In fact, a bunion is known as a bony bump developing on your joint of your big toe. This kind of foot deformity includes both soft and bone tissue. It often happens if your big toe grows and pushes against the other toe growing next to it, which, in turn, forces misalignment of your joint. Foot problems like bunions may negatively affect your pace and thus affect to your daily schedule. You can easily apply some natural ways on how to treat bunions at home or opt for some medical treatments, including surgery. Surgery aims to help you to relieve pain as well as improve functioning. However, it is essential to know whether you have to use the surgical shoe or cast or even keep your foot in place without putting pressure on it after surgery. In addition, it always takes you an expensive procedure to solve completely. Therefore, you can seek a second treatment before you make your final decision. If the condition is not too severe, you can try applying some natural homemade remedies to aid in reducing its symptoms and also improve your condition as well as slow down a bunion’s progression.
Today, I will introduce to you a new article about how to treat bunions on feet without surgery in VKool page. This writing will show 10 natural ways to aid you in dealing with this condition without applying surgery.
Top 10 Ways On How To Treat Bunions On Feet Without Surgery At Home
Although bunions commonly occur on the big toe joint, this condition can also occur on your little toes. Apart from the bump, people suffering from bunions can also experience other symptoms such as thick skin on your big toe underside, inflamed skin on your big toe side, having a difficulty on moving the big toe, persistent foot pain, and calluses on the toe next to your affected toe. Besides, if you wear a pair of poorly fitting shoe, it can also cause bunions. This foot problem may also be caused by genetics, which means that this foot has a fault structure caused by a heredity. Plus, there are a few medical conditions contributing to bunions, including an abnormal structure of its bone, excessively flexible ligaments, and flat feet. You can follow any of these ways below to find out the best treatment which is right for you.
1. Toe-Stretching Exercises
The first way on how to treat bunions is to do stretching exercises. Any exercise, which aids you in strengthening your abductor hallucis (known as a muscle in the foot having a responsibility to help your big toe to act flexibly), is beneficial for decreasing the discomforts caused due to bunions. In fact, toe-stretching exercises will be able to keep your toes mobile and flexible. In addition, these exercises will also aid your bone realignment, circulation, and red blood cell activity. Nevertheless, doing toe-stretching exercise will not correct the deformed toe position.
How to apply:
- You firstly put an elastic band on your affected big toe.
- Then you slowly turn the foot outward till you have a stretch feeling on your big toe.
- You hold this position for about a minute and relax for another a minute.
- Repeat this process 15 minutes for twice or thrice on a daily basis.
2. How To Treat Bunions With Epsom Salt Soak
Soaking yourself in the Epsom salt water is another effective way on how to treat bunions and soothe sore and irritated feet. Thanks to the rich source of magnesium sulfate in it, Epsom salt has the ability to remove the pain and inflammation caused by the bunion.
How to apply:
- At first, you put some tablespoons of this salt in a small tub which can cover your feet up to the ankles.
- Now, you put the lukewarm water to fill this tub wand stir well to help the Epsom salt get dissolved completely.
- You soak your affected foot in this solution and relax for 17 to 20 minutes.
- Keep using this treatment 2 or 3 times weekly.
- You can use warm water soak to instead if you don't have Epsom salt available.
Calendula is a natural herb containing anti-inflammatory properties, which will be capable of reducing the uncomfortable feelings, such as swelling and pain, caused when you suffer from bunions. Besides, calendula can decrease the chance of developing calluses and corns on your affected foot.
How to apply:
- Simply prepare the over-counter calendula ointment and then dab it gently on the bunions for 2 or 4 times per day.
- Also, you can crush a few fresh calendula leaves and then extract its juice. You apply the calendula extract on your affected foot and let it dry naturally. You should reapply it 2 or 3 times every day.
4. Cayenne Pepper
Do you know that cayenne pepper is very beneficial in reducing pain caused due to bunions? Actually, this spice is comprised of a compound named capsaicin which has anti-inflammatory properties helping you to remove discomfort and pain of bunions.
How to apply:
- Firstly, you dab a thin petroleum jelly layer directly on your affected foot and then put this spice over it.
- Wait for a while and then press it gently on your foot by using a piece of cloth.
- Or you can apply an ointment having capsaicin directly on your foot 2 or 3 times daily.
Read more: 10 Uses Of Cayenne Pepper For Hair Growth
5. Wear The Right Shoes
Another tip on how to treat bunions is to choose a pair of suitable shoe. When you suffer from bunions, immediately check your footwear. If you have improper footwear, it not only puts you at a high chance of foot conditions but also can make your symptoms get more serious as well as slow down the healing process.
- Hence, you should choose a pair of shoe which have a deep and wide area for your toes to avoid putting and rubbing pressure on your affected foot.
- Even if you just wear your shoes for a few hours, you should choose a pair of shoes having enough room around the toes and conform to your foot shape.
- Besides, you may evenly distribute pressure when moving your feet by using padded shoe inserts.
- In addition, you should not wear high-heeled shoes which have narrow and pointed toe area because they can lead to abnormal movement and friction of your toe joints.
- Last but not least, you have to avoid wearing tight-fitting socks to help let your toes have enough room to move.
Finding out more natural ways on how to treat bunions on feet by keeping following our next post!
6. How To Treat Bunions With Acupuncture
Although acupuncture is not an effective way to keep bunions at bay forever, you can apply this method to ease the pain on your foot side. In acupuncture method, people use thin needles locally around and on the bunion and points which can aid in dealing with a weak spleen. This is known as an underlying reason causing bunions.
You should apply this acupuncture method with the help of an expert specializing in it. It can take some sessions of acupuncture to help you ease the pain as well as improve your foot mobility.
If you want to have a natural way on how to treat bunions by using natural ingredients in the kitchen, you can use turmeric to help you deal with this problem. Turmeric, in fact, contains a compound named curcumin. This compound is high in anti-inflammatory properties helping to ease inflammation along with pain.
How to apply:
- First of all, you take a teaspoon of powdered turmeric and then dissolve it a glass containing lukewarm water. You consume it every day (2 times per day) to ease inflammation.
- Also, you prepare a paste by combining half a teaspoon of powdered turmeric enough olive oil. Then you apply this paste on your affected foot 2 or 3 times on a daily basis for several days.
- Or you can take some curcumin capsules only after seeing your doctor and get the proper dosage.
Like turmeric, you can use chamomile as one the best natural ways on how to treat bunions. Chamomile is able to provide you with an effective relief from bunion problems. This herb is loaded with anti-inflammatory properties in nature, which will assist you in fighting against the inflammation and swelling as well as ease the pain.
How to apply:
- Now, you just make a cup of hot chamomile tea and then sip it 2 or 3 times daily.
- Another choice is to take the used and warm chamomile tea bags and then rub them directly on the affected foot for 7 to 10 minutes. Keep doing this a few times daily.
- Alternatively, you mix a tablespoon of chamomile (dried) with an adequate amount of water to get a chamomile paste. Then you rub this on the bunions and wait for 15 minutes. Finally, you simply rinse off your foot with water. You should follow this process twice a day.
9. Warm Oil Massage
Applying warm oil massage can help you effectively to deal with bunions on your feet. You can also apply massage therapy on your affected area with the support of a bit of warm oil to get rid of the discomforts caused by bunions. Massage will help you to boost your blood circulation, helping to ease the severe pain and inflammation. Plus, this therapy will also reduce the pressure put on your toes and the chance of developing calluses and corns.
How to apply:
- Now, you heat a bit of castor oil or olive oil or coconut oil by using the microwave.
- Then you dab this warm oil directly on your affected foot.
- After that, you use your fingers to heavily massage for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Keep repeating this thrice per day.
10. How To Treat Bunions With Cold Compresses
After putting pressure on your feet for a long time, your bunions will be prone to become painful or inflamed. In this case, the best treatment to help you get rid of pain and swelling if to apply cold compresses. The cold temperature will be responsible for providing you with a relief by numbing temporarily on your nerve endings.
How to apply:
- You simply use a thin washcloth to wrap some ice cubes.
- Then you rub this ice pack on the affected foot and keep it in place for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Next, you take the ice pack out of your foot and relax for 5 minutes.
- Con continue to repeat this therapy 2 or 3 times or until you feel better.
- You should do this several times daily.
Note: Remember not to apply the ice cubes directly on the skin because it can make you get a burn.
How To Treat Bunions – Additional Tips
While applying any of 10 natural ways on how to treat bunions on your feet, you should follow some additional tips below to aid you in getting rid of this condition more effectively:
- You should use shoe inserts to help you to keep abnormal foot motion at bay. Orthotics or arch supports which are prescribed by a physician may also be very helpful.
- Besides, you should wear padded socks if you walk around your house.
- If you suffer from bunions from the mild to moderate level, you can walk barefoot to help a lot.
- To curb inflammation and pain, you can include much more anti-inflammatory foods in the daily diet. Also, do not forget to include protein and foods high in vitamins A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, and vitamin E in the diet.
- Finally, you have to avoid dance ballet dance and other activities requiring constrictive shoes.
There are many other ways on how to treat several health conditions and problems, which you easily find out by accessing our main How to page. By reading this writing about how to treat bunions, hope that it can assist you in dealing with bunions on your feet without surgery. If you have any question while applying these ways, you can freely ask us by leaving your comment below. Also, if you get any other ways on how to treat bunions, share your experience with us.
Related article: Home Remedies For Corns And Bunions On Feet That Really Work
Want More Content Like This In Your Inbox?
- Grow taller 4 idiots review – is Darwin Smith’s plan useful?
- Urinate now review – is the method to treat shy bladder of Jake Rubin effective?
- Simple ways to prevent blood clots naturally
- Easy lemon recipes: top 9 beauty recipes for hair & skin
- Healthy green vegetable recipes for weight loss – cook greens now!
- The Gabriel method review – does Jon Gabriel’s method work?
- Benefits of almonds for health, skin and hair
- 24 Tips How to Treat Red Eyes at Home Without Eye Drops