocado, 1 mashed banana and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then massage it on the scalp and allow the mixture on the hair for half an hour so that these nutrients are absorbed by your scalp. Lastly, rinse it out and shampoo the hair.
- Another option is to make one hydrating hair mask by mixing wheat germ oil (two tablespoons) with ½ of 1 ripe mashed avocado. After that, apply the hair mask on the freshly shampooed hair and leave it to stay for at least twenty minutes. Wash your hair thoroughly and lastly shampoo your hair.
- You should use either of the avocado hair masks once per week.
Egg that helps you improve your skin also helps you deal with the problem of thinning hair. How to stop thinning hair with eggs? Here are step by step directions for you to follow:
- Take 1-2 eggs, depending on your hair length, and beat it properly. Then apply this egg on wet hair and leave it to stay for about half an hour. Rinse your hair using lukewarm water and shampoo. It is suggested to use this protein treatment about once or twice per week.
- Another choice is to mix together 1 egg yolk, a hair oil of your option (one tablespoon) and 2 tablespoons of water. After that, use this solution to massage the scalp thoroughly. You had better follow the remedy once per week in order to enjoy thicker hair.
3. Olive Oil
Olive oil can also add body to the hair. In addition, it will help strengthen and soften your tresses. For the most beneficial results, what you need to do:
- Massage your scalp and hair with warm olive oil and allow it on for around 30 to 45 minutes. Wash it out thoroughly and rinse your hair with a mild shampoo. Or, you can also keep the oil on the hair entire night and then shampoo the hair the next morning.
- Another method is to mix this oil with a little honey and then apply the mixture on the hair. Allow it on for about half an hour and then rinse your hair.
- You can use these remedies about once or twice per week.
4. Indian Gooseberry
The antioxidant, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and exfoliating properties of Indian gooseberry may help a lot in keeping a healthy scalp as well as better hair growth rate. How to stop thinning hair with Indian gooseberry? You can do as follows:
- Mix Indian gooseberry powder (one tablespoon) in coconut oil (two tablespoons) and heat till boiling. Strain the oil and then massage it onto the scalp before you go to sleep. The next morning, shampoo the hair as usual. It is recommended to do this remedy on a weekly basis.
- Another choice is to mix warm water (one-quarter cup) in Indian gooseberry powder (one-half cup) and allow it sit for around 10 minutes. After that, apply the paste on the hair and allow it on for about 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off. You do not shampoo the hair for several hours. It is suggested to follow this treatment every few weeks.
- Alternatively, you can also take this Indian gooseberry fruit and then use its extract as one dietary supplement for the healthy hair.
5. Castor Oil
Thanks to its high viscosity, castor oil coats the hair thoroughly as well as protects against hair fall. In addition, being high in fatty acids and vitamin E, it promotes hair growth. For best results, what you need to do:
- Heat a combination of equal parts of coconut oil and castor oil.
- Then apply it on your scalp and head and next massage in circular motions.
- Later comb the hair to distribute this oil throughout the hair and remove tangles.
- After that, cover your hair using a towel moistened with some warm water.
- Allow it sit for at least an hour and finally shampoo the hair as usual.
- You should follow this treatment once per week to enjoy thick and lustrous hair.
There are a lot of other healthy solutions on how to stop thinning hair presented in this article, so continue reading!
6. Fenugreek Seeds
The seeds of fenugreek may also be used to help prevent hair loss as well as enjoy better hair growth. How to stop thinning hair with fenugreek seeds? Here are detailed directions:
- Soak fenugreek seeds (two to three tablespoons) in water for about 8 to 10 hours. Later grind these soaked seeds to create a fine paste. You may also mix coconut milk (two teaspoons) in it. Then apply this paste on your scalp and hair and allow it to stay for about half an hour before rinsing your hair using lukewarm water.
- Another method is to use water that these fenugreek seeds soaked in entire night as a hair rinse. This solution will encourage your hair growth and help you to remove dandruff. It is suggested to use this way once or twice per week.
7. Henna Leaves
Looking for effective solutions on how to stop thinning hair, you should not pass henna leaves. The leaves will give the hair one rich natural color as well as make it softer, thicker and less prone to breakage. For positive effective, you can use it as follows:
- Grind fresh henna leaves (a handful) with a little water in order to make a fine paste. Allow it sit for 2 hours and later apply it to your hair. Secure your hair using a shower cap. After several hours, rinse your hair thoroughly and then shampoo your hair.
- Another choice is to mix enough water in the henna powder to create a paste with one yogurt-like consistency. You may also use green tea for the better conditioning. Allow the henna paste aside entire night. The next day, you add 1 raw egg and lemon juice (two teaspoons) to this mixture. Afterwards, apply it to the hair and leave it on till it dries completely. Lastly, rinse it off and shampoo the hair.
Being high in protein and omega 3 fatty acids, flaxseed may also help in promoting hair thicker naturally. How to stop thinning hair with flaxseed? Here are detailed directions:
- First of all, soak flaxseeds (one-quarter cup) in water entire night. The next morning, boil these flaxseeds in water (two cups) over high heat as stirring occasionally. When it thickens to one consistency of foamy jelly later turn off the heat and then strain the gel. You can also add an essential oil (a few drops) to it. Keep it to cool and next use it as one hair gel.
9. Aloe Vera
Due to its moisturizing quality, aloe vera is also a good solution to top thinning hair. Also, it will help keep the pH balance of your scalp. For satisfied results, what you need to do:
- Extract the gel from 1-2 leaves of aloe vera and rub this gel onto your scalp. Leave it to sit for half an hour before rinsing your hair using lukewarm water. You had better do this remedy once or twice per week on one regular basis.
- Another choice is mix coconut milk (two teaspoons) in fresh aloe vera gel and after that, apply it to the scalp. Allow it on for about 30 minutes before washing it off and shampooing the hair. It is recommended to repeat this treatment once or twice per week.
- Alternatively, you can also consume aloe vera juice (one tablespoon) every day on an empty stomach in order to enjoy better hair growth as well as overall health.
Honey contains a lot of minerals and vitamins. It also works as humectants that attract moisture and maintain your hair hydrated thus they do not break thanks to dryness. How to stop thinning hair with honey? Here are two methods for you to follow:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of dried Sage
- ½ tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup of water
- Mix all of these ingredients to create your nourishing hair tonic.
- Then massage the scalp with this solution for about 5 minutes.
- Allow for half an hour.
- Rinse off with some herbal shampoo or your regular shampoo.
- Repeat once every week.
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of yogurt or buttermilk
- Heat the oil to make it warm.
- Add yogurt and honey to warm oil. If you have oily hair, you can take buttermilk instead of yogurt.
- Then mix well to have a well blended mixture.
- After that, wet the hair to make it damp. You can also use the conditioner after rinsing your hair.
- Later apply the conditioner to the hair and wear one shower cap to hold the heat trapped into this.
- Leave for around 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, rinse your hair using lukewarm water.
- Repeat this method once in per week or fortnight.
How to stop thinning hair with onion? Here are easy steps for you to follow:
- First of all, get 2-3 red onions or shallots
- Cut them in many small pieces.
- Then crush the chopped onion in order to extract their juice.
- Afterwards, apply this onion juice on the scalp.
- Allow for around 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse off your hair using a shampoo.
12. Licorice Herbal Remedy
How to stop thinning hair with this remedy? What you need to do:
- 4 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of licorice powder
- A pinch of saffron
- Add saffron and licorice powder to milk.
- Mix well.
- Then apply the resultant paste on the areas or bald patches of scalp where hair is thinning.
- Allow the paste overnight.
- Rinse off in the morning.
13. Coconut Oil
How to stop thinning hair with this oil? Here are detailed directions for you to follow:
- First of all, mix 4 tablespoons of coconut oil and 2 teaspoons of lime juice for curing the problem of thinning hair.
- Massage your scalp with the mixture for around 10 – 15 minutes.
- Finally rinse it off.
Washing scalp with vinegar after rinsing hair with one shampoo can treat thinning hair problem. An individual may use a mixture of half cup of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of warm water for rinsing hair to obtain the better results. Drinking half teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water about 3 to 4 times in per week can also improve the hair growth.
15. Healthy Diet
Generally, a healthy diet high in protein and various minerals and vitamins is an essential prerequisite for thicker and healthy hair. Especially, protein and B vitamins promote longer and thicker hair. Therefore, you should include more eggs, Greek yogurt, poultry, milk, fatty fish, beans, legumes, seeds, whole grains, fresh green vegetables and nuts in your daily diet.
Related articles on hair problems:
To get more information related to effective way for health problems, go to our main How To page. After studying the writing of 15solutions on how to thinning hair naturally in men & women, hope that this article will help you find out the best solution to treat the problem of thinning hair fast and effectively. However, the writing is solely for the informational purpose, so you need to get advice from your doctor before applying any way. If you have any question or comment, please leave them below, I will respond you as soon as possible. Also you can share the experience if you know any other remedies for treating thinning hair to us.
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Plantar fasciitis system review – can Emma’s remedy work?
- 7 Home remedies for post nasal drip in children and adults
- How to treat lupus disease with diet – 6 tips
- List of 22 good parenting skills & their benefits to the child
- 16 Tips Of Natural Pilonidal Cyst Treatment You Should Know
- how to treat oily skin at home naturally – 6 tips
- Dave’s 10 minute method review – Dave Nelson’s hair-care methods
- Choosing baby names to go with surname by meaning