This is one of the most common health issues that women will face in their whole life at least once. Bacterial vaginosis could be seriously debilitating especially if you are out of your home. It will lead to pain, itch, and a lot of troubles that can even make women get more stress in life. Especially, it can even negatively affect women’s sexual life and might derive their happiness.
How To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis Naturally At Home – Best Home Treatments:
Bacterial vaginosis is among the most common types of vaginal infection. Many ‘bad’ bacteria as well as ‘good’ bacteria are normally present in the vagina. This mild infection occurs due to a change in the balance levels between the bad and the good bacteria inside a woman's body.
Common symptoms of this condition may include: fishy odor (sometimes), excess vaginal discharge, along with occasionally pain and itching during urination.
Experts are not sure what triggers and affects the balance of the bacteria, but there are some certain factors that may increase the risks of this infection. Such factors include excessive douching and smoking, having a new sex partner, and having more than one sex partner.
Bacterial vaginosis is caused by the imbalance of bacteria in the vagina. Bacterial vaginosis usually comes with excess white discharge from the vaginal area. This is a popular health issue that mostly occurs in women during the childbearing age. When the number of ‘bad’ bacteria is larger than ‘good’ bacteria in your vagina, it will lead to a bacterial imbalance, resulting into the bacterial vaginosis issue. The simplest way to deal with and beat off this ailment is to make use of some simple yet effective home remedies listed down in the article today.
Causes of the disease:
- Poor hygiene
Symptoms of this disease:
- Burning sensation during urination
- Redness in vagina
- Vaginal itching and inflammation
- Gray discharge or heavy whitish with fishy odor from the vagina
Today, in this article, I will introduce some of the best home remedies and tips on how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home that are proven to work effectively for relieving the symptoms and trouble due to this issue within a very short period of time.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This is the first out of the how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home that I would like to introduce in this entire writing.
Making use of apple cider vinegar is actually a great home treatment for bacterial vaginosis. Thanks to its natural acidity, apple cider vinegar can help to increase the acidity in your vagina as well, thereby beating off and killing harmful bacteria effectively. This will make it difficult for harmful bacteria to survive as well as creating an ideal environment for good bacteria to grow.
- Prepare 1 – 2 cups of apple cider vinegar and pour it to your bath water.
- Sit in the bath water within about 20 minutes.
- Pat your vaginal area dry gently.
- Apply this method every day until your infection is improved.
Read more How To Cure Yeast Infection At Home With Yeast Infection No More to learn more about the best ways to beat off yeast infection in women.
Yogurt is also among the common home remedies for bacterial vaginosis that is widely used due to its powerful healing effect. Yogurt has beneficial bacteria that are also called “lactobacillus” – the good bacteria that can aid in fighting off harmful bacteria and keep your vaginal pH balance stay at healthy levels.
· You should eat 2 cups of plain yogurt every day to restore your vagina’s normal pH balance and also inhibit the growth and development of harmful bacteria.
· You can also dip a tampon in yogurt and place it onto your vaginal area for 1 – 2 hours. Apply this method 2 times every day until the symptoms are completely gone.
· You can also dip a cotton pad in yogurt and use it to directly apply onto your affected vaginal area. Let it stay for about 30 minutes and use clean, fresh water to wash the area thoroughly. Apply this method 3 times every day until the symptoms are completely gone.
In brief, is also one of the most effective how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home that people should make use!
3. Tree Tea Oil:
Tea tree oil has natural antifungal and antibacterial compounds that can help to kill the germs leading to bacterial vaginosis. It will also help you deal with and fight against the terrible odor that is commonly associated with this infection.
· To make use of this oil, you just need to add 3 cups of white vinegar and 3 drops of tea tree oil to your bath water (use lukewarm water for best results) and then soak your body in the bathtub for about 30 minutes. Apply this remedy every other day for 1 – 2 months as necessary.
· You should also add to a small bowl of warm water with a few drops of tree tea oil and stir the mixture well. Rinse your vagina thoroughly with this solution once every day for 3 – 4 weeks.
In fact, this is also one of the best how to treat bacterial vaginosis naturally that people should make use for good!
Garlic is well-known for its strong taste and smell, as well as the powerful in fighting against and beating off many types of diseases, and for BV, it is actually not an exception. Garlic is a natural antibiotic that can help to cure bacterial vaginosis naturally without leading to any unwanted side effect. In addition, its powerful antifungal properties can help to keep the harmful bacteria in check and under control.
· You just need to consume raw or cooked garlic every single day. If you cannot tolerate the strong garlic smell and taste, you can also take garlic capsules in case you have already consulted a doctor.
· Another choice for you to make use of garlic is to wrap 1 garlic clove in gauze and place it onto your vagina. Let it stay for less than 30 minutes because it can even lead to soreness if you let it stay for too long. Remember to apply this tip once daily for several days.
· Or else, you can also crush 3 – 4 fresh garlic cloves. Smear the mashed garlic onto your affected vaginal area. Let it stay for about twenty minutes and use lukewarm water to rinse off your vagina area with lukewarm water. Remember to apply this tip once daily for several months.
Fenugreek is highly beneficial for dealing with bacterial vaginosis. It can aid in improving the vaginal pH levels as well as boosting the immune system to enhance and make the healing process faster.
- Steep 1 teaspoon of fenugreek seed in one cup of hot water for about 5 minutes. Strain the tea, add some honey and drink the tea 2 – 3 times every day if needed.
- Mix 1 cup of yogurt with 1 teaspoon of fenugreek powder. Consume the mixture 2 times every day for several days until you see your condition relieved
- Soak 2 tablespoons of fenugreek seed in 1 glass of water and let it stay overnight. Next morning, drink the solution on an empty stomach. Apply this tip for one month at least until you see your symptoms improved.
This is actually one of the most effective and easiest to apply tips on how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home and naturally that people can apply right away without concerning about the safety or effectiveness of the method.
Milk is famous for its amazing health benefits and is used widely in the daily life. It appears in the meals of several families in the world. Besides, milk has lactobacillus bacteria that make it also a great natural treatment for bacterial vaginosis. In addition, milk can help to boost the immune system. In fact, this is one of the most effective and safest home remedies to apply and tips on how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home that readers should keep in mind and make use for good!
· You can add 1 tsp. of turmeric powder to 1 glass of milk (warm). Consume this mixture once every day until your condition is relieved.
· Dip 1 tampon in chilled milk and let it enter and approach your vaginal area. Keep the tampon in for 1 – 2 hours and then remove it. Apply this tip every day for several days to reduce the symptoms of the disease.
7. Coconut Oil:
Coconut oil contains natural antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties that can kill the germs leading to the bacterial vaginosis condition as well as preventing it from recurring.
- You should use coconut oil to cook daily meal as frequently as possible to enhance the immune system and boost the healing process.
- Alternatively, you can soak in organic coconut oil a tampon and insert it into your vagina. Let it stay for a couple of hours. After removing the tampon, use lukewarm water to rinse the area thoroughly. Apply this tip once every day for several days.
- Use organic coconut oil to apply onto your affected area 3 times every day until you see the symptoms of your condition improved.
8. Indian Lilac:
Indian lilac is also called “margosa” or “neem”, has antifungal and antibacterial properties that can help to reduce inflammation and itching as well as killing the germs leading to this infection. In fact, this is actually one of the simplest yet most effective home remedies and tips on how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home that I really want you and my other readers to learn and apply as soon as possible.
· Heat 1 handful of Indian lilac leaves in a pan. It is not necessary for you to add water or any liquid.
· Let the leaves cool down and then finely grind the leaves into a powder.
· Mix a little water with 2 teaspoons of the powder to form a paste.
· Use the paste to apply in and around your vagina. Let it stay for 30 minutes and then use lukewarm water to rinse it off.
· Apply this tip every day until you see your symptoms totally gone.
9. Tea Bags:
The tannins contained in tea have astringent and antibiotic properties that can help to soothe the burning sensation as well as reducing irritation and swelling.
· Soak 1 tea bag in lukewarm water for ten to fifteen minutes.
· Place the tea bad in the fridge for about 5 minutes to chill it.
· Use the cool tea bag to apply externally onto your affected area to get itching relief.
· Apply this treatment 3 – 4 times every day for about 2 – 3 weeks to get the infection completely cleared up.
10. Oregano Oil:
This is the last but very important natural tip on how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home that I would like to list down in this entire writing and want readers to apply.
Oregano oil has both antifungal and antibacterial properties and could be used to fight against and beat off the germs that contribute to the form of bacterial vaginosis. It can also help to prevent the infection's reoccurence effectively. To deal with the bacterial vaginosis condition, you should make use of the type of oregano oil free of alcohol.
- You just need to mix 1 glass of lukewarm water with 3 drops of oregano oil. Consume this solution 2 times every day. Keep following this remedy for 1 – 2
- Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with 3 drops of oregano oil. Use the mixture to apply onto your affected area and let it stay for 2 hours. Apply this tip 2 times every day until you see the symptoms of your condition are improved or completely gone.
Now, after introducing several simple yet effective tips on how to treat bacterial vaginosis naturally, I would like to recommend you and my other readers to spend time reading one more article which can also help people find proper and safe ways to deal with the bacterial vaginosis problem – the How To Get Rid Of Bacterial Vaginosis Naturally With BV Straight Talk article. This is actually a revolutionary writing as it releases several useful tips and techniques, as well as home remedies that are proven by several formal sufferers who had treated the BV issue successfully thanks to these remedies. In fact, the information and knowledge included in this article are just simple things that even beginners can apply and get success with ease. They also require no complicated preparation that may take much money, time, and effort of people who are struggling with the BV issue. In addition, to make use of these natural treatments, people just need to prepare a few simple ingredients that are very cheap and available on the market. Therefore, people suffering from bacterial vaginosis just need to follow these remedies step by step and carefully without concerning about the possible unwanted side effects.
If you think that the best tips on how to treat bacterial vaginosis at home that I introduced in this article are exactly what you and other BV sufferers need to know, learn, and remember to apply to deal with this vaginal health issue, and if you want to share this list with other women you know who are also looking for to deal with this condition, you should feel free to share this list widely to make use together with other sufferers. On the other hand, as an author of Vkool whose responsibility is providing readers with the most informative and useful articles, helping them in dealing with any problem in many fields of life, I would like to see my readers’ personal opinions, so remember to leave your feedbacks and comments below!This is the list of the best tips on how to treat bacterial vaginosis naturally at home that are proven effective and 100% based on nature so that readers of VKool.com and any other woman who are also struggling with this harmful and stubborn vaginal problem. In fact, everyone can make use of the remedies listed down in this article to fight against and beat off their current BV situation with ease without the need for spending too much time, money, and effort. Moreover, making use of these natural treatments, you will not need to worry about the side effects that you might get when applying them because they are 100% natural!
Related articles about women health issues and problems, including itchy vaginal itching, how to improve their sexual health, and how to deal with related diseases naturally: